SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

101 ways to sell your bike...

RainXP

hi there, i m facing a problem here. i am the main rider but not the owner of my bike. i m selling and have alr seal a deal with a new buyer. the problem is, the previous owner play bast*rd and dun wan to go LTA due to personal problems ( the previous owner is a lady and is my brother's friend, now NOT anymore). Is there a solution for me to successfully sell my bike? Can this be a police case in terms of cheating or smth lidat? i have alr full cash the bike previously.

hope to get some constructive replies. thanks !

im in the same situation as u, onli the owner is a shop. but do i have a case coz i got all the receipts to prove dat i pay in full? seriously im so damn tulan. he nvr give me face n make me difficult, so im finding a way to make it difficult for him too.

good things come to those who wait

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
wanna ask if i sign the bike for 6 yrs.. n i have ride 2 yrs.. but i haven break even.. so can i still sell my bike to shop? wat is the penatly when haven break even..

Take an example that you still have an outstanding of 48 mths of $300 loan:

Total amount outstanding: $14400

Let's say bike shop takes in your bike at $12000, you will need to pay up the rest of the $2400 for them

Take an example that you still have an outstanding of 48 mths of $300 loan:

Total amount outstanding: $14400

Let's say bike shop takes in your bike at $12000, you will need to pay up the rest of the $2400 for them

ohhhh ok... coz heard some ppl say juz pay the $800 for juz the penalty then ok le..

ohhhh ok... coz heard some ppl say juz pay the $800 for juz the penalty then ok le..

no. I have not included any misc/admin/early charges that might incur. Depending on the terms in the HP that you signed, there might be an early settlement fee or what not. I know of shops who do that. So be prepared.

no. I have not included any misc/admin/early charges that might incur. Depending on the terms in the HP that you signed, there might be an early settlement fee or what not. I know of shops who do that. So be prepared.

ohhh ok thx anyway..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Hi SBF,

got buyer COI my bike but i need lawyer to draft an agreement.

Does anyone know where to find?

pls help.tks

Just go to any private law firm , they may charge you a small fee to draft the simple agreement between seller and buyer .

But how does that help you ? If yr buyer default on his payment , even u have a black n white with Buyer , the very most for u is to sue him for default ....

Dear senior bros, i have a scenario here hope u all can help me asap.

A is the seller, B is buyer. B not yet get license. Bike is still under COI 23 months. Can transfer of ownership be done?[/quote

If i am not wrong , A must full settle 23mths b4 ownership transfer , unless the finance party agree that B is the new borrower , and agree to the transfer .

LTA has no issue on ownership transfers as long as both willing parties are present at the counter for the transfer .

But i think the system will reveal if the respective bike is under financing or not , cos legally A may bear the name on the logcard , but the Finance Company or bikeshop is the rightful owner...... transfers in this case maybe problematic .

• 1 month later...
i need help!!! anyone know where do ppl do refinace?? or a loan??

If u wan to reloan from bike shops, u can try bike production or everbright..

FR1930T - NSR 150 SP | FV5049R - Wave S 125 | FBC2986C - Spark 135T | FQ3319B - NSR 250 SE | FW37C - Kawasaki ZX6R | FBC7663X - Suzuki An125 | FV4801S - Piaggio X9 Almafi | FL70M - RSV4 Factory | FP9492Z - NSR 250 SP | FT3105K - Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi there,

This is kinda of random, but can I know how to post thread to sell my bike ? I don't seem to be able to; any reasons ? Your help will be appreciated. Thanks

I had the same problem. Realized the reason only after i read the top few post in garage sales section. You'll need to have at least 50 post in order to post in garage sales section.

pls off topic here, i really nid help. My demerit points is 0 points laio. meaning cannot minus anymore or will gantong..

I wish to knw, parking on curb. what is the charge n summon like, got demerit pts? ty

I tink u can check ur pts at the TP wbsite...

Rider Can Be Driver, But Driver Cannot Be Rider......

• 1 month later...

Hi, I've a situation that need help.

A relative of mine died in an motorcycle accident, he still has an outstanding loan of 19K from the bikeshop. We've been placed in an option to either repair the bike and hope for a new buyer (which needs refinancing from shop) or to sell the bike to them and pay whatever outstanding amount to the shop. Its a class2 bike registered in 2009.

We're trying to find a solution that will incur the least cost to us. Would it be better to sell it to the shop or is it easier to find a buyer bearing in mind the loan amount

Appreciate you inputs alot.

Hi, I've a situation that need help.

A relative of mine died in an motorcycle accident, he still has an outstanding loan of 19K from the bikeshop. We've been placed in an option to either repair the bike and hope for a new buyer (which needs refinancing from shop) or to sell the bike to them and pay whatever outstanding amount to the shop. Its a class2 bike registered in 2009.

We're trying to find a solution that will incur the least cost to us. Would it be better to sell it to the shop or is it easier to find a buyer bearing in mind the loan amount

Appreciate you inputs alot.

repair it, and try sell to ppl online

if sell to shop , they will purchase from u with a lower cost .

though its easier to wash your hands off

the buyer needs:

i) a valid insurance covering him FOR THAT NEW BIKE prior to the transfer.

ii) both his and the seller's NRIC to initiate the transfer.

iii) the original logcard for that bike.

Roadtax is for the bike, it does not relate to the buying/selling process at all.

1. Can buy a insurance when u nt the owner yet?

ans: yes. but you need the logcard in order for the ins company to calculate the amount. So photostat 1 from the seller in advance b4 going to the ins company.

2. Road tax transferable?

ans: there is no need to transfer. The roadtax goes along with the bike, not the owner. As long as the bike is still road legal, it should have a road tax.

3. Insurance transferable?

ans: depends on companies. Mostly no. However it is possible to refund the un-utilised period. So you can cancel and refund the seller's ins policy, and then top up to purchase your ins. policy.

4. Do I need to send bike for inspection b4 selling?

ans: check with the owner. He shd have received the letter to go for inspection b4 he can renew his road tax. You can also call LTA to check in advance, to see if there is any late renewal payment for road tax/fines.

5. COE transferable?

ans: no. renewable but non-transferable.

whats a logcard,how to get it..dnt remmbr mine having one logcard?

~Please Ride N Drive Safely.~

if u cant,its ok,but dont bring harm to other ppl.

wana die,go die alone.dnt bring innnocent ppl along.

OKae!

hi,

im intending to take over a bike. is it possible to transfer my current insurance policy from my current bike to the new bike im taking over? its possible if im not wrong.

and if i transfer the policy over, my current bike will not have a valid insurance, does that mean i will have to lay it up? or i can jus leave it and wait for a new owner to take over. cos im currently trying to sell it.

worst case scenerio will be im unable to sell my current bike before i take over my new bike. if that's the case, and im unwilling to lay my current bike up cos v troublesome for the next buyer, i will have to lay up my new bike instead. question is, this new bike has been inspected less than a week ago. if i lay it up and unlay when i manage to sell my current bike, do i have to send for inspection all over again? or i can jus get the road tax.

thank you for reading. pls advice.