SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

National Bikers Weekend & SBF Anniversary 2008 : 28 to 30 Nov 2008

Kushinagar

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here's my comments for NBW. I dunno where to post this..

I dunno why they ask for helpers but never utilise them... Think next year, they should have the courtesy to call the helpers, brief and utilize them. I go there, like ping pong ball, you call this person, this person. And in the midst of calling the people, i heard someone complain ask where are all the helpers? I felt like, "eh i tot I just declare myself as helper, you pushed me aside ask me call another guy, and there you are complaining no helper? I'm sure the list and numbers were passed to him/her.. how come no calls were made if there need more helpers?"

It made me wonder.. And I felt useless.. In the end, I felt like there's no point volunteering and being there... Coz noone instruct me what to help or if I'm ever needed there.. Hope this can be improved for next year...

And the bike competition... I felt like it's unfair, if shops wanna participate then I guess there should be a separate competition for the shops and one for personal bikes.. Then it'd be a fair competition, coz shops can do wonders(sponsored or heavily discounted).. Personal bikes, it takes a lot of effort to save, beautify and maintain..

Just my humble thoughts..

-blast3dGal-

2B since 07/07/08

Aprilia RS125'05 (FBC9258A) 21/08/08 - 31/07/10

Piaggio ______ (FB______) 31/07/10 - ???

I dunno why they ask for helpers but never utilise them... Think next year, they should have the courtesy to call the helpers, brief and utilize them. I go there, like ping pong ball, you call this person, this person. And in the midst of calling the people, i heard someone complain ask where are all the helpers? I felt like, "eh i tot I just declare myself as helper, you pushed me aside ask me call another guy, and there you are complaining no helper? I'm sure the list and numbers were passed to him/her.. how come no calls were made if there need more helpers?"

It made me wonder.. And I felt useless.. In the end, I felt like there's no point volunteering and being there... Coz noone instruct me what to help or if I'm ever needed there.. Hope this can be improved for next year...

And the bike competition... I felt like it's unfair, if shops wanna participate then I guess there should be a separate competition for the shops and one for personal bikes.. Then it'd be a fair competition, coz shops can do wonders(sponsored or heavily discounted).. Personal bikes, it takes a lot of effort to save, beautify and maintain..

Just a response from me, in now way represent a response from the NBW organizers.

Sis, are you refrerring to the helpers fro tthe 3 days event? Cos if you are, we were there. I believe the helpers were already informed to report everyday at 10am where you will be briefed and haded out the red tee.

1001424_10151882216934136_1446435389_n.jpg

Await the birth.

#singamaxima

For wed and thur i put my name up and inform that i'm available after 7pm.. Friday i put my name for 7pm onwards. Saturday, Sunday yes i put my name full time, but I was not called at all. As a reminder or anything like that, neither was I told on Wed/Thurs when I was there to help.

When we put our names to help, they said organizer will call us up for more details/information, wait for call like wait for male chicken to lay eggs. I asked if volunteers can participate convoy, they say if got enough we can, i wasn't called or informed, so I just participate convoy, since I had a bad taste of being there but not instructed, it's like i stand there declare myself as helper (for wed/thurs) then ask me put bag aside, then ask us wait, we wait, standing here standing there, still no instructions. Then 4 men were chosen, and still got like 5 of us standing there nothing to do.. Then was asked to follow somewhere, then asked to wait again.. in the end i fell asleep, woke up still the rest got nothing to do.. Thus my decision to just follow convoy at least I'll feel useful and doing something.

The thing is, why wasn't there any calls made to like confirm the helpers availability or anything like that?

-blast3dGal-

2B since 07/07/08

Thats the thing, why never call or sms to inform of such briefing? They say will call with more details for volunteers/helpers. But I wait for the call/ more information like wait for male chicken lay eggs.

-blast3dGal-

2B since 07/07/08

Thats the thing, why never call or sms to inform of such briefing? They say will call with more details for volunteers/helpers. But I wait for the call/ more information like wait for male chicken lay eggs.

Sis, were you given to access rights to the NBW sub forum? If yes, details abt the briefing and othere details for helpers were posted there.

1001424_10151882216934136_1446435389_n.jpg

Await the birth.

#singamaxima

Chill sis, at least we have a good time pasting the company name sticker on top of the tent. It a display of great teamwork between us... just remember the good and forget the bad... :angel:

Regardless of race,religion and gender.

We sworn to our duty and honour.

We carry out our duty as a team and not indivdual.

We protect the Honour and interest of the TEAM.

Because,

We are all BIKERS

may i know any verification done after mentioning username? thanks.

hmm..the lucky draw number can be found in this forums ya? so it's still the same to mention either one? ya..you are right,we are all old enough but security measure still have to be done..:angel:

Bro rayhunter,

Thanks for the understanding that initally it was decided that NBW Goodie Bag were to be issue over at the Organiser - In2 Pte Ltd booth and the SBF Anniversary 2008 Pack over at the Organiser - SBF booth. However, as SBF is the one collecting the payment for both the item, we realised that ALL people will expect to collect their's from the SBF booth and I've got to decide on site to collect all NBW Goodie bag on behalf and transfer it over to the SBF booth.

For those that have made payment and yet to collect theirs, do not worry as we've already safekeep it for collection arrangement.

Erm, dun mention your username when you go to collect. mention your LUCKY DRAW NUMBER. then you will be ask to verify whether the username is yours not. (That's what happened when i go collect mine today)

It seems that everyone can just go and say that unsername is his, but i guess we all are big enough to know what is integrity. :D

Thanks sis for assisting SBF members to ease our workload over at the event gound...:thumb:

OMG hope no more torch light for the prize anymore....

i got the small ones..:cheeky:

Bros,

These are sponsored products and this is our way of giving back to the members. It's not about how expensive is the prizes but that SBF members enjoy the Anniversary celebrations and win something. I hope future SBF Anniversary celebration we will have better and more prizes than this year. :cheeky:

For wed and thur i put my name up and inform that i'm available after 7pm.. Friday i put my name for 7pm onwards. Saturday, Sunday yes i put my name full time, but I was not called at all. As a reminder or anything like that, neither was I told on Wed/Thurs when I was there to help.

When we put our names to help, they said organizer will call us up for more details/information, wait for call like wait for male chicken to lay eggs. I asked if volunteers can participate convoy, they say if got enough we can, i wasn't called or informed, so I just participate convoy, since I had a bad taste of being there but not instructed, it's like i stand there declare myself as helper (for wed/thurs) then ask me put bag aside, then ask us wait, we wait, standing here standing there, still no instructions. Then 4 men were chosen, and still got like 5 of us standing there nothing to do.. Then was asked to follow somewhere, then asked to wait again.. in the end i fell asleep, woke up still the rest got nothing to do.. Thus my decision to just follow convoy at least I'll feel useful and doing something.

The thing is, why wasn't there any calls made to like confirm the helpers availability or anything like that?

So they pick and choose uh.. Sexist~

ah.. suddenly so many things i dunno.. so much of posting my name as volunteer...

Sis,

Forgive me that things turn out this way resulting in your displeasure as being the co-organiser together with MCA, we have alot of issues to handle. I thanks you for coming down on 26 Nov night to help out. :thumb:

For the volunteer helpers for 26 & 27 Nov, I've submitted the name list to the event organiser and I've also met you at the event ground on 26 Nov night together with bro @swat right?

There were alot of work ongoing that night and it might be a case of miscommunications somewhere. I was there later as I need to divert away to handle the SBF Anniversary Pack making sure quantity ordered are correct and all prizes are already collected before I returned to handle NBW issues.

The weather on 26 Nov night was turning foul when I arrived and sensing that the group was about to leave, I remember telling you to go ahead if you all want to go back. The work did not stop there as we were still there doing up the booths back-drop, barricade, etc etc and by the time we left the event ground it was already 3+am.

About being Sexist, I do not think so that we choose volunteer as if you read back the pages, there were 2 list and the ones on the confirmed & committed list for the 3-days event full-time crews were ;-

For NBW 2008, our event Organiser, In2 Pte Ltd are seeking for 15 x FULL-TIME Crews. So far, through the gathering of helpers list we have the following committed crew now ;-

1. Wen gege

2. RedGixxer688

3. RedGixxer688's Friend

4. y0s_bikey

5. Quincy

6. xiaostorm

7. chipNdaLe

8. Shiloh

Much apologies to ALL that I might have offended be it due to misunderstanding or accidental and it is not my intentions to do so. My sincere gratitude to all that have render their assistance to me and andy in one way or another. I've learnt alot throught this event and have make even more friends and I hope every members had enjoy this event as much as me even thought alot of hard work involved.

For now, I will need to have some rest, sort out all outstanding issue to this event and do allow me some time to handle them in order to close the chapter completely.

Best regards

Andrew

Yes... I dun deny we had fun.. But i think there's ample room for improvement for next year. I do not regret or intend to stop volunteering if I have the capacity.. Just hope next year, helpers will be more informed and called upon.. I understand it's difficult to satisfy everyone, been there done that..

-blast3dGal-

2B since 07/07/08

Cant help you answer that. What I know, Wengege, Shiloh and myself were called by the Organizer and given the instructions. Dunno why they never call you.

we needed brute strength banglas to move stuff around lah. How can ask lady to do that? :cheeky: :angel:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Loontoot/Funny%20Pics/adminuser4mw.gif

<CMO> Quality IT Services for homes & businesses.

<CMO> 3M Products from U.S.A

I've helped my sister move house, and helped carry a fridge with my aunt.. Women have got strength too..

Dun mean to say what la.. I'm sure there're other duties that ladies can do if noone trust a lady's strength.. It's the courtesy to at least give instructions and call us up with our duties or something like that.

Anyways, I'm not trying to spike things up, it's over and done with. Just wanna raise this so next year would be better...

-blast3dGal-

2B since 07/07/08

yeah~ nice meeting everyone.. Nice chatting up with ya Kenneth..

And yes, personal thanks and gratitude to Andrew for calling me up~

Looking forward for next year's NBW.

-blast3dGal-

2B since 07/07/08