SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Kawasaki Versys

dospalmas

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright got my baby outta the shop!!! Man loving this bike to bits!! :lovestruck: fancy meeting you and the missus there dintigger! hehe sorry i was too escited i forgot to shake yer hand on my out. so when's your's coming out? first thing i did was to put the wind screen to the max height. wed then i'll be changing the handlebars and if i'm lucky ah boy would have the Acerbis Multi Plo T hand guards:cool: :thumb:

well wat am i waiting for......lets go ridiiiiing!!! can't wait for this baby to settle in then i'm sure i'll truly be having a blast eh?:p :cheeky:

nice meeting ya too .. anyway do post a pic when you get the handguards on..thinking bout it too. just paid a down payment for the H&B Jr top and the Versys rack ..wow ex man total 580sgd .. you can get members price not hehehe i think after the box i gonna lay low on spending for a month as my mdm gave me the look already when i talk bout spending ..

so how you gonna breaking the bike? the traditional 1000km way or the new hard breaking method? i opting for the hard break in method at raceworks ..cos might following my buddy up to Cameron Highlands 2 weeks time.

BTW do chack bout this

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/mcn/2007/August/august6-12/aug0707er6frameskawasakifacepressure/

apperenty on the http://www.versys.co.uk got some ppl seen this on their versys if so then need to bring back to loois and show them.

~Biker Till I Die~

dintigger bro...could you post pics of the skidmarx windscreen? off the net i could only get aside view. wanted to see from the front and compare to the Givi one. thx! i jus got the headlight protector from Alvin but haven't install yet. gonna do it by tonight:cheeky:

our Serendipity hahahah good to know u gisser hahah

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/dintigger/DSC00063.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/dintigger/DSC00064.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/dintigger/DSC00065.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/dintigger/DSC00066.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/dintigger/DSC00067.jpg

~Biker Till I Die~

haha nice to have bumped into you guys! actually i din have any kaki to go pump petrol with me just now - all working nights. wanted to actually see if u guys were up to it but i thought -ah leceh lah and just went ahead solo. anyway....like they say - the farkling quest continues hehehe:giddy: :cheeky: :cool:

was at dili and there was a wrecked black versys.the front rim literally broke into two,acerbis handguards scratched bad,should say right side took the blow.really sad sight.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/images/smilies/201108/tarka.gif

was at dili and there was a wrecked black versys.the front rim literally broke into two,acerbis handguards scratched bad,should say right side took the blow.really sad sight.

Hope the rider is okay. Bike can fix.

Cheers,

g

Ride like everyone else on the road is an Idiot

Know your ride well if you wanna go fast

Enjoy your ride, Have Fun

Live to Ride ,Ride to Live

maybe we can use this as an example to see how well or fast the kawasaki agent can order the parts here & get it repair & up & running.

Cos i dun really have much faith to depend on them :sian:

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/8836/copyofnanshansoyamilkmame5.jpg

maxwell hawker centre :slurp:

maybe we can use this as an example to see how well or fast the kawasaki agent can order the parts here & get it repair & up & running.

Cos i dun really have much faith to depend on them :sian:

There is not much choice, if you really like the bike, you have to bite the bullet and get it first. Then look for other means to get the parts. It has really exploded in terms of popularity in europe and now the US. The accessory lists confirm will be growing. One way would be to stock up on essentials like gasket kits or might I suggest the current group pool some money and share the resource like stocking say two sets of essential spares and whoever needs it, take and reorder so there is no waiting time. This way the money outlay is less individually. It relies heavily on mutual trust as money is involved and if the one who uses the shared resource doesn't do his part in reordering fast enuf.

Cheers,

g

Ride like everyone else on the road is an Idiot

Know your ride well if you wanna go fast

Enjoy your ride, Have Fun

Live to Ride ,Ride to Live

:sian: yo guys, y u all come out for refuel at 2nd link never jio me, even 3am i also ok wan, next time call me ok, :)

alamak i jus came back from refuel :cheeky: didn't know you ok for late night refuelling hehe. but for me also not too late lah. usually i'll leave ard 10pm and will be back by 12. finally tonight hit 700km so i guess by monday i can go for oil change when it hits 800 or 1000. cheeko did u do your first service at Evershine? it states free service but do we have to pay for labor??

Hi guys the versys is a brilliant looking bike. comparing the specs between the versys and the dl650. quite similar. Am trying to decide between the 2. The Vstrom has a slighter bigger tank and good fuel consumption? However versys lighter and more compact looking not to mention the cool rear suspension. any pointers to tip the balance?

hahaha same same i also mid life C... anyway comparing the 2 Vs'

the strom is heavier even for the 650 comparing to the Versys and the FC for versys is bettter so for a 19liter tank it is good enuff la about 22-24km/liter.

as for comfort ..it is always a personal thingie..

before riding the DR i find the egronomics of the Fazer is ok and also the super4 but after being on a DR my opinion changes .

so you see difrent ppl see things diffrently so it is up to u ..

what is best is to test ride both bike and you yourself decide.

as for me haha i am spolit by the versys now.. and in the future to upgrade will be a tedious task for me cos i be comparing it to the versys as power is not a factor for me .. for me it is the whole experience.

you bring yourself to versys.co.uk it is a forum and the ang mos compare a lot to other bikes .. some of them unbias comparision .. it is a good read if your have lots of time :)

~Biker Till I Die~

hahaha same same i also mid life C... anyway comparing the 2 Vs'

the strom is heavier even for the 650 comparing to the Versys and the FC for versys is bettter so for a 19liter tank it is good enuff la about 22-24km/liter.

as for comfort ..it is always a personal thingie..

before riding the DR i find the egronomics of the Fazer is ok and also the super4 but after being on a DR my opinion changes .

so you see difrent ppl see things diffrently so it is up to u ..

what is best is to test ride both bike and you yourself decide.

as for me haha i am spolit by the versys now.. and in the future to upgrade will be a tedious task for me cos i be comparing it to the versys as power is not a factor for me .. for me it is the whole experience.

you bring yourself to versys.co.uk it is a forum and the ang mos compare a lot to other bikes .. some of them unbias comparision .. it is a good read if your have lots of time :)

thanks for the info. imho, the versys is a sexier bike, design wise (upsidedown fork, crazy headlights, bad ass looking exhaust). price also identical to dl650. ABS on both bikes right? well i still have to pass my class 2 first b4 i decide :cheeky: 37 year old ah pek taking tp test in may....

i dont know bout the ABS on the strom but i know the Versys has it and i already test it on the 2nd day with the bike... thanks to the LTA appointed ABS testers- Taxi drivers.

hahah we not there far behind bro so far all the versys owners i know now are above 30 hahah i am 33 this year... old man that prefer to lim kopi and talk bout sammyboy than going to disco hahahhaha so u a samster? hahahahah

~Biker Till I Die~