SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

V-Strom (650cc & 1000cc)

tranZition

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

650may not be comming

Life sux..Take control ..and live it and pick yourselves up now.. die later

if the roads end ....i go off road

Honda Shadow ACE 400 1997

V-strom 1k

Dr 200

"Bikers Don't bleed, we mark our territory"...

"Bikers Don't leave our body behind , we just a smear on the road"

"Bikers Don't cry When we Die, we just let others do it on our behalf"

"Bikers Don't stop Riding,We keep cruzing after we Die"

650may not be comming

high demands in usa and europe for wee strom.

but still can indent one. check with looi's motor.:cheeky:

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

read my love-hate relationship with my wee.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2305336&postcount=35

1987-kawasaki gto 110, 1990-honda rebel 250, 2004-suzuki vstrom dl650, 2009-yamaha fjr 1300, 2011-kawasaki er6f

This is not the case. And here is why.

In the Suzuki word, every region/distributor works as an independent commercial entity. The country or distributor will be asked in around mid of the year about how much he wants from each model for the next year. This means they'll ask about July 2007 for the 2008 orders. Suzuki collects all the data, and then produces the number, with a small surplus.

Since local distributors have underrated the V-Strom 650, there is now a huge lack of supplies.

Ask Loois. One of the culprits. I have been telling him at least three times he needs to order the DL650 ABS. No use in Singapore was the reply. They know always everything :thumb:

Rant off. Thanks for listening.

BMW R 12 GS: White Power 4014 Emulsion + Wilbers 642 shocks, Hepco&Becker cases on Seng Kwan modified H&B racks, Ilmenberger carbon rear hugger, Pivotpegz II, Sedcem screen with MRA spoiler, SW-Motech Crashbars, Hella FF50 'Fernblau' edition.

I really got no idea what is Loois thinking. After clearing all the V-Strom stock so quickly for time and again, they still think that this bike is no use in Singapore...

I really got no idea what is Loois thinking. After clearing all the V-Strom stock so quickly for time and again, they still think that this bike is no use in Singapore...

The GS, the V-Strom and similar bikes are very suitable for our region. They are comfortable for touring, roomy even for two person, they can manage the sometimes harsh road conditions in other countries, and they are lasting, so high mileage is usually not a problem. At the same time they are suitable even for commuting. In Germany they are the often the choice of more reasonable people, having lesser nos. of accidents, medium to upper income group.

BMW R 12 GS: White Power 4014 Emulsion + Wilbers 642 shocks, Hepco&Becker cases on Seng Kwan modified H&B racks, Ilmenberger carbon rear hugger, Pivotpegz II, Sedcem screen with MRA spoiler, SW-Motech Crashbars, Hella FF50 'Fernblau' edition.

This is not the case. And here is why.

In the Suzuki word, every region/distributor works as an independent commercial entity. The country or distributor will be asked in around mid of the year about how much he wants from each model for the next year. This means they'll ask about July 2007 for the 2008 orders. Suzuki collects all the data, and then produces the number, with a small surplus.

Since local distributors have underrated the V-Strom 650, there is now a huge lack of supplies.

Ask Loois. One of the culprits. I have been telling him at least three times he needs to order the DL650 ABS. No use in Singapore was the reply. They know always everything :thumb:

Rant off. Thanks for listening.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

1987-kawasaki gto 110, 1990-honda rebel 250, 2004-suzuki vstrom dl650, 2009-yamaha fjr 1300, 2011-kawasaki er6f

Anyone knows where to get fork brace and how much??

Thanks in advance.

1. Murphbrace

2. Superbrace

You can decide on price or design, they both do the job.

Pupu 'The Hulk' can make pushing the BB looks like pushing a 125!

whats with the height issue man...:angel:

check out pupu with his height and frame on a Blackbird dawg.....

Ask Jpop...... Pupu's a legend man....:thumb:

;=-

;=- Who Dares, Wins ;=-

;=-

mr.lee's a moron when it comes to the 650.with the endgame for the africa twin in sight,people would be looking out for the next midsized tourer what...there's only the dl650 and the versys now.obviously people will be snapping up the 650.not to mention the 1000,which is slowly going to kick the varadero's arse if honda doesn't make any brutal changes

The DL1000 is not anymore produced, it did not pass Euro 3 emission laws.

The DL650 has gotten a major overhaul with the K7 model. Two spark plugs per cylinder, different design of airbox and exhaust (internal), and new programming of the ECU ensure passing Euro 3. Interesting also the good mileage of the 650, if not pushed too hard. The engine itself is much more powerful than the AT's engine, much more than the difference in numbers suggests. Together with the lower weight and thus better handling it is a joy to ride.

If it is as long lasting as the AT is yet to be seen. But so far it's track record is great. Very seldom it has issues.

met another strommer at gp shell before midnite on the 17th may.

he is not in the sbf forum or any other bike forums thing.

but he expressed his interests in bike trips to malaysia and thailand.

we hav more strommers out there not on the forum.

ride on.:thumb:

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

sad to hear that the dl1000 did not pass the euro 3 emission laws. :cry:

hope they make it next time.

The DL650 has gotten a major overhaul with the K7 model. Two spark plugs per cylinder, different design of airbox and exhaust (internal), and new programming of the ECU ensure passing Euro 3. Interesting also the good mileage of the 650, if not pushed too hard. The engine itself is much more powerful than the AT's engine, much more than the difference in numbers suggests. Together with the lower weight and thus better handling it is a joy to ride.

If it is as long lasting as the AT is yet to be seen. But so far it's track record is great. Very seldom it has issues.

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

that's nice to hear so k8,9 will be the last model:thumb:

V-strom 1k

Dr 200

DL1000: The K7 is the last model. There are some K8 for sale in Canada and USA. But they are 100% K7, just relabelled. We will not get them into Singapore.

DL650: K8 is the newest model, at the moment no end in sight.

Don't put blame alone to Mr. Lee. He is not the only culprit. Actually he is a nice guy, but I guess he simply does not know better.

Looks like the area of those 'uncle shops' is slowly finishing. They are just not up to the time anymore.

Don't put blame alone to Mr. Lee. He is not the only culprit. Actually he is a nice guy, but I guess he simply does not know better.

Looks like the area of those 'uncle shops' is slowly finishing. They are just not up to the time anymore.

Old staff still using old style of doing business.......

Its "out" already.

Sitting there waiting for cow come home will not prosper.

They outta hirer new staff, inject new blood, create marketing strategy, feedback, track "potential business lost", blah blah blah....

Maybe they should have business strategic planning if they want to grow or jus fade into the shadows.

I guess Mah in this area is doing much much better.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/anodise5757/project57/Hornbulbfoggiesbanner2013_zps6e758ef1.jpg

Click Here --> <CMO> Premium Products - HELLA, Philips & Osram

Old staff still using old style of doing business.......

Its "out" already.

Sitting there waiting for cow come home will not prosper.

They outta hirer new staff, inject new blood, create marketing strategy, feedback, track "potential business lost", blah blah blah....

Maybe they should have business strategic planning if they want to grow or jus fade into the shadows.

I guess Mah in this area is doing much much better.

hehehe cows do appear and took all his stocks of v-stroms:dot: that's speaks for itself.:thumb:

i actually been to mah and loois, i still perfer looi ...:cheeky:

looi is alright , pragmatic that's good enough for me

V-strom 1k

Dr 200

I very much prefer Loois, too.

Shame they are going down.

Looks like Gab has the last good stuff!!!!!!

Well i do agree with Byteblock on Mr lee's vision though...

Guess short-sightedness is an understatement.

Good things are worth waiting for ... jus like 1 waited for 1 yr.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l217/gabng/ashendonrd1900dx0.jpg