SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Technical - Coolant & Radiators

eddie23

Coolant Comparisan  

353 members have voted

1. 1. Coolant Comparisan

Hey guys, my radiator is haveing problems as well.

1) i think the bike is pretty hot, i'm not sure how hot is hot though. But the Temp light only lights up if i ride in heavy traffic in the middle of the day. or when there is a very bad jam.

2) i have top up the reserve reservoir a couple of times. everytime i ride, i can feel the coolent in the reserve boiling. took out the fairing to check and yes its boiling. the reserve runs empty after a few days. One of the worst was i top up then went to Jb, come back empty.

3) when the reserve is top up to the upper level, it will overflow via the pipe on the top of the reserve reservior.

4) my fan is using a manual switch. sometime, when i turn on the fan, there is a weird scratching/ screeching sound which i'm pretty sure it's from the fan but im not sure why.

Can anyone advise?

Many many thanks!!

u already got ur answer..number 6

get ur fan fix up..because ur fan nvr kick in to cool down the coolant tus heating up ur coolant to the level of boling and evaporating them

~Slow rider~

TA200 (2009-2013)

CB400 Ver.S (2013 - current)

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, my radiator is haveing problems as well.

1) i think the bike is pretty hot, i'm not sure how hot is hot though. But the Temp light only lights up if i ride in heavy traffic in the middle of the day. or when there is a very bad jam.

2) i have top up the reserve reservoir a couple of times. everytime i ride, i can feel the coolent in the reserve boiling. took out the fairing to check and yes its boiling. the reserve runs empty after a few days. One of the worst was i top up then went to Jb, come back empty.

3) when the reserve is top up to the upper level, it will overflow via the pipe on the top of the reserve reservior.

4) my fan is using a manual switch. sometime, when i turn on the fan, there is a weird scratching/ screeching sound which i'm pretty sure it's from the fan but im not sure why.

Can anyone advise?

Many many thanks!!

get ur fan fix up..because ur fan nvr kick in to cool down the coolant tus heating up ur coolant to the level of boling and evaporating them

~Slow rider~

TA200 (2009-2013)

CB400 Ver.S (2013 - current)

Hi wahwah,

The sound from the fan is total random. however, since its manaul, i usually turn it on even before i start riding. Other then the sound it makes sometimes, which stops in less then 1min after the fan is turned on. i think the fan is working fine. could there be any other cause for the prob?

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii273/th2om8as7/DSC01676l.jpg

By riding, we already save alot of time. Dun try to save more time by endangering our life....

Hi wahwah,

The sound from the fan is total random. however, since its manaul, i usually turn it on even before i start riding. Other then the sound it makes sometimes, which stops in less then 1min after the fan is turned on. i think the fan is working fine. could there be any other cause for the prob?

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii273/th2om8as7/DSC01676l.jpg

By riding, we already save alot of time. Dun try to save more time by endangering our life....

Hi wahwah,

Pm me..

I can help u to look I to look into it if u coming west area

Hi all, i got a problem. My super 4 spec 3 temp indicator will light up momentarily after a 15 mins ride. It will light up when i throttle up slightly and go off.. i have checked already. my fan is working and there is no leaking at all and my coolant reservior still got liquid.

Is it the thermostat spoilt or pump ? Any advice ?

Cheers ~

Hi all, i got a problem. My super 4 spec 3 temp indicator will light up momentarily after a 15 mins ride. It will light up when i throttle up slightly and go off.. i have checked already. my fan is working and there is no leaking at all and my coolant reservior still got liquid.

Cheers ~

Cheers ~

Bro andrew0511454 ,

I reckon its the thermostat problem, since

1) engine won't be very very hot for a 15 minutes ride for the temp light to activate.

2) fan working

3) no coolant leakage

4) cool levels are nominal

just my $0.02 :angel:

Goodee hor hot goodee... Mat witz sebastian! :p

Cheers ~

Take out thermostat. It should solve your problem.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/ki113r/Mobile%20Uploads/20150407_203245_zpsvojubra6.jpg

2004 - 2005 FR1284A ~ NSR150SP (FILA Paintwork)

2012 - 2013 FS7810L ~ NSR150SP (Pure White)

2013 - 2015 FBE9955K ~ Spec 3 (Pearl White)

2015 - ???? Quit riding

If take out the thermostat, then what will trigger the extractor to activate when the coolant temp hits the threshold? ~95deg, if I'm not wrong...

Cheers! :angel:

I had the same thoughts with u at 1st. From what I heard from lao jiao riders, it does not affect.

I also had the same problem few months ago, temp light keep blinking after a while. Lao jiao rider advised me to remove thermostat but refused to remove it, so i chose to change coolant hose, flush coolant, check radiator pump but the problem wont go away. In the end remove thermostat & try.

Eh? No more problem. Lol.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/ki113r/Mobile%20Uploads/20150407_203245_zpsvojubra6.jpg

2015 - ???? Quit riding

I had the same thoughts with u at 1st. From what I heard from lao jiao riders, it does not affect.

I also had the same problem few months ago, temp light keep blinking after a while. Lao jiao rider advised me to remove thermostat but refused to remove it, so i chose to change coolant hose, flush coolant, check radiator pump but the problem wont go away. In the end remove thermostat & try.

Eh? No more problem. Lol.

hmm.... I'm sure the radiator will work fine w/o the extractor, however, the extractor will totally deactivated, right?

unless...

1) you've installed a manual on/off switch for the extractor

2) you've short ciruited your extractor to be always "on" - which will shorten the lifespan of that component

cheers! :angel:

hmm.... I'm sure the radiator will work fine w/o the extractor, however, the extractor will totally deactivated, right?

unless...

1) you've installed a manual on/off switch for the extractor

2) you've short ciruited your extractor to be always "on" - which will shorten the lifespan of that component

Ya correct.

If thermostat is stuck partially or completely open, you will have the same symptoms as an incorrect thermostat. Unfortunately, a thermostat that is stuck only slightly open will cause double trouble. It will make the engine take much longer to warm up, but may not allow enough coolant to flow at high speed to keep the engine cool and might cause an overheating condition.

By choosing to remove it, I assume the coolant will keep flowing so it will run cooler?

2015 - ???? Quit riding

Ya correct.

If thermostat is stuck partially or completely open, you will have the same symptoms as an incorrect thermostat. Unfortunately, a thermostat that is stuck only slightly open will cause double trouble. It will make the engine take much longer to warm up, but may not allow enough coolant to flow at high speed to keep the engine cool and might cause an overheating condition.

By choosing to remove it, I assume the coolant will keep flowing so it will run cooler?

Yes, if you are running on the highway 100%.

If you are in street riding with lots of start/stop + jams. I reckon thats a boilling kettle waiting to happen, since that's what the extractor is for?

I don't recall the extractor activating whilst I was on the NSHW - or maybe i soo blur i didn't realise? :cheeky:...

Thank u all for the kind comments! But whats the extractor ? Sorry not very pro .

Gong xi fa cai !

Hi,

the extractor is the "fan" mounted on your radiator.

since its "extracts" air onto the radiator.

not pro? no issue la. we all here to share and learn.

I also not pro, only share what i know.

Gong xi fa cai !

New rider here. riding spec 1. Got a problem with my bike

1) my temperature after riding always high. No need indicator. Can actually feel the heat at my leg. No leaking of coolant

2) about the fan thing. If manual where n how to on it?

Thx alot

Bro VAN THOR,

1) what version are you riding? if revo, there are forummers here that complain that it is very hot

2) please note that there is no manual switch :sweat:

New rider here. riding spec 1. Got a problem with my bike

1) my temperature after riding always high. No need indicator. Can actually feel the heat at my leg. No leaking of coolant

2) about the fan thing. If manual where n how to on it?

Thx alot

Bro VAN THOR,

1) what version are you riding? if revo, there are forummers here that complain that it is very hot

2) please note that there is no manual switch :sweat: