SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Feedback abt YBR

Smack76

No, it doesn't feel like a toy. It just feels... well, slow. That's all. :cheeky:

aiya all 2b/2a bikes are slow ler :D

i think only way can say bike fast is those 1000cc n above sports/sports touring bikes lol

i know a few 1000cc riders who own a smaller 2b bike to save on petrol

but seriously if ybr can get 50+km/l its a better option than getting a cub as a spare bike :cheeky:

2B-KRR(SOLD)

2A-GSXR400(SCRAPPED),ZXR400(SOLD)

2-R1

3-TOYOTA CAMRY

http://www.1000ps.at/magazin/yamaha/yamaha_r1_8gross.jpg

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think only way can say bike fast is those 1000cc n above sports/sports touring bikes lol

but seriously if ybr can get 50+km/l its a better option than getting a cub as a spare bike :cheeky:

I prefer it to cub because the tank is big as well. Don;t need to pump so often. I pump perhaps once every 2 weeks.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

• 2 weeks later...

Bro not all 2B/2A bike are too slow.It depend on the skill of rider also.No matter how big your cc if your skill are limited then you cant go fast also.SG Bikes majority all got speed limiter.Dun believe you compare singapore new ZX250 @ Malaysian one.Ditto for cars also you compare our Civic 1.8 and theirs.

Klass 2,3,4 i shiny Professional'noye litsenziya

1993:Class 2B-Yamaha RXK/RXZ/TZR125RR/SDR200/WR200-Aprilia RS125R-Kawasaki KRR150ZX(Former)

2000:Class 3-Honda Civic 1.6esi(Former)Proton Exora 1.6Turbo(Current)

2004:Bus Driver Vocational License

2009:Class 4

2011:Class 2A-Aprilia RS250-Honda CB400SF PB1-KTM250EXC(Former)Yamaha XJR400R(Current)

2013:Class 2-Suzuki B-King 1300(Former)

• 2 weeks later...

hello ppl.

I'm seriously a newbie in tis bike thing.

Can anyone tell me, Y whenever I use my rear brake, . there will be a sound like as if two metal part are rubbing against each other? and my rear brake light does nt light up at all when i step on the brake.

checked my brake pad. still ok liao.

btw I'm riding a YBR. :)

You have to clean your brake shoe and the rear brake. That one have to go to mechanic. I had mine done by cutting grooves and sanding the inside of the housing and the shoes itself. Took about 20 mins to complete.

The brake light, you got to open up the right side panel and adjust the "screw" which is connected to the spring.

If you not sure, just head down to your trusty mech!

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It a bike where you forget its yours. Every time i worry about finances for food, work family etc. Then the last thing on my mind is my YBR.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

any good recommendations for tyres and where to install? i'm losing confidence in my stock tyres.

I recommend the Michelin Pilot Sporty. Any bike shop will do.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

60 bucks for the back. I think max 120 for the set. Those are good road tyres man.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

I am using front Michelin Pilot Sporty, Back is Maxxis Promax Street. I wanna change the rear tyres soon to a Michelin Pilot Sporty.

Regarding Side panniers, i think the YBR will look damn ugly with it. Just my opinion though. For your rear box, mine is a Givi E45. 45L of pure goodness which can fit 2 FF Helmets inside.

Was thinking of adding side boxes as well, but will have problems squeezing through i think.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

yeah man. if put side panniers have to get used to it. the leg must stretch more, pillion get on and off also difficult. squeeze also difficult. fuel consumption probably affected too. but i want a place to put my armored jacket. my ltd box no space. argh.

i'll check out the pilot sporty. where do u do servicing/install tyres. i thinking of unique motorsports. my bike shop don't sell.

Don't be daft. Vote for change.

Don't know ah. My bike shop also dont sell. But they will order from the supplier and fix for me one. If you want to know where i go for my servicing, i will PM you ah.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

went to take a look at the e 21s. an old dude told me not to buy, even if it's locked it can be opened. i don't think i'll add panniers afterall. don't want to add weight, make it difficult to mount and dismount, and hinder squeezing.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently my bike seems to heavy on the expressway. Used to able to reach 90km easily but now takes more time and need to trottle more to reach

90km. Its tend to slow down a lot when going up slope even on the expressway. Is this normal? Anyway you guys mention millage can get more than 40km per litre, but my bike can only get 30+km per litre. Could it be some parts need to be changed. Clutch plate? CDI? Any good mech to recommend?

Currently my bike seems to heavy on the expressway. Used to able to reach 90km easily but now takes more time and need to trottle more to reach

90km. Its tend to slow down a lot when going up slope even on the expressway. Is this normal? Anyway you guys mention millage can get more than 40km per litre, but my bike can only get 30+km per litre. Could it be some parts need to be changed. Clutch plate? CDI? Any good mech to recommend?

1. Check your air filter element whether it is flooded with water or not... i used to have this issue on my YBR... The whole thing was a swimming pool and air cannot go in.... hence throttle became sluggish.

2. Mileage 40km/l is only achievable if you are verrrrrrrry easy on the throttle... open it slowly and let the bike build revs too cruising speed. Yes you will be the last one off from the traffic junction... but you will be saving petrol.

3. Any shop can do YBR.... except yuh loong motor.

Point 2 is rubbish. XXXratedxxx knows my real weight and i can reach 40km/l.

And yes, its a slow bike. Takes you forever to reach 90km/h anyway. I gave up on that after the "loading weight increased due to reasons such as me packing more stuff in my box, etc"

Check your air filter. If you feel your clutch plates weird, then it may be your clutch plates. I change gears at 4.5 - 5k RPM. So as a rough guide, i switch to gear 3 at 26km/h, 4 at 38km/h etc. If you are switching at gear 3 at 30 or more km/h at more than 5k rpm, it may be your clutch plates. Or when you open big throttle, suddenly your clutch didnt engage fully, you got to close and open again. Lastly, at 100km/h, my rpm is at 7k plus but cannot reach 8k. If yours more than 9k confirm your plates liao.

This is just my feeling.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

Point 2 is rubbish. XXXratedxxx knows my real weight and i can reach 40km/l.

And yes, its a slow bike. Takes you forever to reach 90km/h anyway. I gave up on that after the "loading weight increased due to reasons such as me packing more stuff in my box, etc"

Check your air filter. If you feel your clutch plates weird, then it may be your clutch plates. I change gears at 4.5 - 5k RPM. So as a rough guide, i switch to gear 3 at 26km/h, 4 at 38km/h etc. If you are switching at gear 3 at 30 or more km/h at more than 5k rpm, it may be your clutch plates. Or when you open big throttle, suddenly your clutch didnt engage fully, you got to close and open again. Lastly, at 100km/h, my rpm is at 7k plus but cannot reach 8k. If yours more than 9k confirm your plates liao.

This is just my feeling.

http://www.dirtaction.com.au/images/Blogs/fat%20guy%20on%20bike.jpg

have u added more weight to the bike? or check tyre pressure. i recently installed a new box and the feel of the bike is different.

my mileage can get from about 42-45 l/km, even on stock.