SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

cak

Oh ya,btw how much u bought ur shadow?? wats the difference between ace400 & classic 400?

they are the same actually. ACE=American Classic Edition

Of course I trust my skills. I ride alone cos I don't trust the competency of the driver next to me.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, need some advice here. I'm totally noob in cruisers. I used to ride a super4 vtec1 but got into a accident & end up have to scrap my bike. In the next few month after i recover, i'm planning to ride again. So im here seeking for class 2A cruiser bike now.

So can some experience cruiser rider explain to me among steed, shadow & even dragstar, wat are the differences between

-fc?

-performances?

-prices ?

I'm not looking for speed, just relax, good fc & reasonable prices. So what do u guys recommend? Also what should i look out for when i pick a cruiser bike? scare kana cheated by bike uncles.[/QUO

try this, i think its cheap for 45 k mileage bike

http://************************/showbike_used.php?bikeno=1004707

Edited by sevendust

Hi bro, I rode my dragstar for 5 mths and shadow for 6 mths, so just can offer a bit of info....

FC - I think dragstar can get better fuel efficiency ( 300+km for full tank of 14 or 15 l tank ) as my shadow only abt 200 over. Then again, my dragstar was 5 yrs old but my shadow now is 13 yrs old so there could be a difference due to age.

As for performance, I can feel Shadow is a bit better in terms of speed. But dragstar is quite hot on the engine areas due to no liquid cool system.Dragstar is belt driven.

In terms of size n weight, both are quite similar - big and heavy!

Price-wise, they're quite close, but it depends on the condition and age of the bikes.

Take a look on my bikes for comparison and decide carefully....cheers n take care!

wow, nice bike u got there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007-2009 Spark135

2009-2010 Super4 vtec 1

Live to Ride, Ride to Live:cool:

try this, i think its cheap for 45 k mileage bike

http://************************/showbike_used.php?bikeno=1004707

hey sevendust i cant see the link. mind reposting again?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007-2009 Spark135

2009-2010 Super4 vtec 1

Hi guys, like to know more about these cruiser bike. How much do u guys fork out for the maintaince? Like how many bottle of eo do u change for these v-twin engine?

2007-2009 Spark135

2009-2010 Super4 vtec 1

opps. post in wrong thread

Edited by jtzx

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

Hi guys, like to know more about these cruiser bike. How much do u guys fork out for the maintaince? Like how many bottle of eo do u change for these v-twin engine?

2.5 l only even if u change oil filter, i know cause i change mine diy last 2 mnth , i used my car left over eo (carlube) UK brand seem like it feels better that castrol

Hi,

I tried to remove the rear left cover to check why my oil pressure lamp will not light up. I already took out the bolt and could loosen the cover but it seems to be held back by something.

Do I just pull it out hard, or is there something else?

Thanks in advance

Left Rear Cover.jpg

hi guys , any idea how much to change the handle bar? i riding a dragstar classic thought of changing something like the shadow one

Bro, I've changed similar bars like wat you wanted, cost abt $150 incl installation. No need longer cables as both are close in lengths

Hi guys , i been down to ubi bikeshop today to settle some paperwork for my bike. I was asking the uncle got any cruiser bike to intro, then he recommend me to get a phantom ta200.

Any one ride a phantom ta200 before? Some of my frenz tell me dun get coz its a problem bike (always stall), others say its fc is not bad, cheap to maintain. What u guys think? Whats good or bad about this bike? should i get a class 2a cruiser instead?

2007-2009 Spark135

2009-2010 Super4 vtec 1

Hi guys , i been down to ubi bikeshop today to settle some paperwork for my bike. I was asking the uncle got any cruiser bike to intro, then he recommend me to get a phantom ta200.

Any one ride a phantom ta200 before? Some of my frenz tell me dun get coz its a problem bike (always stall), others say its fc is not bad, cheap to maintain. What u guys think? Whats good or bad about this bike? should i get a class 2a cruiser instead?

cant comment much abt phantom cos i never ridden one before , but judging from the number on the road , should be a good bike . details u prob have to go to PK forum as they will be most well equipped to ans abt phantom 150/200

some guys actually make the move up from smaller 2b cruisers to 2A ones in the long run .

IMHO ,

2A cruiser cheaper but maintenance/ fc higher

2b more ex but cheaper maintenance / better fc .

guess it depends on ur needs and wants :)

sgcruisers.blogspot.com

cant comment much abt phantom cos i never ridden one before , but judging from the number on the road , should be a good bike . details u prob have to go to PK forum as they will be most well equipped to ans abt phantom 150/200

some guys actually make the move up from smaller 2b cruisers to 2A ones in the long run .

IMHO ,

2A cruiser cheaper but maintenance/ fc higher

2b more ex but cheaper maintenance / better fc .

guess it depends on ur needs and wants :)

Ive ridden a ta200 and a steed400.

Ta200 is way economical but the latter performs better ; cornering, stopping - acceleration

The ta felt way too small.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

Wow, thkz guys for all ur advices. I'm gona look around for these few months first while waiting for doctor to give me the green light to ride again. If u all do have any good lobang do let me know =)

2007-2009 Spark135

2009-2010 Super4 vtec 1

hi guys , any idea how much to change the handle bar? i riding a dragstar classic thought of changing something like the shadow one

Might be selling off my handlebar(same as Shadow)Currently on my Magna...If interested pls contact me at 83732732..Thx

Hi,

I tried to remove the rear left cover to check why my oil pressure lamp will not light up. I already took out the bolt and could loosen the cover but it seems to be held back by something.

Do I just pull it out hard, or is there something else?

Thanks in advance

There is a hidden clip that keeps the cover in place. Its on the top of the case. Use your finger to expose it and just pull off. The cover will then come off. Return the clip after and hide it again.

Hope that helps.

04062011268.jpg

04062011267.jpg

Edited by One Headlight