SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Woopa!! Cbr1000rr Riders

Tashi

Yah... Have seen the RR8 in action during mid range.... speechless.......... Btw, since i have gotten my exhaust, i should be going for dyno soon........ Would need your advice and pointers on a few aspects before i decide what to improve on........ :thumb:

Huh? I don't get what you mean by what to improve on?? The purpose of tuning is to improve everything! :angel:

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can you tell us how much dyno tuning cost us these days? I know 2007 onwards, some funny shops here & there give a thousand & 1 excuses for the increase in custom dyno mapping. some wonderful reasons heard before are:

-) Oi, your Yamaha Fly By Wire, thats why hard to tune.

-) Wah, this exhaust is new leh, might take some time to R&D & tune to perfection

-) Bike with 2 exhausts very difficult to tune as the air fuel ratio is hard to get.

I read the Racewerk thread and they quoted $200 for custom tune. Ya, alot of bullshit now adays. However if you compare the price with overseas tuning, SG price is actually on the low side. And it true that you need to trial and error to fine tune the bike even after they had used dynolink to tune to perfect air fuel ratio. The load and wind factor inside the dyno room ain't the same as real world riding. Dynomachine can only serve as a reference but not neccessary true reading. That is why there is still a product call wide band commander.

Huh? I don't get what you mean by what to improve on?? The purpose of tuning is to improve everything! :angel:
Hahahaha... I mean to decide on whether to tune to improve on low end, mid range or high end lah....... :cheeky: That's why must ask u... I know nuts about dyno tuning.......

"去哪兒???" ("Go where???")

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff190/aceboles/Girls%20and%20Bikes/pic31.jpg

Straight roads differentiate the rich and the poor

Corners differentiate the boys and the men

Hahahaha... I mean to decide on whether to tune to improve on low end, mid range or high end lah....... :cheeky: That's why must ask u... I know nuts about dyno tuning.......

Tuning will improve on all range. It unlike mechanical device like V stack where it is a fixed object. It will improve on the low and mid range and rob away the top end.

Tuning will improve on all range. It unlike mechanical device like V stack where it is a fixed object. It will improve on the low and mid range and rob away the top end.
Is it? Cos there's low, mid and high on my PC so I thought it's to set according to these 3...... So when I go dyno, I just let the tuner decide what's the best settings for my bike??

"去哪兒???" ("Go where???")

Is it? Cos there's low, mid and high on my PC so I thought it's to set according to these 3...... So when I go dyno, I just let the tuner decide what's the best settings for my bike??

No lah. Using the dynolink software is to tune at a higher resolution aka more detail tuning. The one you saw on the PC3 itself can only increase/decrease fuel based on 3 range, low/mid/high. It a low resolution tuning. So eventually you will still need to go fine tune.

No lah. Using the dynolink software is to tune at a higher resolution aka more detail tuning. The one you saw on the PC3 itself can only increase/decrease fuel based on 3 range, low/mid/high. It a low resolution tuning. So eventually you will still need to go fine tune.
Roughly understand liao...... Have to find out more when i see u on the 26th....

"去哪兒???" ("Go where???")

Depends bro.. some like top end, some like pick-up. Some like mid-range. I think its best that you see how often & what purpose your bike is used for. If you play track a lot, then maybe can concentrate on the mid range..

:slapforehead:

by right it is,,, however some shops tune the bikes that are meant for racing competiotions like the MSS, Asian GP, etc properly.. standard tune maybe about 1hour-2hours.. For normal customer bike like us.. tune 30-45mins.. :(

:slapforehead:

any plce to sell cbr 1000 rr4 sock pipe?? plz....itz getting irritating in my room ready......any place to sell it??

FU 598 - RXZ - DEC 05 - MAR 06

FBA 3040 - SPARK135 - MAR 06 - DEC 06

FU 5542 - KRR - FEB07 - MAY08

FBA 1353 - CBR 1000RR 04 - JUNE 08 - FEB 09

FBD 4845 - CBR 1000RR 08 - MAR 09 - (current)

:thumb: :thumb: (BURN RUBBER NOT YOUR SOUL!!!)

CBR June 2009 Outing

Going kulai for dinner or supper, you guys decide. Chinese or halal food you guys decide also.

26th June 2009

Destination: M'sia Kulai

Meeting Point: Jurong Bird Park

Time: To Be Confirm again

Example: Nick - dinner/ supper - Chinese/ Halal

1. DenverDino - supper - any

2. Yongster - supper - Crab Pull Fish!!!!!

3. kinwei - supper - any (support you!)

thanks for your support. just ask your kakis along lah.:popcorn:

"éšä»”,è¦åŽ»å—Ž"("Handsome, want to go")?!!! wahahaha....

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z51/DenverDino/CRW_4732-1-1.jpg

Depends bro.. some like top end, some like pick-up. Some like mid-range. I think its best that you see how often & what purpose your bike is used for. If you play track a lot, then maybe can concentrate on the mid range..
Yah... that's what i meant..... But think that requires a custom map.....Mine is more to daily usage with just weekly M'sia..... Track is really very occassional......... Think just normal tuning will do...... kinwei said will improve all aspects with just normal tuning...... so think that might be enough........

"去哪兒???" ("Go where???")

thanks for your support. just ask your kakis along lah.:popcorn:
why u never thank mi for my support?? :angel:

"去哪兒???" ("Go where???")

by right it is,,, however some shops tune the bikes that are meant for racing competiotions like the MSS, Asian GP, etc properly.. standard tune maybe about 1hour-2hours.. For normal customer bike like us.. tune 30-45mins.. :(

Ya, tuning is a very tedious process of trial and error. Not just on the dyno machine but also from rider actual riding feedback. If just by tuning to the correct AFR on the machine, you might not get the most out of your machine in real world riding and some case might be worse than before.

Yah... that's what i meant..... But think that requires a custom map.....Mine is more to daily usage with just weekly M'sia..... Track is really very occassional......... Think just normal tuning will do...... kinwei said will improve all aspects with just normal tuning...... so think that might be enough........

Disclaimer!! BY RIGHT tunning should improve all aspects but sometime **** happen and trial and error is require to fine tune it. Like what it happen to my 750. :cheeky:

Tried my bike at NSHW. The bike pulled hard at every gear and every rpm range. No sign of clutch slipped. However at times, I still can feel the "tuck" feedback on my clutch lever. Something which is common before the clutch recall. But now is noticable lesser but still happen once in a while. Not so concern about it.

Since it had been a while since I have tried to max out the bike. Hmm, it seems like it can't hit 299 on straight at 6th gear. But I can say it quite fun to full throttle on 1st gear though. It pulled like a rocket!

So I can summarised that my clutch recall is a success minus the occasion "tuck" feeling.

wat colour is ur bike???????

class 2b- 100805 Wave 125,LC 125,X1 110,CG125 (Yamaha and Honda)

class 2a- 050906 CBR Hurricane 400 (Honda)

class 3- 170707 Kia Rio (KIA)

class 2- 121007 CBR1000RR 04 (Honda)

310808- CBR1000RR 08 (Honda)

241208- Proton savvy (First Car)

290610- Aprillia Rsv4R(First Italian Bike)

301210- DRZ (First Suzuki Bike)

280811-Hayabusa Gen2

100413- ZX1400 Gen2

it came originally like tat look in ur dash and see if there is a hiss light blinkin when the engine is off if dont have means itz us spec

280811-Hayabusa Gen2

100413- ZX1400 Gen2

Disclaimer!! BY RIGHT tunning should improve all aspects but sometime **** happen and trial and error is require to fine tune it. Like what it happen to my 750. :cheeky:
Disclaimer? U spokesperson for Dynojet leh.... still need to put disclaimer meh?? :angel:

"去哪兒???" ("Go where???")

280811-Hayabusa Gen2

100413- ZX1400 Gen2

it came originally like tat look in ur dash and see if there is a hiss light blinkin when the engine is off if dont have means itz us spec

Bro, like to check with you. Why you choose KR tuned for your bike???

"éšä»”,è¦åŽ»å—Ž"("Handsome, want to go")?!!! wahahaha....

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z51/DenverDino/CRW_4732-1-1.jpg

hmmm at the time i was lookin ard this was ard my budget and i wanted some thing tat not every 1 would get but no regrets on the exhaust freakin loud also

280811-Hayabusa Gen2

100413- ZX1400 Gen2