SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B at BBDC or CDC?

Go to solution Solved by snooptrader,

CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?

• BBDC
    • CDC

2 hours ago, snooptrader said:

I don't think I will buy a bike so soon.. I want to see how I can really handle the vehicle or not.. I mean, riding is really being able to survive the roads...
(Don't laugh but I've a penchant for scooters) Though I like bikes...

*sorry for late reply as work was really busy and ironically, on a Friday, where most are out. I'm just chilling behind my screen... LOL

if you ride safe and check all your blind spot and stay away from big vehicles... you'll be alright. 

Don't lane split at higher speed too. That's usually why people get into accidents. Following too close to vehicles especially those big trucks is a bad idea. Their braking power is like 10 times better than our bikes because their tire base is 10 times wider hahaha with huge brake disk... 

Just now, Siphon said:

if you ride safe and check all your blind spot and stay away from big vehicles... you'll be alright. 

Don't lane split at higher speed too. That's usually why people get into accidents. Following too close to vehicles especially those big trucks is a bad idea. Their braking power is like 10 times better than our bikes because their tire base is 10 times wider hahaha with huge brake disk... 

Spoken like a true experienced rider...

The question I want to ask all experience riders is...
"When checking blind spots, how do you ensure the vehicle in front don't pull a jammy while I turn my head?"
As a driver, I get some of these things..

I intend to ride till old.. As much as I like excitement; I've seen some really gory images to remind me how vulnerable the human anatomy is.

Thank you very much and appreciate inputs from experience riders. No need tricks; need tips to survive

Definitely not an experienced rider here but same applies to drivers too. Always keep a safety distance.. use ur side mirror to check for the vehicles and gauge the distance b4 switching lanes too. N always try to predict what other drivers are gonna do especially those that doesnt use their signals. 

1 hour ago, snooptrader said:

Definitely street bikes (aka fighter) naked bikes for roads... so MT-15 as a strong contender...  Scooter is great when wearing office wear.... :D 

Haha ya ikr.. tts y i was thinking of getting a honda super cub or a honda adv 150 at first.. somemore 1 is semi auto another 1 is auto gear.. hahaha.. n i can still wear dress go work.. 

10 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Definitely not an experienced rider here but same applies to drivers too. Always keep a safety distance.. use ur side mirror to check for the vehicles and gauge the distance b4 switching lanes too. N always try to predict what other drivers are gonna do especially those that doesnt use their signals. 

Haha ya ikr.. tts y i was thinking of getting a honda super cub or a honda adv 150 at first.. somemore 1 is semi auto another 1 is auto gear.. hahaha.. n i can still wear dress go work.. 

Appreciate your insights on the blind checks and yes, for riding.... if I get a street bike... I reckon I need Alpine Stars boots to ride a manual... I'm a pen pusher... or a "keyboard warrior" so... I'm not sure how's that gonna pan out on the shoes... hahahah

The white shirts will turn grey or what ever the elements throw at it when riding a bike... scooter seems more... corporate.. oh well... I dunno... :D

Hahaha actually u dun need to think so far ahead. There is still at least 6 mths till u get ur license.. so when u pass ur lesson 5 then u slowly thing wat u wanna get. Just dun be like mi butt itchy lesson 1 only go carousell scroll n buy a bike. Now i can only go to the carpark n stare at it 😂😂

If u wanna ride a street bike n still wear corporate shirt, u can juz get a box n put any additional gears into the box lor.. shoes can put in office oso.. if not just go office change lor.. i got a colleague wear shirt and pants ride his harley davison to office also.. haha

Just now, Nakuru said:

Hahaha actually u dun need to think so far ahead. There is still at least 6 mths till u get ur license.. so when u pass ur lesson 5 then u slowly thing wat u wanna get. Just dun be like mi butt itchy lesson 1 only go carousell scroll n buy a bike. Now i can only go to the carpark n stare at it 😂😂

If u wanna ride a street bike n still wear corporate shirt, u can juz get a box n put any additional gears into the box lor.. shoes can put in office oso.. if not just go office change lor.. i got a colleague wear shirt and pants ride his harley davison to office also.. haha

I'm already "uncle" enough not to want to put a box... hahahah I am pretty sure I won't buy bike until I get my license.... I just want to have the skill to really ride a bike and then maybe buy a bike.

Box good ma.. convenient..

Aiya.. talk only.. i also didnt want a bike since i already own a car.. i only wan the license cos its in my bucket list ever since young.. n then... Hahahahaha.. 😅

8 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Box good ma.. convenient..

Aiya.. talk only.. i also didnt want a bike since i already own a car.. i only wan the license cos its in my bucket list ever since young.. n then... Hahahahaha.. 😅

So fierce! 😅 (I'm kidding there, no offense please)

Yes, wanted it since young, but honestly speaking, if I had it if I was eighteen, I really won't be here in this forum.

No, not looking to be like Mr. Cruise of Topgun fame who flies Planes, Helicopters (choppers for yanks.. hey wait... choppers are bikes :D ) and ride (read races..) bikes. 
.... but ya... talk only!!! Nakuru-san.. straight to the point! Hahah, you must be doing front line work! (i.e client facing)

On the "box"... damn Uncle.. I already look like one... no need to stamp and affirm ... :D

Edited by snooptrader

2 hours ago, snooptrader said:

So fierce! 😅 (I'm kidding there, no offense please)

Yes, wanted it since young, but honestly speaking, if I had it if I was eighteen, I really won't be here in this forum.

No, not looking to be like Mr. Cruise of Topgun fame who flies Planes, Helicopters (choppers for yanks.. hey wait... choppers are bikes :D ) and ride (read races..) bikes. 
.... but ya... talk only!!! Nakuru-san.. straight to the point! Hahah, you must be doing front line work! (i.e client facing)

On the "box"... damn Uncle.. I already look like one... no need to stamp and affirm ... :D

Hahaha no la.. small stuffs i wun take offense de.. 

I also wanted to learn bike. But parents dun allow so now old liao can decide on my own liao.. hahahaha

Close enough.. Im an admin HAHAHA

No la.. get a nicer looking box la.. can sticker bomb it oso.. dun get those tt looks like round de then not so uncle liao

16 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Hahaha no la.. small stuffs i wun take offense de.. 

I also wanted to learn bike. But parents dun allow so now old liao can decide on my own liao.. hahahaha

Close enough.. Im an admin HAHAHA

No la.. get a nicer looking box la.. can sticker bomb it oso.. dun get those tt looks like round de then not so uncle liao

Me too!! My dad encouraged me to learn when I was 18, so I started. Then I fell off the bike and had some abrasion on the elbow, my denim jacket tore... so my mom found out 😂 and I was made to stop. She was so angry w my father and I! 

even now I don't wanna tell her 😂 

we're hoping to buy Honda super cub when we pass 😂

2 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

Me too!! My dad encouraged me to learn when I was 18, so I started. Then I fell off the bike and had some abrasion on the elbow, my denim jacket tore... so my mom found out 😂 and I was made to stop. She was so angry w my father and I! 

even now I don't wanna tell her 😂 

we're hoping to buy Honda super cub when we pass 😂

Wah.. its only recently then my father found out i learning cos i forgot to keep my helmet lolol 

I also wanted to get a cub but long story so i probably wun even get it le.. But the cub hor.. when u going at high speed the body will flex abit.. not very stable.. thou.. need to be careful when riding.. haha

7 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Wah.. its only recently then my father found out i learning cos i forgot to keep my helmet lolol 

I also wanted to get a cub but long story so i probably wun even get it le.. But the cub hor.. when u going at high speed the body will flex abit.. not very stable.. thou.. need to be careful when riding.. haha

Hahaha. Let's see when my parents find out. My dad is still riding. 😂

For us it's just a hobby, only can sit one person. I think buy something and let my children pillion my in-laws will get angry w me 😂 How come long story? 

7 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

Hahaha. Let's see when my parents find out. My dad is still riding. 😂

For us it's just a hobby, only can sit one person. I think buy something and let my children pillion my in-laws will get angry w me 😂 How come long story? 

Haha ya lor.. getting the bike was like a weekend toy for mi oso.. somemore nowadays keep raining.. can pillion the kids but dun go far yet lor.. like around the estate to see first lor.. haha if not need to get a box so they can lean n wun fall off.. i'll tell u in pm why 😂

16 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Haha ya lor.. getting the bike was like a weekend toy for mi oso.. somemore nowadays keep raining.. can pillion the kids but dun go far yet lor.. like around the estate to see first lor.. haha if not need to get a box so they can lean n wun fall off.. i'll tell u in pm why 😂

Ya... they're school all nearby, can beat the "car queue" hahahahah but we'll see... mine is still looooong way to go since I haven't even start! It's really just hobby nia...

okay let me know via PM 😊

Hahaha hope u faster start then can share our experiences as a learner too 😂 faster go book ur lesson no need wait for the UTAP liao since they can back date. Hahaha 

5 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Hahaha hope u faster start then can share our experiences as a learner too 😂 faster go book ur lesson no need wait for the UTAP liao since they can back date. Hahaha 

Now I'm waiting for the correct time slot!!! 😂 I'm obsessive okay... every few hours will check for time slot. 

Cos the first lesson we also wanna do eye check and then my hb dun wanna take leave for this so... have to aim for the first two slots on a Saturday. Wait long long long 😂 after that I'll just need to book the 8:40pm sessions, higher chance. 

Hahahaha i think im worst cos i check like every 15min when i can.. he cannot go after work ah? Then like tt no need take leave oso ma.. haha need to book 2 slots together really very hard sia 

1 minute ago, Nakuru said:

Hahahaha i think im worst cos i check like every 15min when i can.. he cannot go after work ah? Then like tt no need take leave oso ma.. haha need to book 2 slots together really very hard sia 

Just the first lesson cos need eye check. If not have to book separate Appt for eye sight check and a few days ago, the timing was like middle July!

subsequent lessons we'll book the last slot of the day, almost any day... last slot can already. I wish they'll release more slots at one time or like say how many available slots per timing left. 

You're right lor, trying to book the same slot, I also dunno can or not. When there is, I'll just use two machines to book at the same time 😂 see can or not. The App also stupid lah, cos I can't use it until I do the eye sight check. 😵💫 so now every time have to key in catcha code. 

Oh.. they also implement the catcha code ah.. ssdc recently implement the code n its f$^@*$king annoying. If not u see whether can book theory lessons then go down do eye check or not lor.. shld have more slots for the theory lessons than orientation rite.. 

1 minute ago, Nakuru said:

Oh.. they also implement the catcha code ah.. ssdc recently implement the code n its f$^@*$king annoying. If not u see whether can book theory lessons then go down do eye check or not lor.. shld have more slots for the theory lessons than orientation rite.. 

I thought theory do online? Only need to go down for the test? Internal evaluation is online or must go down also? 😅

we've both been driving since we were 18... like we just told our children we've been driving more than we've not been driving 😂 so old ("boomer!")

I figure the riding theory test (which lasts 1 yr) maybe I wait until lesson 4/5 of practical then do 😂 who knows I might take 1 yr to get there wait RTT expire liao 😂 

Hm? The defensive riding now chg to online also ah? Last time is need go down la.. evaluation n test need to go down oso.. hahaha ya.. do ur RTT in lesson 4-5 like tt.. pdl oso can apply when u pass lesson 5 oso.. simulation oso muz complete b4 u take TP.. it can book any theory lessons just to go sch then just go n take eye test lor.. 

10 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Hm? The defensive riding now chg to online also ah? Last time is need go down la.. evaluation n test need to go down oso.. hahaha ya.. do ur RTT in lesson 4-5 like tt.. pdl oso can apply when u pass lesson 5 oso.. simulation oso muz complete b4 u take TP.. it can book any theory lessons just to go sch then just go n take eye test lor.. 

for the eye sight test, my hb needs to take leave so... might as well coincide with the orientation. At least with that, don't need to book a "eye test" Appt as well! So many Appts 😂they must think we very free. Thankfully we're just doing it as hobby. So can take own sweet time.... when I finally start I'll let u know 😂I stalk the website first.  I'm sure at some point in the next two months I'll get something. Maybe now busier cos the uni kids haven't started school 😂

Orh.. issit cos the eye test only on weekdays? Sat dun have half day in morn ah? Paiseh i forgot how cdc there is liao esp now after covid dunno got wat changes again 

3 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Orh.. issit cos the eye test only on weekdays? Sat dun have half day in morn ah? Paiseh i forgot how cdc there is liao esp now after covid dunno got wat changes again 

Ah have lah. But also must book Appt 😂 and normal school days we're not free on Saturday also. We really only have weekday evenings to do this.