SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] TRIUMPH Speed Triple Riders

desewer

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Me! I'm going with my dad on Sunday morning.

Just got back from Malaysia last night.

We witnessed Marco Simoncelli's fatal crash, it was a terrible accident.

We didn't learn of his death until we had returned to our hotel a couple of hours after the incident but it was obvious what had happened.

RIP Marco !!! 58 will not be forgotten.

Edited by crazytown

Forever the Foreigner

Just got back from Malaysia last night.

We witnessed Marco Simoncelli's fatal crash, it was a terrible accident.

We didn't learn of his death until we had returned to our hotel a couple of ours after the incident but it was obviously what had happened.

RIP Marco !!! 58 will not be forgotten.

#58 is one of my fav riders. I just saw him on the podium last week. RIP Super Sic.

The crowd around us were stunned by the crash. He was laying on the track for ages.

My brother had a camera with a strong zoom on it and to see Marco there, in the track not moving was really shocking.

I have not watched any reply on the net or seen footage of the crash on tv, watching the accident take place in front of your eyes is sad enough.

So sad, such a talent to lose his life at a very young age, racing for his dream and for our entertainment. I suppose you could say that he died doing what he loved, but for the people he has left behind and those that admired him and his skills / success. It is tragic.

:(

Forever the Foreigner

The crowd around us were stunned by the crash. He was laying on the track for ages.

My brother had a camera with a strong zoom on it and to see Marco there, in the track not moving was really shocking.

I have not watched any reply on the net or seen footage of the crash on tv, watching the accident take place in front of your eyes is sad enough.

So sad, such a talent to lose his life at a very young age, racing for his dream and for our entertainment. I suppose you could say that he died doing what he loved, but for the people he has left behind and those that admired him and his skills / success. It is tragic.

nicely said. whats even sadder is the crowd... wtf throw bottles and debris down. even steve parish said that simoncelli was gonna be a world champion. i saw him as an ''up and coming'' rider too... i loved his style. he would rather crash than settle for lower positions. i liked his personality alot too. what a loss for the racing world... :(:(

I watched some viedo clips on YouTube but I'm still puzzled why his helmet came off.

c26492.jpg

I watched some viedo clips on YouTube but I'm still puzzled why his helmet came off.

me too.

i believe he did not secure it.

it's a bad habit amongst racers.

especially due to heat, they try to put on helmet at the very last and sometimes fail to secure the strap properly.

otherwise really impossible for helmet to fly off.

whatever it was, RIP.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

82006675, 2 or 3 bikes so far. we be heading down to kulai for nasi lemak ~

Dude - sorry I didn't come back to check - I got so caught up with work. I've been itching for this Kulai nasi lemak for the longest time, never had a chance to go.

Well, hopefully soon. My number is 91276542. Please send me a text next outing! :)

-Ian

Class 3 = 02/07/2002

Class 2B = 24/04/2008

Class 2A = 22/12/2009

Class 2 = 10/02/2011

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

Hi,

I would like to know what's the common problem for Triumph. Honda have its rectifier & coil problem. Yamaha have its spark plug cap & TPS issue.

Any one care to share their opinion. Are parts really expensive and unavailable easily (pre-order)

Does the bike built up heat easily? Which part of the riders will contact with the heat?

Hope to receive some answer to my questions. Thanks a mil.

Yamaha RXZ - 2007 till date

Yamaha YZF R6 2008 - Jan 08' - Nov 11'

Triumph Street Triple 2012 - Nov 11' - till date

I've had no real issues with my Street R and done about 15000km on it.

The few parts I've bought have been available although I did have to wait a week for a new indicator lamp. This was about 100 dollars with tax , so you can make your own mind up about that.

The bike heats up reasonably quickly and the hotest part of my body when I,m on the bike is my head. I turn into a bit of a hooligan, I blame the bike of course, officer.

No hot parts come into contact with the rider.

Forever the Foreigner

me too.

i believe he did not secure it.

it's a bad habit amongst racers.

especially due to heat, they try to put on helmet at the very last and sometimes fail to secure the strap properly.

otherwise really impossible for helmet to fly off.

whatever it was, RIP.

Cannot believe that a racing rider DID NOT fasten his helmet strap. That's really shxtty to know ...

Hi,

I would like to know what's the common problem for Triumph. Honda have its rectifier & coil problem. Yamaha have its spark plug cap & TPS issue.

Any one care to share their opinion. Are parts really expensive and unavailable easily (pre-order)

Does the bike built up heat easily? Which part of the riders will contact with the heat?

Hope to receive some answer to my questions. Thanks a mil.

The only problem is that it makes me break the law (traffic) all the time ...

Oh one more thing, it makes it VERY difficult to decide on the next bike (if you plan to have a change).

c26492.jpg

I've had no real issues with my Street R and done about 15000km on it.

The few parts I've bought have been available although I did have to wait a week for a new indicator lamp. This was about 100 dollars with tax , so you can make your own mind up about that.

The bike heats up reasonably quickly and the hotest part of my body when I,m on the bike is my head. I turn into a bit of a hooligan, I blame the bike of course, officer.

No hot parts come into contact with the rider.

Thanks for the input, crazy town.

Appreciate them. :)

The only problem is that it makes me break the law (traffic) all the time ...

Oh one more thing, it makes it VERY difficult to decide on the next bike (if you plan to have a change).

Thanks yohji,

Everyone have problem with the law (traffic) :)

The last sentence is subjective unless Street R comes like the latest 2012 Speed R. Brembo monoblock and ôhlins . Yum yum

Edited by tongkol

Cannot believe that a racing rider DID NOT fasten his helmet strap. That's really shxtty to know ...

This is just one of many rumours and as well as being in bad taste, untrue.

We all know that Marco died of severe head, neck and chest injuries. The force that he was hit at would have no bother in deforming a helmet. I know as I saw it happen in front of my eyes in at Sepang.

Forever the Foreigner

Complacency is the culprit.

Can happen to anyone so remember to secure helmet properly and wear gloves as a bare minimum

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

MV have launched the 675 Brutale, a direct competitor to the Street Triple R.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2011/November/nov0411-mv-reveals-finished-brutale-675-7999-in-uk/

The price ( in the UK ) is almost the same, power is significantly higher though. Certainly looks the part.

I wonder what it'ld cost in Singapore ( if it ever makes it here ) ?

Staying in line with the outrageous copying is this

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2011/November/nov0311-mv-f3-full-details-released/

The Daytona doesn't have it all its own way either. Although the price difference will be significant.

Cool eh?

Edited by crazytown

Forever the Foreigner

The look for the MV 675 is wicked. Comes with Brembo mono block, single swingarm, wet clutch & the exhaust.

Can this piece cost more than Street Triple R?

White Street Triple coming, soon. ;):thumb:

The 2012 Speed Triple R will cost S$5,000 more than the current model, will be avail in March 2012 onwards.:cheers:

Edited by tongkol