SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Vmax Owners

rickzhee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow! 6 litres of engine oil is a lot more than what my Vulcan required! :giddy:

admin of the SVOG forum but not riding a vmax sound weird rite?

by the time this bike comes to sg shores, i think it time for my fazer to retire..:D

Another honourable addition to your collection! :thumb:

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Another honourable addition to your collection! :thumb:

hopefully me scraping the idea of getting a monster 696 end of this year and then wait out about 1 year before buying again will help with the approval from the home minister..:D

wanna ride with madness?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maxxmadness/madness00.jpg

from the £ given on the new vmax and a simple currency conversion, it gonna cost around sin$40K...:faint:

Wow wow...That's quite a hefty price but would certainly fit to the mean machine...Any idea when will this mean machine be in Singapore soil???...

:cool:

Wow wow...That's quite a hefty price but would certainly fit to the mean machine...Any idea when will this mean machine be in Singapore soil???...

it depends when they will officially launch the machine and available for ordering...singapore usually gets the machine 6 months later than the USA and Europe markets

wanna ride with madness?

Technical Specs

Engine

Engine type4-stroke, DOHC, 4-valve, V-type 4-cylinder

Engine cooling Liquid cooled

Displacement 1,679cc

Bore x stroke 90.0 x 66.0 mm

Compression ratio 11.3:1

Maximum power 147.2 kW (200 PS) @ 9,000 rpm

Maximum torque 166.8 Nm (17.0 kg-m) @ 6,500 rpm

Lubrication system Wet sump

Fuel System Fuel injection

Clutch type Wet, multiple-disc diaphragm spring

Ignition system TCI

Starter system Electric

Transmission system Constant mesh, 5-speed

Final transmission Shaft drive

Primary ratio 1.509

Secundary ratio 3.082

Gear ratio-1st gear 2.375

Gear ratio-2nd gear 1.810

Gear ratio-3rd gear 1.400

Gear ratio-4th gear 1.115

Gear ratio-5th gear 0.935

Fuel tank capacity 15 litres

Oil tank capacity 5.9 litres

Chassis

Chassis: Aluminium, Diamond-shaped

Front suspension systemTelescopic forks, Ø 52 mm

Front travel 120 mm

Rear suspension system Swingarm (Link-type suspension)

Rear travel 110 mm

Caster angle 31°

Trail 148 mm

Front brakeDual discs, Ø 320 mm

Rear brakeSingle disc, Ø 298 mm

Front tyre 120/70 R18M/C (59V)

Rear tyre 200/50 R18M/C (76V)

Dimensions

Length 2,395 mm

Width 820 mm

Height 1,190 mm

Seat height 775 mm

Wheel base 1,700 mm

Minimum ground clearance 140 mm

Service weight 310 kg

At 310kg, it sure is heavy!!!

wanna ride with madness?

Got Vboost no more ...

but a new technology YCC-I, YCC-T ...

QUOTE ----

2008: The rebirth of a legend

During the late 90’s Yamaha’s VMAX project team started to work on the rebirth of a legend. The team understand just how special the original VMAX is to its owners – as well as those fans who admired the bike without ever riding one. The project team identified a set of four goals that would enable them to create a worthy successor to the legendary original model.

• Awesome acceleration feeling together with strong performance
  • Distinctive, precise and sharp handling
  • A sophisticated chassis with unique bodywork
  • Compliant to EU3 regulations

With these main aims in mind, the development team have created an all-new powerful state-of-the-art 1,679cc V4 engine providing 200 PS and 166.8 Nm of torque combined with Yamaha’s finest and latest electronic engine control technology such as YCC-I and YCC-T. We’ve also created an all-new low-profile diamond-type frame, which uses the engine as a stressed member in order to deliver the right balance of rigidity, which makes for excellent straight line stability – together with precise and sharp levels of cornering. All packed in a head-turning and forceful appearance.

Owners of the original model – as well as newcomers to the VMAX world – can be sure that the new VMAX delivers an unforgettable combination of innovation and acceleration.

The new VMAX stays true to the philosophy of the genuine hot-rod. Imagine yourself gripping the drag bars and feeling the mega-wide 200/50 R18 rear tyre transfer all the V4’s incredible 200 PS and 166.8 Nm of throbbing torque to the ground – it’s got to the ultimate adrenaline ride. We are proud to say the VMAX is back!

VT250Z / Steed 400 / Dragstar 400 /Shadow 400 / VMax 1200

1992 -----1996--------1999-----------2003-----------2006 ..|

//ameblo.jp/grassmere

it depends when they will officially launch the machine and available for ordering...singapore usually gets the machine 6 months later than the USA and Europe markets

Well, i'm patient enough to wait for it but i do hope that the price won't be that high coz the midnightstar 1900cc was only going at S$25K before the coe and insurance...I can roughly guess that it may be going at S$23-25K quite similar to the MT01...You reckon????....

Well, i'm patient enough to wait for it but i do hope that the price won't be that high coz the midnightstar 1900cc was only going at S$25K before the coe and insurance...I can roughly guess that it may be going at S$23-25K quite similar to the MT01...You reckon????....

Yamaha has not change the looks of the Vmax since 1985, it has stayed the same way since with only color changes. That must be one of the longest running japanese model..24 years in all. Vmax has a big following in USA so much so that lot of aftermarkets and accessories company sole business are on Vmax.

We can only hope that Yamaha will not capitalised on the fact that the whole world have been patiently waiting for the birth of a new max since and jack up the price for the would-be new owners to pay. But based on the estimate price released on this bike, it gonna cost around SG$35 to SG$40K

In sg, we have a small but faithful followers of Vmax. The last few years has been a pretty quiet one for us but i think things gonna change with the new vmax lauching soon.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maxxmadness/vmax2009.jpg

In the mean time, while the world waits for the Vmax arrival, i go take delivery and enjoy my new acquired toy..(see my signature) :D

wanna ride with madness?

this would make one god damn sick streetfighter man.....

You're right.

a very sick one indeed. so sick it doesnt even look look a streetfighter at all.

hahah

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

Yamaha has not change the looks of the Vmax since 1985, it has stayed the same way since with only color changes. That must be one of the longest running japanese model..24 years in all. Vmax has a big following in USA so much so that lot of aftermarkets and accessories company sole business are on Vmax.

We can only hope that Yamaha will not capitalised on the fact that the whole world have been patiently waiting for the birth of a new max since and jack up the price for the would-be new owners to pay. But based on the estimate price released on this bike, it gonna cost around SG$35 to SG$40K

In sg, we have a small but faithful followers of Vmax. The last few years has been a pretty quiet one for us but i think things gonna change with the new vmax lauching soon.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maxxmadness/vmax2009.jpg

In the mean time, while the world waits for the Vmax arrival, i go take delivery and enjoy my new acquired toy..(see my signature) :D

I'm not a V-Max follower but i've always fancy the bike and with this new rebirth and outrageous outlook and performance, i'm totally game to have a second bike...While the costs might deter me from getting it, i'll wait and see what's the final pricing will be like from Hong Leong and if it's reasonable enough for me to get a second bike, this would be the one...

I can safely say, that the small following here will change once this new mean machine lands on our soil but it's still depend a lot on the pricing i guess...

Wah so long didn't visit here so much hoo haa about the new Max....almost 200 horses stock huh?? Siao ah?? Imagine 'touch up' here & there un-legalise it how many more horses leh.. CAN YOUR ARMS HOLD THE POWER??? Looks fun leh...

You getting one also?

welcome back, dont you miss the vboost of the vmax? dont you miss all the vmax that you ever owned? 4 in all?

wanna ride with madness?

Miss it? I've been dreaming of it!! Almost bought back my ex-max though... Not sure if the new Max can give the same kind of feeling huh.... Wad do you think?

What have you been up to lately? Not seen you in awhile..

that what all the ex and present vmax riders fear, whether the new max can have the same "kick" factor of the old max.?

More power that for sure but will it gives wild uncontrolled power like the old max does remained to be tested.

wanna ride with madness?