SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Coe Cat. A $2

alvin80

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woo best time to buy new car

if we buy a car now, do we get this month's COE or agent will bid during the next one?

Selling my

- X9 Evo Winter Windshield

Feb 2004 - Sep 2004: TA 150

Sep 2004 - V Day 2009: X9 Evo

Jun 2008 - ~~~~~ : Fit GD 1.3 A

haahaa..

pls guys..

coe go down..

the car price value goes up..

juz to balance off the coe..

if not, impreza subaru 1.6 selling at 34-35k meh?

For those who have gotten the $2 COE this round, yes. they bought their 1.6 impreza at $48k - $9k = $37k

better still if registered as OPC, price is only $27k. 2nd hand car dealers all jialat liao

No more regrets.

haahaa..

pls guys..

coe go down..

the car price value goes up..

juz to balance off the coe..

if not, impreza subaru 1.6 selling at 34-35k meh?

Why not ?

The COE amount goes to the government so it doesn't really affect the profit margin on the sale of the car.

In future, buyers of used car registered around this period have to be wary as these cars will command a very much lower scrap value than similar models with COE not from this round.

Another matter that we should be aware of is the "whichever is lower" rule. If a Cat E (open) COE from the same bidding exercise is used to register a new "Small" car, the COE rebate will be calculated based on the Cat A COE.

Now the car sellers are flushed with Cat E COEs as these COEs will suffer a huge paper loss if use for other COE categories.

:)

cherry QQ cheapest is $27k. with coe of $2, taking into account full rebate of COE $10k, the car now cost $17k.

with OPC scheme, a further rebate of $17k. this means you have to pay for the car's insurance only.

anyway, unlikely a full $10k COE rebate will be given. most likely $5k? this means an OPC QQ costs less den $5k. now 2nd hand OPC QQ selling at $9k. 2nd hand dealers how to survive? sure die la!

No more regrets.

does it matter? it is better to enjoy a $2 10 yr COE compared to $10k rite? no matter what, buyers still stand to gain.

are u trying to say higher COE is better coz got better paper value?

No more regrets.

does it matter? it is better to enjoy a $2 10 yr COE compared to $10k rite? no matter what, buyers still stand to gain.

are u trying to say higher COE is better coz got better paper value?

of course coe $2 is better than 10k for buyers side

high paper not much use for nowadays bcoz u cant scrap it in 1 or 2 yrs time

unlike 4 yrs ago where coe is around 30k which daily lose around $8

but the real pro is.. do u really pay $2 for $2 coe ?

no1 knows the coe will come out at $2 rite

so dealer selling their car base on last bidding which is around 10k

n if the coe came out $2, n heng heng dealer nv tell buyer NO REBATE FOR COE IF FALL BELOW 10k, the customer are actually using 10k to buy a $2 coe ?

n for next round, yes u can use $2 as a guide line to bid coe, but even children knows that it will rise above 8k - 10k for sure.

so coe falls to $2 is not really a good thing.

actualyl to be frank, onli a number ppl actually benifits from there

2 real life story to share base on $2 coe story

customer A bought car at 12k coe, rebate at 10k, so coe $2 he get 9,998 rebate n lose 2k.

customer B dun wan top up IF coe increase, so nv gif him rebate IF coe drop of course, so he used 12k to buy a $2 coe.. :dot:

but personally, i really feel that the goverment are controlling the coe from behind

to increase the coe - reduce quata premium

to decrease the coe price - system jam, dun accept bid...

L T A RuleZ

sorry a bit OT , back to loan interest rate

http://www.speedtest.net/result/341058511.png

dats y. i computer hero

i know the dealer earns an extra $2k. good for him. but to customer A who "lost" $2k, does that matter to him? he is laughing away with a $9k rebate.

unless you are talking about no rebates or rebates lesser than $7k. den customer really suck thumb.

No more regrets.

I am still confused with the COE stuff.

I udnerstand that a more expensive COE is a burden to the car buyer if he is intending to trade in the car at 3rd or 4th year.

The cheaper COE like this $2 COE will mean that the car owner can enjoy an excellent dollar to dollar rebate. And when he trades in the car at the 3rd/4th year, it will not make any difference with another owner who has his at $10K more. So the buyer who bought a more expensive COE has ultimately paid more overall for the period of ownership.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/arakyo/16012011003.jpg

Do Not Tailgate Me!