SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Red light

Arif

I need some advice. I was riding at woodlands ave 12 towards the expressway on 1/11/15 it was raining heavily during that time. The speed limit is 70km/h. I was riding arnd 60-65km/h. Before enterting the expressway there's the traffic light. Riding towards it the traffic light turn amber. And when I brake my rear brake skid. And the "fishtail" momemtum was there. I know if I brake a little bit more. I'll skid and fall. I just change the brake pad for both of my tyres. And than the red light appear. Didn't manage to brake in time, I carried on riding. The red light camera flash me. Can this be appeal by traffic police. If I'd skid and fall l'll compromise of other road users safety and my own safety. Any advice here?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 60/65km, how far were you when u first see the amber light. When you appeal, u MUST quote these things:

1. You are not trying to beat the red light(12 demerit point)

2. Cus u didnt accelerate, but rather trying to stop.

3. U tell them go see the footage if have. (Best is when the camera snap at u, can see brake light)

Red light case can be appealed. Most likely will escape demerit but not the fine.

Got one time, my fren's father drove his car at a constant speed at about 50km, didn't brake or anything and pass thru the red light.

He managed to appeal successfully cus he was clearly not trying to beat the light as he was daydreaming. In the end the 12 demerit points was written off. Only fine a few hundred dollar

Force breaking on bike is hard, especially on 2B bike even with speed about 50KM,

Speed can't lower than 50 around because behind car will knock you down if you lower speed too much when approaching traffic light. :nono:

I hope most of us know that 2B break can not be trusted, if we force breaking, especially rare tyre skid ( no weight though ).

I have been facing a few times on hard choice condition : traffic light with behind car, amber , red light issue :(

hope TP could understand.

http://i.imgur.com/qDqVHNR.png

I got 12 points for red light offence about a year ago, two weeks to go and the 12 points will be gone.

I was in the wrong lane, turning right at a junction, went through the red light.

I appealed but rejected and was fined a few hundred dollars and 12 points.

The reply from Traffic Police was plain "An offence was disclosed" and I was prosecuted. They stated that they had reviewed the evidence from the camera but were having non of it.

Good luck.

Forever the Foreigner

• 10 months later...