SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

V-Strom (650cc & 1000cc)

tranZition

Originally posted by xanc@April 08, 2007 01:00 am

al-simmons bro, ur skid plate and crash bar from sw-motech?

n the handguards for the 1000 dun fits well on the 650.. sadly.. :(

skid plate is sw motech..

crashbar i'm using hnb...

handguards need to modify....maybe i can take a look at it first...can see the necessary modifications..

"The road less travelled"

380430_10150542159155027_725570026_11064521_1701187442_n.jpg

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Al-Simmons@April 08, 2007 11:27 am

skid plate is sw motech..

crashbar i'm using hnb...

handguards need to modify....maybe i can take a look at it first...can see the necessary modifications..

so the motech skid plate can be fixed on any crashbars?

cos i was at biketech and they showed me the motech catalogue.. the product description states tat it can only be fix on a motech or a OEM crashbar..

if it's able to fit any crashbars, im very interested to haf a givi one.. :D

gang-> dL1k handguards do not fit the 650 handlebar,

i've already tried with a couple of shops,even loois motor,and it seems to me,it would be more time saving,money saving,and logical to import the guards..

the left side 1k guards were designed to accomodate the hydraulic clutch cylinder,which the 650 does not have.

one long barend bolt costs $15 liao lo~

two bolts-$30

handguards-$38

misc+blood & sweat-$20

equals to $88! :faint:

Originally posted by xanc@April 08, 2007 01:27 pm

so the motech skid plate can be fixed on any crashbars?

cos i was at biketech and they showed me the motech catalogue.. the product description states tat it can only be fix on a motech or a OEM crashbar..

if it's able to fit any crashbars, im very interested to haf a givi one.. :D

there's 2 model for the motech skid plate...but both look the same..

the only different is the bracket..

for those not using motech crashbar....the skidplate comes with a bracket...

those using motech crashbar...the skidplate is mounted to crashbar that runs just in front of the radiator...

however...if u bought the wrong skidplate....(non motech skidplate fitted with the motech crashbar)...it can still be mounted...the only problem is that the screw given will not be long enough..

u'll need to get a longer screw....

20mm M6 screw x 2. the one given is only 10mm.

Originally posted by Al-Simmons@April 08, 2007 12:33 am

if there's a distributor here of the products u want...might as well order from here...

distributor can get cheaper price...they got additional discount of the market price..

Yeah, coz my side stand is also v irritating n low, thinking of getting main stand, engine guard also. So only biketech21 has right?

Give 100% of yourself......................10% of the time!!

if there's a distributor here of the products u want...might as well order from here...

distributor can get cheaper price...they got additional discount of the market price..

Yeah, coz my side stand is also v irritating n low, thinking of getting main stand, engine guard also. So only biketech21 has right?

depends on which brand.. givi(219 motorshop), h&b(any shop which brings them in), motech(biketech).. from wat i noe, all 3 brands carry mainstand n engine guard.. i'll most prob be getting the givi anytime soon..

Al-simmons: icic, thnx for the info.. do u happen to haf the part num for the skidplate u having? wanna enquire at biketech.. :smile:

byteblock: great site for diy.. mass order still on?

xanc-mass order sibo? only you and me ley! hahahaha... on la..i enquired with vpost,our troubles are solved.we can buy at the online site,then post to our vpost address.i'm waiting for my CD to see how it works first hor! in the meantime...

i recce for the best price online..seems like this is the best..

http://www.ridenowonline.com/product_detai...ff-4054821994ca

SGD$156 for two sets excluding shipping to singapore via Vpost

Originally posted by byteblock@April 09, 2007 04:28 pm

xanc-mass order sibo? only you and me ley! hahahaha... on la..i enquired with vpost,our troubles are solved.we can buy at the online site,then post to our vpost address.i'm waiting for my CD to see how it works first hor! in the meantime...

i recce for the best price online..seems like this is the best..

http://www.ridenowonline.com/product_detai...ff-4054821994ca

SGD$156 for two sets excluding shipping to singapore via Vpost

yeah good.........u can share with us see if vpost works. Coz' I heard friend order some stuff from USA only $10 to post here. Me asked BikeTech bout main stand n guards, $255 and $280. 219 Motoshop got no stock.

byteblock: onz la bro! u wanna wait for ur cd first den we do the handleguards? :D

mamagye: bro, if u wanna get the givi one, we can order together.. i noe the guy at 219.. see can get any better price not.. cos 90% i'll be getting a givi guard n windshield.. tink the givi guard is less than $200..

alrite man, thnx byteblock bro!

anybody noe how fast i can travel for the 2nd part of runnin in?

cos ive reached 800km and i was told to travel to 7000rpm which is very fast since 5000rpm is already 90km/h.. :confuse:

ride safe everybody and take care for those on their way to hatyai~

saw al-simmons and his fren this afternoon.. ncie bikes they haf...

a few more wks and im all set to go vroom!!

i'm back!! haha

PasSion for rIdinG burns as long as my soul lives...

RidEs

_____

Kymco Zinc150..Honda TA150..Suzuki Despardo400..Honda CB400 PB1..Yamaha Spark110..Suzuki V_Strom 1000k3..Yamaha Majesty Yp250..Suzuki DR650 SE..Honda Sonic125..Yamaha Fino'08..Honda CBF150'07..Honda Deauville 650..B-Bone125..

some photos of the ride...

firstly the blessings from the gods..

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p5f29e8bc5c4ff1d744957a5596edcee6/e9e518ea.jpg

the riders...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p56d373cb4015dc713115d746e41ac204/e9e5153e.jpg

the rides...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p449109212ea945fa855a8666e74d99bd/e9e50c8c.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p609a4b3ca5a6e9321399a1077ed1d9c5/e9e50eab.jpg

the rest of the photos are in my multiply...

thanks to the 4 riders who make it happen..

hopefully can get more stroms for upcoming rides..