SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Suzuki Burgmans Cafe 2014 / 2015

mzlady

hi guys,

need some urgent help here . i own a k8 and happened tat i lost both my orginal keys and have no more spare , bike shop dont have either cos both keys is taken by me when i bought the bike.

i only have a cutted key without the chip , is there anyway i can reprogram a key with guan hoe or anywhere?

or the only solution is have to change the ecm??

advise greatly appreciated

Edited by DEnSo

~deNSo SParky PluGs~

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi guys,

need some urgent help here . i own a k8 and happened tat i lost both my orginal keys and have no more spare , bike shop dont have either cos both keys is taken by me when i bought the bike.

i only have a cutted key without the chip , is there anyway i can reprogram a key with guan hoe or anywhere?

or the only solution is have to change the ecm??

advise greatly appreciated

by right got to go back to Guan Hoe to change the whole system that runs the immobilizer system. unless u can find a good mech that can bypass this system.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

ic , so tat system entails the ecu? ignition?

so there is no way i can reproduce a key even though i have the serial tag tat comes along with it?

tks bigcow

bring ur serial tag go to guan hoe, they should able to get the correct key with chip for u. but i dont think it will be cheap.

just wish to share, japanese bike's immobilizer is not easy to bypass.

bring ur serial tag go to guan hoe, they should able to get the correct key with chip for u. but i dont think it will be cheap.

ic, i will give it a try , so long the price is cheaper then reordering the ecu and related stuffs , linking tat i could imagine the gas cap , glove box keyslot are all related to the keys

regarding the immbolizer , anyone hear of any cases where by it had been bypassed b4? for example like trying to bypass for the purpose of install a remote start alarm

tks again for the inputs

i couldnt get answers from anywhere

~deNSo SParky PluGs~

ic , so tat system entails the ecu? ignition?

so there is no way i can reproduce a key even though i have the serial tag tat comes along with it?

tks bigcow

thank God u didn't lose the serial tag. u need that to get the correct key for your bike. Suzuki bikes quite selfish. unlike Yamaha ones. btw, the key alone is abt $45+. then u need to go cut the key yourself before going back to Guan Hoe workshop to let them program your key. Programming key another cost of abt $50++. to order the key, u can choose to fly it in. cost a little more but waiting time shorten a lot.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

yes its not easy but someone actually bypass it b4.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

From what i've heard on other forums, there isn't really a chip at the back. Its more like some sort of magnet arranged in a certain format that allows you to use unlock the keyhole. Anyone can lock it using any key, but to unlock would require the correct key.

If I'm not wrong you don't need to have the actual key. Any reproduced key will be able to start your bike. Only thing if someone itchy finger locks your keyhole then you are screwed.

At least this is what i know for the K3, not sure about others though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

From what i've heard on other forums, there isn't really a chip at the back. Its more like some sort of magnet arranged in a certain format that allows you to use unlock the keyhole. Anyone can lock it using any key, but to unlock would require the correct key.

If I'm not wrong you don't need to have the actual key. Any reproduced key will be able to start your bike. Only thing if someone itchy finger locks your keyhole then you are screwed.

At least this is what i know for the K3, not sure about others though.

if i'm not wrong, yours is not a immobilizer model. for immobilizer models, without the chip, u can never start the bike.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

ya.. i tink wat arcfire is refering to is the hexagon tip at the fat top tip of my key which serves as a additiional feature apart from the immobliser. its serves to close a shutter at the ignition key hole to prevent pple from poking things is matchsticks or watever things to disturbe the bike

bigcow , went the the mentioned key shop, sad to say he said he dont do it.

~deNSo SParky PluGs~

if i'm not wrong, yours is not a immobilizer model. for immobilizer models, without the chip, u can never start the bike.

can, bypass the immobilizer lor :cheeky:

u can always ask the 1 who bypass-ed write a Q&A.

infact, since u hv come across there is ppl who done that, y not u introduce the 1 to DEnSo? Since he is really need help? :thumb:

me & my few friends also wanna bypass immobilizer for remote start alarm system.

now waiting mr. Bigcow's or his friend's advice on "how to bypass immobilizer" Q&A.

pls help!!

Ho ho ho..... I said someone ever tried before. But i didn't say he is my friend. If i got the answer, i would have taught many others before your questions were ask.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

yes its not easy but someone actually bypass it b4.

Ho ho ho..... I said someone ever tried before. But i didn't say he is my friend. If i got the answer, i would have taught many others before your questions were ask.

ur answer seems very confusing leh.

before that u said the1 actually bypass it, then u say the1 tried it. so is it a sucessfully bypass-ED? :confused:

teach only what we know, thats great.

but to be frank, words u used is really MISLEADing. :sian:

btw, even the1 is not ur friend, maybe u able help to arrange for a meet up since u know who is the man?