SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

=== Sengkang ===

Gixxer-Babe

since u r comfortable wif ur bike although its juz an SP, DUN CHANGE dude! .. u mite regret after changing.

Y ppl change / upgrade?

1. Need for speed or power.

2. itchy backside, can't stay loyal to 1 bike for long.

3. see others change oso gian want to change.

4. interest wise. eg for trail, track, touring.

5. Tooo much money to spend. :lol:

well,my main purpose in changing is basically so i can finally follow my riding buddies up north on their roadtrip, as i dun trust my little sp to keep up with my fellow frens who goes touring.

i dun go touring mainly coz i ride a small bike,so have only been hearing all about their trips up north.

im not much of a tourer but the feeling of travelling miles and miles with my own bike exploring new places up north is something that i wanna do before i get old.

hence i thought of changing to a decent bike for touring like super 4 or maybe since i have class 2,

a 2nd hand fazer 600 which is my honest dream bike with side panniers is the machine i foresee

to get me through my touring dreams,

why 2nd hand? coz im not rich and i never really was into big bikes

call it silly but changing bike coz i wanna tour is my main reason though =/

Edited by queirtus
The pain of discipline is nothing like the pain of disappointment
:thumb:

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zamani

• danielsin2

• xjrredbull

• sTraZe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

actually, any bike can go touring, juz as long u do ur maintenance. But of coz, if u tour using a 2B bike, u can't ride fast, hence u will take longer.

also depends on ur touring kakis, if all r riding bike bikes, den u will b left alone lor, coz i dun tink they will wait for u. :cheeky:

if u really intend to tour esp to Thailand, in my opinion, the minimum u shld get is a 400cc bike, mayb Super4. Riding 120km/h on NSH is a normal pace, of coz at times u wud want to rev higher coz the long roads is calling u to ride faster! :lol:

u can consider FZ6 since u got class2. My Fazer has evidently served mi well, the furthest ever rode on a Fazer is at Maesai, Myanmar border.

and maintenance for 400cc & 600cc is almost the same ... ;)

For FZ6S1, on average 2nd hand is ard 6-8k, depending on condition.

FZ6S2, 2nd hand 9K & above. Since FZ6 no longer in production, replaced by XJ6 aka Diversion600.

Juz my 2 cents, of coz buy frm bike shop abit higher lah. :angel:

The Road less Travelled

http://multiply.com/mu/aaronazmi/image/1/photos/177/600x600/51/PIC-0105-1.JPG?et=EPg%2B7KSmSyqSCJnhbA%2C62w&nmid=309411908

its not silly but due to practicality.

I was happily riding a scoot, PiaggioX9 200cc for my daily transport until like ur case, been hearing soo much abt the fun of touring up North, decided to ride up to Thailand and upgraded instantly to an FJR1300!!! .... :sweat:

The Road less Travelled

http://multiply.com/mu/aaronazmi/image/1/photos/177/600x600/51/PIC-0105-1.JPG?et=EPg%2B7KSmSyqSCJnhbA%2C62w&nmid=309411908

don upgrade lor.... i've had my 2B for 3 years now.... i love its agility and mobility. And now with RON95 being able to be pumped in MY again.. i pump RM17 worth for 300km+ of mileage while other pump $27 sing for that same mileage...

so good..i got around same mileage as u and pump ron95 but total cost RM$27-RM$30

well,my main purpose in changing is basically so i can finally follow my riding buddies up north on their roadtrip, as i dun trust my little sp to keep up with my fellow frens who goes touring.

i dun go touring mainly coz i ride a small bike,so have only been hearing all about their trips up north.

im not much of a tourer but the feeling of travelling miles and miles with my own bike exploring new places up north is something that i wanna do before i get old.

hence i thought of changing to a decent bike for touring like super 4 or maybe since i have class 2,

a 2nd hand fazer 600 which is my honest dream bike with side panniers is the machine i foresee

to get me through my touring dreams,

why 2nd hand? coz im not rich and i never really was into big bikes

2b also can tour la, only not as comfortable as cl2:p

YAMAHA FZ1S ABS 2K12

so good..i got around same mileage as u and pump ron95 but total cost RM$27-RM$30

Hahaa... yeah lor.... good ah...

Tried and tested on NSHW already.... go slow at 70km/h... will reach eventually..... after a long......................long................long...............long ride. During that time a nice plush seat and Mp3 is your best friend

to get me through my touring dreams

if u really intend to tour esp to Thailand, in my opinion, the minimum u shld get is a 400cc bike, mayb Super4. Riding 120km/h on NSH is a normal pace, of coz at times u wud want to rev higher coz the long roads is calling u to ride faster! :lol:

IMO, S4 is good enough for some decent touring, parts available anywhere, tires definity cheaper due to smaller tires compared wif FAZER, FC better due to its a 400cc, gd resale value.

Cons is the top speed is around 180 km/h only, depends on u wan speed or u wanna enjoy the ride :)

i pumped almost RM50 for RON97 :(

2b bike specially 2 stroker vibration is not practical for touring, can tour but not as enjoyable as a 4 stroker.

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

Hahaa... yeah lor.... good ah...

Tried and tested on NSHW already.... go slow at 70km/h... will reach eventually..... after a long......................long................long...............long ride. During that time a nice plush seat and Mp3 is your best friend

didnt try 70..i always go 140 at nshw:p

IMO, S4 is good enough for some decent touring, parts available anywhere, tires definity cheaper due to smaller tires compared wif FAZER, FC better due to its a 400cc, gd resale value.

Cons is the top speed is around 180 km/h only, depends on u wan speed or u wanna enjoy the ride :)

i pumped almost RM50 for RON97 :(

2b bike specially 2 stroker vibration is not practical for touring, can tour but not as enjoyable as a 4 stroker.

try pump 95 la bro, got abit difference for my bike after i pump 3 tanks..weird part f/c seem to be getting around 23-25km/l

btw @queirtus, its not always bout the bike:) http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/295123-Trip-report-Wave-125-ride-to-Laos.?p=7159930#post7159930

YAMAHA FZ1S ABS 2K12

Rode my previous KSR to KUlai Nasi Lemak at 70km/h ... i feel like crying liao! All the big bikes zoom infront left mi alone at the back, eerie feeling coz at nite!!!

The Moderator has spoken! :lol: :lol:

try pump 95 la bro, got abit difference for my bike after i pump 3 tanks..weird part f/c seem to be getting around 23-25km/l

Soo good ar ur Fazer can get 25km/l. Mine the max 20km/l. Maybe i top heavy lor .... :lol: :lol:

I always pump ard 14 - 15L .... can get average 280 - 300km mileague.

The Road less Travelled

Rode my previous KSR to KUlai Nasi Lemak at 70km/h ... i feel like crying liao! All the big bikes zoom infront left mi alone at the back, eerie feeling coz at nite!!!

I went kulai, desaru, mersing, endau and recently malacca.... all on 2b... u want to cry i want to what liao already like that.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I went kulai, desaru, mersing, endau and recently malacca.... all on 2b... u want to cry i want to what liao already like that.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Evidently ur BUTT is more firm den mine! :lol: :lol:

The Road less Travelled

The pump attendant dun let me pump cos he dun understand english and dun even know how to read English & Malayu.

Caused me to waste another RM15 for RON97

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

The pump attendant dun let me pump cos he dun understand english and dun even know how to read English & Malayu.

Caused me to waste another RM15 for RON97

Mayb depends on ware u pump. I always pump during lunchtime at SHell Gelang Patah, no prob. But still i pump Ron97. With lunch + petrol + ciggy + toll still cheaper den I pump in SG. :D :D :D

The Road less Travelled

hmmm nice to hear the advices from you guys,btw can i ask if anyone of you are studying now?

i just joined the workforce recently having finished my slavery if you get what i mean =D

so i was researching on the studies i would like to do as im just a poly dip holder, so would like to pursue a degree

was wondering if anyone is studying now and can advice on how you guys decided on that course of study and how you guys are coping?

hmmm nice to hear the advices from you guys,btw can i ask if anyone of you are studying now?

i just joined the workforce recently having finished my slavery if you get what i mean =D

so i was researching on the studies i would like to do as im just a poly dip holder, so would like to pursue a degree

was wondering if anyone is studying now and can advice on how you guys decided on that course of study and how you guys are coping?

Hi bro, full time working, full time bf, part time study.

basically no life once u start study. Weekends burnt. Annual Leave basically used for exam period. I only apply 2 days of AL for myself. And that is Hari Raya. However if got long weekends, i take the opportunity to MC so i can jalan jalan ...hehe

im a dip in IT, but heck didnt get into those companies I wanted, and IT kindda redundant in most companies i would say, long story short, i just dont see myself in IT 20-30 years down the road....

But for my degree, im taking supply chain & logistics..basically its a supplement to my career.....been in logistics line ever since i ORD? and find that logistics is alright for me...in my line, dip can only bring u into the industry with an ok ok payscale..if u wanna get the comfortable pay and role, u have to have few years experience with degree paper qualification....

At the end of the day. Study + Work = Madness

definately go crazy at one point or another:p...but still can survive:)

YAMAHA FZ1S ABS 2K12

basically no life once u start study. Weekends burnt. Annual Leave basically used for exam period. I only apply 2 days of AL for myself. And that is Hari Raya. However if got long weekends, i take the opportunity to MC so i can jalan jalan ...hehe

im a dip in IT, but heck didnt get into those companies I wanted, and IT kindda redundant in most companies i would say, long story short, i just dont see myself in IT 20-30 years down the road....

But for my degree, im taking supply chain & logistics..basically its a supplement to my career.....been in logistics line ever since i ORD? and find that logistics is alright for me...in my line, dip can only bring u into the industry with an ok ok payscale..if u wanna get the comfortable pay and role, u have to have few years experience with degree paper qualification....

Yup... if got money got full time better.... but not everyone has this luxury.... miss your FAZER6 at the carpark leh..... hahha.

Yup... if got money got full time better.... but not everyone has this luxury.... miss your FAZER6 at the carpark leh..... hahha.

ya agree!...got money + full time better....no need worry bout work and getting to class late...this one ha, achievable if u can strike toto one time good one=p

alamak, u everytime stalk me in carpark issit until u know im not there?:p

now school holidays enjoying.....until monday when the exam results are out:help:

YAMAHA FZ1S ABS 2K12

ya agree!...got money + full time better....no need worry bout work and getting to class late...this one ha, achievable if u can strike toto one time good one=p

alamak, u everytime stalk me in carpark issit until u know im not there?:p

now school holidays enjoying.....until monday when the exam results are out:help:

thats good,hmm basically u guys might freak out if i tell u my occupation im just leaning towards business degree,lots of my friends are saying that.

truth in told i wanted to take an IT degree since im quite good in it but someone who haves an IT degree told me that having a IT degree is nothing as technology phases out over time.

so im leaning towards business or sociology, mind sharing a bit how ur schedule is like bro yatz?

thats good,hmm basically u guys might freak out if i tell u my occupation im just leaning towards business degree,lots of my friends are saying that.

truth in told i wanted to take an IT degree since im quite good in it but someone who haves an IT degree told me that having a IT degree is nothing as technology phases out over time.

so im leaning towards business or sociology, mind sharing a bit how ur schedule is like bro yatz?

IT degree ha...not recommended. especially part time IT degree. In today's company's its best to equip ureself with diploma and lots of relevant certification ...dont waste money on IT part time degree...

and if ure job is incline towards business, why not take a degree in business related fields? it is better for u since u have a foundation in IT and just need that business degree to get a shot into a more management position in future...

My typical schedule ha...

Monday: Class

Tuesday: Gym

Wedneday: Revise

Thursday: Class

Friday: 2nd link blast

Saturday: Park toh

Sunday: Park toh + revise..

and the cycle goes on and on and on till school holiday...oh ya if have projects to complete....can kiss goodbye the weekend and stay at home do....

YAMAHA FZ1S ABS 2K12