SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] TRIUMPH Speed Triple Riders

desewer

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys thought of getting a speed triple, any idea how much does it cost? is the replacement parts ready available? Does it cost more to maintain this bike compare to jap bike? worry about the huge repair cost.

depends on which year.

parts are readily available, at worst wait for shipping 2 weeks

same as jap comparable when it comes to maintenance.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

thanks, throttle. any idea how much does a speed triple cost 2011? thanks in advance

Triumph Speed Triple cost app $27,000 otr.

I was told the Speed Triple 'R' will cost $5,000 more and will be avail in March 2012.

Yamaha RXZ - 2007 till date

Yamaha YZF R6 2008 - Jan 08' - Nov 11'

Triumph Street Triple 2012 - Nov 11' - till date

Saw a nice white Street Triple in Changi village at lunchtime yesterday, parked in the Tai Pan car park (opposite Changi Village hotel). FBF 3xxxx, new model, with low boy exhaust... anyone here? ....about an hour later the weather turned to shite....glad I wasn't riding yesterday :(

Is $5, 000 worth it? For full Ohlins and PVM wheels? And some carbon fiber bits? I like the new Triumph logo though.

It's a shame it only comes in 2 colours ... :(

They should have bright yellow and orange Street and Speed Triples ....

Is there any other nice looking street legal exhausts (like the Arrows) for the Speed Triple? The Zards look too flat IMHO.

c26492.jpg

Is $5, 000 worth it? For full Ohlins and PVM wheels? And some carbon fiber bits? I like the new Triumph logo though.

It's a shame it only comes in 2 colours ... :(

They should have bright yellow and orange Street and Speed Triples ....

Is there any other nice looking street legal exhausts (like the Arrows) for the Speed Triple? The Zards look too flat IMHO.

It's preety worth for those accessories though. IMHO.

Perhaps you would like to look at the new Leo Vince Factory R. Sadly ST3 doesn't fit them, only for SP3.

I'm looking a low mount for my ST3 as well. So far none is street approved.

Anyone got their carbon bits for their triple? Mind sharing them, the store.

Shift-Tech carbon does a good job but only for the Duc's. :(

Can anyone give me a lead to obtaining a quick action throttle cam, or a replacement throttle cable cam from another bike that can be used on a Street Triple?

I don't like the 180 degrees or so that it takes to go from idle to full throttle.

Bikes still **** hot though!!!!:cool:

Forever the Foreigner

It's preety worth for those accessories though. IMHO.

Perhaps you would like to look at the new Leo Vince Factory R. Sadly ST3 doesn't fit them, only for SP3.

I'm looking a low mount for my ST3 as well. So far none is street approved.

Anyone got their carbon bits for their triple? Mind sharing them, the store.

Shift-Tech carbon does a good job but only for the Duc's. :(

If you want carbon bits, try Ilmberger carbonparts.. Unique motor have.. But the $ damage is high i must warn you.. I pmed them and this was what I got..

Unique Motorsports Pte Ltd

Triumph Street Triple

Front Mudguard $470.00

Rear Hugger $515.00

Exhaust Protection (left) $225.000

Exhaust Protection (right) $225.00

Heel Protector (left) $135.00

Heel Protector (right) $135.00

Underseat Side Panel (left) $290.00

Underseat Side Panel (right) $290.00

Radiator Cover (left) $335.00

Radiator Cover (right) $335.00

Windshield $515.00

Bellypan $780.00

Ouch!!

1983 Vespa PX150 FA5**4A

2001 NSR 150 SP FT 7*4G

1983 Vespa PX150 FA5**4A

2012 Triumph Street Triple R FBF4**8G

Can anyone give me a lead to obtaining a quick action throttle cam, or a replacement throttle cable cam from another bike that can be used on a Street Triple?

I don't like the 180 degrees or so that it takes to go from idle to full throttle.

Bikes still **** hot though!!!!:cool:

Motoworld, off Kaki Bukit Rd 1, does a range of fast throttle conversion options. I believe they were generic, ie not manufacturer specific, although can't comment on how good or otherwise - just happened to see them there whilst buying a double bubble screen a couple of weeks back...

Thanks for that!!

Pm sent to Spiderman

I'll be getting from him in Dec as well.

Maybe, if there's other triple owner interested, we can collate and get bulk discount from him.

Pricing include installation. :)

Thanks for that!!

Pm sent to Spiderman

I'll be getting from him in Dec as well.

Maybe, if there's other triple owner interested, we can collate and get bulk discount from him.

Pricing include installation. :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi triumph riders, i am interested in getting a street triple for daily usage, i was wondering if you guys can help me out with some qns i have? :shy:

- is the bike comfortable for both rider and pillion on long rides? eg, touring?

- are replacement parts expensive compared to street bikes from japanese?

- hows the fuel consumption and reliability of the machine?

so far i have only ridden japanese bikes so i am not very well versed in this genre of motorcycles.. i really hope you guys can help shine some light on this :) thanks so much!

Nothing goes too fast, only out of control

Hi,

I was riding a sports bike before changing to Street Triple aka ST3.

Kindly take note that ST3 and Daytona 675 are pretty much similar -in terms of engine, swing arm, wheel base etc. The only difference is the fairing and the head light on the Daytona

I had choose the ST3 over the big brother SP3 due to the engine capacity as i rarely go on tour and mainly use for daily ride. So its more ideal to get a 600cc compare to 1000cc. I then refine my option to the 675 categories. I had choose the ST3 over the ST3R due to the reason that I want to have a better suspension and rear shock setup. The differences between ST3 and ST3R is the fork and rear setup, 4 piston front brake, radial master pump & gel seat other aspect are the same.

I had then change both the front and rear setup & the brake set

Front setup: Daytona 675 fork

Caliper: Brembo OEM ducati 848

Master pump: Aprilia radial masterpump

Rear setup: Ohlins TTX

So now, the upgrade i've done is much more better than getting the ST3R (which cost appox. S$3000 more than the base).

Getting on to your question;

1) Rider & pillion have an upright sitting position, for touring - you might consider a box

2) I cant comment on this, but MAH is the sole distributor, they will bring the parts. But some are universal so not too worry. unless you're going into a major repair

3) i'm getting 14km/l to about 15.8km/l (street riding) I believe a highway ride will give a better deal.

Hope it helps you to decide.