SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Brake (Front/Rear)

eFzek17

Originally posted by bloodybaguz@Mar 26 2006, 01:32 PM

dat time i fix e steel braided hose on my bro in law x1 25sgd gpr brand.

He is the one who said it...i just pm him for the name of the shop.....

Oh my gosh...y so ex.....then y he say this???? hmmmm

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i179/vjjam/SBFpic3.jpg

Bikes Owned Previously : Aprilia RS125 / Suzuki GSX 400RR / Aprilia RS250 / Honda Phantom TA150 / Yamaha YZF-R1 2004 / Yamaha X1 2005

Bikes Owned Currently : Yamaha YZF-R6 2006

Sponsorship by : SPA TREASURES

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by GrimReaper@Apr 7 2006, 09:34 PM

He is the one who said it...i just pm him for the name of the shop.....

Oh my gosh...y so ex.....then y he say this???? hmmmm

wow!!!! u gud in pushing pple har

25 BUCKS for X1 onli.i never mention for other BIKES.

:offtopic: :slapforehead: :angry: :gun:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d113/bloodybaguz/frontright2.jpg

Relax guys. I believe x-1 and raider not much diff, except i got both front and back disc brakes. but my back brake host is damn short coz my foot rest is modified. care to share why the price diff? coz i really interested in getting mine done up.

Peace. :thumb:

c'est la vie~

bloddybagus...didnt mean to put the blame on u...i just stated that i was not the one with the facts and that i got it from u...relax bro.... ;)

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i179/vjjam/SBFpic3.jpg

Bikes Owned Previously : Aprilia RS125 / Suzuki GSX 400RR / Aprilia RS250 / Honda Phantom TA150 / Yamaha YZF-R1 2004 / Yamaha X1 2005

Bikes Owned Currently : Yamaha YZF-R6 2006

Sponsorship by : SPA TREASURES

:thumb: for u man

PROBLEM is not serious, if it can be solved with MONEY ... the PROBLEM comes when you have NO MONEY

Honda Wave 110s - FT7476M

Honda CG 125 ----- FK7947T

Suzuki Bandit 400 - FM 8039Y

Yamaha Fazer 6 --- FW7537E

Honda Steed ------- FN 5565R

Yamaha YP 250 - FS2578R

Suzuki DL650 ---- FX9497T

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Zdableu83@Apr 7 2006, 10:27 PM

Relax guys. I believe x-1 and raider not much diff, except i got both front and back disc brakes. but my back brake host is damn short coz my foot rest is modified. care to share why the price diff? coz i really interested in getting mine done up.

Peace. :thumb:

yes bro its $25 singapore... joo chiat lane... the shop which sells alot of helmets.. the breake hose is GPR... 25 bucks only...

#ChalkBoardSG

-Don't let dreams juz be a dream.

Originally posted by Zdableu83@Apr 23 2006, 05:05 AM

can i have the exact location? try my luck later. open on sun?

its the lane beside joo chiat complex... enter it then go straigh.. keep going straight but keep a look out towards ur left side... sorry.. i dunno the exact location

#ChalkBoardSG

-Don't let dreams juz be a dream.

• 3 weeks later...

MERGED THREAD

Topic : wave rear disc brake

Description : wave rear disc brake

Hi, I know this is a old topic, but how to convert our normal wave brake to disc brake at the back? Like the wave limited edition like that. Any shop does that?

MERGED THREAD

Topic : x1 drum brake prob.. (back brake)

Description : from rod to cable?

hi.. im new here... n i have some problems w my x1... hope someone could help me...

recently, i changed to yoshimura racing footrest... then i realised that the brake cannot 'makan'.... a friend of mine told me to buy n use cable type instead of using the one the shop gave... rod type... n i oready bought it... does anyone know which shop can fix it?? n has anyone changed it oready?? how is it? good??

thankx in advance... :)

sad to say, the problem is not whether u use the rod or cable

so i would say the difference between using either of the 2 wouldnt be too great

after changing to racing footrest, the main issue why rear braking becomes weak is because the brake pedal is now very much shorter compared to the original one (u can compare the 2 side by side and you will get wat i mean)

unless yr foot is super strong and can exert super lots of force on the brake pedal, there's really no other way u can improve the rear braking

some solutions:

1. change back to original footrest (money for racing footrest wasted)

2. make do with the poor rear braking effect (have safety issues)

3. change rear brake system from drum to brake disc (may have cost & legality issues)

:goodluck:

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

....=[ R E P S O L ]=....

thankx for the help... but i once saw this guy riding x1 w cable brakes n racing footrest... he said that his rear brakes can 'slide'... he also mentioned that rod is nt good... wanted to ask him where he fix it.. but then he gone oready...

any of u know where i can fix it..? since i bought the cable brakes oready... like wasted lah if never change...

Originally posted by p0508384@May 15 2006, 01:59 PM

thankx for the help... but i once saw this guy riding x1 w cable brakes n racing footrest... he said that his rear brakes can 'slide'... he also mentioned that rod is nt good... wanted to ask him where he fix it.. but then he gone oready...

any of u know where i can fix it..? since i bought the cable brakes oready... like wasted lah if never change...

ic~

dint knw that the cable is that power

Spore not much of shops willing to do worksmanship if u dont buy the product frm them

:goodluck: in yr search

else..can always try JB

:cheeky:

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

....=[ R E P S O L ]=....

Originally posted by p0508384@May 16 2006, 10:03 AM

thankx for the help... really appreaciate it...

how bout other members here...? do u guys know where can fix in s'pore...??

bro, if u trust 'void deck mechanic'...... maybe i can help......but need to take alook at your cable first......u also need to buy some clips to fasten them.....

ya im fine w the 'void deck mechanic' style... as long as the thing can function properly n the screw wun jump out can oready lah.. haha.. btw, u also using the cable brake izzit??

haha... oook... i bought the cable at Bplus.... $20...

i tried to DIY oready.. but gt abit of prob.. then i tot tat the shop can help fix...

its hard to describe the thing.. but if u can c for urself, then it might be betta...

besides that, i have also bought long screws, spring n also bolt n nuts for the cable....

at first i tot that the cable cums w the screws, spring n all... but then, the uncle juz gave me the cable only... cable only.. lol... n expect me to DIY w juz tat thing... hmm...

neway, can try if u noe how to fix it... ;)

thankx for the help... :)