SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Credit/Debit cards

frz

How many credit cards u own?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. How many credit cards u own?

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have how many cards also nvm 1... but like what flykite say, use what you can afford... if not prepare to face the music...

Yamaha RXK (2003-2004)(FB****?)

Aprilia RS125 (2004-2004)(FM2834H)

Honda SP150 (2004-2005)(FR3462P)

Honda CBR400RRN(2005-2007)(FN2935L)

Nissian Latio (2007-2013)(SGU7413C)

Honda CBR600RR5 (2010-2013) (FZ3775U)

Kawasaki Z800 (2014-2018) (FBJ1955L)

Finally a brand new bike!

just remember not to withdraw money from ATM machine... the interest is just like loan sharks... 24%... lol...

just remember not to withdraw money from ATM machine... the interest is just like loan sharks... 24%... lol...

You don't know meh? Banks are the legal 'loansharks'... :sweat:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

You don't know meh? Banks are the legal 'loansharks'... :sweat:

:lol:

true true...my friend still owe 4-5 banks over 30k now slowly paying back... :sweat:

strange thing is those call centre still calling him ask him wan to apply new cards :lol:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4534/scootlogo1oo7.th.jpghttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/who_noe/Untitled-Stitched-151.jpg

SSOG(SBF Scooter Owner Group)since june 2003

i know mah... just advising Nicholai mah... everything also use swipe... dun withdraw...

true true...my friend still owe 4-5 banks over 30k now slowly paying back... :sweat:

strange thing is those call centre still calling him ask him wan to apply new cards :lol:

they want your friend to die faster??? so evil sia the banks...

they want your friend to die faster??? so evil sia the banks...

aiya...think the call centre only wan to hit their sales target nia...approve onot if not their business liao :lol:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4534/scootlogo1oo7.th.jpghttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/who_noe/Untitled-Stitched-151.jpg

SSOG(SBF Scooter Owner Group)since june 2003

cos damn sucker leh...i fall between 20k-30k(less than 30k actually) range

sometime need to use it to pay for installment mah

but debit got $$$ oso no use

cos cannot pay by installment using debit...

sometime is not dun have $$$ to pay but is just like dat lo

mayb can try those HARVEY NORMAN credit cards? my fren doesnt earn tat much but he hab a HARVEY NORMAN credit card.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k180/lion_dance_revolution/ani/SWIMMING.gifhttp://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k180/lion_dance_revolution/ani/HOT.gif

In USA... most of the banks don't want to issue you credit cards if you do not have a credit history.

Meaning... if you have never bought anything in USA on credit before... you are a risk to them. Their concept is... the more you owe and can pay off monthly... the better is your credit rating.

You can put USD$20,000 in a bank account and ask for a credit card with a USD$5,000 limit...they won't entertain you if you have no credit history. Singapore history no count...even if you show them you have a Singapore card with a USD$17,000 spending limit, they still don't care coz its not from the USA.

To be able to own credit card in USA.. you must first prove to them that you owe alot of money everywhere.

Thats why you see alot of Americans carry many credit cards...no need to be impressed... they actually very broke due to outstanding debts. :faint:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/angelo_neo/IMG_1208-1.jpg

FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic :angel:

Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

In USA... most of the banks don't want to issue you credit cards if you do not have a credit history.

Meaning... if you have never bought anything in USA on credit before... you are a risk to them. Their concept is... the more you owe and can pay off monthly... the better is your credit rating.

You can put USD$20,000 in a bank account and ask for a credit card with a USD$5,000 limit...they won't entertain you if you have no credit history. Singapore history no count...even if you show them you have a Singapore card with a USD$17,000 spending limit, they still don't care coz its not from the USA.

To be able to own credit card in USA.. you must first prove to them that you owe alot of money everywhere.

Thats why you see alot of Americans carry many credit cards...no need to be impressed... they actually very broke due to outstanding debts. :faint:

:lol: wierd.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k180/lion_dance_revolution/ani/SWIMMING.gifhttp://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k180/lion_dance_revolution/ani/HOT.gif

Here's my experience with credit cards... when i started out working (in the 90s'), i was only earning $1300 per month. Like some of you out there, i am not eligible for a credit card. My immediate aim then was to earn enough to get a credit card ($2500). TO me, it was like a status symbol. Something to proved that "I made it!". Then when I earned enough to get a normal credit card, I wanted to hit a citibank gold card. ($45k per annum). I worked hard... and I got it. Then I wanted to be eligible for a platinum card... worked my way up and hey! I earned enough to get a platinum card!... BAck then, the rules were stricter, there were strict and clear income requirements between normal, gold and platinum card. I even purposely display my cards in the most prominent in my wallet. But later I realized that this was just a front to boost my ego. I've grown past that stage now. My cards are hidden inside my wallet and cannot be seen unless i pull it out.

Now, any body can apply for a platinum card. Its nothing more than a gimmick to me. It has lost that status symbol.

Needless to say, back then, I happily used up my credit limit and end up paying interests only. The "extra" cash comes in handy and you see yourself buying things that you dont need before. I was earning good money but I was also paying good money (interest) to the bank too! I am debt free now and I only use my credit card when I am buying expensive things (to get the points) or for some BIG discounts or when I am overseas and I got no local curreny to use.

So to those of you out there trying to get a credit card, take it from me. These "extra" spending power are not real. Use it only if you have the ability to pay back the next month. But it does comes in very handy especially when you are overseas or buying things over the net.

Here's my experience with credit cards... when i started out working (in the 90s'), i was only earning $1300 per month. Like some of you out there, i am not eligible for a credit card. My immediate aim then was to earn enough to get a credit card ($2500). TO me, it was like a status symbol. Something to proved that "I made it!". Then when I earned enough to get a normal credit card, I wanted to hit a citibank gold card. ($45k per annum). I worked hard... and I got it. Then I wanted to be eligible for a platinum card... worked my way up and hey! I earned enough to get a platinum card!... BAck then, the rules were stricter, there were strict and clear income requirements between normal, gold and platinum card. I even purposely display my cards in the most prominent in my wallet. But later I realized that this was just a front to boost my ego. I've grown past that stage now. My cards are hidden inside my wallet and cannot be seen unless i pull it out.

Now, any body can apply for a platinum card. Its nothing more than a gimmick to me. It has lost that status symbol.

Needless to say, back then, I happily used up my credit limit and end up paying interests only. The "extra" cash comes in handy and you see yourself buying things that you dont need before. I was earning good money but I was also paying good money (interest) to the bank too! I am debt free now and I only use my credit card when I am buying expensive things (to get the points) or for some BIG discounts or when I am overseas and I got no local curreny to use.

So to those of you out there trying to get a credit card, take it from me. These "extra" spending power are not real. Use it only if you have the ability to pay back the next month. But it does comes in very handy especially when you are overseas or buying things over the net.

:lol: wierd.

There is reason in madness and madness in reason.

The banks here look at it from another angle.. you owe alot everywhere means you got spending power. You don't owe...means you got no spending power AKA no money.

Majority of the Americans owe money somewhere. You can buy a new car for USD$100 downpayment and pay a 15 year instalment at USD$100 a month. By the way... here got no COE or ten year limit on life of cars.

Everybody or anybody can drive the latest sportscar if they wanted to... just owe money for years lor.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/angelo_neo/IMG_1208-1.jpg

FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic :angel:

Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

There is reason in madness and madness in reason.

The banks here look at it from another angle.. you owe alot everywhere means you got spending power. You don't owe...means you got no spending power AKA no money.

Majority of the Americans owe money somewhere. You can buy a new car for USD$100 downpayment and pay a 15 year instalment at USD$100 a month. By the way... here got no COE or ten year limit on life of cars.

Everybody or anybody can drive the latest sportscar if they wanted to... just owe money for years lor.

Thats right, when i was in the states, even those poor people got a credit card. Every Tom **** Harry got a credit card. I am concerned that Singapore is going to lower the income requirement of credit card. A lot of people (esp the younger ones) will end up in debts that can take years to clear or they go bankrupt (whichever comes first). Ha HA.. :cheeky:

Cos the bank is earning money from him mah.....

Plus give you extra card doesn't mean extra credit

:cheeky: :dozed:

correct.... UOB platinum card annual income $30k can get liao........ :thumb:

"去哪兒???" ("Go where???")

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff190/aceboles/Girls%20and%20Bikes/pic31.jpg

Straight roads differentiate the rich and the poor

Corners differentiate the boys and the men

not all bank will do it "off record"... dbs quite strict, although u may have 30k p.a, but they will still reject u.. what i heard is they wan 30k, excluding bonus, which is about 2.5k salary per month... zzzz.....

hey dude, think u got it wrong... the 30k u mention is inclusive of bonus, OT and etc... ur monthly pay dun have to be 2.5k... as long as ur annual income is 30k, u r eligible for it..

speed is nothing without control!...

with greater power comes greater responsibilities!...

Its either 3 mths income statements or IR8A

if ur income is variable then the bank might need more documents from u... normally ir8a and income tax shld be sufficient...

speed is nothing without control!...

with greater power comes greater responsibilities!...

Yah.......

Sometimes bank account statement also....

i thought only for loans den they will look at your bank statement?? hmmm... so troublesome might as well dun apply for any card...