SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Kymco Downtown 125/200/300/350i Cafe 2013

hjxfabio

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The spares are always available provided that yr servicing is done at the authorised dealer. If one day u decided to change workshop due to watever reason, then that "always ready" spares will not come so easily.

Agreed with hazmat, should avoid "exclusive" dealer.

Rick, curious did you service your scooter at other workshop and not able to obtain the parts from the distributor?

To avoid "exclusive" dealer, tell me which bike or scooter you brought is not from the distributor?

Do search for "Kymco Sg" in facebook and give us a "Like"

My tmax 500 belt cost $120.

Do you know Tmax 500 belt is shorter than DT300i?

And do you know DT300i belt is made in Japan by Mitsuboshi? For normal use can last 40 to 50 thousand km.

How long the Tmax 500 belt last??

Do search for "Kymco Sg" in facebook and give us a "Like"

Took 2 pics of DT300 engine block but lost it in cyber space while my way home.

Anyway, the engine block weighs less than 1kg. It is design without sleeving which makes it very light. In order to overcome the friction wear, it cylinder wall is coated with a very strong alloy. I will try to take a few pic of the engine block and post it here. From Herbert, the technology of the coating is from BMW.

Took 2 pics of DT300 engine block but lost it in cyber space while my way home.

Anyway, the engine block weighs less than 1kg. It is design without sleeving which makes it very light. In order to overcome the friction wear, it cylinder wall is coated with a very strong alloy. I will try to take a few pic of the engine block and post it here. From Herbert, the technology of the coating is from BMW.

I am currently on motys engine oil 10w40 . Currently doing fine on my dt125

======================

=== :dozed: [=^:^=] :cheeky: ====

======================

2004-2005 :: Honda Nsr 150 SP (FP5711T)

2005-2006 :: VeSpA ExCeL (FP2371K)

2007-2009 :: YaMaHa X1 (FBA9195H)

2010-20XX :: Kymco Downtown 125 (FBE9X2XR)

Kymco design had never appeal to me since when I pass my 2B in 2002 and was looking for a scooter then as a transport. There are very few choices back then for nice looking scooters. Piaggio were the better looking one. I remember then there was this scooter name B&W ( Bet & Win) and I thought it sounded like BMW, only to find out it's a kymco. Design is just plain boring so I guess it's more of a bet & lose in terms of looks. But I almost got the Grand Dink then as it looks comfy and solid and the auto fold mirror is really cool. As I was browsing at a shop selling mostly Piaggio I asked them that I was deciding between Italian scoot and kymco and immediately he question me to even why consider a kymco as it was made in Taiwan. As I knew nuts about bike then thought that bike shop knows best, but only to find out that kymco are more than that.

Long story short, the downtown butt caught my eye and I fell for it. I thought the Taiwanese designer has finally got it right about having head turning design only to find out that downtown was styled by an Italian designer Massimo Zaniboni. Well it's not all bad. At least they (kymco) knows they are bad in art. Hope kymco will come up with more beautiful design that will get more people to notice them and that they make more than just good quality reliable scooters.

Edited by parotae

http://www.kymco.com.sg/contact.htm

Call them. They will advise you.

As stock comes in few they are snapped up fast so no sample at their shop.

For new Downtown 125i the last time i saw about 1 month back was at Midview building in bukit batok opposite Vicom bukit batok. Not sure if it's stil around.

Ong Motorcycles Tel: 65601015

50 Bukit Batok St 23, Midview Bldg Fax: 65667130

#01-19 S(659578)

You can try dealer here too

http://www.kymco.com.sg/dealers.htm

As quoted by Paithorn

Bike OTR approx $12k Why dun you call them up to check on min payment? Instead of people plucking numbers for you here.

Likewise for insurance. All depends on what coverage, your age, your riding experince etc.

Road tax $86 per year for 300i

Hi guys, looking around for a KYMCO Downtown 300 or Xciting 300 for local commuting around my kampung. Initially was looking at the SYM but heard a lot of horror stories on the taiwanese made SYM! May I know how much are these 2 KYMCO models and which shop gives the best offer without insurance. Between this 2 model, which is the better one? If I get one of them, it will be my 1st korean bike! yAny input greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ARCHIVED: TX500/CB550F/CB750K4/CB750F2/ZR750/CB750F/GSR600/ZG1000/ST1100/GPZ400/

CB1/Silverwing/GL1500SE/GL1500SEW/GL1800A1/GL1800A2/GL1800A4/FJR1300ABS/TMax

ACTIVE: GL1800A12 & SYM200

Assumption is the mother of all fu@kup

Hi guys, looking around for a KYMCO Downtown 300 or Xciting 300 for local commuting around my kampung. Initially was looking at the SYM but heard a lot of horror stories on the taiwanese made SYM! May I know how much are these 2 KYMCO models and which shop gives the best offer without insurance. Between this 2 model, which is the better one? If I get one of them, it will be my 1st korean bike! yAny input greatly appreciated. Thanks.

@FJRider (How's your T-Max :)

BTW Kmyco and Sym are Taiwanese, Daelim is Korean. Kymco are well known for it's relaiblity and as for Sym no comments as i did not check up on it :p

http://www.kymco.com.sg/contact.htm

Call them. They will advise you.

As stock comes in few they are snapped up fast so no sample at their shop.

You can try dealer here too

http://www.kymco.com.sg/dealers.htm

As Quoted by Mr. Robert Yu

exciting 300 have a better leg room ( you can stretch your leg all the way ) FC about 32/33km per litre. engine is honda technology, fine and smooth. engine oil is only 1 litre. Siting posture is good for long distance.

downtown 300 , restricted leg room . FC about 30/31km per litre. engine is BMW technology, pick up is much faster than exciting ! engine oil is 1.5 litre.

both bike is good in performance .

i use to own both bike before ,i hope the info will help u to decide .

Edited by parotae