SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Does Policemen Have The Rite.??

TeRuNa

hi guys...just wanna clarify wif u guys whether policemen have the rite to raise/shout rite in ur face without u talking back to dem or retaliate...

coz on the 28th Aug 2008 at ard 11 plus..i was at haji lane arab st sheesha-ing wif my frens....den wen i was abt to move off to send my fren home i saw 3 sergeants and a lady corpral was at the place where i my fren n i park our bikes....so i rushed there...though i admit tht i did an offence of parking my bike along yellow-line and somehow,got this big hug cart parked besides me...therefore by it parking beside my bike...my bike was so called causing obstruction already...bt b4 tht,the cart wasn't there....den wen i came to my bike...out of a sudden...1 of the sergeant approach me and started to raise his voice and shouted make me scared of him which i was...hahaha...den aft the "scolding" he issued me a summon....i accept the fact tht i was in the wrong for parking on a double yellow line la...bt...i don't deserve to be shout at like small kids wat...there r the civil servant...we pay their salary...bt this is wat i get frm them...??pls guys...i need some answers.....:weep:

its true that he should not have shout or even be rude to you.But with this kind of language you are going to write in to them with, i suggest u better not . Your whole passage is full of spellings and grammatical errors . Not trying to support them but the words that u mentioned in tat sentence which i highlighted. neither you or me pay their salary, they pay income tax too and they are paid to protect sg. some of them i belive are just NS guys whom are doing their NS. dont like it? then dont park illegally . simple. in the first place are you even paying income tax yet??

People like you with this kind of mindset and thinking, just by mentioning " we pay their salary" is good enough to classify you as another demanding and typical guy whom was trying to get back at the guys in uniform for issuing you a ticket for illegal parking. no wonder the officer raised his voice at you.

you think by writing in stating that officer was rude to you can make them waive your ticket? save it. now its only a one sided story by you. but anyway i support TS to go make the complain. well, am not surprised if you are being charged for fabricating facts to slander or put to shame a public servant. haha.

"R" to we pray.

The new Religion

always remembered 糖果

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

teruna, if u wanna lodge a complain at NPP, bring along pen and paper.

Sometimes, they may have run out of these items and u mite need to use ur own. :lol:

the men in blue are human beings also, people like u and me, hence they are not perfect. U wanna complain, mite as well cover all avenues, SPF, ST, Stomp, etc.

The Road less Travelled

http://multiply.com/mu/aaronazmi/image/1/photos/177/600x600/51/PIC-0105-1.JPG?et=EPg%2B7KSmSyqSCJnhbA%2C62w&nmid=309411908

ppl from gov sector also pay taxes thou:giddy:

stupid mann. he pay policeman's salary? hahahahahahahahaah.

so policeman no nid pay taxes? hahahahahaahahaha.

no wonder he shouted at u.

they pay tax btw

seriously.. this is wat i wanna say!!

think they no need pay tax ah? like as if they owe u a life like that..

ur tax go to policeman salary so.. if ur money so big go become police lor..

Its a fact that all civil servants pay their taxes also. Maybe even much more than some of us here. If we were to say we pay their salary or own them, then I think it is only rite that they say that they also pay us or own us cos, in a way, after they had paid their taxes, we get to have a comfy life, e.g clear water from the tap, fresh food from the market, we get good roads to ride on, we see that fires are put out quickly, robbers are arrested swiftly, Singapore are defended well, medical facilities are best in the region, etc etc etc etc and the list goes on and on.

So in my opinion, unless you can say that you dun make use of any of the few facilities that i mentioned above, then it would be rite for you to say, you pay thier salary.

Otherwise we should not say we pay their salary. Anyway, Im sure there must be a reason why he had shouted. Moreover we only hear one side of the story.

If it is indeed true that he had reacted in such a manner that was stated then I think he is not tactful enough and by all means go and complain . Just dun add what is not true.

It is always easier to point a finger at others but we always forgot that whenever we pointed a finger at someone, four other fingers are pointing back to us.

Anyway, how loud is loud, how far is far, how tall is tall.......all very subjective.

true and neutral comment!! :thumb: :thumb:

all of us have bad days at work.. i believe jus a smile or a small attempt to make things more friendlier work have helped..

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/danielsin2/800_3108.jpg

Bro TeRuNa,

like one of the bros mentioned, you can lodge a complaint via the police website http://www.spf.gov.sg

Being rude is utterly unacceptable even if you're wrong.

The scenario that I forsee is that they will ask you over to the police station to have a coffee session. But do take note. Your complaint and request for waiver are two separate issues. If you complain and expect a waiver, then there's little credibility in your story. Can you imaging how many people have been using this trick? Everytime get summoned, complain and expect a waiver.

And please, don't say you're paying Civil Servants salary. Unless you're using GIRO which goes directly into a policeman's, fireman's, soldier's, etc bank account, then you're not paying their salary. If they pay taxes, does that make them self employed?

"Keep your friends close but your enemies closer"

aiyo.. part of our taxes goes to their pay.. thats all... haiya... just complain la.. no need to be so hot le... Gd Morning ppl...

Sorry, your taxes straight goes into the government reserves so there is no direct correlation between personal taxes and salary. The civil servant salary comes from the Accountant General Chambers & annual budget.

So, if the government gave you baby bonus, GST rebate, ERS and all that little crap, does that mean that the policemen, nurses, fireman, etc are paying you back, is it?

Wake up laaaa!!! You're enjoying the comforts and security provided by these civil servants yet you whine about a whole lot of things.

Generation of whiners!!!!!

Sorry, your taxes straight goes into the government reserves so there is no direct correlation between personal taxes and salary. The civil servant salary comes from the Accountant General Chambers & annual budget.

So, if the government gave you baby bonus, GST rebate, ERS and all that little crap, does that mean that the policemen, nurses, fireman, etc are paying you back, is it?

Wake up laaaa!!! You're enjoying the comforts and security provided by these civil servants yet you whine about a whole lot of things.

Generation of whiners!!!!!

Bro be proud!!;)

You are one of those few who talk sense here..:thumb:

amd i dont knw why but it freaking pisses me off when ppl say i pay policeman salary as if they owe ppl a living!!

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/danielsin2/800_3108.jpg

its true that he should not have shout or even be rude to you.But with this kind of language you are going to write in to them with, i suggest u better not . Your whole passage is full of spellings and grammatical errors . Not trying to support them but the words that u mentioned in tat sentence which i highlighted. neither you or me pay their salary, they pay income tax too and they are paid to protect sg. some of them i belive are just NS guys whom are doing their NS. dont like it? then dont park illegally . simple. in the first place are you even paying income tax yet??

People like you with this kind of mindset and thinking, just by mentioning " we pay their salary" is good enough to classify you as another demanding and typical guy whom was trying to get back at the guys in uniform for issuing you a ticket for illegal parking. no wonder the officer raised his voice at you.

you think by writing in stating that officer was rude to you can make them waive your ticket? save it. now its only a one sided story by you. but anyway i support TS to go make the complain. well, am not surprised if you are being charged for fabricating facts to slander or put to shame a public servant. haha.

Bro, if you look at the threadstarter's profile, he just turned 21 this year. Still haven't pay tax yet but bo paiseh say paying policeman's salary........ How???

the topic is "Does the Policemen have the rite.. (to shout at me i presume)"

Why can't TS just write that and not write" we pay their salary"

Is that point REALLY needed?

This is just a common mindset of ppl who have been dealt with the law in the TS case being summoned or even "shout" at.

We really must looked at the 2 sides of the coin.

I'm not saying the that TS is lying and must be given the benefit of doubt. But we will never hear the other party story.

Sometimes people raised their voice to get their opinions heard or sometimes they themselves did not know that they are shouting.

Last time, Policemen are treated with respect, now, i believe not even an ounce of respect is given.

its like,

"Police men, so? Big F is it?"

I have heard and seen how this guys work. They are the "superman" of SG. They are expected to solve anything. Failure to do so, Then comes the whiners. "We pay their salary what"

Like TangoLima, how much salary is paid by U?

When you have walked my path of pain and suffering

you will understand my need for revenge and to inflict pain on those who have betrayed me

As a scorpion bides its time to strike so shall I wait for that moment to obtain my vengeance

And my mocking laughter shall be the last thing they hear. In The End, We Remember Not The Words Of Our Enemies, But The Silence Of Friendships

What happened was I was asked for my ic at void deck and it's only 3 of us (all girls). So I questioned him why need to produce ic, it's not wrong what... then he raised his voice, say it's an offence not to produce ic when asked.... I laughed.. and say, "sorry what did you say? couldnt understand the language of shouting uh..."

He basically demanded for my ic, and i just say i have citizen right to refuse, coz i did nothing wrong and walked away.. my friend scared and ran after me.. The truth was, i dun have my ic with me at that point of time.. Haha..

u dont need to produce ur i/c

just any form of identification

failure to produce any identification will result in u be brought back to station to identify urself

macan putih is right, there's no need to carry your NRIC in Singapore because there's no law for that.

If you refuse to give your name and address, or the officer believes the information to be false, then he can bring you back to prove your identification.

He who hesitates is lost!

If he is being rude, then tell it to him in his face.

Nothing wrong in being a gentleman / lady by politely interrupting him by saying:

"There is no need for you to raise your voice".

There are some people out there, irregardless of civilian or public servant or even serviceman, who dont realize that they are shouting (i.e swallow mic, or volume control knob tercabut). If you tell them, usually they will adjust their volume. usually. But normally for these people they speak normally for a few sentences before they start screaming without realizing it.

Of course there are also some yaya papaya fellows who like to throw their weight around. for those instances, it is every citizen's right to see a police officer's warrant card if they smell anything fishy.

Exactly. Just say yes I was wrong, I'm sorry, there's no need to yell at me. Easy and it solves the problem.

He who hesitates is lost!

Well, People.... :dot: this is not a thread about paying salary... in which it has become... its about a guy being treated badly as though he OWES the kuku Policeman something.

lets get back to the topic.

yar man, lets get back to the topic..... scrap the taxes thing.

so many angry people in this forum....

Ya lor....

So many angry people over Mickey Mouse matters. Cheh!!

Why get so angry sey... Back to topic uh...

-blast3dGal-

2B since 07/07/08

Aprilia RS125'05 (FBC9258A) 21/08/08 - 31/07/10

Piaggio ______ (FB______) 31/07/10 - ???

"waste" time...

if there is real truth in the shouting...

SPF for a matter of fact will find out the truth and reply u accordingly...

they are customer oriented too.

we all are nt there only the TS and others are there.

why are we talking abt taxes etc???

dun work lor... then no need to pay income tax.

haha

btw i am nt from the police.

but many police frd are there watching. let's live in harmony...

no police will identified themselves here that there are police. it will cause too much conflict. if we are in the wrong... juz accept and move on.

cheers

http://images.quizesilver.multiply.com/image/8/photos/19/500x500/1/Picture3.jpg?et=pp72A3vHiyWV%2B1gmEDuh4g&nmid=137248738

Bro be proud!!;)

You are one of those few who talk sense here..:thumb:

amd i dont knw why but it freaking pisses me off when ppl say i pay policeman salary as if they owe ppl a living!!

well yes. the phrase "we pay their salary" really irks me off.

Bro, if you look at the threadstarter's profile, he just turned 21 this year. Still haven't pay tax yet but bo paiseh say paying policeman's salary........ How???

thats why. got money own a bike , no money to park in proper place. got fine then come and whine

Well, People.... :dot: this is not a thread about paying salary... in which it has become... its about a guy being treated badly as though he OWES the kuku Policeman something.

lets get back to the topic.

i belive u are trying to help your TS friend, since u said that this is not a thread about paying salary, then why ur TS friend need to mention "we pay their salary" ? for heck? anyway what do you mean by treated badly by the kuku policeman?. how bad is bad and how loud is loud? why not tell us why the heck did TS and friends park illegally in the first place?

Why get so angry sey... Back to topic uh...

u also another one saying that you pay part of their salary? as above then.

"R" to we pray.

The new Religion

always remembered 糖果

she gal wad... of coz talk stupidly la.

haha. btw if TS got Update.. u go click on his profile.. and see under "occupation" STUDENT?

so what tax is he even paying when he is just 21 this yr and still a student?? typical trying to get back at policeman mindset.

"R" to we pray.

The new Religion

always remembered 糖果

aiyah wad to do. alot of ppl tink Civil Servants earn their keeps from the meagre tax that they paid. If we have 1 million Peter Lims here in SG can say la, their taxes is alot.. but commoners like him pay taxes for Civil Servants? Prolly pay for the Civil Servants'bus fares to and from work.

Haha. Get a life mann.

aiyah wad to do. alot of ppl tink Civil Servants earn their keeps from the meagre tax that they paid. If we have 1 million Peter Lims here in SG can say la, their taxes is alot.. but commoners like him pay taxes for Civil Servants? Prolly pay for the Civil Servants'bus fares to and from work.

Haha. Get a life mann.

haha . yeah...unless he belongs to some elite family.

"R" to we pray.

The new Religion

always remembered 糖果

Like TangoLima, how much salary is paid by U?

time to look for Dalai Lama for advice liao:p

cant u sense my sarcasm?

ermmm, nope

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

Guest tangolima

Haha. Get a life mann.

si beh kanasai leh lu... hahahahaha read this i can pengz siak... :giddy: :p