SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B at BBDC or CDC?

Go to solution Solved by snooptrader,

CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?

• BBDC
    • CDC

😱

there's no fixed time the lesson slots are released, right? 

somehow I read that I can only book one lesson at a time. Shall try when I can...

will you be trying to get UTAP funding? 

1 minute ago, Janeoh said:

😱

there's no fixed time the lesson slots are released, right? 

somehow I read that I can only book one lesson at a time. Shall try when I can...

will you be trying to get UTAP funding? 

CDC i dunno leh.. i enrol there 2 years ago but i was too short for the bikes and didnt think i could manage any further so i gave up when i pass lesson 1.. i have fren taking his lesson there but can still book multiple lessons leh.. maybe they recently changed? not too sure.. u try asking the instructors or CS to give u hints when they release the slots also.. ask nicely.. haha

nope.. didnt noe there would have any fundings for 2b license so din bother to check also.. just bite the bullet n pay cash 🤣

3 hours ago, Nakuru said:

CDC i dunno leh.. i enrol there 2 years ago but i was too short for the bikes and didnt think i could manage any further so i gave up when i pass lesson 1.. i have fren taking his lesson there but can still book multiple lessons leh.. maybe they recently changed? not too sure.. u try asking the instructors or CS to give u hints when they release the slots also.. ask nicely.. haha

nope.. didnt noe there would have any fundings for 2b license so din bother to check also.. just bite the bullet n pay cash 🤣

😂 still must pay cash first lah...the claim happens when the license is obtained. BUT must be NTUC member before starting the course.  That's why I'm like... looking here and there. 

will find out more about lesson booking as I go along but really there are like 3 slots available for the orientation... 😑 I think I can apply for NTUC member while I wait 😂

3 hours ago, Janeoh said:

Oh! So in the end u went with BBDC?
My hb and I just enrolled with CDC! 

Now i’m suddenly trying to see if I can get the UTAP funding from NTUC 😂 so don’t wanna book anything yet. Anyway, the CDC booking quite bad. For the Circuit orientation programme only have dates for the coming 1 week. Cannot book further in advance?!? 

Let’s see how this thing goes… I read that it can take up to 27 lessons to get a 2B license. 

Hi, yes, booked with BBDC. The reason was I can have a "stop over" if I learn there on the weekends. CDC while much closer to home... the traffic there is challenging... :D 

19 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Yay~ another rider to be.. do update ur progress.. faster go book ur lessons n start ur riding :D 

Im still taking my lessons.. haha.. could have passed today but i did stupid things so have to repeat.. 🌚

No, nothing you do is "stupid" when you are learning. These controlled environments make one more skilled when using it in real life scenarios... I'm sure you will do well! Guide us newbie learners please! 

I was on the way home from work when I saw a P-plater with armor jacket and full face helmet. Admirable and I'm already shopping for the jacket.. 

I could tell this rider was pretty new... he was shifting his left foot pretty hard on the gears.. which is indicative of new riders.. not so smooth I guess*.

*am a newbie so my observations could be flawed.. 

37 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

will find out more about lesson booking as I go along but really there are like 3 slots available for the orientation... 😑 I think I can apply for NTUC member while I wait 😂

Orientation go 1 time can liao.. n oso i think u better check with the customer service see whether the UTAP funding applies to 2B or not.. if not u waste time waiting sia

31 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

No, nothing you do is "stupid" when you are learning. These controlled environments make one more skilled when using it in real life scenarios... I'm sure you will do well! Guide us newbie learners please! 

I dunno y i went to bang into the cone during slalom n tts my last station for the circuit course.. most of the time no issue but i guess the magnetic field is strong at tt point of time.. 6 points + 1 immediate failure for both road n circuit.. hahaha 🌚

There are a few other posts on the forum tt gives tips too. But i will try to guide too if possible thou im not tt good either 😂

37 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

I was on the way home from work when I saw a P-plater with armor jacket and full face helmet. Admirable and I'm already shopping for the jacket.. 

Learner dun need get jacket n full face helmet.. just get the most basic stuffs can already.. learners cannot use full face helmet. Applies to all 3 schools.

16 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Orientation go 1 time can liao.. n oso i think u better check with the customer service see whether the UTAP funding applies to 2B or not.. if not u waste time waiting sia

Yeah I checked with CDC and UTAP website. It's one of the listed courses. 😊 now it's just a matter of getting the membership. Called ntuc yesterday, person said if I apply now, I'll only be a member in July. 😂 but seeing how long it takes to get an appropriate time slot, july seems feasible. 

2 hours ago, Nakuru said:

I dunno y i went to bang into the cone during slalom n tts my last station for the circuit course.. most of the time no issue but i guess the magnetic field is strong at tt point of time.. 6 points + 1 immediate failure for both road n circuit.. hahaha 🌚

There are a few other posts on the forum tt gives tips too. But i will try to guide too if possible thou im not tt good either 😂

Learner dun need get jacket n full face helmet.. just get the most basic stuffs can already.. learners cannot use full face helmet. Applies to all 3 schools.

Don't worry too much as am sure you will pass soon and get your 2B!

On learning; while fresh, will take your pointers on the lessons.... it's a wealth of current information. :)

I'm just getting an armor mesh jacket that I can use for a while... will see what sort of jackets they have :D

3 hours ago, Janeoh said:

Yeah I checked with CDC and UTAP website. It's one of the listed courses. 😊 now it's just a matter of getting the membership. Called ntuc yesterday, person said if I apply now, I'll only be a member in July. 😂 but seeing how long it takes to get an appropriate time slot, july seems feasible. 

Ohh.. didnt noe got such things sia.. wah.. now u make me damn curious to check out on this thing sia.. the website put this

All NTUC members can apply for UTAP. However, the following criteria must be met to be eligible for UTAP:

1.      Paid-up NTUC membership before course commenced, throughout whole course duration and at the point of claim

Dont know if i sign up now still got hope to claim or not.. hahahaha.. gotta check tomorrow during their working hours..

1 hour ago, snooptrader said:

Don't worry too much as am sure you will pass soon and get your 2B!

On learning; while fresh, will take your pointers on the lessons.... it's a wealth of current information. :)

I'm just getting an armor mesh jacket that I can use for a while... will see what sort of jackets they have :D

Thanks thanks ❤️ i hope i can pass too.. last hurdle b4 i can take my TP.. 😓

Also can.. but u might be a bit over dressed for lesson.. everyone wears t shirt with arm sleeves + armguard only.. haha.. if u are gonna buy a motorbike after u pass then by all means invest in a good quality 1.. i also have all my biker gears ready but i dun wear it for classes.. pass the lesson most important.. hahaha.. 

6 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Ohh.. didnt noe got such things sia.. wah.. now u make me damn curious to check out on this thing sia.. the website put this

All NTUC members can apply for UTAP. However, the following criteria must be met to be eligible for UTAP:

1.      Paid-up NTUC membership before course commenced, throughout whole course duration and at the point of claim

Dont know if i sign up now still got hope to claim or not.. hahahaha.. gotta check tomorrow during their working hours..

That's the part lor... that's why I haven't start 😂 but I read it after I paid the enrollment. 

i emailed them... let's see when the reply will happen. 

i did call them after I enrolled and the person said if I apply in June, my membership will only start in July. So I reckon wait a few days for the reply makes no diff since the membership will start in July regardless. 😂

6 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Thanks thanks ❤️ i hope i can pass too.. last hurdle b4 i can take my TP.. 😓

Also can.. but u might be a bit over dressed for lesson.. everyone wears t shirt with arm sleeves + armguard only.. haha.. if u are gonna buy a motorbike after u pass then by all means invest in a good quality 1.. i also have all my biker gears ready but i dun wear it for classes.. pass the lesson most important.. hahaha.. 

Ok, will take that advice of using t-shirt with arm-sleeves. I agree with passing then getting more gear. Right now, with COE prices, I think it is best to wait until a recession hits.

1 hour ago, Janeoh said:

i did call them after I enrolled and the person said if I apply in June, my membership will only start in July. So I reckon wait a few days for the reply makes no diff since the membership will start in July regardless. 😂

Im gonna just live chat later see what they says also.. if can claim majority i dun mind getting the union membership for 1 year sia.. i spent about 1k so far le.. hahaha 

Ok, will take that advice of using t-shirt with arm-sleeves. I agree with passing then getting more gear. Right now, with COE prices, I think it is best to wait until a recession hits.

Ya 10k sia. Crazy. Dun think the recession will hit anytime soon. But u can consider getting a 2nd hand bike for a start since u may still lack in riding experience even after u pass 2B.. 

1 hour ago, Nakuru said:

Im gonna just live chat later see what they says also.. if can claim majority i dun mind getting the union membership for 1 year sia.. i spent about 1k so far le.. hahaha 

Ya 10k sia. Crazy. Dun think the recession will hit anytime soon. But u can consider getting a 2nd hand bike for a start since u may still lack in riding experience even after u pass 2B.. 

cool! Let me know how it goes? I also wondering should apply first or start first. 

cos based on our timing/availability maybe it'll take more than a year to get license 😂

... I've been waiting for recession for a long time liao 🫣

45 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

cool! Let me know how it goes? I also wondering should apply first or start first. 

cos based on our timing/availability maybe it'll take more than a year to get license 😂

... I've been waiting for recession for a long time liao 🫣

Ok so i just checked with the live agent.. apparently they can backdate your membership so that it starts before your course date. But its only worth it if u're already a ntuc member unless u're 40 and above. 

As UTAP Funding is 50% of the unfunded course fee capped at $250 a year. If you are above 40 years old it will be 50% of the unfunded course fee capped at $500 till 31 December 2022.

So for my case, i signed up 2B last dec. I need to pay from dec 2021 - nov 2022 which would be 117. So i can only claim 250 for this year and probably some amount in dec 2021.. savings is probably like 150 for mi.. sounds abit mafan to go thru the hassle cos i still have to go down to one marina boulevard ntuc center specially to make payment.. 

1 hour ago, Nakuru said:

Ok so i just checked with the live agent.. apparently they can backdate your membership so that it starts before your course date. But its only worth it if u're already a ntuc member unless u're 40 and above. 

As UTAP Funding is 50% of the unfunded course fee capped at $250 a year. If you are above 40 years old it will be 50% of the unfunded course fee capped at $500 till 31 December 2022.

So for my case, i signed up 2B last dec. I need to pay from dec 2021 - nov 2022 which would be 117. So i can only claim 250 for this year and probably some amount in dec 2021.. savings is probably like 150 for mi.. sounds abit mafan to go thru the hassle cos i still have to go down to one marina boulevard ntuc center specially to make payment.. 

Wow! Thanks for checking 😊 I'll just apply now and don't need to start so soon, since no time slot also 😑

And we're both >40 😂 that's why it's worth it. 

Wah lao.. really damn worth it for both u and ur husb. 500 leh.. i only turning 40 in few more years.. still far from it.. but good that u both are learning together.. can exchange tips etc.. but it is gonna be hard to book the same lessons if u 2 wanna go together thou.. need to really camp on their app de. Actually i think u can check with them see whether ur membership date can start this month or not then u can enrol and start booking for lessons already. Just contact the live chat for assistance

40 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Wah lao.. really damn worth it for both u and ur husb. 500 leh.. i only turning 40 in few more years.. still far from it.. but good that u both are learning together.. can exchange tips etc.. but it is gonna be hard to book the same lessons if u 2 wanna go together thou.. need to really camp on their app de. Actually i think u can check with them see whether ur membership date can start this month or not then u can enrol and start booking for lessons already. Just contact the live chat for assistance

I live chat them and they said if I apply using MyNtuc App it can start immediately!

so really I just need to find the time slot to start then it'll be quite smooth already 😂😂😂 in terms of UTAP. Hahahah the rest not so sure 😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Janeoh said:

I live chat them and they said if I apply using MyNtuc App it can start immediately!

so really I just need to find the time slot to start then it'll be quite smooth already 😂😂😂 in terms of UTAP. Hahahah the rest not so sure 😜

go go go!! faster go book lesson n start ur lesson loh~~ 🤣 

On 6/9/2022 at 7:44 AM, Nakuru said:

I don't think I will buy a bike so soon.. I want to see how I can really handle the vehicle or not.. I mean, riding is really being able to survive the roads...
(Don't laugh but I've a penchant for scooters) Though I like bikes...

*sorry for late reply as work was really busy and ironically, on a Friday, where most are out. I'm just chilling behind my screen... LOL

1 minute ago, snooptrader said:

would you buy a bike after you pass? :D

HAHA i.. already bought 1 but its a white elephant sitting in the carpark now.. tts y i wanna faster finish my license.. hahaha.. i got it 2nd hand b4 the coe went crazy.. i was thinking of getting a scooter but i end up getting the bike im using in sch with nice mods from previous owner.. 

Just now, Nakuru said:

HAHA i.. already bought 1 but its a white elephant sitting in the carpark now.. tts y i wanna faster finish my license.. hahaha.. i got it 2nd hand b4 the coe went crazy.. i was thinking of getting a scooter but i end up getting the bike im using in sch with nice mods from previous owner.. 

Nice!!!! Is it the Honda CBR 150? I'm thinking of getting the CBR159 ExMotion...

4 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

No.. im using the msx cos im short.. haha the bbdc n ssdc both is cbr190r for the normal bikes thou. 

I'm now watching vids on all the Class 2B bikes... hahahaha.... KTMs... looks nice.. but just like commuter bikes...

I'm now watching vids on all the Class 2B bikes... hahahaha.... KTMs... looks nice.. but just like commuter bikes...

Hahaha.. most importantly is what style u like.. streets? sports? Cafe racer? Scooter? Etc etc.. then from here can narrow down ur selection.. haha 

31 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Hahaha.. most importantly is what style u like.. streets? sports? Cafe racer? Scooter? Etc etc.. then from here can narrow down ur selection.. haha 

Definitely street bikes (aka fighter) naked bikes for roads... so MT-15 as a strong contender...  Scooter is great when wearing office wear.... :D