SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

V-Strom (650cc & 1000cc)

tranZition

Originally posted by Al-Simmons@April 05, 2007 01:39 am

ibbster >>> Thanks. At least now can gauge my petrol spending.

mamaqye >>> My friend made a tailored suit in Phuket. Maybe u can zoomed to Phuket on the way up. From my estimation, if you can manage 190km/h all the way to Phuket. U can just get it in time and still join us in Hatyai.

See u on Tuesday night.

xanc >>> My tyres show 41 psi if i'm not wrong. U should check urs, should be the same.

desmokat >>> :bow: 180km/h already my front tyre fishtail. I think i'm too light.

Any other strommers want to join for meet up on Tuesday night. Venue yet to confirm. Should be after 9pm.

Al - for s'pore > hatyai > s'pore, I usually spend less than RM200 on fuel, about 6 times top up full tank, average speed about 140kmph

go hard, be smart, play fair, have fun...RiDe oN....

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Al-Simmons@April 05, 2007 01:39 am

mamaqye >>> My friend made a tailored suit in Phuket. Maybe u can zoomed to Phuket on the way up. From my estimation, if you can manage 190km/h all the way to Phuket. U can just get it in time and still join us in Hatyai.

See u on Tuesday night.

Nah...........wont travel so far to make afew shirts. haha. Anyway, I was checking some hotels in HatYai, U guys have any hotels in mind? I saw nice Lee Garden Hotel about 1200BHT => SGD50plus==> SGD20plus each person sharing. I'm open to anything. Prefer to have covered parking for bike though.....I not bringing my bike cover.

Anyway serviced bike already. Engine Oil DELPHI fully syn $60(3btls), Oil filter ($18), thighten chain, check tyres (34-36 psi front- back) . The yellow monster is ready!!

Give 100% of yourself......................10% of the time!!

Oh anyway guys, I saw a damn cool HJC full face at MOTOworld. Can switch between Off-Road n dirt and then remove visor can be normal full face! $160 only...........cheap. Got plain blue n 2 other designs. I bought the normal matt black full face though.............more suitable for boring guy like me...........heh

ok about the 650 OEM guards...i've got a friend in germany,will try to ask him if theres any way to send them over to singapore,as all the online US sites i've checked don't ship internationally.

and don't bother to find locally.none have it.only loois will be able to modify the 1Kcc guards to fit our 650.bear in mind that you gotta leave your bike there for arnd 3hrs,and it will cost around $90..

will get back to you guys once i got news on the handguards aite..

as for our speedo problem,there's this dude in the US who makes the corrected gauge faces..he has it in KM/H,here's his link.

http://www.raceratb.com/austin/car/dl650.htm

he doesn't have the 1000cc in km/h though... :sian:

Originally posted by mamaqye@April 05, 2007 05:15 pm

Oh anyway guys, I saw a damn cool HJC full face at MOTOworld. Can switch between Off-Road n dirt and then remove visor can be normal full face! $160 only...........cheap. Got plain blue n 2 other designs. I bought the normal matt black full face though.............more suitable for boring guy like me...........heh

hahaha yea dude i saw them too,damn cool helmet...

but i feel that they're not practical for touring...?

you try first ley then tell us :thumb:

byteblock: thanks for enquiring from ur german fren.. appreciate it.. and ive checked out the modified 1000 guard on a 650, kinda crooked to one side on the cluth lever end.. it looks ugly to me..

and the helmet was cool, but not practical.. went there on saturday to shop for my gf.. the roll bahn helmet is gd tho.. light and manufactured by HJC...

im keen on getting the speedo thingy n i did emailed the guy in charge on any possibility of having a cheaper price for a mass order.. sadly he 'll only charge one shipping fee for all the meters instead of charging per piece.. and no chance of lowering the price..

Originally posted by byteblock@April 05, 2007 06:43 pm

hahaha yea dude i saw them too,damn cool helmet...

but i feel that they're not practical for touring...?

you try first ley then tell us :thumb:

Actually I THINK it might be more suitable for touring actually. Reason coz' the mouth part juts very far out in front so u get more space to "breathe" ==> Do u guys find that if ride with normal full face helmet under hot Singappore sun, sometimes it seems u are breathing in your own carbon dioxide. coz' the plastic part so close to your mouth. Cant explain the feeling..................plus dirt bike helmets tend to have better ventilation.

Reason I didnt buy is coz' it dont fit my box............haha.............dats all............:thumb:

sumhow i find tat a scrambler full face is not as sturdy as a normal one due to its shape.. imagine IF crash and land face first, the sharp end of the fullface mite juz cave in..

and yeah, cun fit into most boxes too.. :D

byteblock: u got any probs wif going up humps or up kerbs w/o any protection for the bottom of the engine? cos the oil filter seems to protrude out very precariously... looking at skid plates to install, wonder if it's worth it..

I got both the speedohealer and the mentioned HJC helmet.

Here's my feedback :

Speedohealer

- Actually u cant hardly knew the differences when u r actually riding. U wont knew the actual speed unless u ve a GPS unit OR until u got stopped by TP. I have yet to try riding alongside with another Vstrom at a certain speed.

HJC Dual purpose fullface helmet

- One thing .... its look cool to wear this type of helmet on the Strom. But not that perfect for going high speed of above 160km/h ... u had to keep ur head down to avoid the wind blast especialy when passing by GIANT lorry

Its cheaper than Shoei TX Motard or Arai TourX but yet offer a reasonable comfort.(Value for money) . Quality better than those available at AH Boy or Regina.

xanc-bro don't wait liao the bellypan must be top on the list..

i went to riding to malaysia damn scared about the stomach..

the bellypan will be my next purchase.

definitely worth it dude

most strommers here would get the touratech one,its the most practical one i've seen,its also damn fierce...

sets you back around $280..Al-Simmons just ordered his.

but i feel its not the prettiest one,compared to this PODIA pan

http://www.motoagora.com

damn gorgeous but damn painful on the wallet :smile:

powerbronze also got bellypan for 650

FastForward-> bro i think u mean Shoei Hornet..not Shoei TX Motard :sweat:

all 650 dudes-> in the event that my pal can't find the handguards in his country,

we might wanna consider this site-->

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-06-Suzuk...sspagenameZWDVW

i did some maths,and if we imported 3 handguard kits together,

it would cost only SGD$56 for each set!

you guys go check it out and tell me if you feel its viable.

byteblock: did u guys get the plastic bellypan, or a metal skidplate as shown in the podia link.. cos ive been in a dillema regarding this..

cos the motech pan can only fit the motech crashbar and i dun like the the crashbar as it only guards the fairings while i prefer the one by Givi.. the only one which can fit wif givi bar cost a bomb wif shipping.. check this out..

http://www.amotostuff.com/Merchant2/mercha...dl650_body_wind

lemme go check the touratech and powerbronze one..

if al-simmon juz got the motech one, i guess the guys at biketech was toking abt him.. :D

im currently enquiring on the ebay handguards and see wat we can get.. :smile:

to all 650 guys, i contacted the ebay guy that byteblock suggested and here's the quote he gave me..

per piece is US$39.99 and shipping is $59.90.. so the more pieces we can get, the more we can divide the shipping cost..

base on 3, each set cost SGD$90.76..

im kinda interested.. wat abt u guys? :bounce:

xanc-bro i think thats the one al-simmons bought..the shiny aluminium one..kekekeke..

count me in for the handguards bro! :)

that makes two of us.anyone else?

DL650K4-K6 OEM handguards

Cost-SGD$91

1)xanc

2)byteblock

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r243/byteblock/DL650Handguards.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r243/byteblock/Handguards2.jpg

Originally posted by byteblock@April 07, 2007 12:33 pm

xanc-bro i think thats the one al-simmons bought..the shiny aluminium one..kekekeke..

DL650K4-K6 OEM handguards

Cost-SGD$91

1)xanc

2)byteblock

Say U know if the hand guards fit on the DL1000? Anyway guys, have U guys tried vPOST on hte SIngPost website? I heard sometimes can ship things from USA only $10 ah? Somemore Citibank card got 15% discount on postage from now to June07. You guys tried b4?

Anyway for the un-informed. I was just introduced to vPOST by another friend. Apparently what happens is that you order watever crap from US or JAPAN sites, they post it for v v cheap to a common address (somewhere in Oregon, usa) and SingPost will consolidate and ship all to us bummers here in Singapore. I havent used the service yet though.................dunno how it works in detail. Apparently they go by parcel SIZE, not weight. And only available for USA and JAPAN products I think.

mamaqye-dude don't make the mistake i made.i bought the DL1k guards thinking it can be mod with little effort.i was wrong.

it takes a shiteload of work to make them fit to the 650.

only the OEM dl650 kit shown above will fit perfectly.

Description: KNUCKLE COVER SET

Part number: 57300-27820-291

Application: DL650K4-K6 :thumb:

Originally posted by byteblock@April 07, 2007 03:49 pm

mamaqye-dude don't make the mistake i made.i bought the DL1k guards thinking it can be mod with little effort.i was wrong.

Oh ok..........thanks. Me riding a DL1000 k2 anyway, so maybe I needa order myself. U guys think ordering main stand and crash bar cheaper from USA? Hmmmm................backside itchy.

mamagye: lemme see if i can get the 1000 set at the same price from the same guy.. and i believe it wouldnt be cheaper if get frm USA.. unless the brand u cun get in singapore.. cos the shipping is a killer!!

vpost would be gd if the store provide free shipping in USA and all we need to do is juz pay for the vpost shipping...

guys wanna meet up and la kopi?? tink better tat way and can view each others bikes.. :D

Originally posted by byteblock@April 07, 2007 03:49 pm

bro...can try contact aikon...maybe he can give u an idea on how to fit it..

he just fitted the dl1000 handguards onto the vara1000...

anyway the dl1000 handguards are cheap...if u take some effort to to fit it into the 650...will save u alot...

"The road less travelled"

380430_10150542159155027_725570026_11064521_1701187442_n.jpg

Originally posted by mamaqye@April 07, 2007 07:19 pm

Oh ok..........thanks. Me riding a DL1000 k2 anyway, so maybe I needa order myself. U guys think ordering main stand and crash bar cheaper from USA? Hmmmm................backside itchy.

if there's a distributor here of the products u want...might as well order from here...

distributor can get cheaper price...they got additional discount of the market price..

"The road less travelled"

380430_10150542159155027_725570026_11064521_1701187442_n.jpg