SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

-=BabyBlade=-(CBR)

standlee

Hi everyone,

My coolent seems to be leaking after i top it up to full, am thinking that it's the coolent pipe.

Any idea what else could be having issue and how much would it be to repair it?

Do u see the leak...if not it can be a faulty cap or sumwhre else

NSR250F3,NSR250MC21SP,NSR250MC28SP,ZXR400R,CBR400 NC29,ZXR750RK,M,GG250

• Replies 48.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aalex82

• fx110

• honam24

• RYAN KEITH SMITH

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I am a new cbr400 rider, pretty inexperienced with the bike just wanna check with u guys that whenever i rev fast during my 1st gear, my bike seems to slow down and lose power aft a certain rpm and it has the same impact on the 2nd gear. However when i accelerate slowly everything seems fine and smooth. Does it have anything to do with valve clearance or if my 1st and 2nd gear is worn out?? Do enlighten me on this issue thanks much!!

not sure, i also not confirm your bike condition.

Just wanna share the photo...

Actually is the bottom block gasket near the exhaust header.

Engine Leaking.jpg

What kind of repair should I do ? Just change only the bottom gasket will do ? Anything else to check and replace ?

Thanks for any advice.

Guys i need some urgent info... its regarding our footrest, anyone, i mean really anyone knows whats the length for the 2 nuts? Center to center, our brake and gear footrest?

P.S please pm me if you confirm know the length!

I don't need to show my bike here 'cus I don't have one.

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g388/nghia_vn/Meme/ILied.png

simple question, how much should i pump my front and rear tyres, i always have pillion, using new michellin brand tyres.

2B TP second try - 11/11/10

First bike - NSR 150 SP - 22/11/10

2A TP first try - 02/08/13

Second bike - Honda CBR400R - 10/08/13

Current bike - Honda CB400SF Revo - 19/09/14

Just wanna share the photo...

Actually is the bottom block gasket near the exhaust header.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]285776[/ATTACH]

What kind of repair should I do ? Just change only the bottom gasket will do ? Anything else to check and replace ?

Thanks for any advice.

Thats the head gasket...top overhaul ah like dat haha...mite as well grind valve..

Thats the head gasket...top overhaul ah like dat haha...mite as well grind valve..

How much cash to prepare like this...? If only change gasket. I called up mechanic he quoted me around $200 to $300 for gasket replacement, checking valve and labour. Does this correct ?

BTW if grind the valve will reduce the tappet sound, right (knocking sound) ?

How much cash to prepare like this...? If only change gasket. I called up mechanic he quoted me around $200 to $300 for gasket replacement, checking valve and labour. Does this correct ?

BTW if grind the valve will reduce the tappet sound, right (knocking sound) ?

Yup cost arnd there

Nope have to check valve clearances and change shims...

I bought 7 can of Rj London Dull Black spray can at Mustafa for 5.60 each. Remove fairing off my bike, wash and spray. The result is not bad, but uneven at some area which I lost patience. Because the paint is very hard to stick on the fairing. Should had spray a base coat of white first. Fix back my tank to warm up engine first. Still very powdery, will buy dull lacquer and see how. I don't recommend others to do this cause really damn sian, I is regret doing it. Remove fairing seem easy but when some screw is spoil, u have a hard time. And fairing is super dirty with the tar underneath. Rj dull black is nicer than Nippon Matt black. Will post picture again.

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae335/kianzxc93/Untitled-1.jpg

2B - Oct 24/11 Honda Sp 150

I bought 7 can of Rj London Dull Black spray can at Mustafa for 5.60 each. Remove fairing off my bike, wash and spray. The result is not bad, but uneven at some area which I lost patience. Because the paint is very hard to stick on the fairing. Should had spray a base coat of white first. Fix back my tank to warm up engine first. Still very powdery, will buy dull lacquer and see how. I don't recommend others to do this cause really damn sian, I is regret doing it. Remove fairing seem easy but when some screw is spoil, u have a hard time. And fairing is super dirty with the tar underneath. Rj dull black is nicer than Nippon Matt black. Will post picture again.

Interesting, waiting for ur picture to be uploaded =D

Paint in cans will destroy the paintwork of the bike...not advisable to use to paint bike...small parts ok

Hi,

I am a new cbr400 rider, pretty inexperienced with the bike just wanna check with u guys that whenever i rev fast during my 1st gear, my bike seems to slow down and lose power aft a certain rpm and it has the same impact on the 2nd gear. However when i accelerate slowly everything seems fine and smooth. Does it have anything to do with valve clearance or if my 1st and 2nd gear is worn out?? Do enlighten me on this issue thanks much!!

Go tune your bike. I believe the effect is caused by the improper ratio of air to fuel intake. When it's done tuning, the air to fuel ratio would be the optimum setting for your bike. Ride safe, enjoy your ride. ;)

guys my right side the coolant part there come out smoke when i riding just now, anyone knw roughly wats the issue?

Check your coolant. I believe it's either insufficient coolant in your radiator, or there's a leak somewhere from your radiator/radiator hoses... Do check it before pushing your bike to high temperature as it would affect your engine components severely if its at a constant high temperature without any cooling systems...

I have a cbr400rr top block from chong aik international. Selling it at a very big loss... I bought it before I sold my bike... Got it just in case something happen with the block on my bike... Please SMS 96581357... Still wrapped in plastic and in the original box...

I have a cbr400rr top block from chong aik international. Selling it at a very big loss... I bought it before I sold my bike... Got it just in case something happen with the block on my bike... Please SMS 96581357... Still wrapped in plastic and in the original box...

Can just post here the price so evrybody noe...