SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Suzuki Burgmans Cafe 2014 / 2015

mzlady

burgman 650 does not have the dip stick to check the engine oil.

its the same as big bikes, using the glass window to check engine oil.

If that's the case, why still concerned about float irregularities? :confused:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Long time since I've been in here! As for the missing EO, my Burgman 400 has been drinking since I got the bike, after experimenting the only solution seems to do an overhaul/cylinder re-bore or just top up. Now after 60,000km of topping up, (total mileage about 80,500++) it's still going strong! :sweat:

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Hi Uncle,

Sorry for my late reply as I am seldom online, in this server.

My definition of irregularities refers to; the NOT accurate readings of the 'see though glass' on the Burgman 650 Exec.

This could be due to the time taken of the engine oil to cool down & travel downwards the elaborate labyrinth of pressurized piston, connecting rod, rod bearing,crankshaft,gears down to the oil pan & sump to get an accurate readings.

Since, Burgman 650 Exec engine & gearbox concept is rather unique.

(I have to give credit to Suzuki for Spearheading this technology).

That see through glass should NOT be the only means of tracking engine oil readings on the Burgman 650 Exec.

It is very different for the Burgman 250 & Burgman 400.

On the Burgman 650 Exec.

I have experimented on many different brands & viscosity of engine oil.

All have different readings.

Even on time taken to get an accurate readings.

To date, I only ride my spare vehicle;Suzuki Burgman on average 150km per week/ 2 or 3 times a week.

Unless, there are available rare excursion organized by SBF Forum.

Even so....,those are mainly short trips. Furthest to Malacca.

Real Life Experience on the Burgman 650 Exec:-

My last unforgettable experience was when I first the time I got the bike.

I change to new oil filter,plugs & new fully synthetic engine oil.

Just few hours of usage & clocked less than 30kilometers.

Parked the bike for few hours.

To my surprise ; checking the "see trough glass indicator" the engine oil seems to be somewhat "disappeared"

Panicked!!!...

I topped up 100ml from the surplus bottle.

It was Repsol 4T Full Synthetic

(Meets JASO MA API SJ requirements).

Too my surprise, hours later the whole 'see through glass' showed ALL dark.

It has NOW indicated that I had topped up too much & too full..

WTH????

I was TRICKED into believing the engine oil had disappeared by the Unreliable & Inaccurate 'See trough' glass reading.

You what I did????

No Lies...

I drained ALL the new engine oil which had only clocked less than 35km).

Bought few New bottles of fully synthetic engine oil & refill up carefully.

I rather do that that 'overworked my bike engine' by congestion of too much engine oil.

I hope Suzuki engineers will read this post & rectify this little flaw of otherwise a Great Touring scooter.

I also wish they would increase the CC to more than 1300.

I see what you mean now. Even for those with dipstick, it's also recommended to check only when the engine is cold. So the same should apply to the see-through window for engine oil check. It's for all those oil to drip back to the reservoir to get an accurate reading :cool:

1300cc Burgman!!! The current 650cc already feels like a monster! :sweat:

call me at 91050569.

hi i think i solve my bike problem its just that i dun use the bike much and the clock drain my battery and the battery not strong enuf to crank the bike tats y cannot start. so what i did was to remove the battery terminal after a ride and fix back again if i am going to use it than its ok.

thanks.

• 1 month later...

Have a friend that's using it for some time. Very good for city riding where it's congested. Good fuel economy, not much maintenance, plenty of space in front to put things / bag, easy riding, but not much accessories. Only issue is top-end is very limited.

Got a 2nd hand AN650 from ASP. they said they had given me a full servicing. but after riding a while, OIL CHANGE icon is lit. Anyone can advise me how to turn it off?

that is just a reminder. u can set how many hundreds or thousands then will light up. when light up, just reset it. there is also a servicing light which u can set.

wat plate 650 u bought? how much?

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

that is just a reminder. u can set how many hundreds or thousands then will light up. when light up, just reset it. there is also a servicing light which u can set.

wat plate 650 u bought? how much?

FBD...ard 10k

1st time scooter rider

2nd bike, 1st was TA200. utterly speechless about its amazing smooth power.

any gd place to recommend for servicing? would love to tour on the next long weekend

Edited by bfg1981

• 4 weeks later...

There is a 200cc burgman. Did some check afew years ago.

The killer part is that it's made in Spain Suzuki.

In otherwords, the pricing range is like honda varadero.

Manage to get some estimated cos if local dealers are doing parrallel import.

I was told that Machine pirce uis arround 9.5K

They also mentioned that They are thinking of bringing in but They are not very sure if bikers will spend above 10K for just a 200cc autoscoot.

SO in the end, no one brings in.

Actually, another scoot worth looking at is the new Thai made Honda PCX.

Boon siew did reply my mail saying that they are doing the sutdies on the marketability and pricing planning now. They also mentioned if everything goes well.

It will be in our shiore on the 4th quarter

Hi bros, anyonr riding AN400K1? my having problem with overheating..

YAMAHA TZR 125, YAMAHA DT 200, Honda Phantom 150,Nissan Pulsar 1.0cc, 2003-2005 PIAGGIO X9 180, 2005-2007 SUPER4 V-Tec1, Suzuki DR 350 SE, 2007-2009Oct TOYOTA LiteAce Van, 2008Aug-2009 Nov SuzukiGSXR10001K, 2009 Oct-2014 06 Hyundai Getz 1.4A (WeekEnd), Van Kangoo, Nov-2013 SuzukiAn400K1, Mazda 3 06, 2013 FZ6S2 09, NC750X 2017, Now- Kymco AK550, Now-Honda Vezel

FBD...ard 10k

1st time scooter rider

2nd bike, 1st was TA200. utterly speechless about its amazing smooth power.

any gd place to recommend for servicing? would love to tour on the next long weekend

try ah choong @ Kallang Cycle. 90220203. he is very well verse in Burgman 650s.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...