SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Piaggio MP3 Cafe 2009

CCK

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest CessnaPilot

Hi, I'm looking for a used MP3 250 or 400 as a gift for my nephew. Not sure if there are any in the market at the moment. Can someone recommend a bike shop that sells them?

Appreciate it.

Hi, I'm looking for a used MP3 250 or 400 as a gift for my nephew. Not sure if there are any in the market at the moment. Can someone recommend a bike shop that sells them?

Appreciate it.

shouldnt be a problem... i think there are quite a number of used ones along changi road bike shops.. have a look probablky.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w456/ScooterNarcotics/543672_382788441759549_183858111652584_1021489_1466028451_n.jpg

Full servicing, Custom Jobs, Motorcycle/Scooter Check, Modifications & Paintjobs at the MOST competitive rate. 10 Kaki Bukit Road 1 #01-03

Call 86878551

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

WTS my Piaggio MP3 400 black colour. 1 year 11 months old. Current mileage around 26k. Asking for $11,500. I love this machine. It's got lots of storage (nothing beats the amount of space under the seat), ride is smooth, stable and a real joy. But I'm selling because it's too costly (tires and repairs makes me think I'm driving a car instead) and troublesome (control unit and pump failure in less than 2 years) for me to maintain. Switching to a lower maintenance bike.

First. The negative.

• Slipped and fell in a carpark once during wet weather. (Yes. Even with three wheels, it does happen if you're not careful) Repaired the steering columns and replace the body parts that were broken. So they're new.
  • Handbrake works but can be released even if the key is in the lock position. Heard it's a simple repair. But will have to check how much.
  • Tilt lock control unit just changed. Shorted out. Not sure why that happened. Only noticed that it happened after I rode in an extremely heavy downpour around 2 weeks ago. Another MP3 400 came in with a similar problem while I was waiting for mine to be fixed. Anyway, it's now new and calibrated (according to the mechanics).
  • Tile lock pressure pump/control failed at the same time as the control unit and just fixed with new one. Mechanic said that Italian counterpart says to keep the tilt lock unlock when parking long term (ie. during the night) to prevent such things from happening. According to them, this happens a lot.

Now, the positive.

• All parts are stock, except for the additional horn.
  • Well taken care of. Serviced every 2500km instead of 5000km. Belt and rollers changed. New ones.
  • Body washed and waxed almost every week.
  • Refueled every time it reaches half tank with Shell V Power. (Not sure if this is considered a good point, you guys be the judge)
  • Comes with a Givi box mounting specifically for MP3, I'm keeping the box though. Can be easily tilted up for access to boot.
  • Battery just changed to a brand new one around 2 months ago during servicing.

I'm being open about all the faults and problems I've encountered with my unit so do note what you're getting into when considering. Maybe you'll have better luck than me with this unit.

PM if interested. Serious buyers only. Please don't contact me if you just want to try out the bike and take it for a spin, you can do that at ADH. Appreciate your understanding.

Thanks.

Any offers? Or suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi,

WTS my Piaggio MP3 400 black colour. 1 year 11 months old. Current mileage around 26k. Asking for $11,500. I love this machine. It's got lots of storage (nothing beats the amount of space under the seat), ride is smooth, stable and a real joy. But I'm selling because it's too costly (tires and repairs makes me think I'm driving a car instead) and troublesome (control unit and pump failure in less than 2 years) for me to maintain. Switching to a lower maintenance bike.

First. The negative.

• Slipped and fell in a carpark once during wet weather. (Yes. Even with three wheels, it does happen if you're not careful) Repaired the steering columns and replace the body parts that were broken. So they're new.
  • Handbrake works but can be released even if the key is in the lock position. Heard it's a simple repair. But will have to check how much.
  • Tilt lock control unit just changed. Shorted out. Not sure why that happened. Only noticed that it happened after I rode in an extremely heavy downpour around 2 weeks ago. Another MP3 400 came in with a similar problem while I was waiting for mine to be fixed. Anyway, it's now new and calibrated (according to the mechanics).
  • Tile lock pressure pump/control failed at the same time as the control unit and just fixed with new one. Mechanic said that Italian counterpart says to keep the tilt lock unlock when parking long term (ie. during the night) to prevent such things from happening. According to them, this happens a lot.

Now, the positive.

• All parts are stock, except for the additional horn.
  • Well taken care of. Serviced every 2500km instead of 5000km. Belt and rollers changed. New ones.
  • Body washed and waxed almost every week.
  • Refueled every time it reaches half tank with Shell V Power. (Not sure if this is considered a good point, you guys be the judge)
  • Comes with a Givi box mounting specifically for MP3, I'm keeping the box though. Can be easily tilted up for access to boot.
  • Battery just changed to a brand new one around 2 months ago during servicing.

I'm being open about all the faults and problems I've encountered with my unit so do note what you're getting into when considering. Maybe you'll have better luck than me with this unit.

PM if interested. Serious buyers only. Please don't contact me if you just want to try out the bike and take it for a spin, you can do that at ADH. Appreciate your understanding.

Thanks.

Hi all,

A note... Look out for this part...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/22/yheraga3.jpg

Make sure it doesn't leak. Apparently this is a part that will most commonly leak your tilt lock mechanism's hydraulic fluid and cause problems.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm interested to the MP3, still not sure of getting used or new yet.

Like to find out where did you guys get it from for brand new. Is it better to get it from ADH (their price seem more expensive)?

I don't mind used either but haven't find any good deal on the 300cc/400cc version.

If I buy used, what are the things I should be looking out for? Please advise. Thank you all!

Hi all,

Like to find out where did you guys get it from for brand new. Is it better to get it from ADH (their price seem more expensive)?

I don't mind used either but haven't find any good deal on the 300cc/400cc version.

If I buy used, what are the things I should be looking out for? Please advise. Thank you all!

Hi all,

with the rising coe, cases of getting the mp3 should discount the fact of it's hefty $3k. make a comparison base on machine price first.

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w456/ScooterNarcotics/543672_382788441759549_183858111652584_1021489_1466028451_n.jpg

Full servicing, Custom Jobs, Motorcycle/Scooter Check, Modifications & Paintjobs at the MOST competitive rate. 10 Kaki Bukit Road 1 #01-03

Call 86878551

Soon going to be selling May 2010 MP3 400, official piaggio top box, black colour, always serviced at ADH, 36k km, only modification is dr pully clutch and rollers to give better pickup and fc, belt changed at last service, have all paperwork, $8.7k

SMS 9154 4629 for more detail, will be posting to for sale section once I have pictures sorted. Reason for sale is am changing work place (further away) so need to upgrade to car.

• 1 month later...

I am intending to sell my Mp3 125 RL. Number plate will be retained and you will get a new plate. Bought the bike because wife wanted me to get rid of my Ducati then. And I needed to retain my plate after a 1 year hiatus.

Not sure what to ask for but will post information once firmed up. Mileage is less than 50k kms. Black in colour and looks new still. Tilt lock works well and serviced in Tai Hin in December 2013. I hardly use it.

Keen parties can drop me a PM first. As I am travelling and will be back end of the week, I will send you my mobile as I dont want to chalk up hefty mobile bills.

Details as below:-

Make / Model:

PIAGGIO / MP3 125 RL

Year of Manufacture:

Engine Capacity:

124 cc

Original Registration Date:

23 Dec 2008

Open Market Value:

$3,945.00

COE Expiry Date:

22 Dec 2018

Colour:

Black

Mileage:

46,000 kms

No Box or Back Rest.

:cool:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jsDmFPg_Qm8/TKHV3JmJX_I/AAAAAAAABQc/l3AA9IAbbtI/s1600/Scan_01_Biker%2520Mice%2520from%2520Mars_8x10_RGB_BG_TX%2520copy.gif

• 2 weeks later...