SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF ET8 Cafe 2009

JPMontoya

Originally posted by shinkai@Jan 13 2005, 02:34 PM

any et8 riders live at the west (jurong)?

of cos have la ... u want to know who?

then pm me your mobile number lo ... dont be a sissy, ask u 2nd time liao

:cheeky:

ah leong always say ... dunno? dont do!

http://www.ibike.com.hk/08_fun/hksm/learn_a_m/ada/s_03.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kekeke very friendly liao .... or else i call my cat brigade camp on his bike oredi

kekeke, just kidding shinkai, dont take it too seriously :sweat:

ah leong always say ... dunno? dont do!

http://www.ibike.com.hk/08_fun/hksm/learn_a_m/ada/s_03.jpg

Originally posted by shinkai@Jan 13 2005, 02:34 PM

any et8 riders live at the west (jurong)?

I kno many runner riders stay in the west :D

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/spy622/siggy-1.jpg

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/5958/userbar133749dj2.gif

Originally posted by lioncat@Jan 13 2005, 03:01 PM

kekeke very friendly liao .... or else i call my cat brigade camp on his bike oredi

kekeke, just kidding shinkai, dont take it too seriously :sweat:

hahaha.. eversince i got my friend's dog to sit on my bike, no cat seems to rest on my seat. no idea why so...

i'm fine with the joke, no worries. forum is something for us to relax and chill around cheers! =)

If u're patience in one moment of anger, u will avoid 100 days of sorrow.

Well, i wanted to.. put radio, blast 913, put triming, put those 'hate' or 'love' chinese stickers...

but find it very ugly, so had given up the idea..

wanted to put neon light tho, according to bike shop, he say not recommended cos easily short circuit..:cheeky:

Honda Freed

Honda XL 200

Suzuki DR200

Yamaha Fino

Piaggio LX150

Suzuki Lapin

Yamaha TW 200

Gilera VXR 200

Piaggio ET8 200

I got questions:

The ppl at piaggio like very stuck up, i go there they bo hiu, i call they no ans..

anywaes, i gotta call piaggio for servicing 1 rite? to bk a date? wat they do there?

Change belt? top up engine oil? top up batt watter? change roller? top up brake oil?

roughly 5k km den i need to do servicing rite? unlike runner's '12k-change-one-belt' so cheap..

does dat means: bike travel 5-6k km, call piaggio, get an appoitment date, den wait for the date, go there, they bao ka liao???

pls enlighten..

1 more thing, how many et8 riders here in this ET8 cafe?????? like not many leh..

Honda Freed

Honda XL 200

Suzuki DR200

Yamaha Fino

Piaggio LX150

Suzuki Lapin

Yamaha TW 200

Gilera VXR 200

Piaggio ET8 200

Originally posted by glorygoh@Jan 19 2005, 03:05 AM

Well, i wanted to.. put radio, blast 913, put triming, put those 'hate' or 'love' chinese stickers...

but find it very ugly, so had given up the idea..

wanted to put neon light tho, according to bike shop, he say not recommended cos easily short circuit..:cheeky:

putting of radio/cd player costs how much? geez.. wanna play classical music hehe..

my et8 is black in color and thus i wish to put white neon light under my bike. how much is that as well?

I tink its impossible, i've asked bikeshop, say diff to do, alot of wiring to do, short circuit later.. but auntie suggested me put a red bulb below, so when brake got lights below.. crazy i say..

but et8 is a cute bike, so not suitable for fanciful stuff, even a sticker wud make it aweful if not selected properly.. if ur toking abt runner den diff story.. dat one power, can put alot of stuf..

Honda Freed

Honda XL 200

Suzuki DR200

Yamaha Fino

Piaggio LX150

Suzuki Lapin

Yamaha TW 200

Gilera VXR 200

Piaggio ET8 200

Originally posted by glorygoh@Jan 20 2005, 01:52 AM

I tink its impossible, i've asked bikeshop, say diff to do, alot of wiring to do, short circuit later.. but auntie suggested me put a red bulb below, so when brake got lights below.. crazy i say..

but et8 is a cute bike, so not suitable for fanciful stuff, even a sticker wud make it aweful if not selected properly.. if ur toking abt runner den diff story.. dat one power, can put alot of stuf..

ic..

my et8 is black and thus i wish to make it till like some devilish look. maybe with a lil skull and goat head with star!

btw where is the places that sell lot of accessories for et8?

Originally posted by glorygoh@Jan 19 2005, 03:30 AM

I got questions:

The ppl at piaggio like very stuck up, i go there they bo hiu, i call they no ans..

anywaes, i gotta call piaggio for servicing 1 rite? to bk a date? wat they do there?

Change belt? top up engine oil? top up batt watter? change roller? top up brake oil?

roughly 5k km den i need to do servicing rite? unlike runner's '12k-change-one-belt' so cheap..

does dat means: bike travel 5-6k km, call piaggio, get an appoitment date, den wait for the date, go there, they bao ka liao???

pls enlighten..

1 more thing, how many et8 riders here in this ET8 cafe?????? like not many leh..

The et 8 uses a 4 stroke air/oil cooled engine.

Servicing is pretty much the same as the VXR. minus the raidator stuff.

Technicaly, this is what you need to do.

Every 1K, check engine oil level. ET8 engine is know to eat a tiny weeny bit of oil.

This is due to to the slight larger exhaust valve clearance.

Every 3K, change engine oil as opose to what the manual said. This is due to our road and traffic condition. Trust me. Once you ride long enough, ou will feel the diff.

5k, nothing much. just check you oil level. tighten every loose screws that is on the panels.

10K, change gear oil.

12k change belt and rollers.

Every year, change tires and brake pads and brake fluid.

Guest taeki05

just gt an et8 for 3500 OTR + insurance. FS plate. Expensive? Too late for regrets anyway, but love the bike. Will collect it next sat. Will probably be posting lotsa questions cos i noe nuts about it!!

Originally posted by BLACK COMET@Jan 23 2005, 02:01 AM

The et 8 uses a 4 stroke air/oil cooled engine.

Servicing is pretty much the same as the VXR. minus the raidator stuff.

Technicaly, this is what you need to do.

Every 1K, check engine oil level. ET8 engine is know to eat a tiny weeny bit of oil.

This is due to to the slight larger exhaust valve clearance.

Every 3K, change engine oil as opose to what the manual said. This is due to our road and traffic condition. Trust me. Once you ride long enough, ou will feel the diff.

5k, nothing much. just check you oil level. tighten every loose screws that is on the panels.

10K, change gear oil.

12k change belt and rollers.

Every year, change tires and brake pads and brake fluid.

thanks for sharing with us! cheers, will follow this guide since i dont know much about et8 as well.

Guest taeki05

How much is your insurance? Where did you get it from?

got the third party cos i'm pretty poor... tot 2nd party with fire n theft would be better. Got mine from ntuc at 255 cos of my 2 yrs licence. (But i haven been riding ever since i passed...:sweat: )

anybody here noes FS plate produced in which yr?

Guest taeki05
Originally posted by 2blearner@Jan 23 2005, 05:25 PM

Hey guys, I jus got an ET8. But I need some info. Hope you guys can contribute. Thanks.

1. FW plate, mileage abt 10000 for $3.2K, is it worth it?

Tot its pretty cheap? but considering the fact that need to change belt and stuffs...hm...ITS STILL CHEAP LA! i bought mine for 3555 for FS plate.. :bounce:

Guest taeki05

heya glory goh...maybe u wait a a while more? i tot i bought mine for a more ex price tho...and mine doesnt come with box(somemore yrs is same colour as yr bike...look realie good)...