SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

TP camera

stantheman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wah wah.. sound very dangerous out there.. haha.. always see those tp ppl with camera on bridge and dunno when u will kena one also..

btw how does red light camera work? cos i think i might tio one.. cos once it turn amber i chiong, then it turn red and i just pass the line only :sian:

anybody care to share?

hmm any website or sources that we can check offences that we kena?

5 June 08 -> Pass 2B

8 June 08 -> NSR150 SP FU***S

any website or sources that we can check offences that we kena?

Outstanding Traffic Offence

Steps to do a proper KNNBCCB with middle finger.

1. Bow down slightly, looking intensely at objective

2. Like a raging bull, hop and jog slowly towards objective

3. Take your left palm and slap it hard on the right mid-arm with a SLAP!

4. With charisma, raise right arm, whilst showing middle finger (with left palm trapped in bend right arm)

5. Shout! KNNBCCB

Guest Valarie

Abide to the speed limits while travelling. A difference of plus minus 20km/h are existing in all vehicles when they are gauge by those TP camera. TP usually point such mobile speed camera only to those whom are driving or riding recklessly,etc : cutting lanes without signalling and abnormally faster than the rest.

• 2 weeks later...

hi bros.. just kena 1 tp speed cam at chua chu kang the straight road there.. i forgot is where... but very clear one the road... after a bend saw a tp with cam standing there... he look at me i look at him... den i panick faster check my meter.. around 80-90..... how will know if i kena caught?? and will my main rider be affected by my mistake as well? thanks..

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh140/lengkia/1_485526822l.jpg

dont like that stare at me leh :cheeky:

hi bros.. just kena 1 tp speed cam at chua chu kang the straight road there.. i forgot is where... but very clear one the road... after a bend saw a tp with cam standing there... he look at me i look at him... den i panick faster check my meter.. around 80-90..... how will know if i kena caught?? and will my main rider be affected by my mistake as well? thanks..

depends on how far are u when u spoted him.. as chances are he may already have clocked your speed before u brake till 80+-90+km/hr..

if not, then u are safe.

ride safe.

~ You may be faster than the wind, but never time ~

i was told by TP officer that the points only return upon 1yr of the PAYMENT date of the fine and not the OFFENCE DATE.

it sounds logical to me otherwise i send appeal for 11 mths den i pay at the 12th mths already past 1yr no points meh?

anyway fellow riders can check whether they reli kana shoot by using this webby https://www.psi.gov.sg/NASApp/tmf/TMFServlet?app=SPF-PTD-EDDIES-II&Reload=true

• 1 month later...
Guest Valarie
Hi,

Jux wana ask that those hand helt cameras used bt TP are they accurate? have any of you guys kena snap by one of it b4? Do they have allowance like exceeds 20km/hr of the speedlimt den they fine you? :cheeky:

dont ask if accurate or not la... what u learn in school is to abide to speed limits. if u wanna go faster than the rules..why bother to ask abt the camera? scare kena caught..then dont speed la.

i was told by TP officer that the points only return upon 1yr of the PAYMENT date of the fine and not the OFFENCE DATE.

it sounds logical to me otherwise i send appeal for 11 mths den i pay at the 12th mths already past 1yr no points meh?

anyway fellow riders can check whether they reli kana shoot by using this webby https://www.psi.gov.sg/NASApp/tmf/TMFServlet?app=SPF-PTD-EDDIES-II&Reload=true

that is if you keep sending appeal letters for 11 months. if u nv pay or appeal after the date stated, u will be issued a summon to attend court.

my 12-points was returned to me a year after the offence date. i paid 2 months after the offence date.

dont ask if accurate or not la... what u learn in school is to abide to speed limits. if u wanna go faster than the rules..why bother to ask abt the camera? scare kena caught..then dont speed la.

he could be just curious to understand how the rules work.

The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.

The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.

1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?

2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

i watched a show at national geographic that a speed camera wont be able to catch your number plate if your speed is over 250km/hr. try to believe :D

bro i saw that too

but it is 250m/h

Miles/hr... not km

in km is 400km/h

http://images.quizesilver.multiply.com/image/8/photos/19/500x500/1/Picture3.jpg?et=pp72A3vHiyWV%2B1gmEDuh4g&nmid=137248738

Not true. I have seen them up close and the TP has explained their operations to me. The portable speed cameras are automatic. They do not need to be manually clicked to capture.

These mobile speed cameras use a combination of laser, digital camera and PDA. The laser automatically scans and records the speeds of the vehicles and can cover multiple lanes. The digital camera records the scenes continuously. So the film will have record of the the vehicles which exceed the speed limit. In fact, once the speed camera is turned on, the police man can actually stand aside as he does not need to do anything else.

If you find that you had encountered one of these portable speed cameras and you had been travelling above speed limit, but you did not receive any summon, it does not mean the cameras do not work. It could be the police "pang chang" or give you chance. If they are not so kind, the evidence are all there that you have exceeded speed limit and you can be fined.

Same to the traffic light stationary cameras. Some people think there are bluff ones as they don't seem to go off when someone beat the redlight. The truth is, they all work. Again, some allowance has been factored in to avoid unnecessarily penalising genuine cases where the drivers/riders are unable to brake in time. If they don't believe, they all work, you try blatantly ride through when the light has turned well after red :p

The Singapore TP equipment are hi-tech ones. The Subaru WRX has both forward and rearward looking speed cameras. The TP bikes are also armed with speed cameras (in case you think TP riders soley rely on their "eye balls" to determine if you speeding or not).

All this by TP is to regulate the general motoring speed to protect your safety and to protect other people's safety. Contrary to what people think, it is not to "meet quota". If they want to, we will surely receive many more summons :)

yup yup

i can verify on ur comment.

was with him during the up close and personal

http://images.quizesilver.multiply.com/image/8/photos/19/500x500/1/Picture3.jpg?et=pp72A3vHiyWV%2B1gmEDuh4g&nmid=137248738

cool 400km/hr

how will sg bike go so fast here

want to die meh

bike history

1987 - 1988 - Baby steps

1989 - 2005 - Bus,Mrt,Taxi

Nov05 - Jan07 -YBR125

Jan07 - Feb11- CB400 Spec 1

Mar11 - ??? Fazer 1000

Nov05 - Got Got Class 2B

Dec 06 - Got Class 2A

Nov07 - Got Class 3

Mar08 - Got Class 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Lornie road overhead bridge about 1pm, meter was at 90kph, saw the camera w/ tripod but TP was slacking at the start & shaded area of overhead bridge (too hot).

will kena if the camera is unmanned?

riding phantom ta200 i was told my true speed is -10kph but anyway the speed limit is 70kph at lornie.

Honda Phantom TA200 2013-2016

Yamaha RXZ 2016~Current

Ducati Monster 821 Dark Stealth 2016~current

Lornie road overhead bridge about 1pm, meter was at 90kph, saw the camera w/ tripod but TP was slacking at the start & shaded area of overhead bridge (too hot).

riding phantom ta200 i was told my true speed is -10kph but anyway the speed limit is 70kph at lornie.

Refer to post no.13. It helps to scroll up.

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac46/Tachnicolour/Completed%20works/combination_2.jpg

Convert your backlight COLOURs at : <CMO> Speedo Backlight colour CONVERSION by Tachnicolour

if true speed -10km/h then u are only traveling at 10km/h above speed limit. don't think anything will happen to u. Cuz I got warning a few times all are 15km/h above speed limit