SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Kymco Downtown 125/200/300/350i Cafe 2013

hjxfabio

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

got my first 2nd hand grand dink from motor sport ubi, think that service is realy good till date. Plan to change to dink 200i 2nd hand also. Downtown 125 sounds good but don't think got 2nd hand...

Motor sport technician are generally very friend and nice. They recent just org a trip to thailan with their customer. Rick_vam mind sharing what happened? Maybe is a mis-com?

Hi, I'm currently riding an X9 and was looking around for other scooters to replace my ride when the COE expires. From what I've read, the downtown 300 has FC of 32-34 km/l? How about the downtown 125, any riders can feedback about the FC and pick up? I like to travel at 90 on my X9, would like to be at that speed on my next scooter as well.

If anyone has done a full servicing or knows how much Motor Sports quotes for full servicing, could you share the cost as well?

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s351/thenation_bucket/whowatches.jpg

Bikes is in mint condition. First Owner

Service by kymco agent in ubi.

Road tax expire july 2010.

Selling $8500 (negotiable).

Contact Mr.YU 90022683 for more info.

Bro,

What bike u changing to now? Yr bike is super familiar, saw it couple of time. Ups for your sales.

Anytime, stRobe.

Just finished my virgin tank of fuel... few observations :

Good FC of 384km travelled with 11.78 litres of fuel. SO comes to around 32.5km per litre of fuel burnt.

Design flaw. The last bar of fuel, the fuel indicator will be flashing. Very irritating to ride with something flashing on the dashboard. I noticed there is already another low fuel light on the speedometer. Thought that shd trigger the flashing fuel indicator instead.

Rick_vam, confirm your Exciting is the same?

Just pumped petrol, Esso 95 11.5 litres clocked 384km.

Bike is on mineral oil from Kymco agent and 4000km on the clocks.

50% of time 2UP. Riding speed range 80-120kmh Singapore road. Ahead after traffic lights.

FC works out to more than 33km per litre, Not too bad at all.

Any idea how to reset the light that reminds you to service e bike?[/

Bro flip thru the user manual lol. Very hard explain if nt contact me I tell u

======================

=== :dozed: [=^:^=] :cheeky: ====

======================

2004-2005 :: Honda Nsr 150 SP (FP5711T)

2005-2006 :: VeSpA ExCeL (FP2371K)

2007-2009 :: YaMaHa X1 (FBA9195H)

2010-20XX :: Kymco Downtown 125 (FBE9X2XR)

Dame sad till date belt not in for downtown 125 ... Currently clock at 23k le hopefully can faster replace

======================

======================

you mean 300 and 125cc diff belt?

Prob ba...if not they wont ask me to wait for the shipment? lolx

jus kinda worried it wont last thru the 25k hahaha

======================

======================

This is the main reason that keeps me from buying Kymco, though I really really love the Downtown 300. It is always bad for customers/potential customers when things get sold through an "exclusive" dealer, as they can virtually do what they want with the prices. I hope they open up the SG market in the future, and I'll be sure to get a bike from them.

i have been using Kymco bikes for the past 3 years . bikes i own before is a 300cc exciting and the 300cc downtown ( which i sold to a silverwing owner) both bikes did not give me any problem and they perform wonderfully.! At present , i am looking forward to buy the new 700cc myroad !

my experience with Motor Sport ( the DISTRIBUTOR of KYMCO SCOOTER) do not have any problem as their mechanic are all friendly , the boss Herbert is a nice and easy guy who are very friendly and can discuss any kymco SCOOTER & SPARE PARTS issue. All of us scooter rider is always concern about spare parts,which is a nightmare if we dont have them here . I do have spare parts change , but not a problem with Kymco bikes , they are easily available. Well guys, not to talk good things about them here, check it out with HERBERT, he is a better person to clear your doubt . HAPPY SCOOTERING !!!

The spares are always available provided that yr servicing is done at the authorised dealer. If one day u decided to change workshop due to watever reason, then that "always ready" spares will not come so easily.

Agreed with hazmat, should avoid "exclusive" dealer.

the salesman at MS is also nice. i went down last week. talk talk. and see the DT300i.

NICE bike!!

very tempting. my mrs also like since the seat is sooooo Bigggggg.

But my bike they did not take in. saying maybe hard to sell. plus the trade in price they 1st quote is too low.

i will lose until pants drop. ha ha

sincerely seeking downtown riders advice on the maintence issue of DT300i.

i was talking with my fren who is riding a piaggio 400cc

he say his service is 350++ ( this is very ex for me i dare not italian bike)

i wonder how much will kymco be. if the service is minor change (engine oil+ filter+spark plug+ air filter) i not scared. i scared the tranmission full service belt+roller+ dunno wat else must change)

i nvr ride scooter b4.

can the seniors pls comment.

thank you

HI , i rode a exciting 300i for 8 months and i trade in for downtown 300i and been riding it for 2 years.

oil change at 5000km , 1.5 ltr of synethic oil is needed , cost of oil and labour is $40.00

1 no . of spark plug at $5.00 is change every 5000km

belt and roller change at 35000km, cost about $300++ ( i have not yet change it on my bike)

Downtown bikes is good for it fast pick up , top speed is at 140kph. the bike dont really gave me problem .Check it out with MOTOR SPORT if you have further queries. They will be more happy to answer all your queries.