SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Kymco Downtown 125/200/300/350i Cafe 2013

hjxfabio

It is solid and fierce @ the price of a new Honda silver wing 400 too ( i think)

2 unit on the road. 1 white and 1 black

3 unit reaching sg and booked

You can check youtube for video

top speed i saw on youtube is 180km/h maybe able to go faster i don't know

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kymco is still from Taiwan...fyi...

@FJRider (How's your T-Max :)

BTW Kmyco and Sym are Taiwanese, Daelim is Korean. Kymco are well known for it's relaiblity and as for Sym no comments as i did not check up on it :p

http://www.kymco.com.sg/contact.htm

Call them. They will advise you.

As stock comes in few they are snapped up fast so no sample at their shop.

You can try dealer here too

http://www.kymco.com.sg/dealers.htm

As Quoted by Mr. Robert Yu

Oh dear! DO you guys have any issues with the Kymco quality and standard performance as compared to what I've heard of the SYM GTS? Well guys, if you say the KYMCO is very tok kong, then I will look no further. Can anyone enlighten me on the price of the 300s ....

Hi Parotae, my T Max is still available. Many interested parties but having some problem as Max is fully paid up :(

ARCHIVED: TX500/CB550F/CB750K4/CB750F2/ZR750/CB750F/GSR600/ZG1000/ST1100/GPZ400/

CB1/Silverwing/GL1500SE/GL1500SEW/GL1800A1/GL1800A2/GL1800A4/FJR1300ABS/TMax

ACTIVE: GL1800A12 & SYM200

Assumption is the mother of all fu@kup

Oh dear! DO you guys have any issues with the Kymco quality and standard performance as compared to what I've heard of the SYM GTS? Well guys, if you say the KYMCO is very tok kong, then I will look no further. Can anyone enlighten me on the price of the 300s ....

Hi Parotae, my T Max is still available. Many interested parties but having some problem as Max is fully paid up :(

Talked to bike production. They love to disburse loan to buyers.

Just found out Downtown have 4 cc type to choose from.

Funny Motor Sport didn't bring in the 200cc instead of the 125cc. Guess 200 is the latest engine edition.

Should come out the 400cc for singapore market. Then again the fuel consumption and road tax will be different :D

But with the power of near 500cc yippie!

For those interested in the new Myroad 700i Yes now you can tell other riders/drivers This is my(father's)road! :D

Keyless Ignition

Electronic hard medium soft suspension

Imagine have a twin piston acting like a single cylinder! Punch!

http://www.kymco.com/product/overview.asp?MotorCTID=24C6D819-8905-49F1-9D13-F106787D55CD

bodykit for xciting 250/500............ for those who are into body kit.... hehehehheee....

http://shop.dragoncustom.com/category.sc?categoryId=6

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/S1030017.jpg (Nite Mode)

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/Daymode-1.jpg(Day Mode)

Always Contactable at 92745438

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/305719-lt-CMO-gt-Mobile-Grooming-for-your-bike-at-your-place-)

HI Fjrider, yeah i am shock too to find out from the sym forum that the quality is questionable as i was looking around to replace my current small scooter. Kymco seems fine so far in my research.

As my siggy says i have yet to own one

If you have doubt check out this comment from youtube.

Best person to check with is still Paithorn though :)

The brand should not pose a problem but the distributor and parts support. Parts support availability are already promised by distributor so now left with distributor commitment. Recently a member sold off his exciting due to some distributor issue but not the scooter. I don't know the reason but was hoping that the problems can be shared so as to know the real issue of the problem. From my point of view service at agent or not either way parts are bought from them anyway. With electronics common nowadays we still have to go back to agent. Unless its a warranty issue and the scoot is not service at the agent during the warranty period i see no need to go back if i can or my friend can or my preferred bike shop can take care of basic servicing like oil changing( Anyhow the first 3 service is free anyway). As i say i do not know the nature of the issue.

Kymco solid

Agent must be as solid too.( Was thinking how can agent give more confidence to potential customer? Hmmm)

At the end of the day it's the not just the Kymco brand we are riding but the whole package in itself, brand, parts and support.

Edited by parotae

Talked to bike production. They love to disburse loan to buyers.

Thanks bro will let potential new owners know about this arrangement.

FJRider, I am riding a Downtown 300i. We can meet up for coffee while I show you my bike and answer yr queries. I am no salesman and bought this bike after much comparison.

Thanks Paithorn, my free time is very erratic. Actually what is of concern to me is the price of a new scooter and the cost of maintenance eg V belt, clips/rollers etc ... The # 1 reason why I'm not keeping the Max as a 2nd bike is because the maintenance is super expensive

HI Fjrider, yeah i am shock too to find out from the sym forum that the quality is questionable as i was looking around to replace my current small scooter. Kymco seems fine so far in my research.

As my siggy says i have yet to own one

If you have doubt check out this comment from youtube.

Best person to check with is still Paithorn though :)

The brand should not pose a problem but the distributor and parts support. Parts support availability are already promised by distributor so now left with distributor commitment. Recently a member sold off his exciting due to some distributor issue but not the scooter. I don't know the reason but was hoping that the problems can be shared so as to know the real issue of the problem. From my point of view service at agent or not either way parts are bought from them anyway. With electronics common nowadays we still have to go back to agent. Unless its a warranty issue i see no need to go back if i can or my friend can or my preferred bike shop can take care of basic servicing like oil changing. As i say i do not know the nature of the issue.

Kymco solid

Agent must be as solid too.

At the end of the day it's the not just the Kymco brand we are riding but the whole package in itself, brand, parts and support.

The honest accessment from owners here about the KYMCO's credibility is good enough for me. Will get the 300 if its not too costly. Anyway, what is the re-sale value like? The SYM resale value is rather shocking !!!

Edited by FJRider

ARCHIVED: TX500/CB550F/CB750K4/CB750F2/ZR750/CB750F/GSR600/ZG1000/ST1100/GPZ400/

Ha ha resale value. *What resale value. I doubt it'll be great. But 1 bro sold his 1 year old downtown for $8500 (Brand new now is around $12K from MS) I will use it until next COE not thinking of resale otherwise looking else where. So i did some research looking at reliability, performance and part support. I rode a small Piaggio for 9 years at it's been wonderful bits here there but manageable by myself. Parts can get easily and cheaply and can compare different shop price some more. Been comparing with Piaggio Xevo 400, Mp3 400, Suzuki Burgman 400, yamaha T-max 500, yamaha majesty 400 oh yes forgot to mention the most important bike the Honda silverwing SWT400 or is it the SW400GT either way I think it's the perfect scoot for me beside the price and heavy fuel consumption. Big storage, smooth engine, twin cylinder best of all 60K belt change. So far I am familiar with Piaggio but just wanted something as an all rounder. Kymco to me is kinna like a like at first sight thing good rear styling but I don't find the front as appealing as Exciting 300. Anyway it's the last scoot on my list too. After much reading on other scoot, kymco downtown keep poping out on comparison. Then the new Beverly 300 pop out wow love the rims storage is as good as vespa GT two small helmet. I needed more storage so XEvo look better than X8 and storage space is just perfect 50+ liters if I remember correctly and 400cc too. $9000+ machine price. Wanted to get it but was hesitant then I even consider FJrider T-max too ha ha. T-Max performance super great, reliability confirmed great, parts alot of shop carry but great power comes the thirst to drink. So I guess fuel consumption matter to me too. So after a long story short. *Downtown shortlisted

1. Fuel efficient ~30km/litre

2. Storage is great can put 2 full face hopefully(read somewhere have to force it to close though). Wish that it was deeper, then again the seat of the scooter have to be higher.

3. More powerful than most 300cc class

4.Good review from most web site

5.Reliability

6. Nicer styling than current Piaggio.

7. Lady pillion like the rear seat.

8. Belt last longer ~30-40K (manual says 20K Need to confirm) cost ~$280+ ( wonder if the roller can last longer than the belt if not have to open up and change also.

Minuses

1.Cannot stretch out leg fully, but it's ok. I've been riding like this for the pass 9 years. Wish I can stretch those legs during riding. *

2. I think only agent sell the Kymco parts

Edited by parotae

FJRider and parotae are considering Brand New Downtown only or open to 2nd hand ones?

Oh nooooooooooo! Don't tell me you Are selling yours already!

Eh...... Actually I booked 1 new 1 already :p

So take my review as a pinch of salt ya :D

Anyway now looking into all the technical details i might encounter. Electronic wise ????? Total clueless!

Edited by parotae

.......... especially the ladies

9. Belt last longer ~30-40K (manual says 20K) cost ~$280+ ( wonder if the roller can last longer than the belt if not have to open up and change also.

Minuses

1.cannot stretch out leg fully, but it's ok. I've been riding like this for the pass 9 years. Wish I can stretch those legs during riding. *

2. I think only agent sell the parts

I can go on and on ...

Huh? The belt cost $280.00!!! just changed OEM belt for my T Max $190.00. If that is the case, I'll keep my T Max :)

FJRider and parotae are considering Brand New Downtown only or open to 2nd hand ones?

Yes sir, buying new.

Oh nooooooooooo! Don't tell me you Are selling yours already!

Eh...... Actually I booked 1 new 1 already :p

So take my review as a pinch of salt ya :D

Seeing so much interest in DT and no stock, suddenly feel like selling mine and get the 700i. Just a thought

Ha ha at first also go huh!!! So ex, then learn that it can roughly last about 30-40k I guess it's ok considering that i save 1 to 2 times labour. I imagine example like, if belt cost $100/max15000km so $300= 3 belt = last 45000km.

And that haven't include additional 2X labor cost and roller. If the actual procedure is like what i've interpret then it is cheap as compared to the labor of opening the cover of 2 to 3 times.

Yea can understand the need to upgrade. Myroad is bigger, faster and can cruise at higher speed as compared to 300 struggling to keep up with the big boys and the big boys goes YAWN..... So I can safely conclude that smaller cc scooter are best in city rather than for touring.

Edited by parotae

Ha ha at first also huh!!! But last about 30-40k I guess it's about the same price if not more than a regular. You must consider like example if belt cost $100/max15000km so $300= 3 belt = last 45000km

And that haven't include 2X labour cost and plus roller. Then acutual procedure if it's like I explain then it's really cheaper cause you only service once instead of 3 times.

If not siao Liao. Have to hear from the horse mouth. Or Mr Paithorn like to clarify :)

The T Max recommend change at 19000km but when I did just that, the old one looks good and not stretched at all. Some of the maxxers are known to change at 30k km.

Anyway, will drop by at Looi's when I'm free.

Cheers and ride safe.

my Mileage is still low and I have not gone to the belt change stage yet....

i have a friend who just changed his belt and knows the price. however, why not ask herbert himself at Motorsports? all this hearsay means nothing....shd get it form the horse mouth.

Bike YONG, can you advise what is the price of the DT 300i belt?? And inclusive of labour. Make it clear and lotsa of potential sales of DT is here.

As for KYMCO, I was quite impressed with the make, after a ride to Hatyai earlier this year where many 2B bikes managed to ride full throttle to and fro without any issue.

Then it that case I will take the max at $190/30000km $1=157.89km

Kymco $280/40000 = $1=142.85km

So kymco belt is more expensive in this sense. It is just a non sense calculation, so for every $1 belt the kymco is short of T-max 15km

So Kym belt is 280X15Km = 4200km short in term of max belt change interval.

Ha ha my kindergarten calculation.

Cuz the current scoot I ride bike shop always tell me all change at 10000km to be safe. But I have stretch it to 15000km with no major crack so I figure it may go as far as 18000km but for easy calculation I change at 15000km further more at 10000km the roller are already showing signs of flat spot thus drop in performance. RPM is a good indication of roller wear due to flat spot.

Edited by parotae

As for KYMCO, I was quite impressed with the make, after a ride to Hatyai earlier this year where many 2B bikes managed to ride full throttle to and fro without any issue.

Hi paithorn, you mention 2b bikes managed to ride full throttle to and fro without any issue are you referring to your downtown riding in full throttle mode?

In that case i can conclude that you are struggling to keep up or you are struggling to pull away. That is not a good sign :D Anyhoot what is the top speed at full throttle?

my downtown is 300i, its 2A......

the 2B bike are grand dink etc.... they told me they were riding at full throttle all the way.... of course all the downtowns 300 and exciting were in front... always rest for long while before the 2B arrive......

Downtown max speed slightly above 140kmh on the meter on a level road at aprrox 8500rpm. exciting can overtake downtown very slowly so got higher top speed. pick up exciting no fight for downtown

wah, must claim advertising fees from kymco

my downtown is 300i, its 2A......

the 2B bike are grand dink etc.... they told me they were riding at full throttle all the way.... of course all the downtowns 300 and exciting were in front... always rest for long while before the 2B arrive......

Downtown max speed slightly above 140kmh on the meter on a level road at aprrox 8500rpm. exciting can overtake downtown very slowly so got higher top speed. pick up exciting no fight for downtown

wah, must claim advertising fees from kymco

HA ha ha i see i see you did not mention the kymco 2B can ride full throttle without problems mah or did you mean all the 2B bikes? In that case yes, it is impressive my Skipper 150 4 stroker sure up lorry one if go. I ride express way at 100km/h for 15min and after stopping the rear wheel, exhaust and engine are so hot. And hot i mean you can't even put your hands on the rear tire for 5secs. I don't know about other scoots, maybe all scoot like that :p

I "guess" for exciting there might be a difference in its final drive gear ratio, lower gear ratio for higher top speed but at the cost of slower pick up. If there is a kit to change to a lower ratio for downtown final drive i believe the pick up will drop but the top speed increases.

I can "guess" why the designer design it this way Exciting are like a sport bike, always speed so pick up from stationary not as important as mid and top speed hence concentrate on higher speed.

Downtown as the name suggest ride around town so stop go very important and need to carry pillion hence the torque.

Ha ha me TCSS here, should call the exciting Uptown instead, then kYMCO have "Uptown" and "Downtown" swee ;D

Edited by parotae

Does anyone one knows if scooter, kymco downtown rather can use car engine oil instead of motorcycle oil or scooter oil?

From what i know friction modifier are not added to any motorcycle or scooter oil because of the wet clutch system (because the clutch will slip),

and since most scooter (i assumed) do not have a wet clutch, can't it just use any motor car Engine oil with the right viscosity? Except maybe for burgman 650 with a wet clutch.

And i also notice Engine oil is 5w50 for kymco compared to piaggio 5w40, anyone know the reason as to why kymco chose a higher viscosity. Temperature range is higher so are the thickness of oil which causes more drag.

And the spark plug too it's running NGK CR7E type spark plug which is a slighty hotter plug then an 8. What are the effects of changing to CR8E. I guess the designer already know what is best for the scoot but just for general knowledge. CR7EIX Iridium seems good.

Actually trying to find info on web but very limited currently, so if anyone knows this issue may like to enlighten us who maybe interested. Thanks.