SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Recommended Battery Charger

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for a car that is seldom used ... whats the best way to keep the battery fully charged ? no nearby power points also ...

The only way to keep a seldom use battery in good condition is to charge it regularly. So since u dun have power point - your next option is a DC PowerBank ( another battery, which u still have to charge somewhere ). :sweat:

HP: 93891138 :angel:

from wat my mechanic said. tet batt is totally cannot make it 1. singapore made BUT japan quality....

How do we know " TET " is made in S'pore ? It may be CKD !!

:faint: :faint: :faint:

Still can't believe that there re still shops that bring these brands in.:?

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

eh.. ur DC powerbank is a product u carry? Got any info online to illustrate? Your cteck.com website not accessible leh.

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965

I think mustafar they are selling....$72 and $108...

Portable charger...

I think is a batt itself but with some kinda of circuit that boost the amp enough to charge a batt........CAn consider....

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

eh.. ur DC powerbank is a product u carry? Got any info online to illustrate? Your cteck.com website not accessible leh.

Sorry mate - I dun stock this item - I dun find them useful except as a backup battery but since I need to charge them all the time - I decided to tool my own electronic battery charger.

Mr. Hachi, has incidated Mustafar may sell them.

Happy New Year ............. to all .................. :cheer:

thanks for the heads up hachi. i bought the ctek charger from Limbat to carry on tours as a solution to rectifier/coil failure. Its easier to find an AC socket than a motor shop in the middle of nowhere/at night. But this powerbank thing sounds like an independent charger that makes more sense in a power failure situation. U can imagine the senario i am thinking about. Its common enough. Think i will check it out soon. Cheers!

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965

thanks for the heads up hachi. i bought the ctek charger from Limbat to carry on tours as a solution to rectifier/coil failure. Its easier to find an AC socket than a motor shop in the middle of nowhere/at night. But this powerbank thing sounds like an independent charger that makes more sense in a power failure situation. U can imagine the senario i am thinking about. Its common enough. Think i will check it out soon. Cheers!

I have been wanting to support touring groups with a standy charger, since u bought a unit may I offer you a few additional charging cables for your gang. This charging cable is easy to install & easy to use anytime u need to charge your members bike. Pls call me - 93891138.

BTW the CTEK webby is http://www.ctek.com :cheer:

I have been wanting to support touring groups with a standy charger, since u bought a unit may I offer you a few additional charging cables for your gang. This charging cable is easy to install & easy to use anytime u need to charge your members bike. Pls call me - 93891138.

BTW the CTEK webby is http://www.ctek.com :cheer:

boss, just send you some question in email on I faced on XS-3600 I brought from you . thanks

From Honda's Phantom to ..................

Clearing each stage at SSDC and BBDC for bike license was fun !!!

I did read your email this morning - we are now testing a similar model now - once we get the result we will email you back. BTW, have u tried draining some power from your new battery to get the result u wanted ??

Thanks Richard. It's a completely new Yuasa batter.

It was mentioned in Yuasa manual that after adding electrolyte (MF type),

a new battery is approximately 80% charged. it required to be charge prior initial use.

XS3600 mention for bike is 14.4V @ 0.8A. But only getting a charging voltage of 12.90V and gradually to 13.10V. Thanks for help.

Thanks Richard. It's a completely new Yuasa batter.

It was mentioned in Yuasa manual that after adding electrolyte (MF type),

a new battery is approximately 80% charged. it required to be charge prior initial use.

XS3600 mention for bike is 14.4V @ 0.8A. But only getting a charging voltage of 12.90V and gradually to 13.10V. Thanks for help.

Our test is indicating a bulk charging rate of 13.39 @0.8a for the last 1 hr -test battery is a used unit yuasa which was complete drained last nite.

Could you try emailing CTEK directly for your requirement - we have never a need for charging at 14.4v @0.8a, perhaps it can only be 14.4v if u use the last mode ( constant) on the xs3600. I will test this later, when the battery is fully charged up.

Bulk charging rate now is at 13.48v @0.8a - last check 2mins ago.

Thanks, let's continue experimenting....

I ask cos under ctek website and manual (below as reference)

http://www.ctek.com/Manuals/new_XS3600_EN.pdf

Under page 3 of 7 (of various mode)

Motorcyle - Mode 14.4V / 0.8A

- This mode is normally used for

Car - Mode 14.4V / 3.6A

- Normal setting for wet batteries, MF and for most GEL batteries

Low temp - Mode 14.7 / 3.6A

- This setting is recommended for batteries at temperatures below 5 degree C. It is also recommended for maintenance charging when the temperature at times exceed 5 degree C. In this case, 14.4V / 3.6A is recommended.

I asked this because the measured terminal voltage at myside is only getting a charging voltage of 12.90V and gradually to 13.10V. Thanks for help.

Thanks, let's continue experimenting....

I ask cos under ctek website and manual (below as reference)

http://www.ctek.com/Manuals/new_XS3600_EN.pdf

Under page 3 of 7 (of various mode)

Motorcyle - Mode 14.4V / 0.8A

- This mode is normally used for

Car - Mode 14.4V / 3.6A

- Normal setting for wet batteries, MF and for most GEL batteries

Low temp - Mode 14.7 / 3.6A

- This setting is recommended for batteries at temperatures below 5 degree C. It is also recommended for maintenance charging when the temperature at times exceed 5 degree C. In this case, 14.4V / 3.6A is recommended.

I asked this because the measured terminal voltage at myside is only getting a charging voltage of 12.90V and gradually to 13.10V. Thanks for help.

Sure mate - readings may dffer due to the battery we testing on being not similar - our is a used 12v 6ah yuasa.

Sure mate - readings may dffer due to the battery we testing on being not similar - our is a used 12v 6ah yuasa.

ok... will check my terminal voltage at home tonight and update u....