SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Recommended Battery Charger

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Limbatt , I had bought the battery charger XS800 a few months ago and was very happy with the no-hussle use of it. However, today, I tried to charge a friend's battery, None of the 3 indicators ( error icon, half charge icon, full charge icon) lit up. I checked all connections, changed power points sockets, double check the polarities and is sure that all are in order. Any idea what else could be the prob?

Looks like I should use my newly purchased XS 7000 to try and recondition the battery? :cheeky:

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mr Lim,

seeking your advice here.

When an AGM battery reads :

12.4V at rest/engine off/lite off.

12.1V at rest/engine off/lite on.

12.8V at rest/engine on/lite on.

14.0V at high rev

What do you see in this battery? need recondition? or just need some tender care?

Thx...

Honda TA200 (Sep'04 - Dec'06)

HD RoadKing Classic(Dec'06 - Jul'13)

Yamaha RXZ (Jun'08 - Sep'09)

Yamaha Spark-Z (Sep'09 - Apr'13)

Subaru Impreza (Apr'13 - Now)

F650GS Dakar (Sep14 - Now)

1st u need to know how old is your battery - reconditioning is done once a year. Recharging should be done depending on the battery usage - the less u use it the more u should charge it.

From your data - your battery may need reconditioning, at the high end it should be 14.3/14.4 volts. Cheers & Merry X'mas

HP: 93891138 :angel:

hi all... i'm having some battery problem with my RXZ.

I used to use dry cell battery. It went dead last week than i changed to wet battery (those need batt water)

but now my bikes lights dont work properly. when i turn on signal lights than brake, my signal light will remain on and will dim.

What might be the problem? thanks...

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/blade_trinity21/EditedRevo2.jpg

There are 3 possiblities -

1 Your current battery is too low in capacity,

thus weak after starting.

2 Your battery maybe a low quality unit.

3 Your charging system not sufficient.

Was your flasher unit working b4 u change to the new battery ?

erm bro whats flasher unit? thanks for your replies

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/blade_trinity21/EditedRevo2.jpg

1st u need to know how old is your battery - reconditioning is done once a year. Recharging should be done depending on the battery usage - the less u use it the more u should charge it.

From your data - your battery may need reconditioning, at the high end it should be 14.3/14.4 volts. Cheers & Merry X'mas

-My AGM battery is 2.5 years.

-Been riding about twice a week, each ride about 20km.

Questions :

After reconditioning(i suppose a full charge only by 800 = recondition) how long can the battery last, looking at my data?

Merry Christmas Mr Lim!

Honda TA200 (Sep'04 - Dec'06)

HD RoadKing Classic(Dec'06 - Jul'13)

Yamaha RXZ (Jun'08 - Sep'09)

Yamaha Spark-Z (Sep'09 - Apr'13)

Subaru Impreza (Apr'13 - Now)

F650GS Dakar (Sep14 - Now)

It does seem like yr battery usage is low, similar my own bike is used once every 2 weeks but i do charge it every other month to keep the battery optimium - my bike is now 3 years old. It is best if u let us recondition your battery soon ( it is FOC ) as to how long d battery can last, really depend on too many factors - quality of the battery maker is vital.

Cheers

HP: 93891138 :angel:

bro how much is the xs 800 & xs 7000 ??? ani gst surcharge??? cheers :cool:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q255/punkchenko/1_540916461l1.jpg

yun leong ngo cheh yat sam pat kei fung chung ngoi chi yau

yau wui pat yau yat tin wui tit tow

thanxx for the reply.... Juz wen to ur plc earlier to purchase the XS800 if u still remember... Tested it on my batt... A gd stuff i muz say.... :thumb:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q255/punkchenko/1_540916461l1.jpg

yun leong ngo cheh yat sam pat kei fung chung ngoi chi yau

yau wui pat yau yat tin wui tit tow

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi richard. i'm the ksr rider who was at ur shop juz now..... thanks for the free charging of my battery. really learnt alot about electrical stuff juz....

ups for ur thread!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c98/red_rider_1979/aaa-1.jpg

Ah.. I'm the s4 rider who met you two.

Cheers to Mr Lim for offering informative and friendly customer service to meet customers' needs in a candid manner. I learnt much from him :thumb:

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965

That will be late Feb.

One quick question, the Ctek manual suggested earthing. But i noticed you connected the charger unit directly to my batt last Sat. I assume your method is sufficiently safe?

pai say.. newbie to electricals.. :cool:

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965