SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] YAMAHA Rx, Rx-S & Rx-K

oneamong_thefence

Hey guys, I'm sure you all heard about the massive jam earlier today and the rider who died pinned under a truck. Rip.

Just curious, cos I've only got about 1year riding experience. What are the leading causes of bike accidents and how can i continue staying alive on the roads? A little scared to ride after hearing news like this sia.

1st and foremost..... beware of taxis, pick ups and black cars....

they tend to be the kings of the road..... something like,.... "i can drive wherever and however i like".

2nd, always give way, whether youre in the right or in the wrong.... cos either way .... its not worth it. 2 wheelers versus 4 wheelers.... both ways , 2 wheelers hurt the most.

3rd, always have good sense of judgement,... as in anticipation of vehicles changing lanes..... things like this. I've seen people who have road experience of more than 5 years but still have shitty judgement. So train your spider sense....

lastly... Be confident in riding..... dont ever ever be fickle minded in doing things on the road.... dat my fren is the main cause of accidents... Example... last minute change lane or exits....... seen it many times..... until i dont want to see already...

Last advise,.... you may be a safe rider..... but sometimes others are not.....

im not saying im perfect,....i too have many shares of falls and broken bones but through these,.... you learn how to judge, react and overcome.....hope this helps...

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r118/z0obay/Vandamme.gif

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they tend to be the kings of the road..... something like,.... "i can drive wherever and however i like".

2nd, always give way, whether youre in the right or in the wrong.... cos either way .... its not worth it. 2 wheelers versus 4 wheelers.... both ways , 2 wheelers hurt the most.

3rd, always have good sense of judgement,... as in anticipation of vehicles changing lanes..... things like this. I've seen people who have road experience of more than 5 years but still have shitty judgement. So train your spider sense....

lastly... Be confident in riding..... dont ever ever be fickle minded in doing things on the road.... dat my fren is the main cause of accidents... Example... last minute change lane or exits....... seen it many times..... until i dont want to see already...

im not saying im perfect,....i too have many shares of falls and broken bones but through these,.... you learn how to judge, react and overcome.....hope this helps...

sabrove :thumb: likes this post.

Zubir i miss u lah :cry:, come down for meet up lah, or mini meet ups.

Bros rx- king. Im planning or confirm getting rxk. But anyone selling vintage looks bike? If not where to mod?spray?accessories? So total how much? Used to ride scram then fall in love with rxk. Haha if got many info do email me at farid_1607@hotmail. Thx

Hi bro,

u try looking thru the garage sale at SBF. Might have some pple selling off their K but cannot confirm its a vintage look. We might have a spray session I think end of this month, so why dont u come down take a look and can have ideas on how to mod ur K. Can see2, look2, talk2. Accessories wise we all buy at United at Rowel Road. Along that road also got few shops selling ori RXK items. Can just ask ard, the pple there all super frenly.

Combining Yamaha's bulletproof reliability and the exciting sound, smell and performance of a two-stroke engine, the RX-135 is truly a legend in its own right.

Hi bro,

u try looking thru the garage sale at SBF. Might have some pple selling off their K but cannot confirm its a vintage look. We might have a spray session I think end of this month, so why dont u come down take a look and can have ideas on how to mod ur K. Can see2, look2, talk2. Accessories wise we all buy at United at Rowel Road. Along that road also got few shops selling ori RXK items. Can just ask ard, the pple there all super frenly.

been bz wif work ah bro.....

coming chinese new year.

will try my best to see when im free ah k......

wa thanks for the tips. I actually do encounter alot of those scenarios like you described.

anyway, I've been looking at my finances and looks like I'll have to sell my CG. Can't afford to renew COE plus insurance this June. It was nice meeting you guys! Maybe can have another meetup before June.

wa thanks for the tips. I actually do encounter alot of those scenarios like you described.

anyway, I've been looking at my finances and looks like I'll have to sell my CG. Can't afford to renew COE plus insurance this June. It was nice meeting you guys! Maybe can have another meetup before June.

Before u sell or scrap yr CG, can i have some of the parts from yr CG; its for my brother actually.

2011 - 2011 : Honda Steed VLX

2001 - present : Yamaha RX-135

2006 - Present : Honda Cub C70D

2008 - 2011 : Yamaha TW

Hi bro,

ok thx bro.. im getting a rxk at shop blue colour, 1.1k coe ending 2013 or 2014 worthit?

ok thx bro.. im getting a rxk at shop blue colour, 1.1k coe ending 2013 or 2014 worthit?

hmm kindda ex leh bro i think. Whch shop, if i may know?

by the way spraying session where? imprtantly how much? lol thx

How much, cheap cheap je bro. If u want to come down see2 look2, FOC. Maybe treat us refreshment. ha ha ha

if u want to join to spray ur bike then u have to buy ur own spray cans lah, newspaper lah, etc etc.

cheap2 bro...

Combining Yamaha's bulletproof reliability and the exciting sound, smell and performance of a two-stroke engine, the RX-135 is truly a legend in its own right.

hmm kindda ex leh bro i think. Whch shop, if i may know?

How much, cheap cheap je bro. If u want to come down see2 look2, FOC. Maybe treat us refreshment. ha ha ha

if u want to join to spray ur bike then u have to buy ur own spray cans lah, newspaper lah, etc etc.

cheap2 bro...

serious ah.. you all spray yourself? and those design you guys DIY?OMFG im so impressed.. i suck at art and those design stuff that y i cant do DIY.. haha.. sure can buy you refreshment, packet drink...haha..

the bike shop i dont know where but my bro knows it.. so your advice is it better to buy those normal rxk and mod it? cause got a lot rxk selling online. but looks of the rxk at shop is pretty decent blue paint job. if at online it does normal black type.

i really need your advice before i make a mistake of buying rxk.

my sis also say rxk old bike, sure got many prob. is not correct right?

serious ah.. you all spray yourself? and those design you guys DIY?OMFG im so impressed.. i suck at art and those design stuff that y i cant do DIY.. haha.. sure can buy you refreshment, packet drink...haha..

the bike shop i dont know where but my bro knows it.. so your advice is it better to buy those normal rxk and mod it? cause got a lot rxk selling online. but looks of the rxk at shop is pretty decent blue paint job. if at online it does normal black type.

yah they are all good at spraying..... learn alot from them

Not worth it.. Rxk the first few hurdles as bear said will be a tough one.. After that it should keep running for a long long time..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/herantakheran/53963733.gif

Design wise u can browse thru internet. get ideas then just tell us wat u want to do then we can help you. No worries bro. I think better buy online. U'll have the satisfaction of doing it up rather than u buy the K already mod. But its up to individuals. :p

yah they are all good at spraying..... learn alot from them

I learnt from the best, like Bear and zubir..

Not worth it.. Rxk the first few hurdles as bear said will be a tough one.. After that it should keep running for a long long time..

Yeah true, the first few months will have few problems due to wear and tear. That's what turn off most pple who owned a K. We have few pple buying K, then in a matter of weeks selling it off and buying another bike. Bcoz they have no patient and cannot tahan the hassle of this old dame.

Most of us here, when buying the K face a few problems but once everything settle, as good as new, It'll be a smooth ride. So far, the only Major problem my K had was i think 4 years back. Piston jammed and overhauled. Now no problem bro, other than change of bulbs, tires change, the normal thing. You should hear out the problems faced by one of our bros, chillax. That's preseverance. The thick and think he went thru with his K. That pure love for his K;)

I think ah bro got pros and cons if buying from bike shop. One thing they would have change most of the wear and tear parts (i hope). Engine wise would be better. If buy from pple then have to be extra vigilant. Hear out the engine (MOST IMPORTANT), coz other part quiet cheap to replace.

Design wise u can browse thru internet. get ideas then just tell us wat u want to do then we can help you. No worries bro. I think better buy online. U'll have the satisfaction of doing it up rather than u buy the K already mod. But its up to individuals. :p

I learnt from the best, like Bear and zubir..

Yeah true, the first few months will have few problems due to wear and tear. That's what turn off most pple who owned a K. We have few pple buying K, then in a matter of weeks selling it off and buying another bike. Bcoz they have no patient and cannot tahan the hassle of this old dame.

Most of us here, when buying the K face a few problems but once everything settle, as good as new, It'll be a smooth ride. So far, the only Major problem my K had was i think 4 years back. Piston jammed and overhauled. Now no problem bro, other than change of bulbs, tires change, the normal thing. You should hear out the problems faced by one of our bros, chillax. That's preseverance. The thick and think he went thru with his K. That pure love for his K;)

I think ah bro got pros and cons if buying from bike shop. One thing they would have change most of the wear and tear parts (i hope). Engine wise would be better. If buy from pple then have to be extra vigilant. Hear out the engine (MOST IMPORTANT), coz other part quiet cheap to replace.

can one of the pros follow me buy the bike and take a look at the condition? if you guys got the time. ;)

can one of the pros follow me buy the bike and take a look at the condition? if you guys got the time. ;)

How much is yr budget? I will try to ask my mechanic for find for u. Sure cheap-cheap one. When u want the bike?

2011 - 2011 : Honda Steed VLX

2001 - present : Yamaha RX-135

2006 - Present : Honda Cub C70D

2008 - 2011 : Yamaha TW

Planning to get myself an RX-k end of this month and gonna mod it after. I'll ask anything if i don't know anything about it aye? Yu guys don't mind teaching newbies right?

sure man ask bear or sabrove anything, also since u reside in the west, they'll be very happy to help you out... the rx-kaki circle is growing slowly but surely, naise! :cheeky:

How much is yr budget? I will try to ask my mechanic for find for u. Sure cheap-cheap one. When u want the bike?

my budget is abt 900.. now i have found a bike $900 coe 2013.. worth it? found it in the forum of SR. i want it asap if possible.. thank you very much. got any pros stay ard sengkang area or not? hehe

Saw a grey RXK few days back. Was rushing so didnt really give any greetings. Nice bike there.

I was so occupied with school work that I forgot about 2T( just concerned over my petrol). When I realised, I was stuck somewhere on the road. Then after a short while, it managed to move. Piston cool off and contract and thus able to move? Lucky I was near my dad's work place. Went there and my dad straight away pointed out my 2T was emptied. Weeks later piston jammed. I guessed either my 2T ran out for quite a while or due to the age of the bike (finally time to change piston).

This is just a reminder to the new guys and old birds. Pls ensure u have enough 2T!

2014-2014: Vespa PX200E

2011-present: Honda TA200

2007-2011: Yamaha RXK135

Planning to get myself an RX-k end of this month and gonna mod it after. I'll ask anything if i don't know anything about it aye? Yu guys don't mind teaching newbies right?

Sure bro, no worries. We glad to help, we wont bite but Bear might.. ha ha ha

sure man ask bear or sabrove anything, also since u reside in the west, they'll be very happy to help you out... the rx-kaki circle is growing slowly but surely, naise! :cheeky:

Ask Syafiq aka summerdive also can.

my budget is abt 900.. now i have found a bike $900 coe 2013.. worth it? found it in the forum of SR. i want it asap if possible.. thank you very much. got any pros stay ard sengkang area or not? hehe

Syafiq aka summerdive can help. =)

He lives nearby there..

Saw a grey RXK few days back. Was rushing so didnt really give any greetings. Nice bike there.

I was so occupied with school work that I forgot about 2T( just concerned over my petrol). When I realised, I was stuck somewhere on the road. Then after a short while, it managed to move. Piston cool off and contract and thus able to move? Lucky I was near my dad's work place. Went there and my dad straight away pointed out my 2T was emptied. Weeks later piston jammed. I guessed either my 2T ran out for quite a while or due to the age of the bike (finally time to change piston).

This is just a reminder to the new guys and old birds. Pls ensure u have enough 2T!

Bro I think last Monday saw ur bike stranded at the Jurong, PIE going to Tuas there is it? Is that you? Just saw ur bike only though.

Hey Kevin,

Please let me know if you are scrapping the bike. There r some parts I might be interested to change on my CG.

-front forks, with disc brakes and wheelset

-new tank

-spare seat

-spare tyres?

basically stuff on you bike can fit on my bike la.

Sad though... 1 less CG rider with the Kakis.

I still think u every mth save abit can accumulate enough to pay COE la. That's what I'm doing. Done so much to the bike already, cannot just kill the bulletproof horse like that mah...

Anyways, if u gettin rid of CG stuff, please think of me k?:)

U stay in Katong right? We can meet to drink some Kopi-O.

Sufyan gave me a cafe bar, thought I fix it up at a mechanic (Joon Seng) at Sungei Kadut area. Just wana go pay a visit. Highly recommended by the Kakis.

For that matter, any Kakis free on Thursdays can let me know early for mini meet up;) Go mechanic, recce for rides or anything. My hp no. is 92729259.

I agree. The first few months of owning a K, there might be a few problems. This is an opportunity for u to learn about the bike. Be patient and don't give up. Ask around, repair and adapt to the condition of the bike. I've encountered people asking me to scrap my bike. Even some mechanics shake their head, telling me to scrap as there's no point repairing the bike. However, if u believe that the bike can still work, then give her some last chances before u decide to sell off or scrap. Give it a try. Don't get mad if it is giving u some problems. Just take it as a test from God. :)

In my opinion, when purchasing a bike, the most impt thing is to check the engine and the frame. The frame is like a human backbone. Make sure that the alignment is right. There should not be any sign of welding on places where it shouldn’t be. If there is, there is a possibility that the bike has previously met in an accident.

900 is still too steep in my opinion.. Yeah you can ask me anything I'll try to help.. :) i love helping people, will do my best to try and help, i just came back from helping sufyan aka chillax fix his exhaust pipe.

Edited by summerdive

its funny how the same thing happened to me late last year, I was riding(also along pie) when suddenly there was a mini piston jam feeling,and my bike just freewheeled ..as you mentioned earlier in the former I too was more concerned about having enough petrol for the journey.. Luckily for me I was able to start my bike and get to the nearest petrol station to get a bottle of 2t.. Never neglect your 2t , it might be a costly mistake if you overlook it..

Edited by summerdive