SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Accessories ShareParts

zod

Hi Relaxbro,

From your experience with the hugger, does it reduce the amount of water spray coming up from the rear tire? Currently my pillion's back always get sprayed with water when riding on wet roads :cheeky:

I am not sure about powerbronze but the one i used which is NWS does not help in preventing water from spraying onto the back of your pillion.

most huggers only cover slightly more than half of the rear wheel.

the thing that help prevents water from spraying your pillion's back is the mudguard

the purpose of a hugger is to prevent your rear shock from being hit from small grines or stones picked up from your rear tyre.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi KW,

Givi shop is beside Mah motor.

Hi, is it within the Mah motor compound or the building next to it? I'm trying to order Wingrack mounting kit and top box rack...

Email guay_hansen @hotmail.com

My blog at snowparang.blogdrive.com

http://www.pbase.com/snowparang/image/79866156/medium.jpg http://www.pbase.com/snowparang/image/95749015/original.jpg

I am not sure about powerbronze but the one i used which is NWS does not help in preventing water from spraying onto the back of your pillion.

most huggers only cover slightly more than half of the rear wheel.

the thing that help prevents water from spraying your pillion's back is the mudguard

the purpose of a hugger is to prevent your rear shock from being hit from small grines or stones picked up from your rear tyre.

ooo i c :cheeky:

"If you can't go fast with 90hp, 900hp won't help you" - Bob Hall

Hi thks for the info Relaxbro.. I did consider Givi V35 which is very similiar but 2 things tat delayed me is the price, also the gap in between the exhuast and the boxes is wider when compared to the OEM ones.. Plus, i think the OEM definately looks nicer i think... But maybe i'll go drop by tml to take a look.. thks!!

:cheeky:

Hi KW,

For the rear hugger, i got my Powerbronze carbon look from Biketec21 @ Dunlop St for ard $220. That was more than 2 years back. For the panniers, it's sad if davidsilverspares has stopped selling them. Perhaps you may want to consider the V35 from Givi (similar shape to the OEMs). The last i heard, it costs abt $1k. Check it out. Givi shop is beside Mah motor. U shld also be able to get similar deals from Regina & Motoworld. Good luck..

We all only live once. Enjoy the ride. Glad to have met all the wonderful friends through the spirit of riding. Ride safe people!

2002 - 2003 - Honda CM 125

2003 - 2009 - Honda Super 4 Version S

2009 - 2011 - Honda VFR 800.

2011 - Present - Honda Silverwing GT

"I realised i'm a very staunch Honda supporter. Lol"

Hi Hansen

Pardon me if i am wrong, but i believe that Givi is located within Mah premises. Check it out..

Kw,

One of the vfr bro here actually rides with the v35. I'm not sure of his name & nick, do ask ard & chk out his bike b4 deciding. The OEMs look best of course, but the v35 is a very good alternative. Do consider them.

As for the pillion getting wet, the revolution of the tyres during movement means that the water will be spraying upwards from the ground up. Siaoster is right, the hugger will protect the rear shock, but the mudguard (& no plate) is the one that will partially prevent water from spraying your pillion's back. If that doesn't help, wear a raincoat :-)

hi to all the bros,

anyone know where can i get RHS mirror? i juz broke mine... suay :sian:

i've already check FJT and Eversuccess... but their opening hours only until 6pm.. means i have to wait till sat then got time to go down.. its quite dangerous to ride w/o the mirror so i would like to get it replace asap..

:bounce:

http://forum.geizhals.at/files/2455/Vfr_logo.jpg

OMG! So it was u on the phone! Talk abt small world.. I was at FJT this morning when the uncle pick up the phone and the conversation was abt side mirror for VFR and when i heard it, at the back of my mind, i was thinking, which bro so suay got their mirror damaged.. i was there looking for a left hand switch assy which has hazard light one to fix on my '02 VFR.. U need it urgently? i can go down FJT get for u 1st if u need tml. I'm on off today and tml.. gimme a call? i will send u a PM with my hp number. =)

We all only live once. Enjoy the ride. Glad to have met all the wonderful friends through the spirit of riding. Ride safe people!

@loufu,

A little price info for you.I brought my RHS mirror at southern motor for $70. I believe that they gt it from FJT or Eversuccess as I need to wait for their despatch to go collect.So FJT and Eversuccess should be selling much cheaper.

@K.W,

see what I mean about regulars and their off days?:angel:

Past rides are already history....

Current ride: FW VFR 800 ABS

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s254/james9295/DSC_0200.jpg

@loufu,

A little price info for you.I brought my RHS mirror at southern motor for $70. I believe that they gt it from FJT or Eversuccess as I need to wait for their despatch to go collect.So FJT and Eversuccess should be selling much cheaper.

@K.W,

:sian: the quote i got frm FJT abit higher than what u paid :sian:

Roger{;5849774']i got spare mirrors with me for 5th gen

if you want buy let me know. we can nego :smile:

hehe.. how much u letting go? i might be checkin the scrapyards tis wkend, the uncle quote me $20 but yet to confirm the stock availability.. if not i might juz DIY it... :angel:

http://forum.geizhals.at/files/2455/Vfr_logo.jpg

Kw,

One of the vfr bro here actually rides with the v35. I'm not sure of his name & nick, do ask ard & chk out his bike b4 deciding. The OEMs look best of course, but the v35 is a very good alternative. Do consider them.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=119380&stc=1&d=1250338085

belongs to Ishak Bro's (non-forumer)

do Sms me if you need his contact.

:cheers:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

" People are like Motorcycles ; Each is customized a bit differently " c",)

@loufu,

@K.W,

Haha.. not always like tat one la.. these few weeks slack a bit cos preparing to go Australia for training in Oct.. So, need to rest in order to chiong in Australia.. lol

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=119380&stc=1&d=1250338085

belongs to Ishak Bro's (non-forumer)

do Sms me if you need his contact.

:cheers:

Thks Ali bro, i've checked with the GIVI counter inside Mah Motors last fri. The quote was abt $1060 in total, 1 pair of boxes and the rack for our bike.

Well the price is decent, but i have decided to get the OEM ones. I understand tat the OEM ones are made by GIVI and pass to Honda. Cos nothing beats the original ones.. But not now la, juz gotta wait out for pple selling or when davidsilverspares got stock..

So if anyone selling their baby in the future, and u have the OEM boxes, do let me know firsthand okie? thks!!

P.S : So bro, when's our makan trip? getting hungry! haha :cheeky:

got mine from FJT at 62 buck each :angel:

:sian: the quote i got frm FJT abit higher than what u paid :sian:

hehe.. how much u letting go? i might be checkin the scrapyards tis wkend, the uncle quote me $20 but yet to confirm the stock availability.. if not i might juz DIY it... :angel:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/53/59/3789535/1_767012671m.jpg http://photos.friendster.com/photos/53/59/3789535/1_940922888m.jpg

Hey Loufu

Where is this scrapyard, can you clue us in? Thx!

Hi, just wanna share (or rather I just knew about it) Motovation Accessory carry street legal Scorpion Exhaust. Cost $680 for 98-01 VFR. VTECs should cost more because of dual cannister.

Email guay_hansen @hotmail.com

My blog at snowparang.blogdrive.com

http://www.pbase.com/snowparang/image/79866156/medium.jpg http://www.pbase.com/snowparang/image/95749015/original.jpg

Hi, just wanna share (or rather I just knew about it) Motovation Accessory carry street legal Scorpion Exhaust. Cost $680 for 98-01 VFR. VTECs should cost more because of dual cannister.

Where is it located?

Regardless Of Bike Class, Colour, Make Or Model

Live To Ride Bike While We Still Can

Always Ride A Honda :thumb:

Where is it located?

Motovation Accessory

53, Ubi Ave 1, Paya Ubi Industrial Park

#03-29 Singapore 408394

Tel/Fax: +65 6747-1477

Email : [email protected]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

rectifier for 6th Gen (not sure other Gens can use)

lettin go @ $120.

2pcs headlight protector for 6th Gen (with VFR / Vtec on it) ,

lettin go @ $45.

contact Teo aka bowler @ +65 93635719

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259607

Edited by sino74

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Juz wondering if these are legal in S'pore.. If yes, they can be an alternative to the Laser Exhuast for the 6th Gen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-VFR800-interceptor-Remus-Exhaust-VFR-800-02-09_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19b70c233aQQitemZ110445208378QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

• 1 month later...

I wanted to install PC3 initally, but after asking HKL how much it costs, think must wait a while more.. the PC3 is selling for $450, then plus dyno abt $200, total damage will be abt $650.. =)

Does anyone knows is there any place tat i can place an order for the side panniers racks for the OEM boxes? Called Boon Siew, they say need 2 months to let me know. Called Looi's, they still checking.. ANyone got any rough idea at all? :)