SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Recommended Battery Charger

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was also mentioned under CTek that charging a battery a higher voltage is needed - 14.4V - to become fully charged (like a constant voltage source). I never see anything beyond > 13.5 or to 14.4V for my case even it's a 80% yuasa new MF battery.

Should I use Supply setting for “maintenance charging”?

No, for maintenance charging the normal charging setting should be used. Supply mode gives a constant voltage on 13.6V. When charging a battery a higher voltage is needed - 14.4V - to become fully charged. Using Supply mode for more than 10 days increases the risk of unwanted fluid loss in the battery. You should use the Supply function when you need a power source to run 12V equipment without a battery, for example when changing the car battery.

http://www.ctek.com/EN-GB/FAQ.aspx under charger function.

which model u using ? - your charge ramp up quite fast (raised delta 0.76V/ 33minutes ) for used battery

0 minutes - 13.48V @ 0.8A

13 minutes later - 13.8V @ 0.8A

33 minutes later - 14.24V @ 0.8A

From Honda's Phantom to ..................

Clearing each stage at SSDC and BBDC for bike license was fun !!!

It was also mentioned under CTek that charging a battery a higher voltage is needed - 14.4V - to become fully charged (like a constant voltage source). I never see anything beyond > 13.5 or to 14.4V for my case even it's a 80% yuasa new MF battery.

Should I use Supply setting for “maintenance charging”?

No, for maintenance charging the normal charging setting should be used. Supply mode gives a constant voltage on 13.6V. When charging a battery a higher voltage is needed - 14.4V - to become fully charged. Using Supply mode for more than 10 days increases the risk of unwanted fluid loss in the battery. You should use the Supply function when you need a power source to run 12V equipment without a battery, for example when changing the car battery.

http://www.ctek.com/EN-GB/FAQ.aspx under charger function.

which model u using ? - your charge ramp up quite fast (raised delta 0.76V/ 33minutes ) for used battery

0 minutes - 13.48V @ 0.8A

13 minutes later - 13.8V @ 0.8A

33 minutes later - 14.24V @ 0.8A

Am using the XS3600 now the reading is 12.88 jumping to 14.4 then back ( Green light is on. Pls come by 2molo & we can check your CTEK together ok ?

HP: 93891138 :angel:

Hi bro, just bought a ESI12000 from you. Just check with u, how long does i need to charge? and how i know when it is charged?

Thanks!

The ESi 12000 has indicating lights - at green itis 80% leave it for another half hour it should be fully charge. :cheer:

Am using the XS3600 now the reading is 12.88 jumping to 14.4 then back ( Green light is on. Pls come by 2molo & we can check your CTEK together ok ?

ok...thanks for help....will come tomorrow morning....

last question, what is your voltage of the charger at open source without load - no battery connected (@ motorcycle mode ) ?

ok...thanks for help....will come tomorrow morning....

last question, what is your voltage of the charger at open source without load - no battery connected (@ motorcycle mode ) ?

I tried with a different battery now - the starting voltage when up to 13.9v then gradually drops to 12.9 now.

I have been wanting to support touring groups with a standy charger, since u bought a unit may I offer you a few additional charging cables for your gang. This charging cable is easy to install & easy to use anytime u need to charge your members bike. Pls call me - 93891138.

BTW the CTEK webby is http://www.ctek.com :cheer:

thanks for your offer. However, i have recently DIY jump start cable/extension cable using home electrical wire from neighbourhood shop. that should suffice. u remember the Harley charging the scooter back in northern thailand ya? got some advice from the folks involved. Cheers :cheers:

If you could distribute the powerbank product, that would be great though. Am sure there will be market demand from tourers.

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965

Hi boss, thanks for your advice and support . Happy weekend

Hi boss, thanks for your advice and support . Happy weekend

You are most welcome - pls email if u need any other advice - I will be travelling soon. Have a nice weekend ............. :cheer:

just a question. this charger need to disconnect the batt from bike n bring home to charge 1 issit? thanks

Yes, unless u have access to 220v AC powerpoint, otherwise u may charge directly at yr bike thru a charging cable ( which will be connected to your battery ). :cheer:

Yes, unless u have access to 220v AC powerpoint, otherwise u may charge directly at yr bike thru a charging cable ( which will be connected to your battery ). :cheer:

means if with the charging cable can no need disconnect the batt? if my bike surrounding no powerpoint also can?

just a question see if u can help answer mi. i riding spec3, morning when i just start my bike my voltmeter reading is fine when idling. but after riding for 15mins onwards, the reading will drop to much lower when idling. whats the prob?

means if with the charging cable can no need disconnect the batt? if my bike surrounding no powerpoint also can?

just a question see if u can help answer mi. i riding spec3, morning when i just start my bike my voltmeter reading is fine when idling. but after riding for 15mins onwards, the reading will drop to much lower when idling. whats the prob?

No power point cannot........... laaaaaaaaaa :giddy:

Hmmmmmmmm go to a good LBS (local bike shop) - check your rectifier ( charging system) :angel:

my bike only grounding n alarm is extra. when bike is on the alarm shd do nothing rite? ya they checked my output when i change my rectifier and i also just changed batt ley. what is the alternator? issit magnetic coil or something?? how much is the cost for changing it??

my bike only grounding n alarm is extra. when bike is on the alarm shd do nothing rite? ya they checked my output when i change my rectifier and i also just changed batt ley. what is the alternator? issit magnetic coil or something?? how much is the cost for changing it??

Alternator is a charging system, most bikers refer their charging system as rectifier. The techincal term for rectifier, which is also found in the alternator, is an alumimium or copper plate when diodes are mounted. I think your magnetic coil is similar to an alternator stator coil. Cost varies fr shop to shop & different quality.... :)

The are various components in a alternator - Rotor, Stator coil, Rectifier & IC Regulators being major items. Minor items are bearings & carbon brushes. In a bigger automotive engine all this is found in a alternator located in 1 place/position. But on a smaller cc bikes all the components maybe locate separately, due to space constriant & low ampere output.