SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Singapore BAJAJ Team (SBT)

Nemesis

Great ! Will check them out later.

By the way is the P180 "windshield" ok for long rides ?

how long is your long? if not there is always the longer shield from our indonesia bros...

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Alvinyansg_Siggy.jpg

Ride Safe

Arrive ALIVE

Bajaj Service & Spare Parts List #51601,Pg 1033

SBT Members List #49950,Pg 999

Pulsar Enhancement Info #39332,Pg787

Maybe like 1 or 2 hours continuously ?

Glad there are aftermarket shields. Can be ordered from FB too ?

the stock shield no prob i feel...

can see more items on FB, but slight mods needed...

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Alvinyansg_Siggy.jpg

Ride Safe

Arrive ALIVE

Nickname or Name: Ming a.k.a feifayiming

Previous Ride: (Brand and model) Yamaha R-15

Current Ride: Bajaj 200NS

Color:Black

Date of bike collection:8th of Febuary 2013

Current Kms clocked as of today:6000km

Fuel Consumption (km/L): 31km/l

Riding terrain: 30%(Small Roads) 70%(Expressways)

Initial reasons why you chose 200NS before you bought:

Have no idea what came to me, i was about to buy the older pulsar with bigger fuel tank but..things changed i guess =DD

First impressions on first day you collected bike:

When i 1st rode on the bike, i (183cm) realized it was higher then expected,barely able to put my feet down straight.

The handling for the bike was pretty wide and i was afraid to squeeze between cars.

Talking from a ex sport bike perspectives, Bike was able to corner with good stability as well as the accelerating power from this beast is overwhelming.

Love the plushy seats and the handlebar glow as well as the display meter esp. the clock.

Short summary of any issues you have faced since first day:

As it was Chinese new year , i decided to get this bike in time for the celebration.

Started running in with short burst of speed to run through all gears and rpm feeling the wind on my face every time i throttled however i realized that throttling cannot be done too suddenly as it would cut off without warning.

Due to being new to the reserve tank, advise is not to place it on "off" mode as i learnt it the hard way on the way from work to home.

I was having my holidays 2 weeks after, came back from overseas after 3 days i realized that my bike could not start so i decide to pull the choke.

Seeing this thread before i even start posting (silent stalker) i have a good look at where the choke lever is however as i start pulling the choke,the choke came off.

To my horror i realized that it was loose and several screw was missing.

Although my bike is able to start, it was revving at 3000-4000 rpm causing such sudden noise disturbing my neighbourhood(open carpark). I quickly went to the shop that i bought , they realized several screw were missing as well not only that i have mentioned about the power cut when throttling which they dismiss it to running in,allowing your gear (or whatever) to adapt.

As fellow pulsar 200NS rider are able to testify, the mirrors were a blur to us due to the bad vibration,all i could see what shaking lights.Changed my mirrors to another one however to no avail.

For me riding is a big part of me as you probably have seen the amount of mileage i am clocking.

I am not required to travel in my office job and the distance to my workplace is a mere 10km.

However i noticed that sometimes when i idle on traffic junction the idling speed increase slowly by the liquid cooling thing(like blow air con full blast)

For other people looking at me , I have comments saying that the posture i adopt seems unnatural as if something forces me to straighten up my back.

Tyres wise i hope you guys would change asap as i experienced fishtail if i break too hard.

Lastly ,I was filled with dismay as i found out our rear seat compartment has no space for helmet lock as well.

Overall impression:A pretty good bike actually, good cruising speed,love the acceleration excellent for singapore road if you ignore the little bits which i've mentioned. Would like to have pannies on it one day.

Fuel C only 31km/L ?? So low one meh for 200NS ?

Though no exp with Bajaj, but sounds realistic. Its so much more powerful than other 200cc 4 stroke like Phantom 200 / Tiger 200. He did mentioned he enjoyed the acceleration.

1997 TZR 125 - 1998 FZ 150 - 1999 GSXR 400K - 1999 RX 100 - 2000 LC 125 - 2001 TZR 125 - 2002 CB 400 Ver S - 2006 CBR 929 - 2006 GETZ 1.4 - 2009 STEED 400 - 2016 ???

Riders ride to work. Drivers work to drive.

Fuel C only 31km/L ?? So low one meh for 200NS ?

let me put it this way...

you want power your fc will drop, you want fc then you will not have that much power...

in the 200ns, if you throttle hard and travel fast of course FC will be lower...

not only the 200ns, all bikes are the same...

so its your choice, your right hand is the fuel controller...

Ride Safe

Arrive ALIVE

Hi.. I havenot service my brake before.. it just started like a week ago.. I don tink I drop any oil before.. btw where is tge cliper area?

Hi guys I already send my bike to the workshop and within 10 mins the was brake ok.. no problem found, only the pump got air in it so the mechanic release the air out and now its doing fine

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

let me put it this way...

you want power your fc will drop, you want fc then you will not have that much power...

in the 200ns, if you throttle hard and travel fast of course FC will be lower...

not only the 200ns, all bikes are the same...

so its your choice, your right hand is the fuel controller...

Because I thot pulsar bike the fc very super saving one .. haha I tot whack the bike cn still save one .. Now then I know .. ThankYou bro for sharing !

Hi guys, just had my brake pump replaced as my front brake caliper was jammed. Front brake pads was also replaced. Cost me a total of 105 bucks. Repair wasnt done at UM as its a sunday and i need my bike for work. Somehow i feel its too expensive. Can anyone verify it? Front brake handle was replaced along with the brake pump as its a set.

Hi guys, just had my brake pump replaced as my front brake caliper was jammed. Front brake pads was also replaced. Cost me a total of 105 bucks. Repair wasnt done at UM as its a sunday and i need my bike for work. Somehow i feel its too expensive. Can anyone verify it? Front brake handle was replaced along with the brake pump as its a set.

any idea what cause the jam?

Ride Safe

Arrive ALIVE

Any idea how much for change of battery P180 UG2?

battery change should cost less than $50...

think $30+ can get it done alr...

Ride Safe

Arrive ALIVE

Dear All,

For the test of slow riding to see if its worth to slow down considerable for the better FC

I have tried riding in a controlled situation where i did not exceed my max speed of 80km/h.

For that i presume question on my speed, road i've travelled,(expressway,small road) and even traffic conditions (peak,non peak).

Below is as presented.

Due to the snail pace, I could not complete my usual day stuff in one day itself, therefore i have cancelled a few plans just for this purpose.

One factor i have forgotten to add was weight in my previous time. As such as i have furnished my weight = 58kg no pillion for the setup.

Total distance travelled: Approx 85 km

Road type:30% small road 70% expressway

Speed travelled: Average 50 km/h

Min speed travelled: Average 40km/h upon reaching 200m mark

Max speed travelled: 79 km/h

Traffic light crossed :8 (stopped at 6)

Traffic Condition: Peak period for 30 km, non peak for 55 km

As this was affecting my income by the day, including the dying patience due to the speed. I spent a 2 days total for that.

Total mileage travelled : 85 km

Total fuel pumped: Approx 2 l

Previous fuel type : V-power 97 (M'sia)

Current fuel type : Shell 95 (Singapore)

Fuel Consumption on snail riding = 42.5 km/l

Apparently this FC is considered low for the speed im riding as i noticed there are people with better FC for this.However, this is based on the bike i have so..

Comparing to abusing riding of 29.65 km/l

and comparing to snail riding of 42.5 km/l

Difference to the FC was 12.85 km/l which is 30% increment in the mileage.

Dig out the FC review i did a while back. Hope these records do you well "Dontknowwhatnametouse"

Updates on the trust worthiness of this machine Pulsar 200NS:

Bike Riding: Pulsar 200 NS

Riding the ride since: 8/2/2013

Total duration up till date: Close to 9 months

Mileage attained: 19,000km

Items modified/changed: Air filter removed , box and main stand installed, mudguard removed, rest is stock as it is.

Items spoilt: 1 x IU unit ( VICOM inspected;chip damaged due to vibration - according to the person)

Knowledge on bike: Other then pumping petrol , close to none

Maintainance: Every 2k changed fully syn engine oil (Most exp one) , every 4k oil filter changed

Riding style: Aggressive ( Never tracked but I brake mostly with engine break(down gear shifting to obtain optimum torque to accelerate in faster time)

* Note: This is known to break down even the strongest engine - FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Reason for updates: Wanting more people to know more about Pulsar 200NS and its lifespan.

Hi guys, didn't check back for quite some time already. Previous posted on the review of 1st impression and its fuel economy today since my server is down and i couldn't do any serious work except to look busy therefore I decided to update you guys on how the abused pulsar is faring.

I understand my mileage is pretty high * reminder i am not a dispatch rider and normally i ride to work-school-*recent* gf :cheeky:.

How much am I travelling?

Doing a quick calculation of 19,000km/9 mths/30days it coughs to an average of 70km /day. That could be quite alot to most of the average people however, i enjoy being on the bike with the breeze and all so I don't mind abit.

Why do you consider yourself abusing your machine?

So now after riding 19,000km abusing every bit of my engine, I believed that many would not be as crazy to abuse it just like i do so, this crazy maniac did just that for the mass to test the endurance of the engine after close to 20,000km how will the engine fare. Abusing engine in my context is to rev it to 10k rpm before every gear shift for better acceleration and downshift once rpm falls to 4k to stay in the power band for better acceleration after the corner. Coming to a junction or slowing down to a stop, i have developed a habit to downshift 2 gears and slowly release the clutch to minimise use of brakes so i engine break 80 % of the time before braking to complete stop.

*Warning* User manual does not encourage this, and by no way I'm the racer type just feel better and comfortable of this old habit of mine.

So how fast do you go?

At times when i do pillion people, I maintain my speed on expressway at arnd 80km/h (+50)

When i am alone , I maintain my speed on expressway at arnd 95km/h (+50)

When i have time to spare, which is pretty rare i travel at a leisure pace at 70km/h (+50)

Travelling small roads (3 lanes or lesser, i travel much more slower as accident are bound to happen to speeding enthusiast) Play responsible, for you and theirs.

When its raining, I travel at a snail pace too ,as i still using my stock tires 40km/h (+50). Death is never a problem, i'm just afraid I don't, causing a burden to all.

Tell me now, what starts to break down?

-Nothing. I know, as we come to the main topic, there it is. Just a word. But trust me, I was expecting something to happen too, but after so long with my regular checks and servicing, there wasn't a problem. Asked the UM motor guys to wash my carburetor , he said i was crazy. There was nothing wrong with my throttle response nor fuel line. Changed my spark plug, it wasn't lean nor was it too rich. It was as if i did not ride it it was just gray and boy was it clean =) . Didn't knew anything about spark plug initially, was just casually questioning them on what a bikers need to do in a regular maintenance so when he said spark plug, I told him to replace it for me. So changed all 3 of them, proud of the condition. So basically, I have no idea what to fault it except for the vibration that spoil my IU which at this case , i have totally got used to them.

What i still love?

I still love the peaky torque it produced which a twist makes endless possibilities.

Speed wise, knowing that it is pretty much quick for a 4-stroke bike so unless im not happy with the current speed which at times i wish i still could get home faster ( Woodlands-boon lay 16 mins) to (woodlands - Boon Lay 12 mins) ,however i know the risk is more then i can handle though i can buy a 2A bike anytime since i pass the license.

Space wise, I love the wide seats, couldn't deny that it is still plushy and comfy

So far my rating for this bike is 9.5 /10 .

I wouldn't believe that Pulsar is that good till i rode it. This ride has left me very impressed and garnered many thumbs up from my peers. If you still think Pulsar is just a budget low cost India bike, you are so wrong. Technology to develop this pulsar NS 200 has made it rise up above all, you just have to try to believe.

Cheers,

~ Ming~

NS200, 29/litre with agressive full bore/abusive riding impressive. No wonder you change your EO at 2k inspite that its fully syn. EO change is 1.5 & 1.8 if also change oil filter ?

Btw Ming, are u familiar with the "clutchless upward gear change technique"? Was wondering whether doing so will increase clutch plate/Gear box wear & tear?

Also, I have seen some bikes, mostly 2B bikes, whereby they remove the EO cap on the bike and install a screw on nut with a long tube attached which usually ends around the rear lights/signal with what looks like an Open pod air filter. Whats the pros/cons of doing that ?

Many Thanks.

1997 TZR 125 - 1998 FZ 150 - 1999 GSXR 400K - 1999 RX 100 - 2000 LC 125 - 2001 TZR 125 - 2002 CB 400 Ver S - 2006 CBR 929 - 2006 GETZ 1.4 - 2009 STEED 400 - 2016 ???

Wahhh powerrr la feifayiming for those 1stHand info ! really helpful .... Soo I guess 200NS ain't so much like the previous pulsarss eh in terms of FC . You go snail pace oso cant get 50km per litre ... bt overall this bike is quite worth it eh ? I mean its 200cc , has good FC if compared to others .. So what say you ? Ok to get this bike ? Cause im having a headache between this and Fz16/Fz16 st .

If me, I cfm get the NS. The FZ is like 50cc less, 7 hp less, half kg less torque, also made in developing country, air cooled instead of liquid, weighs the same......its like getting so much less all for the sake of brand name. In brand name, one looks for reliability. But since Baj is proven in SG conditions liao....its clear to me.

Best part is.....both cost the same price. And in 2B class, every drop of power & torque counts. Esp for me where when I ride, total passenger weight is 140+ KG.

Wahhh powerrr la feifayiming for those 1stHand info ! really helpful .... Soo I guess 200NS ain't so much like the previous pulsarss eh in terms of FC . You go snail pace oso cant get 50km per litre ... bt overall this bike is quite worth it eh ? I mean its 200cc , has good FC if compared to others .. So what say you ? Ok to get this bike ? Cause im having a headache between this and Fz16/Fz16 st .

note that 50km/l is based on paper specs and factory test...

on real world conditions its is near impossible to get that FC...

there is only 1 guy who rides the legendary UG1 and has tried 1000km on 1 tank of fuel...

but he is ridng a UG1 with 18" wheels,small size and light and rides at 60-70km/h...

as for which bike to choose, go and sit and feelfor yourself...

whichever bike makes you smile or puts a silly grin on your face is the one you like...

Ride Safe

Arrive ALIVE

Actually to be fair, should be comparing the Baj 180 to FZ 16. Specs more similar. In this scenario, u will be paying extra for the aesthetics of the FZ. Both of these 2 should also have noticeble FC improvements over NS.

Still awaiting news for the Baj 375 now that the Duke has been launched. Agree that those FC quoted by manufacturers are based on rides in their ivory towers. At least where where "japan combine cycle" FC is concerned, I usually get 2/3 of the indicated. Eg, Super 4 manual indicates 30/litre, I get only 20/litre.

NS200, 29/litre with agressive full bore/abusive riding impressive. No wonder you change your EO at 2k inspite that its fully syn. EO change is 1.5 & 1.8 if also change oil filter ?

Its 1.2 liter and 1.3(mech say)~4(i say) liter respectively.

Btw Ming, are u familiar with the "clutchless upward gear change technique"? Was wondering whether doing so will increase clutch plate/Gear box wear & tear?

Never done that, but have heard that feature in the bike. When i manage to find some time to go some ulu ulu road to test out, wouldnt want to wack and end up doing a wheelie or hurt anyone. From my understanding, all gear changing will result in a gear box wear and tear, ultimately it is how you treat it. After much consideration, i believe up gear will not damage the gearbox as much as i down gear (clutchless) as i've mentioned i clutch in drop 2 gears before slowly engaging it to gear. With clutchless shifting, i'm afraid with my current style my bike will almost experience skidding everytime i do that due to sudden loss of speed. But will try and let you guys know =)

Also, I have seen some bikes, mostly 2B bikes, whereby they remove the EO cap on the bike and install a screw on nut with a long tube attached which usually ends around the rear lights/signal with what looks like an Open pod air filter. Whats the pros/cons of doing that ?

That I have to leave it to experts to tell you as i'm a beginner still

Many Thanks.

To me when u put a petrol saving bike+ speeding bike= Pulsar 200NS

I'm saying because Honda SP which i have tried riding but gave out due to pumping of 8l petrol everyday.

Parts has to be changed like almost quarterly, last straw comes when my piston jam despite all the good stuff it has been licking.

FC for it at the time i last rode was 19km/l . Not inclusive of the 2 T which they suck me like good leeches. You want good FC , dun speed end of story.

If you read my updated review till the end, you'll know what rating i gave it . The silly grin is still stuck to pulsar 200NS ATM.

Hi FeiFa, the clutchless method I mentioned, is supposedly only meant for upshifting only. (Gear 1 still must half clutch). The idea is to accelerate fast and not lose time to clutch in/out. The method is supposed to rev to at least mid range rpm, (eg in gear 2), standby your toe below shifter with slight upward pressure, (( reduce throttle ( not close ) - hook up to gear 3 concurrently )) and open throttle & repeat sequence as u shift ur way to the higher gears.

This (clutchless upshift ) was shared by another forummer. Ride safe. Your inputs on NS200 is extremely helpful. Thanks.

Hi FeiFa, the clutchless method I mentioned, is supposedly only meant for upshifting only. (Gear 1 still must half clutch). The idea is to accelerate fast and not lose time to clutch in/out. The method is supposed to rev to at least mid range rpm, (eg in gear 2), standby your toe below shifter with slight upward pressure, (( reduce throttle ( not close ) - hook up to gear 3 concurrently )) and open throttle & repeat sequence as u shift ur way to the higher gears.

This (clutchless upshift ) was shared by another forummer. Ride safe. Your inputs on NS200 is extremely helpful. Thanks.

So far, do not think this would be a problem if done properly(pre-loaded for gear shifting), it does theoretically shave time , but if you revving at 10krpm till next gear shift change i believe that would be a problem. Just my 2 cents

feifayiming ....

WOW :clap: :clapping: :thumb::thumb:

please come to our BTWO lah on Wednesday at Haji Karim 24hrs Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 ... love to hear ur share abt ur NS with a cup of the tarik n prata kosong !! .. kekeke

21335_10151769662906654_1436797672_n.jpg

PULSARIANS SINGAPORE

" Hmmm .. Old does not mean ... old ideology, old fashion and old mindset ... hehehe "

" No Sacrifies No Victory " [/size]

mjbs64 : 97821440 P200 SplitFire2010aza Not for Sale!

feifayiming ....

WOW :clap: :clapping: :thumb::thumb:

please come to our BTWO lah on Wednesday at Haji Karim 24hrs Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 ... love to hear ur share abt ur NS with a cup of the tarik n prata kosong !! .. kekeke

Haha , sorry am booked for classed from monday till sunday apparently. If i can make it at any point of time i will. Anyway, just had my braces fitted so my words are as good as a pen. Unless you like ppl talking with saliva spitting around HAHA!

Anyway, have tested the clutchless gear shifting for both up-down gear.

Not sure if it applies to all range of pulsar.

So i was riding to my lunch break cum take my handphone from house due to some issues in the middle of the night that kept me awake since 4am. Forgetful me. Anyway, as i was saying clutchless gear shifting, have catagorize them in different styles;

1) Up gear

i) Preloading - Low RPM

ii) Preloading - High RPM

iii)No preloading - Low RPM

iv) No preloading -High RPM

2)Downgear

3)Conclusion

4)Verdict

Reason being , i realize there are some difference to the different RPM and whether preloading was done or not. *People differ due to riding styles

Up -gear

Acceleration was up to 5krpm in which i tried both the pre-loading and non preloading style

Preloading

As per Baal suggestion, have place pressure to the lever to experiment the difference and below is my take.

Low RPM

During preloading, have managed to pressure it from 3krpm till 5krpm before releasing the throttle. I felt the gear shifting level was sharp and crisp, maybe too much of the crisp side that it went jerking as it surge forward. My lunch buying buddy was wondering what was wrong with the bike as i was constantly jerking. Saying that, i feel that on the normal throttle speed using clutchless will create less then desirable experience for both rider and pillion.

High RPM

Sports mode on; Revving on 9krpm before letting go my throttle creates a sporty surges. Have limited experience with driving as i have yet to obtain a driving license but it is similar to 1 ride that i can relate. It has the same feeling with the Kia Cerato Koup when i was in the sports transmission which i use to gear shift using the hands. Upon the switch of gears from the car, you can feel the car jerked a little before smoothing out just like the pulsar did.

No preloading

Was trying this out when i wanted to know what happens if i didn't place pressure before i gear shift to see if it works. And it does =D. All for the sake of experimenting.

Low RPM

Decided to ride it just as i did and shadow clutching in to up the gear. I noticed that with every kick on the lever, the gear shifting feels so easy, it was as smooth as if i had clutched in. But because i seldom free the throttle when i changed gears, i find it a drag to release my throttle before throttling it back.

High RPM

Riding as my usual maniac style, i throttle it till 9k rpm (remember i have a pillion still ) and kick it up. Amazingly it responded very well and i do not need to do anything special, however jerk is still present.

Down gear

For the simplicity of all, down gear shifting was done by resting my leg on the gear lever just resting, the only pressure is gravity.

Reason why i decided not to try kicking downwards was because of my past experience where i was a young boy with much zest ,kicked it too hard resulting 2 pieces of scrap. As rough as i can be, *my brake lever can be the evidence of me depressing like no body business till now its slanted inwards* , I try to treat my bike better nowadays.

So using this method to *anticipate* for the gear to go down for me it seemed that unless we do the learning center way= standard way it might be quite easy however, due to my riding style where i usually drop 2 gears and slowly used engine brakes to stop i find it a tad too slow to my liking , whenever it detects a certain speed i presume, it opens up a slot where your legs which is resting on the lever drops almost at the same exact speed till gear 3. Gear 1-3 was unable to test out as i ran out of road before the traffic light.

Conclusion:

Pros

Works fine without clutch

There wasn't any sound indicating that it got stuck while trying to shift, it was very smooth and has impressive response.

Can be used for up and down gear shifting as opposed to rumors (only up)

1 handed operation suitable( the jerk is negligible for users who has another hands busy either scratching their face.)

Cons

Jerky movement

Have to release throttle completely to change gear

Much higher braking distance

Ride wasn't smooth as compared to clutch

Verdict:6/10

Fun to play with, convenient if your scratching your face or doing something with another hand.However, i prefer the clutch as the gradual release of the clutch makes your RPM nearer to the RPM you need to engage. The use of clutch is even more significant during braking as it takes too long a time to drop every single gear. Clutch still rule :clap: