SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Cruiser/Chopper Related Matters

nights

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey peeps, was looking thru this thread when i saw e nice helmet posted by nights.. n i noted its not psb approved.. juz wanna ask u peeps whether its so called legal requirement to wear psb approved helmets? or isit juz a general guideline? if suay enuff will kena stop by tp n kena fine anot? haha.. juz being curious..

Originally posted by maniahk@Nov 11 2006, 04:23 AM

hey peeps, was looking thru this thread when i saw e nice helmet posted by nights.. n i noted its not psb approved.. juz wanna ask u peeps whether its so called legal requirement to wear psb approved helmets? or isit juz a general guideline? if suay enuff will kena stop by tp n kena fine anot? haha.. juz being curious..

The helmet must be of a type approved by PSB that, mean the helmet is not necessary to beared sticker of PSB approving. Any person who contravenes this act shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $200.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

hmm.. ic.. so no need psb approved sticker, but need to be psb approved.. quite hard to gauge sia lidat.. u got e psb webby or smth dat has a list of criteria? fine up to 200.. haha.. wonder if any of e harleys ever got fined wearing their beanies..

Originally posted by maniahk@Nov 11 2006, 03:24 PM

hmm.. ic.. so no need psb approved sticker, but need to be psb approved.. quite hard to gauge sia lidat.. u got e psb webby or smth dat has a list of criteria? fine up to 200.. haha.. wonder if any of e harleys ever got fined wearing their beanies..

I think the motor shop should know whether they are selling approved helmat or not... usually they won't lie... If it is for export they will tell you... very common helmat is the half cap type... all not approved... wear and sell at own risk..

Originally posted by maniahk@Nov 11 2006, 03:24 PM

I am afraid I don’t have the web site with the criteria on approved helmet nor do I think there is one anyway.

A friend of mine rode a Harley Davidson got a warning before for wearing a half cap but, that was like one in a hundred times. Ha ha.. like they says, you could do anything you want, just don’t get caught.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by maniahk@January 04, 2007 01:06 am

hmm where to find ppl to do a leather wrap for handgrips ar? haha.. i need smth thicker to hold on to.. lol..

Hey, tried checking out LAB, Regina and the two shops (Seat wrapping and Aunt shop) along Kelantan Lane? I believe they have it as I bought mine from LAB for one of my previous bike but, I believe the seat wrapping or Aunt shop would have a better quality one. Otherwise, you could try checking out the motor accessories shop beside Lavender 219.

:goodluck:

Originally posted by imjah@January 09, 2007 12:09 am

Hi all cruiser rider,

Anyone know where to find the bracket for d puig windshield ??

Cheers cruiser rider and ride safe & be safe.:giddy: :cheer:

Probably you would want to check with Regina since they are selling PUIG windshield.

what's the diff between a chopper and a cruiser?

are there any other chopper/cruiser for class 2b other than TA 150/200 phantom?

if there is, what's the price range?

thx in advance.

What doesn't kills me can only makes me stronger.

5th October 2007 - 29th September 2008 Honda Phantom TA200

Originally posted by nojam@January 12, 2007 02:14 am

what's the diff between a chopper and a cruiser?

are there any other chopper/cruiser for class 2b other than TA 150/200 phantom?

if there is, what's the price range?

thx in advance.

It's somewhere in this thread. Pity it's locked

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

• 3 weeks later...

List of shops that do chroming .....

http://www.stengg.com/home/home.aspx

http://www.fintex.com.sg/

http://www.metall-treat.com

http://www.watsonep.com.sg

A summary from Singapore mirror

http://www.singaporemirror.com/ps_plating.htm

I never tried any of these before.... just happen to see it and thought someone might be interested....

good luck.

adriel

I . L . T . N . N

• 1 month later...

I'm currently looking for a shadow ace. Wonder if anyone's seeling off his/her's? Those who are riding one any advice on this bike?

May 2006 - Aug 2007 Phantom TA200 3003

Aug 2007 - Sept 2007 Phantom TA150 7475

Sep 2007 - Jan 2008 CBR 400 RRL Fireblade 3381

May 2008 - June 2009 Phantom TA150 7475

June 2009 - March 2010 Shadow ACE 400 3879

Current.... Looking for VINTAGE BIKES

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

HI all, I just got myself a Slasher, upgraded from a S4. Bike I think quite nice but exhaust pipes quite teruk la. Anyone knows where I can get nice after market pipes? Must be approved as I do not like to talk to uncle Sam.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/uploads/photo-25996.jpg

HI all, I just got myself a Slasher, upgraded from a S4. Bike I think quite nice but exhaust pipes quite teruk la. Anyone knows where I can get nice after market pipes? Must be approved as I do not like to talk to uncle Sam.

You won't be able to find any approved pipes locally but you could check online for a pair that has the lowest emission point and get it approve at LTA.

• 1 month later...

hello guys.

i'm looking for halogen bates 5 1/2 inch round headlamps for a project. anyone knows where i can get them locally? thanks. i've search the net, all i can find are 5 3/4 inch ones.

rien d'autre que le max.

hello guys.

i'm looking for halogen bates 5 1/2 inch round headlamps for a project. anyone knows where i can get them locally? thanks. i've search the net, all i can find are 5 3/4 inch ones.

You may want to check it out at those car workshops. Depending on where you live, a few places you could check it out varies at Sin Min Autopoint, AMK Industrial Park 2, Paya Ubi Industrial etc.

:goodluck:

• 2 months later...