SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Accessories ShareParts

zod

My black tank bra from bagster does have the embroided VFR word on it..

i guess the much previous batches are different from current batch without the VFR logo on it....

wonder will it look funny if i were to get a black one on my candy red... :confused:

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Siaoster,

I used to have a magnetic bag however, after a while, the magnet will inadvertably scratch the paintwork. Either you get a good quality one or tape the sides of the tank, where the magnets attach, with transparent tape or film.

"Keep your friends close but your enemies closer"

Siaoster,

I used to have a magnetic bag however, after a while, the magnet will inadvertably scratch the paintwork. Either you get a good quality one or tape the sides of the tank, where the magnets attach, with transparent tape or film.

Sorri to hear that bro

Not sure if you guys encounter this, my tank bra sponge padding (which is the under sid of the bra), i suspect its starting to disintegrated, cos when i remove the bra, i saw specks of dust on my tank, and u can practically gather the dust and feel the texture, its somewhat like fine saw dust...

Not sure if you guys encounter this, my tank bra sponge padding (which is the under sid of the bra), i suspect its starting to disintegrated, cos when i remove the bra, i saw specks of dust on my tank, and u can practically gather the dust and feel the texture, its somewhat like fine saw dust...

i have juz recently wash my orange bra that i got frm my prev owner, has been laying ard in storeroom... i did saw alot of the "fine dust" thing... but the sponge still looks gd to me.. dunno the dust comes frm where...

i m still pondering whether to put on the bra anot... its a bright orange bra, my bike is black color sia... :dozed:

http://forum.geizhals.at/files/2455/Vfr_logo.jpg

i think inevitably any surface in constant contact with the tank will scratch it somewhat , but not to the extent that it becomes "ugly"

the genuine moto fizz tank bag i had got a thick soft velvet base .

but i do constantly clean my tank with "plexus" .its gives a small layer of protective coat.

S.L.O.W.-SimpleLifeOnWheels

does the tank bag scratches the tank ?

i believe the movement of the tank bag actually depends on the heavy load that it is carrying? like when going through corners the tank bag may fidget on the tank ?

Even a strapped on tank bag (without bra) will scratched the tank. I feel even the bra itself would too. Thing is, the scratches will be so minute it would be imperceptible. Tank bags are not intended to carry heavy loads and are useful for light stuff like rain gear, drinks, camera, phones etc that you need to access constantly without having to break out your main luggages if any. It is also not easy to consciously move them around when on the move because the magnets are very strong.

Anyway, these bags have been on the market for ages and if they do cause damage it would have been pulled long ago. ya?

i have juz recently wash my orange bra that i got frm my prev owner, has been laying ard in storeroom... i did saw alot of the "fine dust" thing... but the sponge still looks gd to me.. dunno the dust comes frm where...

i m still pondering whether to put on the bra anot... its a bright orange bra, my bike is black color sia... :dozed:

Use a vaccuum cleaner to suck all the fine dust before puttin on the bra :thumb:

u can still use the bra eh, juz get some reasonably big orange sticker designs to paste on ur fairings to blend in the bra color onto black :thumb:

Even a strapped on tank bag (without bra) will scratched the tank. I feel even the bra itself would too. Thing is, the scratches will be so minute it would be imperceptible. Tank bags are not intended to carry heavy loads and are useful for light stuff like rain gear, drinks, camera, phones etc that you need to access constantly without having to break out your main luggages if any. It is also not easy to consciously move them around when on the move because the magnets are very strong.

Anyway, these bags have been on the market for ages and if they do cause damage it would have been pulled long ago. ya?

u do have a point there :angel:

• 1 month later...

Dear fellow viffers, i juz installed the BMW touring grip yesterday afternoon @ M-Technik. Damage was $35 plus installation. I wanna check with u all any idea where to get the 1kg Stainless Steel Balancers? M-Technik say they dun have.. I went to Motoworld they say they dun bring in anymore.. I dun believe not available anymore.. Any place that u all know can get the balancers? and roughly how much it is? =)

We all only live once. Enjoy the ride. Glad to have met all the wonderful friends through the spirit of riding. Ride safe people!

2002 - 2003 - Honda CM 125

2003 - 2009 - Honda Super 4 Version S

2009 - 2011 - Honda VFR 800.

2011 - Present - Honda Silverwing GT

"I realised i'm a very staunch Honda supporter. Lol"

Dear fellow viffers, i juz installed the BMW touring grip yesterday afternoon @ M-Technik. Damage was $35 plus installation. I wanna check with u all any idea where to get the 1kg Stainless Steel Balancers? M-Technik say they dun have.. I went to Motoworld they say they dun bring in anymore.. I dun believe not available anymore.. Any place that u all know can get the balancers? and roughly how much it is? =)

I am using Motovation barends, total weight around 700g. Got them from HKL at $70.

http://www.motovation-accessory.com.sg/index.php?act=product&id=0&a=0&pid=38

http://www.motovation-accessory.com.sg/images/product/38/honda_big.gif

Edited by Wormz

"If you can't go fast with 90hp, 900hp won't help you" - Bob Hall

Thks for the info Wormz! :thumb:

We all only live once. Enjoy the ride. Glad to have met all the wonderful friends through the spirit of riding. Ride safe people!

• 3 weeks later...

Dear viffers, wanna ask does anyone know where can we get a half bra for our tank? Cos one of our fellow viffer has one black colour one on his tank and according to him, it can help to keep out the heat decently away from our groin area. I'm really quite serious to get it cos the heat emitting from the engine on a hot afternoon in the middle of a very bad jam is no joke. When i parked my bike and alighted, my pants at both side is wet from perspiration.. So does anyone has any idea at all? Any help is greatly appreciated.. :thumb:

Sorry another qns. Have anyone change their handlebars before, or know of other VFR owners that has successfully changed their handlebars? Cos i was thinking of changing to a more straight type of handlbar cos still a lil' not used to this sport tourer type. =) Can it be done? or from u all's vast experience that it is not advisable to do so? Would like some light on this.. :cheeky:

Dear viffers, wanna ask does anyone know where can we get a half bra for our tank? Cos one of our fellow viffer has one black colour one on his tank and according to him, it can help to keep out the heat decently away from our groin area. I'm really quite serious to get it cos the heat emitting from the engine on a hot afternoon in the middle of a very bad jam is no joke. When i parked my bike and alighted, my pants at both side is wet from perspiration.. So does anyone has any idea at all? Any help is greatly appreciated.. :thumb:

I have used both a Lockhart Phillips half tank bra and a Bagster full tank bra on my previous bike. At different times of course :cheeky: I preferred the full tank bra for its looks...

I know of a fellow viffer selling his full tank bra if you are looking for a 2nd hand one. Black colour with the word "VFR" on it.

I know of a fellow viffer selling his full tank bra if you are looking for a 2nd hand one. Black colour with the word "VFR" on it.

I guess Devilsown Bro sold the tank bra.

Other items left that might be of your interst ~ http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5743178#post5743178

Cheers !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

" People are like Motorcycles ; Each is customized a bit differently " c",)

I have used both a Lockhart Phillips half tank bra and a Bagster full tank bra on my previous bike. At different times of course :cheeky: I preferred the full tank bra for its looks...

where to u get this Lockhart Philips half bra? any est how much it costs?? :cheeky:

where to u get this Lockhart Philips half bra? any est how much it costs?? :cheeky:

I bought it second hand from another biker here. But not sure if any shops locally carry that brand. You can buy it online. There is new one selling on Ebay for USD 15:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LP-USA-1-2-Tank-Cover-HONDA-02-04-VFR800_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c4e5aedceQQitemZ190293142990QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

thank u bro! its really useful.. will go explore.. thks again! :cheers:

i e 1 got a spare full tank bra from Bagster. Condition 9/10. Can sms me @ 97484172 if inteested

2002 Mar - 2002 May (NSR125 Hornet)

2002 May - 2003 June (Phantom 200)

2003 July - 2008 Sept (CB400 Spec 2)

2008 Oct - 2011 Mar (VFR800 Gen 6th Vtec)

2012 Nov - 2013 Apr (VFR800 Gen 5th Non-Vtec)

2013 Feb - 2014 Feb (CBR929 Firebladdie 2002)

2011 Feb - ?????? (DRZ400 SM K9) & 2011 June - ?????? (FZ1000S Gen 1 2002)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, any idea where can we get a rear hugger for our VFR? our dear Siaoster bro sold his away. I was actually thinking of getting one and installing on my bike. Any fellow riders has got one on their bike? If yes, where can we get 1 and estimate roughly how much is it? ive been searching online for the past 2 days.. still no luck..

Oh ya, one more thing, was talking **** with my frens in camp when they commented tat my hnb top box is kinda fugly, they suggested tat go take a look at the OEM original side panniers, which i did. i email davidsilverspares but to my horror, they replied me saying tat they do not have it anymore cos Honda does not make them anymore.. is it true? if it yes, i'm gonna be very sad.. cos i was thinking of getting the side panniers... Anybody know where else can i order from? Boon Siew price is totally no go.. Close to $2000.. i can get a 2nd hand phatom or sp le.. wahahaha

Hi KW,

For the rear hugger, i got my Powerbronze carbon look from Biketec21 @ Dunlop St for ard $220. That was more than 2 years back. For the panniers, it's sad if davidsilverspares has stopped selling them. Perhaps you may want to consider the V35 from Givi (similar shape to the OEMs). The last i heard, it costs abt $1k. Check it out. Givi shop is beside Mah motor. U shld also be able to get similar deals from Regina & Motoworld. Good luck..

Hi KW,

For the rear hugger, i got my Powerbronze carbon look from Biketec21 @ Dunlop St for ard $220. That was more than 2 years back. For the panniers, it's sad if davidsilverspares has stopped selling them. Perhaps you may want to consider the V35 from Givi (similar shape to the OEMs). The last i heard, it costs abt $1k. Check it out. Givi shop is beside Mah motor. U shld also be able to get similar deals from Regina & Motoworld. Good luck..

Hi Relaxbro,

From your experience with the hugger, does it reduce the amount of water spray coming up from the rear tire? Currently my pillion's back always get sprayed with water when riding on wet roads :cheeky: