SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Technical - Coolant & Radiators

eddie23

Coolant Comparisan  

353 members have voted

1. 1. Coolant Comparisan

Hi guys,

Lately, my spec 3 keep dripping coolant off from the side of my radiator hose from WestRider's picture illustrated at point B. It's an intermittent issue only happens when I stop at traffic light but when engine is off, the drip will not occur.

I brought my bike to some moto diam and told them I wanted to change the hose but I think the mechs reluctant to do it so they quote me $180 for replacement of 7 hoses and coolant but price may go up to $600+ if they find my ballast and some other stuff requires replacement. Please advice thanks.

Hi, last week I went i had finally had this problem resolved by teamhkl was by coincident as I needed some urgent front brake pad and tyre replacement so at the same time had them to help with my coolant issue and quote me just $40(the radiator hose where leaked occurred)+$10(coolant) which is alright rather than changing the whole set for some $180 + other charges from "unforeseen" problem during the repair.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, last week I went i had finally had this problem resolved by teamhkl was by coincident as I needed some urgent front brake pad and tyre replacement so at the same time had them to help with my coolant issue and quote me just $40(the radiator hose where leaked occurred)+$10(coolant) which is alright rather than changing the whole set for some $180 + other charges from "unforeseen" problem during the repair.

What was the problem? Care to share?

• 2 weeks later...

Just changed 7 stock hoses, thermostat, pump, 4 metal connecting pipes, flushed radiator and topup with engine ice.

but mech said they ran out of stock for one long rubber hose.. is it really necessary to change that as i need to do the whole works again to take aapart bike, flush radiator and stuff.

reason for such a painful and major replacement was because i did a flush one month ago and the coolant inside turned brown within a month. the old thermostat and pump was so rusted mech had problem taking it apart to show me..

i have a issue over here regratting abt my super4 revo , i change my coolant at malaysia and they help me flush my coolant and top up the coolant without warm up bike .

then next 2 day my bike the idling sometime become high sometime become low . who know what actually happen .

becos i heard from ppl is that when top up coolant by right u must start up ur bike and slowly top up abit by abit

Hey gents! My radiator fan is not functioning. Is it adviseable to change the whole radiator set? Or can change fan only? Or maybe fix the wiring only?

please advise

Hey gents! My radiator fan is not functioning. Is it adviseable to change the whole radiator set? Or can change fan only? Or maybe fix the wiring only?

please advise

If fan not working, just change fan

Y must change radiator ?

Too rich uh

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am a new spec3 owners, and I feel that the cooling system is not working as it should, came across this checklist from Ah Pek, need some advise,

1. how do you test the water pump if working?

2. how to test the thermostat?

3. where is the radiator fan switch?

Thanks in advance

1) Coolant circulation failed (Coolant pump koyak!)

2) Same as above (Thermostat koyak)

3) If all above okay (radiator clogged with rust)

4) If above all ok (Radiator fan switch koyak!)

5) Anyway of the above...pocket koyak!

different brand is ok as long as u nv mix it wif tap water... most coolant are ready use don require mixing... mix wif distilled water if required

Do not mix collant of different brand unless you are aware of the content in the coolant. i cant recall the details but basically its due to different chemical used in diff brand and diff chemical may react with each other

most coolants are not design to bring down the temp. it only works as anti rust & anti freeze. In tropical country in Singapore, we need the coolant inly for its anti rust capability.

Pure racing engines use 100% water (de-ionized) for max cooling efficiency.

in a tropical country like Singapore. a 30% coolant + 70% distilled water is recomended to bring down the temp more effectively. thats why i do not use premix simply because i do not know the mixture %.

a icy name as a coolant does not mean it is a effective liquid in brining your machine temp down.

same colours don't mean the same composition! some are silicate free, some as phosphor free, put the wrong thing in and you will stuff up your system.

When the water level at the coolant reservoir reduce, Only water was evaporate by the heat, not the coolant. that is why, only add in distilled water. not coolant.

Flushing of collant is recomended during each change especially diff coolant is use.

Mix coolant with DISTILLED water only. tap water is treated with chlorine, which is corrosive, and should be avoided.

i bought a 1.5 liter concentrate voltronic coolant and uses only 300ml and mix with distilled water.

anybody need can PM me i stay bedok res kaki bukit side.

most coolants are not design to bring down the temp. it only works as anti rust & anti freeze. In tropical country in Singapore, we need the coolant inly for its anti rust capability.

in a tropical country like Singapore. a 30% coolant + 70% distilled water is recomended to bring down the temp more effectively. thats why i do not use premix simply because i do not know the mixture %.

a icy name as a coolant does not mean it is a effective liquid in brining your machine temp down.

same colours don't mean the same composition! some are silicate free, some as phosphor free, put the wrong thing in and you will stuff up your system.

When the water level at the coolant reservoir reduce, Only water was evaporate by the heat, not the coolant. that is why, only add in distilled water. not coolant.

Flushing of collant is recomended during each change especially diff coolant is use.

Mix coolant with DISTILLED water only. tap water is treated with chlorine, which is corrosive, and should be avoided.

i bought a 1.5 liter concentrate voltronic coolant and uses only 300ml and mix with distilled water.

Voltronic coolant is a good stuff

Yet to try on my bike..:cheeky:

Voltronic coolant is a good stuff

Yet to try on my bike..:cheeky:

find out where the leak is from and replace the parts accordingly? do it quick before problem escalates.

There's no leaking.

I haven done servicing since August 2012.

Lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Bro, check again.

There maybe "no leak", because dried up already?

Cos your coolant must go somewhere, right? Cannot just drop in volume... :pity:

Goodee hor hot goodee... Mat witz sebastian! :p

Bro, check again.

There maybe "no leak", because dried up already?

Cos your coolant must go somewhere, right? Cannot just drop in volume... :pity:

Dunno is it really dry up anot. My coolant nv service more than a yr already, my last servicing last aug nv include changing my coolant. Only eo and eo filter

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yamaha x1

Honda super 4 spec 1

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
hi guys.... need help... wat happens when coolant is mixed with engine oil?

If the mixtures gets too thin and bypass ur piston oil ring..expect hydraulic action to happen in ur piston chamber..cause of damage can be bend valves and bend con-rods..expensive $s repair!

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, im new to S4. Months back i had my water pump change as it was leaking and mech say faulty and b4 change i rode a few time e light temp turn on, and i had to stop to let it cool. After change, e mech did flush n put in new coolant. Now no temp light on. But correct me i im wrong, a spec 1 wen switch on, e temp n oil light will both on n will switch off when u start engine right? Cos wen i on my bike its just e oil light dat on, n i had never took notice of e lights till now. N less den 3 month e coolant resovour is dry.. Is this a prob? Whats my next step of action? Thank in advance guy..