SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Ultimate Cruiser - Harley Davidson?

Tincan

Originally posted by Harley_Hong@Jun 9 2005, 11:58 PM

Well, it still applies to all bikers.. We are at the mercy of God's will....

Yeap, that's right. :cheeky: I like what you have mentioned. We all suffer the same fate when we ride and it rain heavily, all will got to drench.

Practice make perfect....But since Nothing is perfect, Why practice so hard? by Cowboy Wong....

http://w2.bikepics.com/pics/2006/11/22/bikepics-729398-150.jpg

I didn't know I already in love with my Slow Little Greenie until recently almost selling her away...how can like that? :faint:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by jamez@Jun 9 2005, 05:11 PM

hi archenemy (the band archenemy????metalhead???)

like you...i was(still am) a Harley enthusiast since i started taking my 2B...i was fustrated from waiting and waiting to take my class 2 for 2 years.perservere man...dun give up...datz wat i did... altho i have not bought my Harley yet...i know itz coming... juz a few buckz more heh heh... :cheeky: anyway...perservere man...DUN GIVE UP!!!! :cheer:

Jamez,

Which HD you aiming?? Interested to take over my Fat Boy??

All as well, ends well.

Originally posted by Intruder@Jun 10 2005, 12:01 AM

Yeap, that's right. :cheeky: I like what you have mentioned. We all suffer the same fate when we ride and it rain heavily, all will got to drench.

I think I got the wrong size for my rain pants.... M size... I feel like I'm in the '60s.... Wear the pants damn high or else I can't open my legs or seat on the bike and that gives a big lobang for my boots and socks to get wet..

Sianz....

Always drenched whenever heavy rain...

Got lobang to get just the pants alone??

All as well, ends well.

Originally posted by Harley_Hong@Jun 10 2005, 12:08 AM

I think I got the wrong size for my rain pants.... M size... I feel like I'm in the '60s.... Wear the pants damn high or else I can't open my legs or seat on the bike and that gives a big lobang for my boots and socks to get wet..

Sianz....

Always drenched whenever heavy rain...

Got lobang to get just the pants alone??

Perhaps you can try not to pull ur rain pants too high just nice will do. If your rain coat is long enough it should cover you well. Unless you are too tall that why you got this prob. Try wearing the rain boots, ithink it should be able to cover ur exposure of your socks.

Me, i pull my pant to stomach area, and length long enough to cover me. Maybe i am too short to it. :faint:

Jamez, 'tan si mi?' Fatboy lai liao....

Practice make perfect....But since Nothing is perfect, Why practice so hard? by Cowboy Wong....

I didn't know I already in love with my Slow Little Greenie until recently almost selling her away...how can like that? :faint:

Originally posted by Intruder@Jun 10 2005, 12:16 AM

Perhaps you can try not to pull ur rain pants too high just nice will do. If your rain coat is long enough it should cover you well. Unless you are too tall that why you got this prob. Try wearing the rain boots, ithink it should be able to cover ur exposure of your socks.

Me, i pull my pant to stomach area, and length long enough to cover me. Maybe i am too short to it. :faint:

Jamez, 'tan si mi?' Fatboy lai liao....

My esprit raincoat works well but i think if I lower the pants... I am showing the whole world my crack... Which I dun want to... And I can't wear other boots... I got to wear my army boots...

All as well, ends well.

Originally posted by Harley_Hong@Jun 10 2005, 12:20 AM

My esprit raincoat works well but i think if I lower the pants... I am showing the whole world my crack... Which I dun want to...

Hmm...then i think you can try Chiap Lee or other shops to see if they got good raincoat for you liao. I got mine from LAB, cheap and good enough for me to dodge the rain. Maybe army market at beach road have better one. I last time got a suit of Goretex material raincoat, though abit thick for storage but not bad. Sori dude can't help much. :sorry:

Oh you mean with your army boots? then the booty cannot liao. Emm... i dun think there are any rain pants that can protect your boot from drenching.

Originally posted by Intruder@Jun 10 2005, 12:24 AM

Hmm...then i think you can try Chiap Lee or other shops to see if they got good raincoat for you liao. I got mine from LAB, cheap and good enough for me to dodge the rain. Maybe army market at beach road have better one. I last time got a suit of Goretex material raincoat, though abit thick for storage but not bad. Sori dude can't help much. :sorry:

Hey... You have given me more then enough info.. Why the sorry..

I should in return say thanks a million instead

All as well, ends well.

Originally posted by Harley_Hong@Jun 10 2005, 12:26 AM

Hey... You have given me more then enough info.. Why the sorry..

Thanks a million

;)

think sometime its the speed u travel. i dont have problem riding in sg but if it was up north the rain will eventually wet my socks. think partly also my gortex boots is mid-cut...like cover just the ankle. next time go trip will wear army boots :cheeky:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Originally posted by WarMonger13th@Jun 9 2005, 08:18 PM

Once you enter the harley fold, you never leave.

Yes you may degenerate into a sagging bag of sh*t, too proud to give respect to other puny bikers but the harley fold will love and embrace you for it.

As for us seasoned HD bikers, we love those punks behind these forums to throw empty words at us...we just love to wallow in self damnation.

There is no salvation for the harley rider...only a lifetime of self-pride and belief that he or she is riding on one of the most respected bikes in the world.

We don't see many sportbike jokers who can last the distance...

Maybe them rides eventually crumble to dust and rust or their techno-crap company produces something in 9-12 months that blows what they currently own away to hell. They are obsolete in every sense of the word.

Again welcome to the harley fold, you may get occasional crap here, but on the road it's the drivers that give you the thumbs up, walkers that say "cool bike" and fellow HDers that wave back. The rest dun get nothing. Ignored lot they are, left to their own devices. Pity them here.

Ride well my friend

this is just that kinda rider that spoil the HD image...:nono:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Originally posted by Harley_Hong@Jun 9 2005, 11:53 PM

America or canada it doesn't matter cause it is by the foreigners A.K.A (Ang Moh)...

Chinese ain't have much time to start a flaming forum...

BTW,

I always thought you were from the Scooter section..

Since when you bought a cruiser?

no lah... me like to go there see see only mah ...

Its the same like:

I thought HD is make in america..

since when its make in canada?

It's not the miles per hour you go; It's the smiles per mile you get

www.kruzer.org.sg

http://re3.mm-a8.yimg.com/image/4267022567http://re3.mm-a10.yimg.com/image/404635075

Originally posted by comics00@Jun 10 2005, 09:38 AM

think sometime its the speed u travel. i dont have problem riding in sg but if it was up north the rain will eventually wet my socks. think partly also my gortex boots is mid-cut...like cover just the ankle. next time go trip will wear army boots :cheeky:

army boots is good enought or you can get the shoe cover. I have a pair for singapore ride.

It's not the miles per hour you go; It's the smiles per mile you get

www.kruzer.org.sg

http://re3.mm-a8.yimg.com/image/4267022567http://re3.mm-a10.yimg.com/image/404635075

Originally posted by seanwu@Jun 10 2005, 11:47 AM

no lah... me like to go there see see only mah ...

Its the same like:

I thought HD is make in america..

since when its make in canada?

HD is assembled in USA...

Actually some part of the HD are made in China :sweat: :sweat:

<span style=\'font-family:Ariel\'>The Difference between Men and Boys is that the Boys think the size of their Motorcycles has something to do with being a man.

Iron Butt Association#23842

Originally posted by Harley_Hong@Jun 9 2005, 11:51 PM

Agree... But hopefully that this incident wouldn't happen to anyone...

Imagine out of petrol...

Fine...

In the middle of expressway

Fine....

BUT

It is pouring cats and dogs...

The ultimate......

or should I say..

PRICELESS

i got it all xcept the last one..

Ventura Puig Keiti Bagster Motovation Akrapovic BMC Pazzo GPR RaceShield Brembo Bridgestone EBC

Arai AGV Alpinestar Dainese Sidi Coolmax

Anyone smell anything fishy? All were fine until someone stir up the hornet' nest and everyone just got so agitated. Let the matter rest and dwell no more in just some bad words mentioned. :cheer:

Gerald, how's your great 4? Change bike liao leh??? :cheeky: :cheeky:

Yes, heard of some of the HD stuffs made in China, did'nt know also got Thailand. thanks for the info Harley Hong. Actually, Thai can make many very beautiful handicrafts, i won't mind that if some of my HD part are from there. As long as the QC is good then it is fine with me.

Here's my PERSONAL opinion

Harley at most (to me) can ONLY be a show bike more less ultimate or far from it; its loud and vibrate too much and you can spend days polishing it then ride to leng kee road or orchard to show it off with fellow enthusiast , you stare at my harley and I stare at yours ...something like that.

As far as being "the" ultimate cruiser is concern...I wonder how the thread started even associate the word "Ultimate cruiser" with a show-bike class motorbike...perhaps just to clear his myth or get better understanding. it does not even have the slightest crusier quality you would expect to find in a good class cruiser. eg :-

Quiet a.ka. comfortable , Powerful, bulletproof engine, known reliability workhorse-class heritage, fuel efficient, pillion egornonics and comfort, luggage space etc etc

..and most Importantly still feel and ride like a bike not a tank?

What else but a Honda Pan European?

http://www.mundobike.net/fotos/segunda/ST%201300%20Pan%20European.jpg

Well, this is my choice.

I think people who rides St1100 and the likes are ultimate cruiser

Rider and bike together. :thumb:

Honda ..................and nothing else

Originally posted by Harley_Hong@Jun 10 2005, 05:11 PM

Not forgetting Thailand as well

the latest of american bike is the HD V-Rod & guess wat? the engine is from italy (or is it germany:confused: ) ever the americans always jokingly say "everything is made in China!" :faint:

Originally posted by seanwu@Jun 10 2005, 11:51 AM

army boots is good enought or you can get the shoe cover. I have a pair for singapore ride.

Army boots have metal plates in front, rite?. That is why it is so hard at the head of the shoes right? Careful, in accident, this metal plate can CUT your toes off..... I always check that my shoes have no metal heads before riding....

:offtopic: paiseh.....

:smile:

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2005-05-21/1sportsindex_i.jpghttp://www.arsenal.com/images/wallpapers/s_facupfinal3.jpg

Originally posted by BikeLover@Jun 11 2005, 01:02 PM

Army boots have metal plates in front, rite?. That is why it is so hard at the head of the shoes right? Careful, in accident, this metal plate can CUT your toes off..... I always check that my shoes have no metal heads before riding....

:offtopic: paiseh.....

:smile:

no lah no metal lah

Originally posted by comics00@Jun 12 2005, 11:48 AM

no lah no metal lah

I think he is refering to safety boots, which have a metal toe cap to prevent falling objects from crushing the toes.

This boot is not suitable for riding because the toe cap can fold over during an accident and slice off the toes :giddy: