SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CBR600 F4i/F4/F3/RR Riders

HONG

Originally posted by Rockford@Dec 3 2005, 08:02 AM

Thks for all the advices, I've changed my tyres to BT014.. at $340.. anyway.. (for info.. 208 & 014 is given the same price)

Now its time for me to find out how gd it is.. too bad from yesterday night till now is raining..

hope to hear some reviews from u abt BT014 soon :smile:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f229/Hong-/tummy.gif?t=1229955192

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Currently using the BT014 on my bike..

Is a good street tyre..best for touring..currently have done abt 12K k/m already..no problem on rainy days.

On TRACK..the tyre will will not perform very well if not warm-up..it will slide around..but give it 3 to 4 laps of gradual speed..the tire performance will pick up...but still u can't compare to the Sportec/Diablo's or the Diablo Corsa's wit it on track..as the main porpuse for this tyre is for street riding..

U can check out SPORTRIDERS website..it has all the tyre reccomendation on tyre's..

My next will probably the SPORTEC or DIABLO!!its KINDA rated the best tyre by MCN!!!for STREET & TRACK:thumb:

-Contact - [email protected] / +65 83121946

-Add me @ FaceBook = Saitoh Hajime

Support Local Brand,

Support Local Races,

Support Local Racers..!!:thumb:

Originally posted by rein_jahat14@Dec 3 2005, 10:15 PM

Currently using the BT014 on my bike..

Is a good street tyre..best for touring..currently have done abt 12K k/m already..no problem on rainy days.

On TRACK..the tyre will will not perform very well if not warm-up..it will slide around..but give it 3 to 4 laps of gradual speed..the tire performance will pick up...but still u can't compare to the Sportec/Diablo's or the Diablo Corsa's wit it on track..as the main porpuse for this tyre is for street riding..

U can check out SPORTRIDERS website..it has all the tyre reccomendation on tyre's..

My next will probably the SPORTEC or DIABLO!!its KINDA rated the best tyre by MCN!!!for STREET & TRACK:thumb:

I agree with you on the track performance for BT014. You really can explain into detail.

Now I'm using SC2 soft Front and rear, good feedback from the tyre during track session(dry), it's wet condition almost same as BT014 during wet, but more fun. Despite less grip during wet condition, due to it's good feedback on the track surface, I feel more comfortable to make decision on braking, throtle during enter or exit from corner.

Originally posted by emmitsu@Dec 4 2005, 12:52 AM

it's wet condition almost same as BT014 during wet, but more fun. Despite less grip during wet condition, due to it's good feedback on the track surface,

more fun eh!!!heheheh:sweat: For me when the bike slide's ah..my balls at my throat already!!!hehehe:thumb:

Plus if the TAR is wet..argh!!!dare not try my luck!!:nono:

Support Local Brand,

Support Local Races,

guys.. i noe nuts about suspension stuffs... my fren was telling me that he noticed that my rear is bouncing up and down when i am riding... decided to use a screw driver to adjust the front tension and the rear's tension + the canister below the seat at the left side of our bike... then i noticed that all front and rear are adjusted to the softest....how u guys adjust ur suspension?? i jus adjusted myself from the softest and turn the screw harder by about 1 1/2 rounds... is that recommended?? if i'm not wrong... from softest to hardest is about 2 1/2 rounds.... so will u guys help me on this?? thx alot...

Check out SportRider.com

They have most of the sportbike suspension setup..from there u can follow the guide to tune ur bike.

If u can't get it..get back to me i'll try to extract it for u..:thumb:

Support Local Brand,

Support Local Races,

guys.. i noe nuts about suspension stuffs... my fren was telling me that he noticed that my rear is bouncing up and down when i am riding... decided to use a screw driver to adjust the front tension and the rear's tension + the canister below the seat at the left side of our bike... then i noticed that all front and rear are adjusted to the softest....how u guys adjust ur suspension?? i jus adjusted myself from the softest and turn the screw harder by about 1 1/2 rounds... is that recommended?? if i'm not wrong... from softest to hardest is about 2 1/2 rounds.... so will u guys help me on this?? thx alot...

It take time.. man. I've spent 1/2 yrs reading & 4 mth setting of my bikes. Its the "feel" of your standard for the bike that count... sercurity & comfort... not cos of what friends say..

Front.. top of fork is preload.. spanner 14", ontop of preload is rebound damping.. flat screw driver.. at the end of fork.. near the brake is compression adjuster...

Rear.. Compression damping is at the left side( canister resirvor).. below the spring at right side is rebound damping.. and a little bit higher is the preload(tool in your tool bag).

U have to do some reading up.. cos firstly u must find the Sag.. for adjusting.. it is recommended to do it one by one.. the front then back.. all shld be adjust to hardest... then softern out...

one of the thiings to remember is that when road uneven.. u shild not feel bounding.. cos that mean the suspension is bounding.. not yr whole bike...

When u brake hard into corner, u shld not dive too much forward.. cos this will cause yr bike back to lift up..( front too soft).. loosing fiction at rear.. then at corner exit when u open throttle, yr bike shld not slide & go where u want to go(line).. this mean yr rear is too hard...

too deep....

i dun have the tool to adjust the rear's preload... its now at 4.... i noe the default setup is at 3... find it a bit too hard especially when i go thru humps.,...

this tailight for the touring F4i is cool.. wonder how to mod it.. :confused: :lovestruck:

http://www.cbrworld.net/CBR600/mods/chickenmod.gif

Originally posted by HONG@Dec 4 2005, 02:25 PM

this tailight for the touring F4i is cool.. wonder how to mod it.. :confused: :lovestruck:

Quite simple lah , rewire the signal lights to the brake light area . A lot of S4 oso doing it .

GIVI Touring windscreen for FZ1 2006 onwards for sale - $90

http://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1246.jpghttp://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1721.jpg

Originally posted by ellamcoy@Dec 4 2005, 08:54 AM

Not too sure about tyres, but good tyres makes hell of a diff! Yesterday noon about 1430, i was going abt 40 to 50km/h in between car outside Takka Mall. Within 5 meter, saw a front wheel of a bike emerging out, it was like 90 degree impact!

Jammed my front n rear n swift to the left, brake responed but my Battlelex BT 014 (thought it went off-line) :confused:

It was a chinese uncle over the age of 45 with his RXK...felt as if the bone of my right shoulder bursting out of my skin! Feel like giving him a good screw n remind him, his grandpa dun own the road anymore! Anyway i did not bother to access my damage ...just requested the uncle to get out of my sight, he kept mumbling it wasn`t my fault (in hokkien)...alway takes a bigger man to walk away from a fight...hahaha!

Maybe it was a blessing in disguise lah, luckily i did not ride my 748 else... :cry:

I am not too sure wat is the diif between tyres design n brand, but i get to "feel" the road better with d Diablo Corsa on d 748.

Investment on tyres just moved up to the top piority of my list, hope by sharing tis experience help some bros out there save some money on new paintwork.

Anyway this morning i discover a small dent on my exhaust :weep: but i can live with it. Wait till the next outing, i show u guys my first battle scar!

Going to d chinese med hall for a good rub now, as there is a big blue black swell as big as a computer mouse growing out of my shoulder n arm

Take care bros n ride safely :smile:

Good to know ur safe!!:smile:

Plus u were a better person to walk away from a :argue: :clap:

Support Local Brand,

Support Local Races,

Think u can have the clear lens LED intergrated from Ebay..

or i heard MotoWorld got sell!!:thumb:

Support Local Brand,

Support Local Races,

Hong.. that few page I've also try out before.. What they talking abt is setting for track... bear in mind Ang Moh weight..(rider preference & road condition).. is it the same as u?? u go track?? Spore roads are full of humps and traffic lights... your route of travel is important too.. btw, preload 4 for me is totally out!!

Spend some time playing with the susp.. it is not somethings u can just have it from sky... Even u send it to motorshop.. the mechanic riding style & weight & handling & feel... are different from u...

Knowledge Makes Power...

Originally posted by Rockford@Dec 4 2005, 10:21 PM

Hong.. that few page I've also try out before.. What they talking abt is setting for track... bear in mind Ang Moh weight..(rider preference & road condition).. is it the same as u?? u go track?? Spore roads are full of humps and traffic lights... your route of travel is important too.. btw, preload 4 for me is totally out!!

Spend some time playing with the susp.. it is not somethings u can just have it from sky... Even u send it to motorshop.. the mechanic riding style & weight & handling & feel... are different from u...

Knowledge Makes Power...

u r right... i've jus set the settings back to default according to the manual... only my rear's preload is at setting 4 instead of the default setting 3 cos i dun have the tool to adjust it.. anyone has it?? is the tool the same used on the Super 4s suspension?

hi guys...passed my class 2 todae...so now looking for a f4i...and wanna sell my s4....went down to speedway juz now...not much 600cc bikes let alone f4i...onli got new k5 600...which adds up to around 19k otr...:giddy:

Life is a scam, what is important now might not be important in the future...

there's a cbr600rr 03 model plate fx26 selling at hkl for 16800 otr. can consider i've seen the condition. looks as gd as new..

CBR600F4I SPORT --- JAN 2005 - JUNE 2006

YZF R6 '06 --- JULY 2006 - AUGUST 2006 (STOLEN)

GSXR 1000 K6 --- DECEMBER 2006 - ???

"char bor only know 3 bikes, sp, rvf, r1"

Originally posted by kori@Dec 6 2005, 04:23 PM

there's a cbr600rr 03 model plate fx26 selling at hkl for 16800 otr. can consider i've seen the condition. looks as gd as new..

wah...veri ex leh...considering f4i and r6 now...so ur bike u still selling?

Life is a scam, what is important now might not be important in the future...

i'd not done this before but after thinking thru, below is my comment.

Contrary to popular belief, it can be done but is very troublesome, which needs some planning before hand. Unless u have a lot of money to get a new tail light if u screw up.

u'd have to dismantle the whole tail fairing to get access to the tail light, then u'd have to seperate the tail light from the tail fairing(2 screws). [this is the easiest part. ]

once u have the tail light as a standalone unit, here comes the hard part. The tail light itself is an enclosed(sealed) unit, so u have to be prepared to either cut into it, from behind.

Or heat it up at a certain temp using oven so that the glue sealing the translucent red cover to the black plastic backing melts( refer to the DIY angel eye thread). seperate the 2 pieces and now u have good access from the front/rear/any direction u want and looks alot cleaner & more professional then the first way, u have to think of some way to mount your turn signal bulbs(u probly have to drill thru the silver reflective part(careful, this cracks easily) and out thru the black plastic for you to run your wires). u'd have limited time to do this before the glue sets back for u to stick the housing back so u'd need to have a concrete plan of what u wanna do else u'd need to heat the parts again.

btw, from what i see from your pic, u'll need some opaque plates to block off the light from the tail light preventing it from spreading to your turn signals area and vice versa.

:goodluck:

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11573/happyhalloween.jpg