SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

nowdays private seller are selling bike higher than bike shop

ProFatSir

private selling more ex than shop  

66 members have voted

1. 1. private selling more ex than shop

• yes
    • no

anyone feel the same?

2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave

307820_10150323232886544_694486543_7936127_1053552251_n.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep. since direct seller selling same like bikeshop better to buy from bikeshop cause got warranty.:angel::dot:

if you buy from shop you will only get the stock parts and some shop even put damage engine parts in to your bike so you will go back to his shop and repair.

ps. some riders don't really know much about bikes thats why they don't know how to check the condition of the engine and ending up engine break down, overhaul after the warranty time.

Class2B>TP on 22 May -Passed

Class 3>TP on 11 March -Passed

Class 2A>? start by 2009 may 22

Class 4>? start by 2009

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=92543&d=1235736836

I enjoy DIY:cheeky: always can reached 98475561/kwanheng"Jason"

if you buy from shop you will only get the stock parts and some shop even put damage engine parts in to your bike so you will go back to his shop and repair.

ps. some riders don't really know much about bikes thats why they don't know how to check the condition of the engine and ending up engine break down, overhaul after the warranty time.

I believe it is applicable to private sellers as well.. If a person wans to sell his bike badly, I dont think he will be so transparent as to tell everything that is wrong with the bike..

But I do see a lot of private sellers marking up their bike price that is equal or slightly higher than shops.. Just search for the sportsbike sale thread especially the 1 litre bike..

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee289/SingaporeBikes/Siggy/CrossOver.jpg

|| YAMAHA || HONDA || YAMAHA || YAMAHA ||

Yamaha runs in the blood

I would mark up my price if I know that the bike is worth the extra - especially if its my track ride. Serious riders doing some track time mostly take a no-nonsense stance when it comes to bike maintenance, for their own safety at least. The buyer saves himself money, precious time and headaches by getting a well-maintained, pre-fixed bike instead of gambling on the honestly of a bike shop.

But no matter how careful the previous owner, you should still set aside at least about 10% of the bike's price for backup. For example, I set aside an extra $1500 when I bought my K4 to cover any unforeseen repairs.

Anyway, this thread should really go to "Why Pay More"...

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

this is wat seller normally will do...they check with the desired bikeshop regarding about the amount they take in.and then if owner feel that he/she is losing too much as planned they will revert to private selling...of course they will mark up the price then wat ever ampount the bike shop is taking in...if not seller will push in to the bike shop.

why shop selling cheaper then private seller

cos shop dun sell to you the same stuff a private seller is selling you, unless the comparison is stock with stock.

My Rides:

LuLu, Piaggio Gilera Runner FXR 180 (Feb05-Aug05)

PhanPhan, Honda Phantom TA 200 (Aug05-July07)

Leyley, HD Sportster XL1200R (Jul07-July09)

TiTi, Yamaha Majesty YP250 (Jul07-Oct09)

DyNaNa, HD FXDX Dyna SGS (Jul09-Dec10)

LanPaPa, Vespa Excel PX150XE (Oct09-Jul10)

PiaSekSek, Piaggio X8 (Aug10-Dec10)

Stixie, Honda ST1300A (Jan11-Nov15)

Giogio, Piaggio MP3 400IE (Nov15-??)

Wat i tink its,

From Shops:-

-if any thing wrong, still can kp and get a discounted repair.

From private sellers:-

be willing to pay more if:-

- low millage

- gd accessories**

- no tell tale signs of crashes

**Accessory defined:-

Accessories which do not add value:

- brakelines

- sliders

- tank bra/Head light protectors/wind shield

- led lights.. etc

- aft-mkt air filters

Accessory which add some value:

- Slip-on exhausts

- dampers

- Race fairings/carbon parts

- adjustable rear sets

- renewed Rd-taxes

Accessory which add mid to high value:

- Rear shocks/Aft-mkt front forks

- Full system exhausts

- Nice no. plates(single/double or nice no.s)

- aft-mkt wheels

- slipper clutches

- race engine parts

Hope the above is useful.

Sigh .... so bored ...

Getting Poorer every yr

Wat i tink its,

From Shops:-

-if any thing wrong, still can kp and get a discounted repair.

From private sellers:-

be willing to pay more if:-

- low millage

- gd accessories**

- no tell tale signs of crashes

**Accessory defined:-

Accessories which do not add value:

- brakelines

- sliders

- tank bra/Head light protectors/wind shield

- led lights.. etc

- aft-mkt air filters

Accessory which add some value:

- Slip-on exhausts

- dampers

- Race fairings/carbon parts

- adjustable rear sets

- renewed Rd-taxes

Accessory which add mid to high value:

- Rear shocks/Aft-mkt front forks

- Full system exhausts

- Nice no. plates(single/double or nice no.s)

- aft-mkt wheels

- slipper clutches

- race engine parts

Hope the above is useful.

i might be pinpointing a bit, but i beg to differ on the above in red. i am curious to know why you will define brakelines as no value at all. i had always given stopping power a great emphasis when i ride, so steel braided brakelines are what i always go for. even in value, i'm pretty sure that brakelines will cost more than the half yr road tax that usually comes free with the bike.

Maybe they should check out the shop like buyer do, so to set a selling price, or check previous sales of the same kind so to have a sales price. Sometime if selling to shop, might as well sell to private buyer. Just my 2 cent tots.

Hello, are you there......

i might be pinpointing a bit, but i beg to differ on the above in red. i am curious to know why you will define brakelines as no value at all. i had always given stopping power a great emphasis when i ride, so steel braided brakelines are what i always go for. even in value, i'm pretty sure that brakelines will cost more than the half yr road tax that usually comes free with the bike.

Agreed. I would definitely put at least $50-$100 value on aftermarket steel braided brake lines.

Most people are willing to pay only for items that they can afford and are immediately useful to them. For someone buying a bike for mostly track use, the race fairing and aftermarket exhaust might be very attractive. On the other hand, for someone buying a bike for daily commute, those are extras that he might not want to pay for. He'd be equally happy with stock parts.

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

Reason: U wont be sure how long have the current owner used the brakelines,

other stuff comes in like

- did he buy it 2nd hand?

- value of brakelines ard $150 - $250.

- even when using brakelines, for gd maintainance, brake fluid shd be flushed every 18mths.

- sometimes due to mis-handling by shop mechanics, brakelines which reduces the brakeline lifespan.

So will aft-mkt brakelines add value to a 2nd hand bikes?,

and i would probably ask my mechanic to re-flush the lines, which i will have to pay $40 (fluid+labour).

If u paid him extra like $50-$100 for a maybe 2nd hand or 1st hand brakelines, wont u be better off getting a new one?

Edited by Grave65

Sigh .... so bored ...

Getting Poorer every yr

bike shop have lower price and they all every time say, "ok this bike no problem good condition, give u full service when u take bike, powerful, this and that" i know this is a kind of sales method... so up to u to decide.

SOME private seller really do care lot and spend time n $ on they bike.

i also selling my 1L bike higher than bike shop.. i also don bear to leave my dream bike R1 but sigh... so to get a better price that worth my bike :cry:

I believe this is a bargin search game, there's still quite a number of good sells. Sellers are trying luck for a least loss, buyers are ofcos looking for for a best save, so do ur homework and bargin for a good deal.....I personally feel that a private sell price around 1k above the shop take in price is reasonable, lower than that seller don't wanna sell, higher buyer not interested

Bike shop makan the bike like 20-30% below owner's target price to sell in private market.

Then if have good stuff bike shop normally take everything out.

Put the bike on sale (almost STOCK condition) for markup 15-20% from the makan-ed price.

On top of that he can sell the accessories + Loan interest..... .Its nothing personal.. ITS ONLY BUSINESS.

Some shop DO honestly HONOR the warranty. Some are once you ride out.. got problem come back "I help you solve".. Then after that tell you this spoil that spoil.. end up you spend another fortune and oh well... Carrots becomes your middle name.

A typical 2B example ( most of us went thru that crap stage anyway)

Eg..... Phantom.. bought new include interest $6600..

Buy Givi windshield, Givi top and side boxes + racks + misc stuff.

14mths later shop makan 2.8K...

sells 3.6K (excluding loan interest) Only give top box.. .windshield & Side box and rack keep.

CL 2 example.....

sports tourer bought 21K ++ loan interest about 24K

23 mths later..... Shop wants u to top up $800 to makan ya bike.....WTF right

Later sold for 11K flat to another shop....

A friend with same model but 8 yrs old... recently jus sold his for 8K ++... where is the justice?

One man's meat, another man's poison.... Hahahaa

Just sharing some past experience

Gump mentions.... Life's like a box of chocolate, you never know what you gonna get.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/anodise5757/project57/Hornbulbfoggiesbanner2013_zps6e758ef1.jpg

Click Here --> <CMO> Premium Products - HELLA, Philips & Osram

• 3 months later...

seen guys trying to sell their ride with almost 40k mileage, @ 75% of the purchase price...

seen bweemers going for 50% of the purchase price with 10k mileage...

so bike that are 2yr old with 40k mileage minus 25% bike 1 year old with 10k++ milegae minus 50%? your call

Just say that i too as a would be buyer(cl2 bike) would like a reasonable price or better still value for money. So my final thoughts is IF i can't find a resonable deal i just buy 1st hand... :smile:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=90&pictureid=3431

I believe in Value for My HaRD EARN MOOlah

• 1 year later...
seen guys trying to sell their ride with almost 40k mileage, @ 75% of the purchase price...

seen bweemers going for 50% of the purchase price with 10k mileage...

so bike that are 2yr old with 40k mileage minus 25% bike 1 year old with 10k++ milegae minus 50%? your call

Just say that i too as a would be buyer(cl2 bike) would like a reasonable price or better still value for money. So my final thoughts is IF i can't find a resonable deal i just buy 1st hand... :smile:

yes i agreed!

2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave

307820_10150323232886544_694486543_7936127_1053552251_n.jpg

Got a friend buy Honda Hornet CB250 from a guy who just upgrade to Class 2 bike.Price a bit ex than shop(about 300 more) but he can ease his mind since after 2 years of usage bike got no problem,New Bridgestone tyres 110/80 and 140/60 tyres,Dampers,New shock,On time periodic maintenance,He ever ride to Hatyai recently and to maintain 110-120 on highways no sweat at all,No vibration.Previous owner use only the best grade EO for the bike.So far my friend just change both the sprockets and regina heavy duty chain.So far no regrets at all.

Klass 2,3,4 i shiny Professional'noye litsenziya

1993:Class 2B-Yamaha RXK/RXZ/TZR125RR/SDR200/WR200-Aprilia RS125R-Kawasaki KRR150ZX(Former)

2000:Class 3-Honda Civic 1.6esi(Former)Proton Exora 1.6Turbo(Current)

2004:Bus Driver Vocational License

2009:Class 4

2011:Class 2A-Aprilia RS250-Honda CB400SF PB1-KTM250EXC(Former)Yamaha XJR400R(Current)

2013:Class 2-Suzuki B-King 1300(Former)

bike shop have lower price and they all every time say, "ok this bike no problem good condition, give u full service when u take bike, powerful, this and that" i know this is a kind of sales method... so up to u to decide.

SOME private seller really do care lot and spend time n $ on they bike.

i also selling my 1L bike higher than bike shop.. i also don bear to leave my dream bike R1 but sigh... so to get a better price that worth my bike :cry:

Yup,agree with u bro,take 2nd hand bike from shop,ride then piston jam,no warranty,then have to overhaul our self,then still need to change parts some more,up to individual preferences