SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Tong Aik made me sad =(

7hr-s3xdrugs-incident

The reason behind why Tong Aik made me sad (and abit angry)

I ride a vespa px150. I purchased it from Tong Aik about last year or so.

Just as almost every eager new vespa owner, I dreamt about giving my scooter a nice paint job to complete the personalization of it. So the only problem lies is saving enough money to get it done.

To cut the long story short, I saved for about a year and finally got 1000 dollars extra dedicated to doing up my old lookin vespa. I was exited.

I went down to Tong Aik, and requested for a paint job and some changes of parts that were damaged (clutch grip, light bulbs, switch)

So, I went down some days later and the lady with curly hair told me that my gear box was damaged, I did not really know why, but she was vehemently insistent that I get it fixed even tho it wasn't giving my any problems. So I succumbed and let them do whatever they thought was wrong. In my mind, safety is the reason for my agreeing to them. So I put down a deposit of $1000. Thinking that I could get back any surplus or extra.

Come one day, I was free and went down to with the intention of confirming the color of which I wanted my bike to be painted. By then, the lady w curly hair told me that the $1000 I deposited had already been cut back 700+++ for the repairs that my bike required. *devastated* How am I going to squeeze more cash for the paint job coming. I already half given up at this point. 4D and TOTO is my only option.

So she told me that I had to wait about 5-6 week for the job to be done. This amount of time is too long. And I need transport to and fro from work.

So I requested to have back the portion of money which had not been used and to get back my bike. So I could have back my hard earned Singapore dollars in my wallet, in my pocket, in my hand which toiled for my wages. At least it is safe with me. BUT.....BUT.... Bu...bu...but.....

To my HORROR:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

She said "CANNOT! money go in cannot come out already"

ME: d-_-"b

Lady w curly hair: BLAH BLAH BLAH.... you put the money here, next time can use.

ME: =( *exclaimed* I just want back my money or I go to the authorities!!!!!

den a man (one of the senior mechanic who I totally respect) suddenly shout at me.

MAN: HEY YOUNG MAN!!! NOT SAY YOU NEXT TIME WON'T COME BACK BUY THING RIGHT... BLAH BLAH BLAH

ME: -.-

Finally.... I simply opted for getting some stuff that I was forced to buy so that I do not have to leave my hard earned money (with sweat, blood & tears) with them.

The point is I am not going back anymore. I feel cheated and I feel sad that I paid $1000 that I scrimped and saved over the months for some minor replacements and repairs that I did not even ordered.

And for your information, my scooter still look fresh out of the junkyard. ONE Thousand dollars and my bike still can pass of as the means of transport for Captain Junkyard.

Junketeers~ Let our powers combine..

"When your powers combine; I AM CAPTAIN JUNKYARD!! Serving JUSTICE to one junkyard at a time and scooting around in between his crusades on his trusty JUNK MOBILE"

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS.....

*POOF*

Tong aik: *KAching*

ME: d-.-"b

End of story. You be the judge

Edited by 7hr-s3x&drugs-incident

i Luv WaffleS~

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey dude, i sympathise what u are going through nw. but hey , what excatly did they change for 700plus? care to share for fellow scooterist to share their thots? u could have rebuilt your engine with that kind of money.

Edited by whazzup

Thats real life,dude..There bloodsuckers everywhere..You should never trust anyone with your money other than your closest such as family members.Its a unfair world we living in.We should always be firm and precaution everytime.Talking about this scenario,this should be the best way

1)Asked them what parts are they gonna repair?

2)IF they say,they need to check first,den they change(FIRMLY say NO..ask them to call you straight before changing anything even the slightest parts and ask them the cost first.

3)if possible,always be beside your bike when the mechanic are doing your ride.

4)Always never show and NEVER put your money First to shops even for minor repairs and if can tell them you are on budget.Better to act no money in hand.(Its always work for me)

5)if required to deposit,always ask for receipt and read the agreement and ask them any terms you dont understand.(If they like dont care to entertain your questions,go off from there,there is still a lot shops waiting for business)

lastly,dude,i feel sorry for you..Juz a hard lesson to learn.be calm

My Rides

1999-Tzm 150

2001-Sp 150

2002-Suspended for 9 mths

2004-Super 4(V-Tech1)

2005-DRZ 400

2006-RXZ 135

2007-Wave 125

2008-YzF R6 '07'

2008-YzF R1 '08' & Suzuki K8

Thats real life,dude..There bloodsuckers everywhere..You should never trust anyone with your money other than your closest such as family members.Its a unfair world we living in.We should always be firm and precaution everytime.Talking about this scenario,this should be the best way

1)Asked them what parts are they gonna repair?

2)IF they say,they need to check first,den they change(FIRMLY say NO..ask them to call you straight before changing anything even the slightest parts and ask them the cost first.

3)if possible,always be beside your bike when the mechanic are doing your ride.

4)Always never show and NEVER put your money First to shops even for minor repairs and if can tell them you are on budget.Better to act no money in hand.(Its always work for me)

5)if required to deposit,always ask for receipt and read the agreement and ask them any terms you dont understand.(If they like dont care to entertain your questions,go off from there,there is still a lot shops waiting for business)

lastly,dude,i feel sorry for you..Juz a hard lesson to learn.be calm

bro u suspended for 9mths? wats the diff with revoke?

~Please Ride N Drive Safely.~

if u cant,its ok,but dont bring harm to other ppl.

wana die,go die alone.dnt bring innnocent ppl along.

OKae!

i think is

suspend more than a year(12mth) = revoke ,retake license

suspend less than a year (below 11mth) = go study again.

can check under dips

http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/services/Driving_in_Singapore/Information/dips/dipsflow.jpg

2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave

307820_10150323232886544_694486543_7936127_1053552251_n.jpg

lousy bad shop.hope he lose all the customer.

2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave

307820_10150323232886544_694486543_7936127_1053552251_n.jpg

bro u suspended for 9mths? wats the diff with revoke?

More than 12mths den considered revoked-must take again from beginning

9mths suspended meaning still keep license-caught speeding 138km/h over 50km/hr road_O

My Rides

1999-Tzm 150

2001-Sp 150

2002-Suspended for 9 mths

2004-Super 4(V-Tech1)

2005-DRZ 400

2006-RXZ 135

2007-Wave 125

2008-YzF R6 '07'

2008-YzF R1 '08' & Suzuki K8

eh, u never call police, i am sure you felt threatened right?

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7641/54688861td1.jpg

~My 2 stroke never fails to set my heart racing~

I am slow please don't bully me.

Sounds a bit one-sided...

Why did you go giving a $1000 deposit??? Who does that???

Did you ask for a breakdown of what was wrong with your engine other than the gearbox? What else was changed. TA will usually give you all of the parts that they replaced, to show you what was done... Did you authorise them to repair your engine?

Vespa PX200Disc ------The Pinaccle of Classic Scootering------

www vesporeanfaq:) wikispaces:) com

The reason behind why Tong Aik made me sad (and abit angry)

I ride a vespa px150. I purchased it from Tong Aik about last year or so.

Just as almost every eager new vespa owner, I dreamt about giving my scooter a nice paint job to complete the personalization of it. So the only problem lies is saving enough money to get it done.

To cut the long story short, I saved for about a year and finally got 1000 dollars extra dedicated to doing up my old lookin vespa. I was exited.

I went down to Tong Aik, and requested for a paint job and some changes of parts that were damaged (clutch grip, light bulbs, switch)

So, I went down some days later and the lady with curly hair told me that my gear box was damaged, I did not really know why, but she was vehemently insistent that I get it fixed even tho it wasn't giving my any problems. So I succumbed and let them do whatever they thought was wrong. In my mind, safety is the reason for my agreeing to them. So I put down a deposit of $1000. Thinking that I could get back any surplus or extra.

Come one day, I was free and went down to with the intention of confirming the color of which I wanted my bike to be painted. By then, the lady w curly hair told me that the $1000 I deposited had already been cut back 700+++ for the repairs that my bike required. *devastated* How am I going to squeeze more cash for the paint job coming. I already half given up at this point. 4D and TOTO is my only option.

So she told me that I had to wait about 5-6 week for the job to be done. This amount of time is too long. And I need transport to and fro from work.

So I requested to have back the portion of money which had not been used and to get back my bike. So I could have back my hard earned Singapore dollars in my wallet, in my pocket, in my hand which toiled for my wages. At least it is safe with me. BUT.....BUT.... Bu...bu...but.....

To my HORROR:

She said "CANNOT! money go in cannot come out already"

ME: d-_-"b

Lady w curly hair: BLAH BLAH BLAH.... you put the money here, next time can use.

ME: =( *exclaimed* I just want back my money or I go to the authorities!!!!!

den a man (one of the senior mechanic who I totally respect) suddenly shout at me.

MAN: HEY YOUNG MAN!!! NOT SAY YOU NEXT TIME WON'T COME BACK BUY THING RIGHT... BLAH BLAH BLAH

ME: -.-

Finally.... I simply opted for getting some stuff that I was forced to buy so that I do not have to leave my hard earned money (with sweat, blood & tears) with them.

The point is I am not going back anymore. I feel cheated and I feel sad that I paid $1000 that I scrimped and saved over the months for some minor replacements and repairs that I did not even ordered.

And for your information, my scooter still look fresh out of the junkyard. ONE Thousand dollars and my bike still can pass of as the means of transport for

"Serving JUSTICE to one junkyard at a time and scooting around in between his crusades on his trusty JUNK MOBILE"

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS.....

*POOF*

Tong aik: *KAching*

ME: d-.-"b

End of story. You be the judge

Have you got the receipt with the cost break down? or just vebal agreement?

Can go to 'CASE' ask for advise if you speaking the truth provided with evidences.

Since is your Hard Earn Money stain with Blood/sweat/Tears like what you mentioned, then you should seek legal means.

With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.

I've been sending(and still sending) my PX150 to Tong Aik for servicing since 1993. Other than the lady being a bit loud(but that's her) she's ok.

There was once a disagreement over a scratch(not sure how it happened) after re-spray. But we resolved it with them agreeing to pay the full cost of the re-spray. No complaints about them from me, cos everything's negotiable during discussions.

You're sure that's the whole story? ...cos I'm a satisfied customer after 16 years patronising them.

And no, I'm not related to them, neither did I buy my PX150 from them(in 1993, from Mr. Ho in the classifieds) ... just wanting all sides of the story.

er..... it seems you've also badmouthed an instructor once before too.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4299883#post4299883

Edited by Frank y

Hi not a regular at TA but so far my experience with them.

Auntie loud..Mr wee is a very good mechanic.(not sure if you refering to him)

also normally they change any parts, they leave it on your bike so you know what

has been changes.-They will tell you the est price before they change

But during my first time there i did have a very bad experience with some freelancer mechanic but after talking to Mr Wee all things solved.

hope your case will be solved.

My personal experience with them:

1) they will call you before they do anything to you scooter with the cost quoted

2) Any replacement of parts they do, they will give you back the old parts.

3) They did not request any deposits for my parts. I paid when they were done with the scooter.

They are not the cheapest shop in town, that is for sure. But so far, they have been a responsible shop.

Always send my vespa to Tong Aik last time.. Yes, the price expensive but they do quality job.. Only Ah Wee does my bike and always after doing watever he does, he takes my bike for a test ride to make sure everything is ok. He even takes care of my paint job when doing repairs, when he is super bz and handover to other mechanic to do my bike, he always ask them to be careful with the paint work...

Paint job wise i can't say they are the best. Cos Tong Aik sends the bike to another party to do paintjob. The uncle that does the paint job got mood one, he very busy period, paintjob not so great. He good mood he does wonders.. Sprayed my vespa twice there before, but i've seen better job done elsewhere.

The aunty "curly hair" and Ah wee still recognise me eventhough i dont ride vespa for so many yrs. Occasionally when i'm in the area, i drop by to say hi to them... Never regret doing my vespa there.. Regret i sold the bike away.. :(

http://www.speedtest.net/result/855609689.png

Hi all. As expected, I know by posting my story, there will be comments on my personal integrity, weather it's a one-sided story and people looking back at the posts I have made previously.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Frank Y: I did not exactly bad mouth an instructor. As a new learner rider back then and joining this forum, I was eager to get my feet wet in posting so I just posted stuff I heard from fellow female riders. I am sorry if I offended as this is the first forum I have joined and do not know the "un-spoken rules"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Sharpy: I put down the 1000 dollars because, I have been very unwilling to part with my money for some time, so in a bid to make a Jump, I gan2 gan2 put the money down for my darling bike to have a new look and ultimately realizing my little goal of having a nice shiny scooter which I had aimed for since starting learning how to ride. Now my dream *poof* le.

But nvm... I will DIY as I already suffered a loss due to my stupidity. I admit this fact.

Should have asked for reciept.... should not put money down like ah gong3....should make everything clear beforehand....

To ACkl: I agree that Mr Wee is an excellent mechanic. And he does have my UTMOST respect no matter what.

To valen11: Thanks for your advice. Even tho I have been riding for awhile now, I still have to wise up when making transactions.

Actually, I know that lodging a report is the best thing to do, and I have already done so. Only because I know my role as a consumer has been severely compromised.

I believe in karma and have been letting go of the anguish since the incident. I try to forgive. And now my main aim really is just to earn back my money.

But the truth is that for every dissatisfied customer, there is probably many more satisfied customers who are willing to disagree strongly with me for they had a good experience. But honestly, I am just giving my experience for newbies to just be more careful when dealing with any bike shops.

Sorry if I offended any Tong Aik supporters. Do forgive me

Do remember that I was a 100% satisfied customer of Tong Aik Before this incident, before this, I could be in any of your shoes; telling off anyone complaining about Tong Aik and proclaiming that they give first class service and products.... and their story is just a one sided account filled with malice.

But the situation has changed for me now and I got to deal with it, emotionally and financially.

i Luv WaffleS~

Haiya... Bad times.. Every single dirty tricks will surface... Dun get angry...Get Even! :cheeky:

**********DISCLAIMER**********

The information contained in this post, including any attachments,may contain confidential information Copy of this post for any purpose other than viewing for entertainment is not allowed & shall encur a fine of no less than $500 & any court costs required. The courts take copyright violations seriously. Think twice.

Haiya... Bad times.. Every single dirty tricks will surface... Dun get angry...Get Even! :cheeky:

ride your bike through their shop ~! :D

Always ride safely and defensively.

Repair bike cheap and fast,

Repair body expensive and slow.

There is only one best mechanic for your bike...YOU

I really like to get even, but revenge only make me feel sink in my stomach.

And I did talk about this to a trusted group of friends of mine and we came to a conclusion to just make a report so that authorities can raise a red flag with the particular questionable shop and let it go and concentrate of saving back the $1000 that I have lost.

The point is not to let the incident have power to make me feel bad or sad. Thanks sICkbOi-dOt-cOm

i Luv WaffleS~