SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

101 ways to sell your bike...

RainXP

Originally posted by xwei54@February 14, 2007 03:19 am

LTA side, we pay only the transfer fee right? no other admin charges? if go bike shop do need to pay the bike shop?

yes

if u choose to do ownership transfer thru bikeshops

they will impose an additional surcharge on top of the ownership transfer fee payable

:goodluck:

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

....=[ R E P S O L ]=....

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by xwei54@February 14, 2007 06:32 pm

about how much and how long will it take?

different shop charge differently

the surcharge can be anything frm $20 and onwards bah

if u have the time might as well go down to LTA HQ at Sin Ming to do the transfer yrself. save the money + able to complete the transfer on the spot

if go thru bikeshop may take one day or even a few days if the shop is slow

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

• 4 weeks later...

After reading thru this thread still abit blur. What is COI? Also if I wanna sell my bike to bike shop, what are the money that I can get back? Can break it down to make it easier to see? Eg.

Amount I paid:

Machine price - $1300

Insurance - $700

Total - $2000

Downpayment - $1000

Installment - $60 for 18 months

Installment haven't pay finish then I wanna sell to bike shop or other people. How does the money part work?

I've read through most of the thread, but, would still like a little confirmation and re-assurance from you kind lot of Singapore Bikers please?

OK the situation is: -

I'm a new Amoh expat to Singapore....I've confirmed with the Traffic police that my licence is fully transferrable; I've confirmed with an insurance company that I can get insurance for the bike I'm just about to agree to buy. The bike is from a private seller.

What I'd like to know is the steps & sequence of them that I need to do to buy the bike and be legally on the road.

Is this as simple as: -

1. get Ins...which for an 06 bike, will only need some details of the bike including licence plate number, but, will not need a copy of the log card?

2. pay the dude his money and go together to LTA to do the transfer and pay the fees -- will need ID and proof of Insurance -- anything else?

I think from the thread the COE and ERP gizmo box are all thinsg registered to the bike and so nothing needed here; am I correct?

Anything I'm missing?

...it's all about the angle of your dangle...

Originally posted by Samicksports@March 13, 2007 05:46 pm

After reading thru this thread still abit blur. What is COI? Also if I wanna sell my bike to bike shop, what are the money that I can get back? Can break it down to make it easier to see? Eg.

Amount I paid:

Machine price - $1300

Insurance - $700

Total - $2000

Downpayment - $1000

Installment - $60 for 18 months

Installment haven't pay finish then I wanna sell to bike shop or other people. How does the money part work?

COI stands for carry on installment

for bikes which are still under installment and you intend to sell/trade in back to bikeshops, u may or may not be able to get back a sum of money from the shop u r selling to. this depends on the price that the shop is willing to offer for yr vehicle

there can be 3 scenarios.

1st scenario: price the shop offer u is higher than the amount of installments u have remaining for yr vehicle. in this case, you get to keep the excessive money after clearing the remaining installments.

example:

remaining installments = 5 x $80 = $400

price shop offer you = $1000

u get to keep $1000 - $400 = $600

2nd scenario: price shop offer u is less than the remaining amount of installments. in this case, you do not get any money in return + still need to topup some money to clear the remaining installments in order for u to sell-off/trade-in the bike

3rd scenario: price offered = amount of remaining installments. in this case, u sell off yr bike w/o any net change in the amount of money in yr wallet.

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

Originally posted by star1970@March 19, 2007 03:40 pm

I've read through most of the thread, but, would still like a little confirmation and re-assurance from you kind lot of Singapore Bikers please?

OK the situation is: -

I'm a new Amoh expat to Singapore....I've confirmed with the Traffic police that my licence is fully transferrable; I've confirmed with an insurance company that I can get insurance for the bike I'm just about to agree to buy. The bike is from a private seller.

What I'd like to know is the steps & sequence of them that I need to do to buy the bike and be legally on the road.

Is this as simple as: -

1. get Ins...which for an 06 bike, will only need some details of the bike including licence plate number, but, will not need a copy of the log card?

2. pay the dude his money and go together to LTA to do the transfer and pay the fees -- will need ID and proof of Insurance -- anything else?

I think from the thread the COE and ERP gizmo box are all thinsg registered to the bike and so nothing needed here; am I correct?

Anything I'm missing?

the 2 steps u listed in yr post are correct.

but, i'm not too sure what the term "fully transferable" means

could it mean:

1. u still need to send in an application for a Singapore licence, to be issued to you upon producing the licence issued by yr home country?

2. or does it mean that you do not need to physically obtain a Singapore licence and you are able to carry out transactions with the insurance company & LTA using the licence issued by yr home country?

since you are purchasing a 2nd hand vehicle, it would have already come with an existing COE (albeit the remaining number of years it is valid for varies from vehicle to vehicle).

however, not all 2nd hand vehicles come with an ERP IU unit (most do, but not all). if the vehicle does have an existing IU unit, u need to confirm with the seller whether he is passing on the unit to u. if not, a new IU unit will probably set u back by ard S$150.

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

• 1 month later...

hi , My Road Tax and Insurance ends on the same day .

Can i renew the road tax first for the buyer or must my road tax cover my insurance ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/powieee/DSC00788.jpg

Riders are naturally more daring then Drivers , cause Riders are constantly facing danger on the road.

If u're enthusiast of a G4...$$$ is secondary....

Anyone ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/powieee/DSC00788.jpg

Riders are naturally more daring then Drivers , cause Riders are constantly facing danger on the road.

If u're enthusiast of a G4...$$$ is secondary....

Originally posted by Powieee@April 20, 2007 01:02 pm

hi , My Road Tax and Insurance ends on the same day .

Can i renew the road tax first for the buyer or must my road tax cover my insurance ?

the insurance should at least cover the time period that u intend to renew the road tax for.

so technically u need to renew yr insurance before u can renew yr road tax.

if u intend to renew the road tax for some potential buyer for yr bike, i think u r better off by giving him/her a $40 discount off yr selling price than to go thru the process of renewing the road tax for him/her.

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

• 2 months later...

Hi All

Have some question on this:

I have this friend, owner and insurance is under his name. But i`m the sub rider under the insurance.

Do i need to purchase another insurance under my name to do the transfer at LTA?

Thanks

errr... quick question here.....

me itchy to get another bike (private sale).... but no time to go down LTA during weekday.... now can i just go to any bike shop after office hours on a weekday and get them to help with transfer? i just need to give them IC rite....

Can i take bike straight away???

pls advice......guys........

I . L . T . N . N

Hi All

Have some question on this:

I have this friend, owner and insurance is under his name. But i`m the sub rider under the insurance.

Do i need to purchase another insurance under my name to do the transfer at LTA?

Thanks

Any bro sure of this above? cheers

• 1 month later...
Any bro sure of this above? cheers

whoops

guess this thread has been a ghost thread some quite some time

anyway, for transfer of ownership, u will need to produce the NRIC of the bike owner + the owner must be present at the spot doing the transfer (if not need a proper authorisation form from owner. form can be downloaded frm LTA website).

so for yr case, cause u r subrider. there's no way u can transfer the bike to another person's name. u will need help from the main rider. :)

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

errr... quick question here.....

me itchy to get another bike (private sale).... but no time to go down LTA during weekday.... now can i just go to any bike shop after office hours on a weekday and get them to help with transfer? i just need to give them IC rite....

Can i take bike straight away???

pls advice......guys........

if the bikeshop is able to process the insurance documents for the bike straight away, then u can ride the bike straight away, while they are still in the process of getting the bike ownership transfered.

if not, most likely will need to leave the documents with the bikeshop. as for the bike, it will be good to have it already parked at yr carpark. u never knw wat may happen to the bike if it is left at the bikeshop too. :cheeky:

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

• 2 weeks later...

guys...i got confused wid sum of tha process on sellin n buying..

like, take example... if i wanna buy a bike from sumone, n tha bike still under hire purchase..n i understand tat mos of tha bike shop wil ask 3 months upfront, then after i upfront, will tha installment's months b cut by 3 ( e.g 37mths to 34 mths ) ....?? n if i wanna refinance, does tha price follow tha seller's price or by shop's price ( eg : seller quote $9000, will tha reloan start's from 9000 or higher? ) thks

• 2 weeks later...

hope you guys clear this up...

i'm buying bike machine price $1.5k from private seller who wants full cash. otr price estimate will be around $2.2k. can i reloan everything (machine price + insurance) from the bike shop? what is the usual minimum downpay? i'm only able to payback long term let say 2 years. is $500 enough to downpay?

thanks in advance..

i dont want to be ccchhoopp. :cheeky:

Do Not Speed

the 2 steps u listed in yr post are correct.

but, i'm not too sure what the term "fully transferable" means

could it mean:

1. u still need to send in an application for a Singapore licence, to be issued to you upon producing the licence issued by yr home country?

2. or does it mean that you do not need to physically obtain a Singapore licence and you are able to carry out transactions with the insurance company & LTA using the licence issued by yr home country?

since you are purchasing a 2nd hand vehicle, it would have already come with an existing COE (albeit the remaining number of years it is valid for varies from vehicle to vehicle).

however, not all 2nd hand vehicles come with an ERP IU unit (most do, but not all). if the vehicle does have an existing IU unit, u need to confirm with the seller whether he is passing on the unit to u. if not, a new IU unit will probably set u back by ard S$150.

hi, i'm malaysian....just to comfirm.....

1) if i buy 2nd hand bike by cash.....is the transfer of ownership is the same as mention in this topic?

2) planned to use the bike in malaysia only, do i need to enter singapore every month?

3) do i need to bring back the bike to singapore in order to renew the road tax?

4) about COE, if expired, how to renew? is it applicable to me?

5) can i convert my malaysia licence to singapore license? for info, my license in malaysia is B ( above 250cc).

anybody know the exact procedures for malaysian to buy a singapore bikes and use it it malaysia only.....thanx.

1) if i buy 2nd hand bike by cash.....is the transfer of ownership is the same as mention in this topic?

2) planned to use the bike in malaysia only, do i need to enter singapore every month?

3) do i need to bring back the bike to singapore in order to renew the road tax?

5) can i convert my malaysia licence to singapore license? for info, my license in malaysia is B ( above 250cc).

anybody know the exact procedures for malaysian to buy a singapore bikes and use it it malaysia only.....thanx.

mayb can try de-register the bike frm SG then export to msia.. since u not riding in SG then y waste $$ to pay COE, rd tax n insurance here... can try callin LTA(1800-2255 582) to ask bah.. gd luck in buyin ur bike.. :thumb:

http://forum.geizhals.at/files/2455/Vfr_logo.jpg

if de-reg then export to m'sia....cost a lot of money, better i buy in malaysia......is it really expensive to renew COE ( is it applicable to me) , road tax and insurance? damn expensive????

hmm.. didnt noe the de-reg n export very ex :p anyway u noe hw much?? COE applicable to SG registered vehicles... if u buyin 2nd hand bike then the COE comes with it, only renew when expiring..

for the rd tax, insurance wise depends on CC, age and riding experience...

tis is roughly hw much i paid for ins,rd tax, coe

class 2B(200 and below cc)

rd tax is = $80/yr,

insurance = $120+.. u cannot compare mine coz mine bought under my dads name.. tat time the premium is not calculated according to the younger/lesser experience rider...

10 yrs COE = not up yet so nvr renew

and now my class 2A(201-400cc)

rd tax.. $154

insurance = $469 (25yrs old)

10 yrs COE = $1016 (bought in MAY)

http://forum.geizhals.at/files/2455/Vfr_logo.jpg

no need.

no need, but normally(legally) a roadtax will be post to a s'pore addr.

legally, COE expiry must renew in order to have a valid S'pore roadtax & insurance.

can, go take theory test, but can convert to 2B class only(below 200cc) the rest u have to take TP test go to same procedure as all the license holder did, after one yr 2A & another one yr class2. class 3 for car can just convert.

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys.

just some questions here. hope u guys here can clear my doubts. =)

here goes.

i am going to get a bike form a fellow forummer here. so according to my fren, firstly u gotta get yr own insurance first b4 u can do the transfer of ownership at lta right? ok put that aside.

now the owner of the bike says he wants to do transfer at a bike shop and including cancelling of his insurance and getting my insurance too as he says its easier and convenient this way. so my question is which is more cheaper? doing it ourselves or at the bike shop? and if we do at bike shop, must i get my insurance thru them? i dun think so right?

thanks guys once agn... =)

oya.. if do at bikeshop, is the transfer with immediate effect?

D437S Gi-pro Dynamx volt RCS 19 Gianelli W custom SK silencer BMC air filt H&BJr 40L Scottoiler Bridgesport L valve HID Ventura headl PR3 Custom made radiator guard 3M Carbon IU Ohlins YA-041 BMW grips Motovation front fork & rear axle slider Barend slider Titax adjustable clutch Crampbuster Ram Mount W Aquabox USB charger Custom made Sargent Inspired seats@eugene saddlery