SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Suzuki Burgmans Cafe 2014 / 2015

mzlady

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys, GH is the dealer for suzuki locally. So if buy from them new k9 an400 is the export model burgman rite? I'm interested in the jdm model an400 skywave type s. Where can I go to find? btw, how much is it gg to cost me otr roughly? insurance shld be ok la. 27 yo wid 9yrs exp.

Realli luv this bike. wanted to get the tmax but den the cargo space very pathetic leh. I need to put my bag, oc bag, grocery shoppin, raincoat n helmets. so need alot of space. pls help. I just recently sold away my x1r n 04r1. the cup kia super underpower. the r1 can't carry any thing at all. currently strugglin wid my cpi gtr150. realli need a gd transport. super4 is out of the picture as old 1 scare problem, new 1 so exp. and i lazy to shift gears. Thanks a mil!!!

I LOVE my R1!!!:shades:

I don't think they will bring in the JDM model... but why not give them a call and ask?

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

hi bros, sisters,

Is K9 the latest model? I went to a shop and they told me new ones are out of stock and only coming in Feb 2010. Is that the K9 model or an even newer 2010 model?

Actually the shop saless discourages me from getting the Burgman 400 citing spare parts and resale issues. Is it really that bad? Honestly, I was thinking to get new and if it can last 4-5 years w/o problems, I'd be quite happy already. Any sound advice on Burgman that a newbie should be aware of? Many thanks!

hi bros, sisters,

Is K9 the latest model? I went to a shop and they told me new ones are out of stock and only coming in Feb 2010. Is that the K9 model or an even newer 2010 model?

Actually the shop saless discourages me from getting the Burgman 400 citing spare parts and resale issues. Is it really that bad? Honestly, I was thinking to get new and if it can last 4-5 years w/o problems, I'd be quite happy already. Any sound advice on Burgman that a newbie should be aware of? Many thanks!

ask me ma..... i rode the burgman 400 and 650 lo... buy Honda for a piece of mind la...

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

I don't think they will bring in the JDM model... but why not give them a call and ask?

The diff from jdm model n export model are 1-Keyless 2-Short windshield 3-Got white color!!

The keyless thing I'm not at all interested and the windshield can change plus I just realised that export model also got white color option!

Think will chk out the price from GH. Hope yen has weaken....

btw, where GH? I know GHC is another shop but GH quite near to the bendemeer GHC rite?

The diff from jdm model n export model are 1-Keyless 2-Short windshield 3-Got white color!!

The keyless thing I'm not at all interested and the windshield can change plus I just realised that export model also got white color option!

Think will chk out the price from GH. Hope yen has weaken....

btw, where GH? I know GHC is another shop but GH quite near to the bendemeer GHC rite?

Guan Hoe is at Rangoon Road. Locally all the Burgmans are not from Japan. Doubt the Type S has any chance exiting Japan. Unless someone willing to PI in. But the cost gonna be high.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Guan Hoe is at Rangoon Road. Locally all the Burgmans are not from Japan. Doubt the Type S has any chance exiting Japan. Unless someone willing to PI in. But the cost gonna be high.

Bro, so u mean

1- All the local burgie r not made in Japan? So where are they made from?

2- If not from Jap, think if is from europe or US means it's cheaper or they'll follow the Jap's Suzie's price list?

is there class 2b Burgmans in Singapore ?

Where can i get one ?

Locally I nv see b4. But bro, If riding temp, why not just get any gilera n tahan 1st? If wan ride long, suggest get the 400cc one better.

btw, the 200 burgie look diff from the 400 and I think not nice imo.

OK, can pass to Choong too? Thanks.

Hi all,

I just come back from a 3D2N trip on my beloved B650 and again proven that it is a tour bike pretending to be a scooter. I summarise my trip here:-

Total distance travelled = 1718 km

Average fuel consumption indicated in the bike = 23.1 km/L (but I shd add 1km/L as the indicated is 1km/L less than actual), very reasonable consumption.

Places travelled

Day 1 : SGP to Tasik Chini to Kuala Tregganu (stayed overnight)

Day 2 :Kuala Treggenu to Sungei Golok (a border town in Thailand) to Gua Musang.(stayed overnight)

Day 3 : Gua Musang to KL to SGP

Total riding time

Day 1 = 9.5 hours

Day 2 : 7 hours

Day 3 : 10.5 hours

Incidents occurred

1) There are 3 close shaves:-

a) At K Treggenu, I dashed out from a side rd, a car on the main rd has to e-brake to avoid hitting me (I guessed I was too tired),

b) 2 occassions (can't remember where) SUV overtook me at winding roads, I didn't check side mirrors, kind of scared off.

2) tyre punctured at 10 km before Gua Musang (the rd from Jeli to Gua Musang is the worst Malaysian rd I have ever travelled, pot holes, sand, mud) my bike has ridden into pot holes so many times that I got used to it and couldn't care to avoid it). After tyre punctured, I eat max 70 km/h (I knew I shd travelled slower than that) for 10 km (can imagine how long that 10 km was!). Luckily it is a tubeless tyre. When reached Gua Musang, asked around, luckily there is a tyre shop going to close (I was there at 6.45 pm) and the boss patched up the tyre for me for only RM5!

3) my right wrist was sore after twisting (opening and closing) the throttle for so long (I'm not exaggerating when I say that I could not hold chopsticks and I had write with my left hand on the last day).

Where to buy :-

1) tyre repair kit,

2) a device which I can rest my hand on the throttle without twisting it?

Anyway, I enjoyed my trip a lot!

People ask me, "Why ride bike?" I ask them back :"Why drive car?"

Forget to add, my most enjoyable leg of the trip was the travelling from KL to SGP at NS highway, I travelled at average of 130 km/h (indicated), a very comforatble speed, and not tired,no stress. And thank goodness no rain.You can see tour coaches overtook lorries, van overtook tour coaches, small cars overtook vans, I overtook small cars, and big cars overtook me. haha ha.

Somehow this trip compared to the previous trip, I can ride longer hours without stopping, is it because I am more used to it or the B650 becoming more comfortable? ha ha.

People ask me, "Why ride bike?" I ask them back :"Why drive car?"

Great report bro, glad you made it back safely!

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

great ride!! 23.1 km/L guess is the right consumption rate...

btw ppl, know how to change the fuel rate reading?? normally shld be 23.1km/L but somehow mine change to 0.3L / KM ...

mine is k7..

bro big cow, not sure if u rem me.. FI light fault, end up is my throttle body fault. need to change the throttle body. and everything is fix. :)

great ride!! 23.1 km/L guess is the right consumption rate...

btw ppl, know how to change the fuel rate reading?? normally shld be 23.1km/L but somehow mine change to 0.3L / KM ...

mine is k7..

bro big cow, not sure if u rem me.. FI light fault, end up is my throttle body fault. need to change the throttle body. and everything is fix. :)

hi there. glad your bike is back to normal. where did u rectify this prob.

TEAM RedBull Singapore