SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[SSDC] Class 2A (2016)

ahmad0410

How many practical lesson in total before TP?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How many practical lesson in total before TP?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya just now went no more red Super 4s alrdy. All new black CB400F. Maybe they still have the super fours for TP?

Enrolled 2B: 11 Apr 2009

Passed Prac 1: 6 May 2009

Passed Prac 2: 15 June 2009

Passed Prac 3: 14 July 2009

Passed Prac 4: 3 August 2009

Passed Prac 5: 15 August 2009

Passed Prac 6: 17 September 2009

Passed Prac 7: 12 October 2009

Passed Prac 8: 19 October 2009

Passed TP: 3 December 2009

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Went for circuit revision yesterday. I can't seem to do crank course and figure of 8 smoothly. Any pointers? I think I'm not gaining enough speed or shifting to second gear at the correct time.

For me figure of 8 i first half maintain throttle then second half i just close throttle and let it cruise haha. Must dare to lean. For crank course take your time, 6 second i think take own sweet time also alright one. My bigger worry is bumpy course haha

• 2 weeks later...

I found that I tend to hold the rear brake down when I go through figure of 8. Getting better at crank course after an instructor told me to shift to gear two around the first turn.

Bumpy course no problem, but I think I'm going through it too quickly. What's the timing for bumpy course?

• 1 month later...
I found that I tend to hold the rear brake down when I go through figure of 8. Getting better at crank course after an instructor told me to shift to gear two around the first turn.

Bumpy course no problem, but I think I'm going through it too quickly. What's the timing for bumpy course?

6 secs for 2A.

Grip tank with knees, use the stretch of pavement to regulate your speed with half clutch until its slower than walking speed before you hit the first bumpy block.

Look down 2-3 blocks in front of you.

Use the momentum to gently clear the blocks.

Always keep the clutch at the biting point until you clear the course. Don't solely rely on momentum and clutch in all the way until you clear.

If you feel not enough power or feel wobbly just release the clutch to regain a bit of power. If feel like going too fast clutch in a bit, if still too fast use rear brake...if really super fast add in front brake also.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No go for first lesson. Didn't feel I have alot issues, just need to get use to the motions and circuits.

2 things

- Bumpy : I actually think I am getting okay with it. Only had 3 / 4 gos at it?

- Pyalom : I have always been bad with this even during 2B. Can somebody detail again on the open and close throttle sequence.

Other than that, I think it was pretty alright.

No go for first lesson. Didn't feel I have alot issues, just need to get use to the motions and circuits.

2 things

- Bumpy : I actually think I am getting okay with it. Only had 3 / 4 gos at it?

- Pyalom : I have always been bad with this even during 2B. Can somebody detail again on the open and close throttle sequence.

Other than that, I think it was pretty alright.

Hmm, for Pylom i always cant remember consciously opening and closing throttle. Just open when you feel like you're losing speed. But anw, I think the drill is to quickly open your throttle each time you're on the left side of the cone ready to head to another cone for it to get upright and let it cruise through the next gap then repeat.