SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Feedback abt YBR

Smack76

Point 2 is rubbish. XXXratedxxx knows my real weight and i can reach 40km/l.

And yes, its a slow bike. Takes you forever to reach 90km/h anyway. I gave up on that after the "loading weight increased due to reasons such as me packing more stuff in my box, etc"

Check your air filter. If you feel your clutch plates weird, then it may be your clutch plates. I change gears at 4.5 - 5k RPM. So as a rough guide, i switch to gear 3 at 26km/h, 4 at 38km/h etc. If you are switching at gear 3 at 30 or more km/h at more than 5k rpm, it may be your clutch plates. Or when you open big throttle, suddenly your clutch didnt engage fully, you got to close and open again. Lastly, at 100km/h, my rpm is at 7k plus but cannot reach 8k. If yours more than 9k confirm your plates liao.

This is just my feeling.

Thanks for the info guyz. Anyway crazydj comparing the info above, my bike seems to be rpm and speed more or less the same. Guess the bike really doesnt have much power. For the millage wise, i manage to get 352km when my bike reach reserve tank. Top-up almost 11litres of petrol, so its around 32km per litre. This time round i try to ride like wat XXXratedxxx mention "Easy on the trottle", In short like Ah Pek. To see wats the millage i can get.

Anyway does engine oil play a big part? Currently my mech use Redz Super_4T engine oil. Which i checked on the net is 20w50. Maybe i'll try changing to another better brand to see whether got any big diffence?

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the info guyz. Anyway crazydj comparing the info above, my bike seems to be rpm and speed more or less the same. Guess the bike really doesnt have much power. For the millage wise, i manage to get 352km when my bike reach reserve tank. Top-up almost 11litres of petrol, so its around 32km per litre. This time round i try to ride like wat XXXratedxxx mention "Easy on the trottle", In short like Ah Pek. To see wats the millage i can get.

Anyway does engine oil play a big part? Currently my mech use Redz Super_4T engine oil. Which i checked on the net is 20w50. Maybe i'll try changing to another better brand to see whether got any big diffence?

32km/l is absurd. Its way too little for a YBR and i ride my bike hard. I change gears at 5k+ RPM and always full throttle most of the time. I recommend you check your tire pressure and clean your chain and sprockets. Alto try to spin your wheels freely. If you feel got alot of resistance, then something may be wrong with your brakes or wheels or something like that.

Worse comes to worst, i think got potato in your pipe. :cheeky:

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

32km/l is absurd. Its way too little for a YBR and i ride my bike hard. I change gears at 5k+ RPM and always full throttle most of the time. I recommend you check your tire pressure and clean your chain and sprockets. Alto try to spin your wheels freely. If you feel got alot of resistance, then something may be wrong with your brakes or wheels or something like that.

Worse comes to worst, i think got potato in your pipe. :cheeky:

Really?? Then why are you still so damn bloody slow?? :angel::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Last time i keep rempit my YBR.... rev rev rev then throw clutch to make it go faster and tarik all the way.... 30km/litre, but bike very fast.... like those canadian pizza riders that kind of fast!

That Red4T 20w-50 is the cheapest mineral oil... only $5/bottle... try the 10w-40 semi sythetic redz 4T.... its not bad an oil for that price! :thumb:

Really?? Then why are you still so damn bloody slow?? :angel::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Last time i keep rempit my YBR.... rev rev rev then throw clutch to make it go faster and tarik all the way.... 30km/litre, but bike very fast.... like those canadian pizza riders that kind of fast!

What? 30km/l? No wonder you sold off your bike. Cannot make it already sia. Of all people who owned a YBR, only YOU got alot of negative thing to say. Haha.

Perhaps suay suay Yuh Long Motor sell you one which got leaking gasket or something or potato in pipe. Haha. :cheeky:

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

What? 30km/l? No wonder you sold off your bike. Cannot make it already sia. Of all people who owned a YBR, only YOU got alot of negative thing to say. Haha.

Perhaps suay suay Yuh Long Motor sell you one which got leaking gasket or something or potato in pipe. Haha. :cheeky:

Too slow already for me.... the bike struggle to build up speed.... :angel::cheeky: so of cos keep whacking the thing till 30km/l!! Giddy up you piece of china bike!!!

Too slow already for me.... the bike struggle to build up speed.... :angel::cheeky: so of cos keep whacking the thing till 30km/l!! Giddy up you piece of china bike!!!

There is a trick to make it go faster... You got to rub the exhaust pipe in a loving manner... :thumb:

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

Turn out to be a clutch problem for my bike. Now bike much2 better. Still same speed but pick-up much better. As for millage wise, guess part it is the clutch thingy and part of it could be the air filter thingy. Checked it out and found it very dirty and oily. Got it at Ah Boy for $10. So far millage increase to 35km per litre, not sure the current millage due to changing the clutch and air filter during less than 3/4 tank. Will update once get the actual millage. Thanks guys for the info and comments.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, can anyone give me a guide on how to tighten the chain of YBR?

you need: size 17 spanner, size 8 spanner.

1. Put bike on mainstand
  2. loosen both sides of the swingarm nut (i.e. The nut holding the axle of the rear wheel).
  3. Turn the chain adjuster nut (at the end of the swingarm) clockwise till desired tension, turn the right hand side nut equal number of turns in the same direction (i.e. LHS clockwise 3 times, RHS clockwise 3 times).
  4. Tighten the swingarm nuts on both sides
  5. Tighten chain adjuster locknut (if any).
  6. Lube chain
  7. Good to go.

• 1 month later...
Point 2 is rubbish. XXXratedxxx knows my real weight and i can reach 40km/l.

And yes, its a slow bike. Takes you forever to reach 90km/h anyway. I gave up on that after the "loading weight increased due to reasons such as me packing more stuff in my box, etc"

Check your air filter. If you feel your clutch plates weird, then it may be your clutch plates. I change gears at 4.5 - 5k RPM. So as a rough guide, i switch to gear 3 at 26km/h, 4 at 38km/h etc. If you are switching at gear 3 at 30 or more km/h at more than 5k rpm, it may be your clutch plates. Or when you open big throttle, suddenly your clutch didnt engage fully, you got to close and open again. Lastly, at 100km/h, my rpm is at 7k plus but cannot reach 8k. If yours more than 9k confirm your plates liao.

This is just my feeling.

Hey bro, read your other threads(which includes your height and weight) and wanted to ask if YBR is that suitable for tall people.

I am around 1.9m and 80kg.

I am considering spark and YBR, however getting a spark will make the bike looks small.....

I've lot of time to consider though, few more months till 18.:)

Hey bro, read your other threads(which includes your height and weight) and wanted to ask if YBR is that suitable for tall people.

I am around 1.9m and 80kg.

I am considering spark and YBR, however getting a spark will make the bike looks small.....

I've lot of time to consider though, few more months till 18.:)

take license first then consider.

take license first then consider.

Agreed. Worry when you get your licence.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Thinking of getting this bike. Any idea how much is it OTR now for first hand? or machine price?

me too. anyone? :)

2B - 29 December 2010, one time pass

2A - On going...

4 May 2011 to August 2011 - Honda NSR150SP

21 July 2012 - Honda Phantom TA200

http://thrumylensontwowheels.blogspot.sg/

Nikon D5000 | AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5 - 5.6G VR | Vitacon 67mm UV Filter | Sigma EF-610 DG Super Flash | Yongnuo Speedlight YN560

hey bros, just wondering, what is the rough OTR price of a 2nd hand YBR?

2B - 29 December 2010, one time pass

2A - On going...

4 May 2011 to August 2011 - Honda NSR150SP

21 July 2012 - Honda Phantom TA200

http://thrumylensontwowheels.blogspot.sg/

Nikon D5000 | AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5 - 5.6G VR | Vitacon 67mm UV Filter | Sigma EF-610 DG Super Flash | Yongnuo Speedlight YN560