SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] TRIUMPH Speed Triple Riders

desewer

The Oct issue of Fast Bikes mag have the speed triple SE as its centerfold...(if u still can get yer hands on that issue) :)

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm152/motopersonified/Sepangmotogp.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm152/motopersonified/aprilia1st.jpg

Personified Motosports..Dealer for R&G Racing Products

Call 97978686

Visit Personified Motosports Facebook for More Motorcycle Madness

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001193148916

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks, am now up to 180kms.....even below 5k rpm its a lot of fun, glad I bought it!

I bought my Speed Triple a couple months back and I have it up to 1300 km now, so now good for 8000 rpm. I am immensely happy with this bike (my sixth) - it just keeps getting better and better. Watch out for wet painted places with the SportTec M3 tires though. IMHO you have made a great choice. Enjoy.

I have a full protection set of frame protection,front and rear sliders for 2009/2010 speed triple that just arrived from R&G U.K..

pm me if u keen

cheers

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm152/motopersonified/Sepangmotogp.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm152/motopersonified/aprilia1st.jpg

Personified Motosports..Dealer for R&G Racing Products

Call 97978686

Visit Personified Motosports Facebook for More Motorcycle Madness

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001193148916

Witnessed yet another R1 with a lovely great top box installed. This one is colour coded to the bike. Yummy.

Thats three R1's I,ve come across with box's on ( or the same bike 3 times ).

Monday morning about 7.30 am, close to Alexandra on the AYE. Red and white R1 on an FU plate.

Shamefull sir!

:pity:

Forever the Foreigner

Shamefull sir!

:pity:

Back in the UK a couple of weeks ago my nearest Triumph dealer had a green Street in with a top box on and hard racks for panniers. Sorry but no matter what way you cut it, colour coded or not, it just looks wrong in so many ways.

The dealer did say it was less than a year old and the owner had covered 11,000 miles on the continent half way to Asia and back, not one issue or breakdown, says a lot aout the reliability.

Just got around to fitting my GBR protection package, looks good and unobtrusive and fitted quite easily too. (sorry Personified).

I see a guy riding a black Speed based in Loyang industial area, never caught the plate or a look at the guy, too quick! Anybody here?

Vara is gone but back strain lingers on o_O

My Street R had a box on it when I bought it, even Mah didn't want it after I asked them. It was colour coded Mat Grey also.

So had to ride it back , then to work with the box on. Its now collecting dust at work.

If anyone saw me " It wasn't my fault ".

Paniers , oh no. Saw a Ducati Hyper Motard outside Thomson Plaza with a box and paniers..I know what you mean. Its just wrong. Didn't see if it had the usual reflective arrows on them though.

Should be reserved for ST1100's, Honda super 4's and phantoms.

Nice one with the GBR protectors, the side case protectors are still looking good on my bike, the colour hasn't faded.

Forever the Foreigner

I bought my Speed Triple a couple months back and I have it up to 1300 km now, so now good for 8000 rpm. I am immensely happy with this bike (my sixth) - it just keeps getting better and better. Watch out for wet painted places with the SportTec M3 tires though. IMHO you have made a great choice. Enjoy.

Am still a happy bunny despite not being able to pile on the miles yet....thanks for the advice on the tyres, still getting used to the front end - am more used to a sports bike which has more weight over the front wheel, plus I never liked the wet anyway....having said that am getting used to it and starting to dump it into the corners...a bit haha...like the nice corner off changi coast road at bottom of runway on the way to work.....when they're not digging a hole and taxi's aren't practicing the usual three lane blindfold slalom.... :-)

:puke::slapforehead:

Yeah I feel the same when I get stuck in traffic, behind the reflective arrows pointing outwards on paniers.

Remind me of the back view of a mobile crane.

Edited by crazytown

Forever the Foreigner

:cool:

hehe, glad you like it..... and now the least you can do is post a picture of your ST?? :-)

Congrats brucey on your spanking new bike,looks all shiny for now hehe,,, I have a all black S3 with sliders and arrow low boy 08 model, maybe a S3 meet up be good over star bucks and a ride after.

~Known is a droplet, unknown is the ocean~

Here's my present bike.....great bike it is too.

And the other is the VMax it replaced.....I cannot descibe the difference in handling.

VMax was sold to SBF member.

V MAX 009.jpg

Photo0014.jpg

V MAX 001.jpg

V MAX 011.jpg

Edited by crazytown

Forever the Foreigner

Here's my present bike.....great bike it is too.

And the other is the VMax it replaced.....I cannot descibe the difference in handling.

VMax was sold to SBF member.

Sweet machine indeed...however am a little concerned at the hint of a top-box frame on the back of the bike...I mean surely I'm mistaken??

Yours,

most concerned :?

Mmm.

Seems I need to explain myself again.

I bought the bike and it did have a box on it.

For a day.

But.

My bike is the only transport owned between a family of four, I ride everyday ,rain or shine.

The "rack" is useful for big bags of pampers, crates of beer, Indian take aways , etc, etc.

All this stuff is secured by an elastic cargo net.

We don't use a car, other than a taxi.

I would never insult my bike ( and myself ) by putting a box on it.

Its under my desk if you feel the need mate ;)

Edited by crazytown
smelling piss takes

Forever the Foreigner

OK, did read your earlier explanation, but the rack had me worried......however you're completely vindicated by the reference to Indian take-aways and Beer! ....don't be tempted with the top box mate, even in emergency...you just know the reflective arrows will be next... haha!

Lordy Lordy :slapforehead:

Brucey.....When I got the Vmax in 2001 it also had a box on it ( dont ask me ), I was enroute to the Lower Seletar Res Dam Road in the early hours one Saturday night, tried to out corner a VFR400, failing miserably, and had to pull up at the next lights alongside the rider.

He leaned over to me and said " Your box lid is open ".

It was flapping in the wind in its full glory :sorry:

It was condenmed to the spare room after that.

I blame this on working on a mountainside in Taiwan for a year, prior to my introduction to Singapore :thumb:

Before that I had ripped around Hong Kong for a few years on a slingshot 750. No box or fairing, visiting various bars where I would, eventually, lose my clothes. I actually gave that bike away for a beer before I left there.

Ah Hong Kong, funny old game......probably best I,m married now.

Edited by crazytown

Forever the Foreigner

I feel a need to give a link to a song everytime I post.

So I'm going to kick off with a great track. My head is full of this while filtering trough traffic on busy roads on the street Triple.

Cheers

Forever the Foreigner

with more onew owners (street or speed) i think we shld have a meetup soon to put faces to nammes..

I recently added some nice parts.. included a rizoma cup engine and crank slider.. top notch quality..

for speed owners, the rizoma is highly recomended.. is farking awesome.. i wish i ride a speed after seeing the parts... :angel: