SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[General] Chit Chat Corner

hamsterwhale

Avemaria, may i suggest easiest solution ?

go to planet.. tell ah chong, he will arrange for tow truck to send for inspection + all repairs...

he can give you best idea and help...

my friend's phantom rear-ended by taxi, hospitalized for 5 days, ah chong helped to repair bike and go through claim process.

Hi kmax,

always it is case to case basis, as for your friend's case, there is injury incurred, Police report and insurance claim are unavoidable, in other words, die die also must claim insurance one.

For Avemaria's case, since no major injury incurred which I pressumed, try to settle it privately, because the current practise by most general motor insurance companies in singapore does not favour all parties, there is already many cases happened whereby first party also has to pay 10% of the total claim by the third party even though first party is not at fault. Eventually, you ended up pay higher renewal premium because you had already made that 10% claim which can be only $100.

Also, note that if you claim insurance more than twice for that year, most insurance companies will decline your policy renewal for next year or accept your policy with conditions, either increase excess or premium. If you decide to switch insurance company, other companies will also get to know your happening with your last insurance company, then they will follow likewise. However, there are still several companies do not follow so you can try your luck if you really have to make claim.

It all started by that greedy AIG company to have such claims so that they can happily increase premiums to all policy holders whom had made a claim in order to generate more revenue for their corporate and more bonuses for their top management in the US, using our motorcar insurance regulations to take us for a ride and left us sucking our own toes.

Hope Avemaria do not have to go thru all these proceedings as it is very heart pain to pay higher premium for next year.

:smile:

Edited by vvss

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VidaK

• kmax

• Kevs

• jtzx

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but still best go motor shop ask for help, normally they will have their own lawyer and the lawyer will tell u wat best for u

i went mine, the lawyer help me fight, i dun have to pay a single cent.. wat he help me claim was, bike repair, lawyer fees and 3k i take for my own pocket.. hahahaha

but still best go motor shop ask for help, normally they will have their own lawyer and the lawyer will tell u wat best for u

i went mine, the lawyer help me fight, i dun have to pay a single cent.. wat he help me claim was, bike repair, lawyer fees and 3k i take for my own pocket.. hahahaha

hi ben,

as i said, it is case to case basis, for your case you are lucky that you had engaged a good lawyer to "fight" for you and got a good compensation. However, this does not mean that all cases will have the same result as yours. :cheeky:

a worse day for me...

phone cant use, send to hospital, & demand they fix it..

using old dinosaur phone...

work com super uber lag..

work cannot complete, boss chase..

nnb..

sibeh sian...

:sian:

!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!

我们都在不断赶路忘记了出路, 在失望中追求偶尔的满足..

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

Hi kmax,

always it is case to case basis, as for your friend's case, there is injury incurred, Police report and insurance claim are unavoidable, in other words, die die also must claim insurance one.

For Avemaria's case, since no major injury incurred which I pressumed, try to settle it privately, because the current practise by most general motor insurance companies in singapore does not favour all parties, there is already many cases happened whereby first party also has to pay 10% of the total claim by the third party even though first party is not at fault. Eventually, you ended up pay higher renewal premium because you had already made that 10% claim which can be only $100.

Also, note that if you claim insurance more than twice for that year, most insurance companies will decline your policy renewal for next year or accept your policy with conditions, either increase excess or premium. If you decide to switch insurance company, other companies will also get to know your happening with your last insurance company, then they will follow likewise. However, there are still several companies do not follow so you can try your luck if you really have to make claim.

It all started by that greedy AIG company to have such claims so that they can happily increase premiums to all policy holders whom had made a claim in order to generate more revenue for their corporate and more bonuses for their top management in the US, using our motorcar insurance regulations to take us for a ride and left us sucking our own toes.

Hope Avemaria do not have to go thru all these proceedings as it is very heart pain to pay higher premium for next year.

:smile:

thanks for sharing knowledge...

it is good to know someone from industry can share insight.

but taxi comps are notorious in claims, even for minor damage that they have to sent for repair for a few hours + loss of income.

anyway, good luck to avemaria and hope the case can be over smoothly.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg

thanks for sharing knowledge...

it is good to know someone from industry can share insight.

but taxi comps are notorious in claims, even for minor damage that they have to sent for repair for a few hours + loss of income.

anyway, good luck to avemaria and hope the case can be over smoothly.

not really someone from insight, its just some past experience by my own and with others sharing, and thru some other motorcar forums regarding the insurance claims, thats why I can share abit more of what is happening around regarding this issue.

In fact, I believe majority of us especially new riders dont bother to understand what general motor insurance covers us and why we are paying so high premium every year, in other words, we treat this general motor insurance like "pay pay lor, if not I cant renew my road tax and cant be on the road with this car or bike" or have a mentality of "aiya, pay pay lor, anyway this thing wont happen to me one lah", then become "bo chap" not knowing how this insurance can benefit us or what is the procedures for insurance claim. Only when thing really happen to us then we start to panic, dont know what to do.

I hope we can discuss and share more on this issue to educate our PK community so that we fully understand the system well and know how to handle such situation even if we might be on the road for many years but first time encounter such incident.

Also, update the cheapest premium with best coverages available in the market.

:cheers:

Edited by vvss

Hi all, back from a great trip. Arthur, paiseh didn't reply your sms. Was already in vietnam when I received it...

welcome back... and thanks for replying my smses when you were over there... :cheeky:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

hey guys!

went to ah chong already, did medical check up this and that..

taxi confirm will claim my insurance.. he quoted more than 1k..

and i will claim that guy's insurance..

my bike insurance is $600 so next year will be around how many %? btw i am 24 of age next year..

how you claim till $3k own pocket!!??

Live to ride :cheers:

Hi all, back from a great trip. Arthur, paiseh didn't reply your sms. Was already in vietnam when I received it...

welcome back... and thanks for replying my smses when you were over there... :cheeky:

So now Warren is also involved with Vicky after Lionel.... Choose to reply him but not me........

I AM BACK!!!!!

hey guys!

my bike insurance is $600 so next year will be around how many %? btw i am 24 of age next year..

all kinds of claim also have. i encountered an 'accident' before, verdict was 70-30 in my favour, i only 30% at fault. i ended up forking out 1k out of my pocket. f**king dunno who is the 1 who makan my money. other extreme cases is like what ben had, claim until he have a mini windfall.

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

hey guys!

all kinds of claim also have. i encountered an 'accident' before, verdict was 70-30 in my favour, i only 30% at fault. i ended up forking out 1k out of my pocket. f**king dunno who is the 1 who makan my money. other extreme cases is like what ben had, claim until he have a mini windfall.

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

hey guys!

So now Warren is also involved with Vicky after Lionel.... Choose to reply him but not me........

Haha he wanted to come over to my place just after I flew back so must arrange the time properly...needed some vidak action ma so can afford to reply one message...

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s351/thenation_bucket/whowatches.jpg