SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

TP camera

stantheman

Hi,

Jux wana ask that those hand helt cameras used bt TP are they accurate? have any of you guys kena snap by one of it b4? Do they have allowance like exceeds 20km/hr of the speedlimt den they fine you? :cheeky:

**only 1 img allowed in signature***

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2630/32/27/667979715/n667979715_1625216_481751.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can i also use this thread to ask, cos today i travelling like 90 ~ 95km/h on an 80km/h road at PIE towards Toa Payoh. So i also wondering the same thing. But i read the TP site, if more then >20km/h, for bikes we will get $130 fine and 4 DP.

~ Future Ride ~

CBR600rr :thumb:

~ Current Drive ~

Kia Cerato Forte SX 1.6 SJU

~ Previous Rides ~

1. Spark 135 FBA | 2. NSR 150 SP FS | 3. Yamaha x1 FY | 4. Honda s4 verS FP

Hi,

Jux wana ask that those hand helt cameras used bt TP are they accurate? have any of you guys kena snap by one of it b4? Do they have allowance like exceeds 20km/hr of the speedlimt den they fine you? :cheeky:

the speed trap gun is accurate. bt giving the allowance i not very sure.

Can i also use this thread to ask, cos today i travelling like 90 ~ 95km/h on an 80km/h road at PIE towards Toa Payoh. So i also wondering the same thing. But i read the TP site, if more then >20km/h, for bikes we will get $130 fine and 4 DP.

hey bro, dun worrry, ur bike speedometer is not accurate. i was like you last time. no need to worry. at 90-95kmh on spark is roughly...below 90 on actual speed

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/cheowseng/abc.jpg

about the traffic police handheld camera thingy, i was once shot, but i issued a warning and in the letter was told that i can be summoned $130 + 4 demerit points... so from this point i believe that they do give u chance by warning for 1st timers...So not to worry. Sometimes they also cannot capture propoerly as we tend to vibrate alot more on bike than car.(No summon was issued at all, only warning letter. If caught again then summon.)

My dream bikes...:thumb:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o183/new_surfer/At-Fjr-Concours.jpg

Hi,

they sent a letter to me stated that i was riding at 74km/h whereas the speed limit of the road was 60km/h.. i think the fine was $130 and 3/4 demerit pts.. :(

Was caught along the ECP by 2 TP bike cops with camera on side of road. Went after me as I passed and I pulled over. Showed me my speed on the road. Ask them to give chance, and they politely declined. Issued me with ticket with exact speed recorded. Don't play play. Cost me 8 points.

http://img24.exs.cx/img24/4926/1961_7_168x113.jpghttp://img24.exs.cx/img24/6209/158_3_168x112.jpghttp://img99.exs.cx/img99/6289/index_04.gifhttp://img31.exs.cx/img31/5149/122006304_T.jpg

"Thy fate is the common fate of all;

into each life some rain must fall" - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

• 2 weeks later...

actually, i was also "caught" in the same area, around last year march...

saw the policeman with the camera on the bridge...and i was travelling 110+ kmh.

but till now, nothing from TP...

so i guess they might not be able to catch or book multiple ppl at the same time, even though the camera is able to scan up to 8 targets.

actually, i was also "caught" in the same area, around last year march...

saw the policeman with the camera on the bridge...and i was travelling 110+ kmh.

but till now, nothing from TP...

so i guess they might not be able to catch or book multiple ppl at the same time, even though the camera is able to scan up to 8 targets.

Agreed, My 2nd one also no news from TP..... Maybe sometimes they use the camera to beo Cha Bo:cheeky:

**only 1 img allowed in signature***

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2630/32/27/667979715/n667979715_1625216_481751.jpg

• 3 months later...

hey guys,

i also kenna once on 19 nov 2006.....when i was P plate somemore... i was caught along woodlands ave 2, doing 98km/hr at a 60km/hr road. I was caught by tp on bridge....stupid me...never see...i kenna 8 dp and $170...heartache...tried appealing and stuffes...no use...in the end just paid....but onli aft 6 mnths after first letter though.....

But personally, i think that even if u speed, if ur vehicle doesn't seem to move fast or if u vehicle isnt that loud (unlike mine...=.='') i think u wont kenna.... more over the TP speed gun (not the expressway speed cameras, the mobile ones) captures ur vehicle onli when the tp clicks on the shutter...so still abit safe...cos last month...while i was traveling on pie towards stevens road...i was doing 110 on 80km road...never kenna anything.

But still, the baseline is .... trust me, its not worth the risk, after this hard lesson, i tend to go on speed limit whenever i near a bridge.

Ride safe, Be safe

Cheers,

Muhammad anwar

Regards,

Muhammad Anwar

more over the TP speed gun (not the expressway speed cameras, the mobile ones) captures ur vehicle onli when the tp clicks on the shutter...so still abit safe...cos last month...while i was traveling on pie towards stevens road...i was doing 110 on 80km road...never kenna anything.

But still, the baseline is .... trust me, its not worth the risk, after this hard lesson, i tend to go on speed limit whenever i near a bridge.

Ride safe, Be safe

Not true. I have seen them up close and the TP has explained their operations to me. The portable speed cameras are automatic. They do not need to be manually clicked to capture.

These mobile speed cameras use a combination of laser, digital camera and PDA. The laser automatically scans and records the speeds of the vehicles and can cover multiple lanes. The digital camera records the scenes continuously. So the film will have record of the the vehicles which exceed the speed limit. In fact, once the speed camera is turned on, the police man can actually stand aside as he does not need to do anything else.

If you find that you had encountered one of these portable speed cameras and you had been travelling above speed limit, but you did not receive any summon, it does not mean the cameras do not work. It could be the police "pang chang" or give you chance. If they are not so kind, the evidence are all there that you have exceeded speed limit and you can be fined.

Same to the traffic light stationary cameras. Some people think there are bluff ones as they don't seem to go off when someone beat the redlight. The truth is, they all work. Again, some allowance has been factored in to avoid unnecessarily penalising genuine cases where the drivers/riders are unable to brake in time. If they don't believe, they all work, you try blatantly ride through when the light has turned well after red :p

The Singapore TP equipment are hi-tech ones. The Subaru WRX has both forward and rearward looking speed cameras. The TP bikes are also armed with speed cameras (in case you think TP riders soley rely on their "eye balls" to determine if you speeding or not).

All this by TP is to regulate the general motoring speed to protect your safety and to protect other people's safety. Contrary to what people think, it is not to "meet quota". If they want to, we will surely receive many more summons :)

29 Mar:

2009 Yamaha FZ1 Fazer Owner's Review

loudexhaust.blogspot.com

www.RiderAsia.com Safety site for motorcycle riders

• 4 weeks later...

whoa endless...u sound lke a tp officer....haha! anyway...i thought they stopped the action where officers would hide on overhead bridges? cos last time alot of ppl complain say they feel insecure when driving....anyway..i'm quite a speed freak..i guess i've been quite lucky i nv kena anything for 10mths liao since my 2b...haha...i jus wana ask...now i got 12 points rite....so when i get my 2A licence...i still onli hav 12 or i would hav 24?

ND

Please take note of the new pricing from Traffic Police & the map of the Traffic Police where they usually hide their Mobile Speed Camera for your reference.

NEW Price List from TP...

Price increase without further notice.

Speeding:

Exceeding 1 - 20km/h = $130 + 4 demerit points.

Exceeding 21 - 30km/h = $150 + 6 demerit points.

Exceeding 31 - 40km/h = $180 + 8 demerit points.

Exceeding 41 - 50km/h = >$200 + 12 demerit points + Court.

Exceeding 51 - 60km/h = >$200 + 18 demerit points + Court.

Exceeding >61km/h = >$200 + 24 demerit points + Court. If you want to be hero and fight the court case yourself, and you lose, you pay the court charges yourself, which will add up to your fine. I guess the court charges is at least $200 and above.

Careless driving = $150 + 6 demerit Points.

Inconsiderate Driving = $170 + 9 Demerit Points + Court.

Dangerous Driving = >$200 + 24 Demerit Points + Court + Vehicle Compounded.

Illegal Racing = >$200 + Vehicle Confiscate + Court.

Fail to put Seat Belt = $120 + 3 demerit points.

Crossing Double White lines = $130 + 4 points.

Phone and Drive = $200 + 12 demerit point + Phone Confiscate. Do not hold your hp in your hand when you drive even with loud speaker or ear piece.

Drink Driving

For first offence. = Up to $5000 Fine And, or jail Term + License Suspended + Court.

2nd time offence = Jail term + Fine + Court.

Making an illegal U Turn when there ' s no U Turn sign = $70.

Fail to Signal when changing lan es = $70.

Driving at night without headlights or taillights switch on after 7pm = $30.

No Number Plate = $70.

Obstructed Number Plate = $70.

Obscured Number Plate = $70.

Number Plate Of Unapproved Type = $70.

As for Demerit Point system:

Let ' s say you have 0 points on 1st January 2005, and you committed the offence of Failing to Put on Seat Belt. So now, you will have 3 demerit points and this will last for 1 Year. If during this 1 year you have no demerit points offence at all, your 3 deme rit points will be gone on 1/1/2006. But, if during this one year, From 1/1/2005 - 1/1/2006, you committed another offence with demerit points, your very first offence will be extended for another year until 1/1/2007 .

http://vne-resource.iol.co.za/30/picdb/article2/4/4/38504

My Current Ride!!!!:cheeky:

whoa endless...u sound lke a tp officer....

:cheeky:

I not TP lah. I am just a biker like all of you. And I love to bike. So I want to bike as long as I can, which means I need to stay alive and keep my license :) BTW, I am not a slow rider. Neither am I reckless.

I also kena 6 demerits point before and I saw the flashing red and blue light coming after me.:cheeky: At that time, I was very du lang with that TP officer. Of course, now I would still be if they touch my points or $ again. :)

Just that my love for biking brings me to sharing on motorcycling safety which then leads to TP wants to work with me and my other safety junkies.

It is then that I was exposed to seeing all these--biking, speeding, accidents, car vs bike, from a more detached perspective instead of me being inside. That is when I realised that the spirit behind can be correct--eg: Har?! Driver or ride at night without turning on headlight?! Danger to driver/rider himself and also to others.

Another eg: How can there be no speed limit on the road? This means a Evo or Ferrarri can drive down PIE at 300kmh? What if you happen to be in their path?

And what if I were to put a speed limit. I put speed limit 90 and people already are doing 120. If I put speed limit 120, then what would people be doing?

And speed limit applies to all. Class 3, Class 2, Class2A and Class2B. P-Plate just passed also. It means a rider straight out from passing is entitled to do that kind of speed. Is it safe for him/her?

Etc etc.

I am not defending TP. Why should I? I am really protecting us riders all.

That sometimes, there are some good reasons we should not do this should not do that. But we forget. And when we kena from TP, in our moment of rage and fury, our emotion is engulfed in anger and we still did not learn our lesson and see the foolishness from our own actions.

Stay alive. Ride long.:thumb:

29 Mar:

2009 Yamaha FZ1 Fazer Owner's Review

loudexhaust.blogspot.com

www.RiderAsia.com Safety site for motorcycle riders

• 1 month later...

If u get summoned, why not think this way that U still live till today??? No one can predict what is going to happen next.

Class 3 28/02/2003 (CDC)

Class 2B 21/05/2008 (BBDC)

Class 2A 18/08/2009 (BBDC)

Yamaha RXZ 135 FS xxxx D since 04/06/2008 till 12/06/2010

Honda Vtec 1 FS xxxx K since 29/12/2009

i ever kena tp 5 times within a month, car speeding caught by overhead bridge tp, bike speeding + never wear helmet properly, signal x 2 and spot check. Dun ever play play on sg road haha when u never see any tp around, it doesnt really mean that they are not around, they can hide well or can appear the next seconds. All TP to me, i dunno government paid them very well or they are so passionate with their job that they really can keep on catch ppl here n there to fine. I always told my gf, dun ever stare at those tp or get near them, if they die die wan catch u for something, u will blue blue one! but anyway thanks to them so that sg road can be one of the best in the world :)

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3529/marushinfd0nh2.jpg

I love my baby more than my YZF-R1!!!

Be careful these few days. The TP are on the prowl. Full force too. From Yishun to Braddell itself saw 4 TP on bikes and 1 WRX summoning ppl. I mean physically stopping at the side with cars and bikes. WRX is with the camera. So ride safe guys. Its a Demerit Point deducting world out there.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d158/flareon1982/Misc/1.jpg